WaistAways Team Chat - October 2024

Replies

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    PW - 158.2
    CW - 158
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,280 Member
    Thanks so much everyone for all the well wishes. It's been a rough week here in our household but we are on our way up, finally. And of course I can't even comprehend what our American friends are dealing with in Florida with the hurricane.. just devastating.

Thursday weigh-in
    Username ashleycarole86

PW 268.4
    CW 265.8

Vacation weight coming off!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    PW 142.2
    CW 142

I will take it. I have had a busy week so I wasn't able to get on alot, but I hope everyone who is sick feels better quickly.

I am off tomorrow I am getting my hair done, it's down to my lower back, and I am cutting atleast a foot off , going with a complete change to a shaggy lob, so that should take atleast a 1lb off me for next week. haaa haaa

Have a great weekend.

Are you going to donate your hair?
  • MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 311 Member
    PW: 180.8
    CW: 181.0

It's not much, but it's going the wrong way! I will make today a perfect day even though I didn't get any sleep last night.

@ashleycarole86 - I am glad you and Brad are on the mend! And, hurray to vacation weight coming off!

@Jen_967 - It's so good that you are seeking out the medical attention that you need! I hope you get the best news you can!
  • ashleycarole86
    Team, here were our week 1 step results:

5 participants - 362,145 total steps

Top steppers
    #1 @strong_fit_ells 103,441
    #2 @lauren_989 84,038
    #3 @ashleycarole86 67,915

Consistent steppers
    #1 @zankash23 7 of 7 days at pledge
    #2 @strong_fit_ells 6 of 7 days at pledge
    #3 @lauren_989 5 of 7 days at pledge

Best day of week 1
    22606 steps Oct 5 for @lauren_989

Best triumphant return
    @micki48 (I have you back at 8k daily pledge - let me know if that's still right!)

My watch is dead as it doesn't hold a charge anymore - I will be very hit or miss in what I can report. My phone records steps but it requires it to be on me. So, I will either be participating in a limited way or not at all until I replace my battery or get a new watch!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    Thursday already!!

Hope Brad & Ashley are continue to recuperate. Pictures from France are awesome, you guys look like you had a lot of fun.

And @Jen_967 sending all good thoughts for results of your biopsy.

I am continuing to battle this hacking cough. I have definitely let myself wallow/binge/snack too much as a result, so I will try to really reset next week. I am in my friend's wedding this Saturday. As maybe was predictable for someone who has been in a weight loss rut since March, I did not end up losing any weight before this event. Rats. But, I picked up my bridesmaid dress yesterday which did not fit AT ALL when it arrived, and this seamstress worked a true miracle!! I will feel just fine wearing it. I'm even a little excited to get my hair done. And I got a gel manicure for the first time in my life this week.

Week 2 of my workout challenge is going well, and PT sessions have really been kicked up a notch - I get to the point of drippingggg sweat twice a week there!

Won't be optimistic about the scale tomorrow, but on we go.
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,602 Member
    PW: 189.4 lbs
    CW: 188.2 lbs

The renaissance faire last weekend was a lot of fun! One of my friends and I bought ourselves tiaras that are just gorgeous. I also bought new D&D dice that are made from a metal. My husband did end up buying a turkey leg for lunch, which was his one goal for the faire.

Now that my cold is pretty much gone (save for a lingering cough), I have managed to squeeze in a yoga and a few strength workouts this week. I have just one more workout from Sydney’s September calendar to complete and then it’s on to October's!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Love the photos of France - Brad and Ash!
    Kali, I hope that you have a blast at your friend’s wedding!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 684 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 256.1
    CW: 255.9

Teensy green, yippee!
  • ashleycarole86
    @Jen_967 Really hoping the answers come quickly for you.
    @wishfuljune Those faires always look like a lot of fun! I am not great at dressing up but I love how it seems like everyone gets so into it!
    @Kali225 Way to go on the green and have a blast at the wedding. Love that you feel great in the dress - as you should my dear!

