Welcome! Please read before posting :)

Options

Replies

• sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm Melissa and I'm a shortie; 5'2" almost.

So happy to be around other shorties.
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Marla 5'3" and ready for the year to end my yoyoing. Most of my life was thin until mid 40's and last ten years (I am 55) I have gone up and down and mostly up last two years.

I think it will help to be in a group where people understand what it is like to live on less calories because of being small a what a challenge that can be!
  • shortjules
    shortjules Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi...I'm 5'2" and 191.6 right now, down from 204.4 on Thanksgiving. I was 149 a couple of years ago and then nursing school and bad eating happened. I'm so glad that there is a group dedicated completely to shorties like me. I'm doing Jillian Michaels DVDs...pretty much in love with her workouts. It'll be great to have support from other people in the same situation as me though.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Welcome everybody! Glad to see new faces. I can totally agree Marla. I envy those that can eat 2,000 calories or so and be fine. So unfair! :laugh:
  • soagirl777
    soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I'm 5'3" tall. I currently weigh 166.8 and want to lose 30-40 lbs. So glad I found other shorties to hang with and get support from. I joined a Biggest Loser competition. Our first weigh in is on Monday so I'm starting my journey then. For now, I'm just trying to figure this posting thing out! Good luck everyone=):happy:
  • amme47
    amme47 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am so happy to discover this group. I've tried this on my own and it has not worked. I've been trying to figure out how to get friends and saw this wonderful group! I'm 5 feet even. I had wanted to lose 25 lbs and then had an unfortunate summer and put on another 20 lbs. So my goal is 40 to 50 lbs. I would so love to make some friends who are in same situation. Looking forward to getting to know you and adding some friends.
  • DrNicoleRed
    DrNicoleRed Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm also in another group for fun-sized people (Shorties! 5ft) on here. I wonder if they could be merged somehow. Also, is this considered the "introduce yourself" thread?
  • Sfulcher05
    Sfulcher05 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am new to the group! I'm 5ft 3in, but know how hard it can be to keep the weight off. I don't feel petite, I just feel short and round so I'd love some support in changing my mindset as well as my body. This group is a great idea.
  • shanalivee
    Options
    hi i am 4'11 and so glad i found a group that can relate! i want to drop 20lbs. i am over weight for my size but i like to look curvey but after getting married i became a blob and not a curve lol. glad i found this group!
  • hayjessmum
    hayjessmum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and I'm from Australia so I don't actually know my weight in pounds but I am just short of 5 foot and need to lose about 40 kilos which seems massive to me. I used to be really petite about 15 years ago but have just stacked it all on for various reasons, but mostly because I stopped exercising. I love this place and think it is actually what I need. Please feel free to add me as a friend! :) PS today is my first day.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hi, i'm also in another group for fun-sized people (Shorties! 5ft) on here. I wonder if they could be merged somehow. Also, is this considered the "introduce yourself" thread?

Welcome! Yes, you can feel free to introduce yourself on this thread! I'm not sure how long the other group has been going, since we created the group back in September.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a newbie and I'm from Australia so I don't actually know my weight in pounds but I am just short of 5 foot and need to lose about 40 kilos which seems massive to me. I used to be really petite about 15 years ago but have just stacked it all on for various reasons, but mostly because I stopped exercising. I love this place and think it is actually what I need. Please feel free to add me as a friend! :) PS today is my first day.

Welcome and welcome to MFP! I absolutely love it here. The people are great and the knowledge you gain by just counting calories, etc. is amazing. I was never into watching what I ate or exercise and it's been great! I'm sending you a friend request right now!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    hi i am 4'11 and so glad i found a group that can relate! i want to drop 20lbs. i am over weight for my size but i like to look curvey but after getting married i became a blob and not a curve lol. glad i found this group!

I know the feeling about being a "blob," however, we have to remember we are beautiful still and we will be hot in no time!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I am new to the group! I'm 5ft 3in, but know how hard it can be to keep the weight off. I don't feel petite, I just feel short and round so I'd love some support in changing my mindset as well as my body. This group is a great idea.

Welcome! I hope you'll find some great support on MFP and here. :heart:
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I'm 5'3" tall. I currently weigh 166.8 and want to lose 30-40 lbs. So glad I found other shorties to hang with and get support from. I joined a Biggest Loser competition. Our first weigh in is on Monday so I'm starting my journey then. For now, I'm just trying to figure this posting thing out! Good luck everyone=):happy:

Welcome fellow Lisa! That's my name as well. Congrats on being on the Biggest Loser Competition! Is there a way we can follow your progress? I don't know much about the competition.
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    I am so happy to discover this group. I've tried this on my own and it has not worked. I've been trying to figure out how to get friends and saw this wonderful group! I'm 5 feet even. I had wanted to lose 25 lbs and then had an unfortunate summer and put on another 20 lbs. So my goal is 40 to 50 lbs. I would so love to make some friends who are in same situation. Looking forward to getting to know you and adding some friends.

Welcome! I hope you'll find the support you'll need here. MFP is a lovely place for sure!
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Katie, and I am 21 years old, 5'3 and currently 152.3 lbs. Back when I was a skinny-minnie I was about 125 lbs (I definitely have a more muscular structure, so trust me, this was almost too skinny.) My goal is 135, which was what I felt to be my best weight.

I often complain of feeling like a gnome when I'm around tall, skinny girls, so I am looking forward to feeling petite again.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My Name is Mandy and I am 4' 11" and currently 146 my goal is to be at 108-110lbs. I am super excited to find a group that understands the small ones. I dont think people of average or tall height really understand the hand we were dealt. Having to explain to people I eat less food and have to work harder working out because I dont weigh that much, I just weigh too much for my height. I look forward to giving and receiving support from all of you!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Katie, and I am 21 years old, 5'3 and currently 152.3 lbs. Back when I was a skinny-minnie I was about 125 lbs (I definitely have a more muscular structure, so trust me, this was almost too skinny.) My goal is 135, which was what I felt to be my best weight.

I often complain of feeling like a gnome when I'm around tall, skinny girls, so I am looking forward to feeling petite again.

Hi there!
    I know the feeling about standing next to taller women. I think the fact that they are taller just bothers me alone lol. Hope you enjoy the group!
  • L2M1D52
    Options
    My Name is Mandy and I am 4' 11" and currently 146 my goal is to be at 108-110lbs. I am super excited to find a group that understands the small ones. I dont think people of average or tall height really understand the hand we were dealt. Having to explain to people I eat less food and have to work harder working out because I dont weigh that much, I just weigh too much for my height. I look forward to giving and receiving support from all of you!

Hi there!
    Yes, sometimes people don't understand that we need to eat less. Sometimes I have people question my portion sizes and I have to tell them; 1st of all this is a normal portion size and 2nd of all, I'm like a foot shorter than you. I'm not suppose to be eating like you unless I'm strength training and need to eat at a surplus. Hope you like the group!