3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    hello ladies!

ashley - that is so good that you're not feeling totally miserable. a woman i worked with started to feel miserable 4 weeks out and just could not stand to be at work...so thats a wonderful plus :smile: . let us know how the dr. apt goes!!

misti - how is it out there? we got some snow on saturday which put me in a little bit of a sour mood...but its not too bad now.

kristy - havent had any nauseousness this trimester...but my girlfriend did. never got sick...but just a sick feeling for a couple of weeks. hopefully it goes away soon!!!

kristin - sounds like you had a super productive saturday!!! nice job! i love the feeling of going through things and then donating them to goodwill!!

AFM: dinner with the hubs was so much fun on friday. we went to this fantastic german restaurant with great food and a really really fun atmosphere! we had a blast! then we woke up to lots of snowfall on saturday morning along with phone calls from a number of my friends saying they couldnt make it to my shower because of the roads. totally understandable because it wasnt lovely to drive in...but i have to say i was surprised at how many people showed up at the shower!!! a number of my family and friends...so it was a really great time! i did get bummed out in the morning because i just pictured nobody being there and i just stewed over the fact that it hasnt snowed at all here and the one day we have something big planned it decides to dump a bunch of snow on us! at the end of the day...it was a really great shower...everyone who came got there safe (and home as well)...so that is all that matters. and i was so appreciative of the people who did come realizing the circumstances.

we ended up getting so many wonderful things from the shower ... but i have to say that i had a complete meltdown yesterday. i was doing a couple loads of parkers laundry and when i brought it all upstairs to put it away i just got completely overwhelmed. overwhelmed about everything...just thinking 'oh my gosh...its almost here' and just got so emotional. have any of you ladies experienced this? so i had a good cry and kory was there talking me through it which was great. i just cant believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by and we're going to be parents soon. just the thought of that is so amazing and scary at the same time.

other than that...my pats are going to the superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited about that!!! hopefully we show the giants whats up this time!!

hope everyone is having a great day!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I had a good appointment and am so glad I got to get in today rather than waiting till Friday. I am now at "2 fingers" which I think is around 3ish cm so I am progressing! Which I can tell from all the pressure. She also said my cervix is shortened and she went ahead and scheduled me for another ultrasound to check fluids and size on Friday. Based on that will determine if we need to schedule induction or just keep waiting. So yipee!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- quick check in

Had a great weekend - very productive!! Sounds like everyone is doing great!! I'll try to check in later-
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Babyshower was great, got tons of clothes, and big items and some repeat items too (will exchange later). The tough part is taking it all back to Cali, will need the parents to take some gifts back that I won't use soon when they go.

Today is mom's birthday, we will be heading back to Vegas after we have lunch. I am so thankful and this little one is so blessed everyone had good wishes for my delivery. Love the family!:smooched:

Well hope everyone is doing good and i'll check in later.

~Brenda~ 34wks 6dys
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your concerns and kind words for my recent fall. I'm working on getting better. Yesterday it was really really bad, and trying to shift position once I'm down in the bed is impossible last night. I end up having hard time fell back to sleep for 2+ hours in the middle of the night. I'm deadly tired this morning and falling asleep behind the wheels --> NOT GOOD!

Was able to walk better today, so I managed to get in to office today. I talked to my manager to make sure it's ok with him if I work from home more often from now on (felt bad was home whole last week).

Managed finished 3 load of baby clothes laundry over the weekend (a little challenging but all done). Still need to work on pack the hospital bags.

I'm slowly switching my OB (in the same office, but a younger one who seems less pushy on getting baby out according to my friend). I managed to change my this Friday appointment with her instead.

Working out is still out of question right now. Just trying to be able to walk around in between sitting, so I don't get too stiff.

So glad everyone seems doing well here. I'm trying to keep up with reading all your posts.

D6B6m6.png
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning gals!

Had a good night last night! Got in a good strength/cardio workout! Tonights plan is some yoga!

Sorry...quick check in. I have lots of work! Hope you are all well!

Kristin--28 weeks 6 days
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning ladies, quick check in.

I'm sick again. :sick: Blah....

Hubby and I went to target last night to pick up some cold medication and we stopped to look at maternity nursing bra's. Needless to say I tried them ALL on and none of them fit. Either to tight, so small, not enough support - Did find one target brand cami nursing bra that I actually loved. Figured since I'll be home for 8 weeks, I'd pick up a few to wear around the house. Even tried it one handed and presto! :smile:

PS the cami I ended up bying was a Gilligan & OMalley® Womens Nursing Cami - Grey with buttons down the front. It felt roomy up top for when I grow another size and still comfy & decent to wear around the house. The others were to tight on me.

So if you haven't purchased any, be sure to try them on before you purchase any. Got my soothies in teh mail yesterday too! :happy:
  • jchecca
    Options
    morning momma's!!

looks like today is 'quick check in day'

denise - nice work on the nursing cami's...i saw those at target and was thinking about getting some as well! hope you feel better soon!

brenda - so great you got lots of good things at your shower!! glad it went well

atomdraco - feel better soon...you'll need all the sleep you can get sister!!

kristin - nice work on working out!!!