What's everyone looking forward to for the weekend?
    For me, reemerging into the world finally.. it's been a long week being pent up!
  • janiss123
    janiss123 Posts: 9 Member
    Friday Weigh In
    PW: 174.4
    CW: 173.8

Not much to report on my end. Just another week of working. At least I get a 3-day weekend because the office is closed on Monday for the holiday. I will visit my daughter in Pittsburgh tomorrow and then hang out with friends on Sunday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 1,257 Member
    I am finally feeling like myself again after that flu shot. Dang it was a doozy! Last night, I came home from work, ate dinner, was asleep by 7:30pm and slept for 12 hours and could have kept sleeping had I not needed to get up for work again.

I unfortunately didn't exercise the past 3 days and I overate yesterday. This weekend will be getting back to the gym and staying in my calorie goal. We are also going to ikea tomorrow which is always fun!

@janiss123 have fun visiting your daughter!

@Kali225 have fun at the wedding!

@wishfuljune way to go completing those workouts!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,271 Member
    Sorry to have been so absent! It has been a chaotic, crazy week. But at least weigh-in wasn't bad :smile:

Friday - 116.4

Hugs to everyone! I'll catch up one of these days...
  • Heathere244
    Heathere244 Posts: 23 Member
    Heathere244
    My weigh in was Sunday

PW 177.4
    CW 177.8

Been a rough beginning of the week with personal drama. I am horrible at making a goal and sticking to it. I still want to do better with logging in daily. I think I need to try this maybe during my lunch break because I try to stay off my phone when at the house. I am doing better with packing my lunches and eating breakfast. So I plan to stick with that. There have been a lot of celebrations at work so my snacking with sweets has gotten way off track. I need to do better with this. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 437 Member
    PW=80,60Kg
    CW=80,40Kg
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 891 Member
    10/12/24
    Weigh In Day: SATURDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.8
    CW (Current Weight): 168.4

Wasn’t focused this week. Going to look into self sabotage 🤔 No random eating is my goal as well as eating when truly hungry— but it has escaped me. Let’s see how this next week goes.
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 467 Member
    @Jen_967 Really hoping you get some answers. Not knowing can be the toughest part.

@ashleycarole86 Love seeing your travels and too bad it's a rough time getting back on your feet.

PW 166.2
    CW 165.0

Lots of turkey this weekend for Thanksgiving. Going to enjoy time with good food and family but balance with some activity and downtime. Have a great weekend.

• zankash23
    zankash23 Posts: 123 Member
    PW: 145.7
    CW: 145.2

4uc9gfxc9k85.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,479 Member
    The October Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, October 13th. Please join us for a great week of getting questions answered and promoting great discussion about your health journey. It will be AWESOME! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10925487/october-week-3-group-challenge-ask-a-question-challenge#latest

See you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    Sorry for the disappointing weigh in. Makes me sad. But I knew last week was too good to be true.

PW 216.4
    CW 219.1

Still got to the gym twice and one hike/walk. Wasn’t as good with logging, but not awful eating wise. Oh well. On to another week.

My daily step goal is 7,000 steps. Ashley and Brad glad you are feeling on the upswing. Love the France photos.

Vikki I hope you post photos of your new hairstyle.

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,322 Member
    9dtz8ozwbh7p.jpeg
  • strong_fit_ells
    strong_fit_ells Posts: 148 Member
    Good morning Waistaways 🥰

CW 236.2lbs

I think it's a loss or though not much. I'm surprised actually. On Friday I went out for drinks and ate quite more than usually I would. Loss is a loss I guess 😊

Have a lovely Sunday everyone 🥰
  • strong_fit_ells
    edited October 13
    swy50tux289k.jpg

And last Sunday steps were 10,324
  • strong_fit_ells
    Also @lauren_989 unusual request 🫣

Can you change my starting ever weight to 250.3lbs, please? Looking at my history of mfp weigh ins I was that weight when I started this new account in April 2023 🫣 I would love to see the pounds I've lost overtime and it will hopefully give me confidence boost 😊🥰
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,395 Member
    It is Thanksgiving for us Canadians so..
    I'm just wishing all the Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving day...

We are having the whole family over 18 people and we are smoking a huge turkey🦃🦃❤️❤️