2 week challenge

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    what's your job, Kate? I miss having a "Christmas Break" like I did when I was in school!
    I am 40/30/30 and it's a rare day when I stay under carbs and over on protein! I try not to worry about fat too much, it really doesn't get too high if I eat lean protein.
  • AScheif
    AScheif Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Just checking in with everyone!! Good to see all of you in "Challenge Mode"!! I have hada rough week - long story short, burned off a layer of my cornea with shower gel, got in a car accident, and now have a terrible cold! But I am happy to say I haven't missed a workout yet this week! My trainer has had to modify everythign for me because I can't do any upper body workouts for 2 weeks due to the accident - but the scale still shows under 145 (barely) So I am happy about that.

I have thrown in the towel for the rest of the week, but will re-evaluate and set my new 2 week challenge goal on Monday!
  • amysj303
    Options
    wow, that's horrible! Glad you are ok. You have been through a lot. I am sure I would have missed a workout!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Aschief, my goodness!! You are a trooper and glad you are ok!

Kate, enjoy your birthday dinner and LONG vacation!!! Funny you mentioned carb cycling because I am doing that again, along with trying to zig zag calories. Not sure I am doing it so well though, lol!

Amy, you are doing a great job with JELF...you're getting it done!

Haven't gotten in any workouts this week but I have stayed very active. I plan on going in tomorrow to do the step mill and I got the "ok" to lift arms as long as it doesn't hurt...but we will see. Nutrition has been pretty good and so far I've lost another 1.8 lbs this week...I'm more concerned with not losing my muscle though :sad: I also feel like I'm losing the "umph" in my bootay...again :sad: lol!! I hope it doesn't waste away too quickly!

Alright ladies, it's the weekend...the hardest part of the week. My weekend goal is to log all meals this weekend and not go over on my cals!! Good luck all!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Ascheif!! Awwwww, you HAVE had a bad week! Big hugs!

I think I have mfp set at 35/40/25. I'm scared to go look because everytime I do, it all of a sudden goes back to the "standard" mfp settings and then my food calendar is full of RED until I go back and correct it, again. Suffice it to say I'm trying to eat high protein, lower carb (and fat).

I've been in seminar the last 2 days. Which was AWFUL!! And, when I even TRIED to do a cardio work-out Wednesday evening, it was just a GONG SHOW. Worst. Work-out. Ever. (Well, for at least 3 or 4 months, anyway.) My legs were like lead. My lungs were on fire. It was a disaster and I just wanted to go home and cry.

So, yesterday, I didn't even attempt a work-out....took it as a "rest" day. And, that means I HAVE to find some time, today, to get an upper body work-out in.

I must say, I was out with the women (and families) who will be at the GALA on Monday, and those women ALL LOOK FABULOUS!! One just got back from Mexico (and has been on a 30-day fast), one just got back from Florida (and she lost 20 lbs. this fall on u-weight-loss) and one is a naturally wire-thin super-model. So, I actually felt PRETTY INTIMIDATED in that crowd. And, I REALLY wished I had done this weight-training starting way back in September....I'm not gonna look THAT buff in my gown, that's for sure.

Anyway, I am having my hair and make-up done on Monday and I do plan on looking super-fab....it's just funny that NONE of those chicks work out and, frankly, they all look better than me.

:(
  • GingerBroad
    GingerBroad Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Anyway, I am having my hair and make-up done on Monday and I do plan on looking super-fab....it's just funny that NONE of those chicks work out and, frankly, they all look better than me.

:(

You will look fab! Its all about how you feel in the end. You are probably feeling intimidated b/c those women have had such recent dramatic changes. I am sure they look great, but they are probably thinking the same thing about how great you will look too. Just remember to work that room :)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I was just "venting" a bit....because, in truth, these women are good friends and I'm GLAD we are all trying to be our "best selves" - so GOOD FOR ALL OF US!!

I ended up sounding "*****y" - and that isn't helping anybody, at all - so, sorry about that!

The truth is, I would NEVER give up all of my exercise for anything - I believe it keeps me sane, healthy and allows my best performance in all that I do (family/work/volunteering, etc.) So, the fact they don't exercise is totally their business.

Plus, I totally believe I'd rock a better tankini than any of 'em....and, if not now, give me 2 more months and I will!!

;)
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    x (double post)
  • amysj303
    Options
    looking good in a bi/tank-ini is what it's all about;) Beeps, I hope you will post some pics of yourself at the gala, I am sure you and all your friends will look fab.
    I did pretty well at the office party last night, I had a few treats and a few drinks.
    today I am feeling it, though, and I am making somewhat poor choices food wise, there is still all kinds of stuff from the potluck and I think I have PMS, I want to eat everything...
    Party tonight and tomorrow so I need a better strategy for not screwing up too badly.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sounds like you did really well, asjerven....so, good for you!! (maybe even those "few treats and few drinks" were enough to bring on the CARB CRAVINGS....they would be for me!)

