3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!!

Congratulations Ashley - can't wait to hear your birth story! I was so excited to read your status about Daphne's arrival!

AFM....wow where to begin...well last night my husband and I were actually productive and got our hospital bag all packed with everything for me, Mason and him :) it feels really good to get that done...there were just a few extra's that I had to pick up today.
    We went to bed around 11 last night and my SI joints were still really bad, I'm wondering if Mason is sitting posterior because I've heard that can cause really bad back pain etc...hmmmm anyway just a thought. I had one braxton hicks contactraction last night and another one when I was driving this afternoon. As for sleep last night it was awful :( My poor husband woke me up quite a few times because he said that I was stopping breathing....I wasn't snoring but I would breath in and he would here like a click and then I wouldn't breath for a bit and then would start breathing again...so I'm not too sure what's up with that! Kinda freaky, so I didn't get much sleep and neither did he. But I did end up falling back asleep at 8am until 10:30 so that was nice. Then I woke up and had a hot bath and headed out to the Kia Dealership to drop off my registration and finalize a few things. (which took a LOT longer than I thought...urgh) then I picked up lunch for my hubby and stopped to see him. Then I went to Babies R Us to get some of the final things for our hospital bag etc - I got 2 nursing bras, 2 nursing tanks, and a nursing nightie, I also got these breast pads that you can either heat in the microwave or make cold in the freezer to help with breastfeeding pains, I got another nursing pillow (it was on sale) and a seat protector to put the car seat on in the Kia it's supposed to help save your seats! Then I stopped at Zellers to get some granny panties, tooth paste, contact lens solution, another nightie, a robe and some other toiletries type stuff like tooth paste etc...then to London Drugs to get breathe right strips, sugar free candy and Emergen-C powder which is this electrolyte, antioxidant, drink mix stuff that is supposed to be really good to have during labour - my instructor from the natural birth courses told me about it.
    ANYWAY...whew! So I am all set now and thankfully at home. I was having such a hard time hobbling around those stores! My SI joint is really bad :( but I'm just glad to have all this stuff squared away and not have to worry about it anymore.

I have my Dr appointment tomorrow and I'm going to try to have my birth preferences/plan all done up to give my Dr - hopefully I can get it finished tonight.

Anyway - I'm hoping to just kick back and really relax this next little while...I don't know why but I just have some sort of feeling that Mason might come sooner than what we think...I could be totally wrong though...
    Only thing I'm a little anxious about is that my mom will be in Hawaii until February 18 and my due date is the 20th...little stressed about that! Not going to lie :p

Loving the new ride, honestly I'm just so relieved and happy that this is another thing that is crossed off the check list! The Kia is SO amazing though, I absolutely love driving it!

Enough babbling from me ;)

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Rayna
    36 weeks 3 days

Wow...so amazed at how much you are getting done...how awesome.

I had no idea you could take Emergen-C while pregnant...although no one told me I couldn't but i just guessed...I am so going to get some expecially if it helps during labor...I wonder how...I am going to have to google it...thanks for sharing
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...

ok so I had my Dr's appointment today and I told him that I have been having some pain in my cervix for about a week and thought I have been having some Braxton hicks contractions...he said that he should probably check me just to be sure what was going on...after he checked me he said, "looks like this baby is coming early!" I said WHAT? lol he said that I am effacing and that my cervix has started to dilate - he also said that Mason's head is really low and pressing on the cervix - WHAT? I was not at all prepared for that! I'm not going to get too excited though because I've heard that people can stay that way for weeks - but how crazy? So he gave me all my hospital paperwork and said to put it in my hospital bag. Also I tested negative for strep b :)
    My blood pressure is still really good as well so that's good. I've gained a total of 52 lbs which I am not super happy about but I'll just have to work extra hard once the baby comes to get off all this extra weight...not much I can do at this point.

Anyway - since he checked me my cervix has been hurting and I have had another contraction (nothing too painful yet) so we'll see what the next couple weeks bring?? My due date is Feb 20th but we'll see what happens!

Holy crap! lol

holy cow!! Early baby indeed!!

Okay how do you know that its cervix pain vs a ligament pain or a groin pain???

Well the cervix pain that I have is really centralized - it's like I literally couldn't mistake it for any other part of my body - it's literally like pain/pressure up inside my vagina if that makes sense?

Rayna
    36 weeks 4 days
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey Mamas. I'll write more later but just wanted to say everyone is doing fine. I had a really long labor that ended with C-section but that means Daphne has a cute little perfect heat. :smile: She's being really good - sleeps a lot and is eating well too. I'll give the whole story later on. I think I'm going to nap for a bit. We're at the hospital till Saturday. My parents come that day as well. But so far so good! Talk to you all soon. Hope you're all doing well!

-Ashley
    Done!
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Ashley!

Congratulations...good to know you and the little one are doing well!

Get as much rest as you can!!!!!!!!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies...

ok so I had my Dr's appointment today and I told him that I have been having some pain in my cervix for about a week and thought I have been having some Braxton hicks contractions...he said that he should probably check me just to be sure what was going on...after he checked me he said, "looks like this baby is coming early!" I said WHAT? lol he said that I am effacing and that my cervix has started to dilate - he also said that Mason's head is really low and pressing on the cervix - WHAT? I was not at all prepared for that! I'm not going to get too excited though because I've heard that people can stay that way for weeks - but how crazy? So he gave me all my hospital paperwork and said to put it in my hospital bag. Also I tested negative for strep b :)
    My blood pressure is still really good as well so that's good. I've gained a total of 52 lbs which I am not super happy about but I'll just have to work extra hard once the baby comes to get off all this extra weight...not much I can do at this point.