AFM: hopefully getting some thank you cards done today...i want to get those out by this weekend...that would be awesome! and i am planning on heading to target at lunch time and returning a couple 'doubles' i got at the shower and picking up our bottle sterilizer which i am so excited about! we got a gift card to target...so it will be awesome to put towards that item!! and tonight i want to finish up parkers laundry and get all that put away and organized. i feel like i have been slacking on working out but on the other hand have been crossing so many things off the to do list! last night we went to REI and picked up our BOB stroller which i am in LOVE with!!!! its going to be fantastic for running (which i can not wait to get back into)! we got home and put the car seat adapter on and it looks great with the infant car seat :happy: so we're super with that purchase!!

hope everyone has a great day! its in the 50's here which is so wild!!! honestly this has to be one of the craziest winters weather wise here!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey chicks. I'll be quick too although I am at home today. I started having what seemed like contractions to me around 3:30pm yesterday and started timing them at 4. They were regular, but not getting longer and closer but lasted until I finally fell asleep at 11:30. They woke me again at 2:30 and have been pretty consistent since. When I say consistent though they are between 7-20 minutes apart and around 30-60 seconds. I opted to stay home and called the dr. and they say it is prodromal labor that is sort of like a pre-labor. The nurse told me I could have the baby tonight or I could have this for days. Once my contractions get between 5 and 7 minutes for 60-90 minutes, I can go to the hospital. So I'm going to take it easy and hope for the best! I can't imagine dealing with this for days; it's not the mot comfortable thing ever. So let's hope for more contractions! Hope you all have a good day. I'll try to keep updated.

-Ashley
    39w, 6d
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hey chicks. I'll be quick too although I am at home today. I started having what seemed like contractions to me around 3:30pm yesterday and started timing them at 4. They were regular, but not getting longer and closer but lasted until I finally fell asleep at 11:30. They woke me again at 2:30 and have been pretty consistent since. When I say consistent though they are between 7-20 minutes apart and around 30-60 seconds. I opted to stay home and called the dr. and they say it is prodromal labor that is sort of like a pre-labor. The nurse told me I could have the baby tonight or I could have this for days. Once my contractions get between 5 and 7 minutes for 60-90 minutes, I can go to the hospital. So I'm going to take it easy and hope for the best! I can't imagine dealing with this for days; it's not the mot comfortable thing ever. So let's hope for more contractions! Hope you all have a good day. I'll try to keep updated.

-Ashley
    39w, 6d

Hope baby is coming today! Best wishes for you and the baby, hope everything goes smoothly!
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Woohoo Ashley!!! Hopefully she'll make her debut soon! :) So excited to hear the news!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options

-Ashley
    39w, 6d

Woo Hoo Ashley, sounds like this baby is letting you know that it is just about time!! I'll keep you in my prayers and you just try to relax and go with it. Like you said, I can't imagine that your comfortable at all but it'll be all over soon!! Keep us posted!!
    :happy:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Yay Ashley!!!! Come on baby!!!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Hi mommies.

Yay Ashley!! Good thoughts for you!

Jessica- glad to hear you also had an awesome babyshower.

Denise- Oh no, hope you feel better, is it a cold again doesn;t want to let you go huh?

Hope everyone else is ok.

~Brenda~ 35 weeks today!!
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo Ashley - I hope baby comes today!!! I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear!!!!

Sorry for being MIA lately. Doctor appt. yesterday was good. Things are progressing, 40%effaced dialated to 2, baby is head down and sideways,(feet going to my right side) doctor said she may finish turning when real contractions start up. I hope so!!! Doctor said could be any day and I hope she's right. Only slept about 7 hours in 3 days so I took yesterday off, tried to get some sleep which I didn't. Doctor gave be a sleeping pill, which I only took a quarter of the dose and it helped, I actually slept 7 hours last night!!! It was amaizing!!! Been having a few contractions this morning, that started about an hour ago, but they are just quick lil' ones that don't really hurt!!!

Looking back at my history while pregnant w/ my son, it looks like I may be induced next week if my BP don't go down. REALLY hoping the sleep will help and it will go down. Supposed to call doc in a couple days if my headache don't go away, hasn't yet, but maybe after some sleep again tonight. Only gained 1 ,more pound, so 21lbs total, and she's estimating baby close to 7lbs right now, so well see how close she is.

Jessica - Glad you had a good shower. The whole realization process is a lot to grasp, but try not to be so overwhelmed everything will be great!!! Snow from last week has melted a lot but not all of it and it's supposed to snow again starting tonight, ugh, so not looking forward to it!!! The roads SUCK, super icy and it's been very foggy!!! Not good weather to drive in, that's for sure.

Hope everyone else is GREAT, better get back to work, so much to do all of a sudden and I have lil' feeling this will be my last week at work.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Still waiting for closer contractions but so far they're not letting up so that's at least consistent.
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Hey ladies!