I will make sure pictures are taken and I'll post some (if I can figure out the posting thing....haven't tried it before!) - and, believe me, I'm not suggesting that I won't look good, because I will!
  • abigail1977
    abigail1977 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of Day 14 of my 2 week challenge. No weight loss at all which I thought was surprising since even though I was over my goal in calories I was still below maintenance and I was great about excercise so I looked a lttle closer at my diet - too much sugar, white flour, etc ("tis the season).....SO New 2 week challenge.

Food - Net 1360 calories same as before but from healthier sources, low in carbs & sugar, high in protein and fiber, etc.
    Excercise - 3 group fitness classes, 3 strength training days, dance classes and some outdoor running (weather permitting)

Take care everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options
    the next two weeks are the last two weeks of phase 1, so I have to stick with the workout, which added a day of workouts (Sun-Thursday this week and next).
    I will plan drinking alcohol only one night this week. Should add some kind of carb and protein goals too, I need something sort of attainable to ease me into the lower carb phases to come.
    The plan calls for no carbs three hours before bed, so I can try that...
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Beeps, I'm sure you are more healthy than your friends who lost so quickly. Can't wait to see pics of you rockin your dress!!

Abigail, it is so true what they say about nutrition being 75-80% of the equation. Glad you were able to look back at your diary and see what changes need to be made.

Amy, I think incorporating the no carbs in the evening to ease into the next phase is a great idea.

I got three workouts in this week, all with weights and I feel great!!! I think this is the beginning of me getting back into it. There was one exercise I started and right away, I could tell it was gonna pull on my abs too much, so I had to stop. But other than that, it was great. So this week, I'll get in 4 workouts (at least 3with weights), continue my cal/carb zig zag, it seems to be working for me. Since 11/28, I'm down 8 lbs, but I know some of that was water weight from Thanksgiving.

Hope all is well with you ladies!! Good luck this week!!
  • amysj303
    Options
    cute new pic, Jen!
    I got my Day 15 workout in last night-legs. I am feeling it too. this time the routine called for lying leg curls, whereas last weeks it was seated leg curls.
    DH said the seated leg curls were less likely to cause injury. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Personally, I feel a little silly in the lying leg curls, so I would do the seated ones just for that reason...
  • jenomaha
    Options
    cute new pic, Jen!
    I got my Day 15 workout in last night-legs. I am feeling it too. this time the routine called for lying leg curls, whereas last weeks it was seated leg curls.
    DH said the seated leg curls were less likely to cause injury. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Personally, I feel a little silly in the lying leg curls, so I would do the seated ones just for that reason...

Thanks Amy :happy: When you say lying leg curls, are you talking about prone position?? (face down) if so, the seated ones, leg extensions, are working your quads, where the prone ones work your hamstrings. If you're talking about a leg press or hip sled, then I prefer that kind to the leg extension because i can lift more and I feel I have better form. Did that make any sense at all, lol?!?! I personally don't like the leg ext unless you are truly using proper form. I think it puts a lot of stress on the knee if done incorrectly. Just my two cents :tongue:
  • amysj303
    Options
    can you see the workout here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-1-day-15.html
    It is the facedown, *kitten* up:tongue: and DH said it is bad for hamstrings, he injured his hamstring that way and I think a physical therapist told him that it isn't a natural movement for the hamstring, not totally sure.
    The leg press used to be on the lineup, but it wasn't this time.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    can you see the workout here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer-phase-1-day-15.html
    It is the facedown, *kitten* up:tongue: and DH said it is bad for hamstrings, he injured his hamstring that way and I think a physical therapist told him that it isn't a natural movement for the hamstring, not totally sure.
    The leg press used to be on the lineup, but it wasn't this time.

oh yes!! ok. Well I'm not totally sure on the mechanics/kinesthesiology (sp) of it all, but there are seated hamstring leg curls if you feel more comfortable with those. For hammies, I prefer romanian deadlifts, good mornings and then the seated leg curls.
  • BustyTransformer
    BustyTransformer Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    my 2 week goal challenge is to burn 400-500 calories a day, six times a day. I'm doing something different in which im eating lower calories 1100-1300. I know that's very low but im taking mulitivitamins and making sure i get enough protein, good fats, and carbs.. So far I have lost 5lbs in the past 3 weeks with this so Im keeping it up for another 2 weeks.:happy:
  • amysj303
    Options
    Jen, what are good mornings?
    Anne, I am sure you mean you are working out six times a week! but that is great progress and I appreciate trying different things to lose the last few pounds, but be careful, if you are not eatin your exercise calories you are only netting 600 calries on days where you eat 1100 and burn 500, and that is seriously low.
  • jenomaha
    Options
    Amy, Good Mornings are the exercise where you put a barbell over your shoulders, knees slightly bent, ben at the hips, keep your head up and stand straigh back up. Kinda like a deadlift, but the weight placement is different. Good for back, hammies and the bootay :tongue: Here ya go:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/stiff-leg-barbell-good-morning