Wow...we may have two babies here soon! YAY!

Misti...good job on only 21 pounds!! I only wish I could say the same for me...I am up 30 pounds already and still have 2 months to go! Hope your headache goes away and BP goes down! Good thoughts your way!

A bit more work then heading home...SO tired today for some reason! Glad it's a yoga night!!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ashley! So exciting that your LO will be here soon, you'll be in my thoughts and I'm hoping those contractions get closer together for you really soon! hang in there! So excited for you.

AFM - whew it's been a busy busy weekend/week for me - sorry I've been MIA just can't believe how the days are filling up and flying by. Saturday was a whirlwind...we went to the Kia dealership at 8:30am and ended up making a deal by 11am on a new 2012 Kia Sportage LX AWD. We traded in the mini and everything worked out great. I absolutely LOVE the vehicle - we also got a free car starter and they through in free oil changes for life! So that's ALWAYS good. Then I went straight from there to my friends baby shower and it was really nice - got home around 3:00 and then had a nap and went to church that evening...whew, Sunday was the day my hubby and I were going to clean the house top to bottom but I got up from sitting down and my hips/lower back was KILLING me especially on my right side :( I kept getting super sharp stabbing pains right in my SI joint and I literally couldn't walk and barely stand up straight it totally sucked. SO I went and had a bath and then laid down. Jay was amazing and he cleaned the whole house <3 huge gold star for him! Then his parents came over with dinner! His mom roasted us 2 chickens, made coleslaw, quinoa salad, roasted root veggies and cut up apples and cheese! She wanted to do a practice run for when the baby comes lol how sweet??? So that was really nice! Monday was super busy too...I woke up went straight to a chiro appt to try to help my back then went to meet my sister for lunch then went to planet organic to get some calendula oil and other natural remedy type items for post partum, then to wal-mart to pick up some items for my hospital bag. Then ran home let the dog out and Jay came home and we went straight to go pick up the Kia and trade in the mini. We were there from 4-6 (took way longer than I thought!) Then came straight home and got ready for my 2 pregnant friends to come over for the skype breastfeeding class (take 2! lol)

WHEW - so ya literally a whirlwind! The breastfeeding class was AWESOME, we have another one on Monday next week so that will be good and I'm going to a Le Leche league meeting on thursday night to check that out.

I'm hoping to just relax tonight I was running around again today, running errands and getting the Kia registered/insured etc.
    I'm pretty tired! My hips/back SI joint is still really bugging me and it's hard to walk so I really haven't worked out at ALL this week :( but good news Mason has totally dropped, he's way lower than he was before so I can breath easier and eat more ;) but I think it's the reason my SI joints are giving me so much trouble - but that's ok! At least things are moving forward the way the are supposed to! YAY...February 20th is getting closer and closer! I have been having some pain in my cervix area and have been feeling more pressure in my pelvis - I think that might also have something to do with Mason moving down

Anyway sorry for going on but that's what's new with me! Even though I'm pretty uncomfortable and am having some obvious physical problems lol I am actually in pretty high spirits and feel really happy - I'm just getting excited and am enjoying preparing for Mason's arrival

Hope everyone is having a great week

Rayna
    36 weeks 1 day
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Good morning!

Ashley...SO? Are you still hanging in there or is baby here???!!!

Rayna...Yay for the car!!! And I'm so sorry about your SI joint pain! Hope you can get that manageable! And way to go hubby for house cleaning! Let's hope today is relaxing for you as you planned!

All my other ladies...HELLO!!

AFM: Got in a good yoga workout last night! Feeling good today! Tonight's plan is strength/cardio! My poor Kadence has to go to the doctor today...pretty sure she has a UTI! But she's such a trooper! I hope he can get her on some antibiotics to clear it up quickly!

Well...need to get started on some work! Have a fabulous day!

Kristin--29 weeks!
  • jchecca
    Options
    morning ladies and a BIG CONGRATS to Ashley and baby Daphne!!! So happy for you and your family :happy: i can not wait to hear about her birth story and how everything went!!!

misti - hope you feel better and better and get some good sleep in!!! your in my thoughts girl!

rayna - congrats on the new car!!!! looks very nice!! and that is a super sweet deal on the free oil changes for life!!!!

AFM: finished up parkers laundry last night and got it all organized and put away! i got these closet dividers that divide up his clothes by age and i LOVE them!!! i just hung up the outfits and put the onesies and pj type clothes in the dresser..so things are definitely coming together!!! i got a little carried away in his room last night so i didnt end up getting into bed until 11:45 and then could not fall asleep for the life of me! i think i ended up falling asleep around 1ish. and then got woken up by the worst charlie horse ever!!! :sad: it was so painful and my husband felt so bad because there really is nothing you can do except wait it out. its funny because i bet it lasts all of 30 seconds...but oh my gosh is it painful!

tonight we are planning to get the crib mattress. my grandmother sent us a card with money in it that we can put towards it...so we are super grateful for that!!!

hope everyone has an awesome day!!

jessica - 36 weeks TODAY!!