Anyway - since he checked me my cervix has been hurting and I have had another contraction (nothing too painful yet) so we'll see what the next couple weeks bring?? My due date is Feb 20th but we'll see what happens!

Holy crap! lol

Right, "effacing and dilate" can start this early and it can be WEEKS. For my first kid, I was effacing and dilated in a pretty good point for weeks, then it stays that way for a long while. Not sure why your doctor think it has to be early labor.

BH is normal, and should be happening. I've had it since 2nd trimester. As long as not painful (real contraction), your body just preparing. It's not labor.

But be prepare is always good!

I'm still curious about whether your due date has changed or not. I thought it was Feb 23rd... Or did it changed 4ish days earlier?

-Hattie
    D6B6m6.png
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Ashley - So glad you are both doing well. Hope you get as much rest as possible while in the hospital.

Rayna - YAY! Even though being dialted and a thinned out cervix don't always mean early delivery. I was 60% effaced and dialated to a 1 for 4-5 weeks with my son. Everyone is different though. I hope he waits til 37 weeks at least, his little lungs need more time. :) Good Luck w/ things and keep us updated!!!! It's so awesome your getting so much stuff done and taken care of.
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ashley, lovin the profile pic!! Can't wait to hear the birth story!! Get some rest and come back to us when you get a chance!!

Dr's apt was interesting? Well interesting for me because this is my first so I'm still learning LOTS!! Baby is doing fine. Weighs approx 5 lbs 6oz. His little head measures that of a 39 wk old baby- yeap again thats daddy's head. He has a head FULL of hair, again all daddy....and his little bones are growing on target and the fluid still looks great!! So I was happy to say the least. More 3D pics for both grandma's-to-be.

AFM, I gained 10 lbs in one week. :explode: The doctor could not believe it. I weight with 3 different nurses at 3 different times and they all confirmed the same weight increase. Weird, because last week I was down 4 lbs. Anyways, my sugars are right on target but according to some test I show to be dehydrated even though I keep bottle water in my hand at all times. Apparently the tests also show that I have Ketone + 4. Which apparently is something that diabetic women don't want. It means that I'm burning fat, which we don't want. SOOOOOo...he called my dietician and they are upping my calories. They are upping my water intake to a gallon a day. PERIOD. No questions asked. DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200....and I'm now doing these home ketone exams?? My next apt is on Monday. He said if my ketone doesn't improve by then he's putting me on meds for GD. Which is apparently playing havoc with my body and causing all these problems.

He told me not to worry. My diet is great, it's just not enough substanance for my body....which I told him I dodn't get because I'm not hungry! But ok, I have to eat more....so eat more it is!!

I'm a little baffled- still trying to understand everything :embarassed:
  • Raynamama
    Options
    Yeah I'm aware that this could last for weeks - but my Dr for some reason said he really thinks this baby is coming earlier than my due date...we'll see I guess - I'm fine either way - I will be 37 weeks on Monday so I just hope he waits at least until then ;)
    My cervix pain has lasted all day today but otherwise I'm feeling fine :)

Nice to know that things are getting started though, hopefully they don't stall out entirely as I know that can happen as well - I just really want things to progress naturally and really want to avoid any sort of induction or augmentation etc...so here's hoping!

In other news I have a spa date with my sister Saturday! We're getting pedicures and facials....so excited about it!

Hattie - my due date did change just by a couple days, it was the 23rd but now it's the 20th...who knows really lol

Hope you all have a great night!

Rayna
    36 weeks 4 days
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Wow~ I am so behind today, the net fell off communication at work. Booo!

Rayna- wow, excited for you, Mason might come early. Hope you can get some rest. Luv the pix!!

Misti-Good thoughts for you!!

Ashley-Glad to hear both of you are doing ok. Congrats!!

Denise-Sorry to hear your body is playing around and you have done good on your diet. If you have to eat, eat it up girlie.

AFM: Weather was nice so we wlked the doggies for 15 mins.

Doctor's appt tomorrow so I'll post afterwards.

~Brenda~35weeks 2dys
  • batgirlrox
    Options
    Hey Mamas. I'll write more later but just wanted to say everyone is doing fine. I had a really long labor that ended with C-section but that means Daphne has a cute little perfect heat. :smile: She's being really good - sleeps a lot and is eating well too. I'll give the whole story later on. I think I'm going to nap for a bit. We're at the hospital till Saturday. My parents come that day as well. But so far so good! Talk to you all soon. Hope you're all doing well!

-Ashley
    Done!
    Congratulations!! I'm glad everyone is healthy and happy!
    Amanda
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    morning ladies!!!

kristin – hope everyone starts feeling better!!!

denise – isn’t it wild when they have their little growth spurts!!! soon we’ll be watching that on the outside!!! hang in there…that’s awesome you are still truckin it at work!! and I hear ya about being a little baffled with everything…especially for us first time moms. sounds like you have a great dr. who is keeping a good eye on everything!!

rayna – that is so wild!!!! your little guy will be here before you know it! keep us posted for sure! that is super exciting!!! PS…I am right there with you on the weight gain…I gained a lot more than I would have liked (at this point I am up 46lbs) but what you said is so right…just work extra hard to get it off after baby!!

ashley – so happy for you!!!!! love love the picture and cant wait to hear more!!! take care of yourself and that precious baby girl!!!

AFM: we had our hospital tour last night - SO beneficial!!! i am so glad we went...it was literally like a walk through of what to expect (well not labor wise...hospital wise :wink: ) and it answered so many of our questions which was super helpful!
    so today after work i have my expectant mother massage that my mom got me as part of my shower gift...i am so looking forward to that!!! it will be so nice to just get all the kinks out at this point!!! then its off to the grocery to pick up things for the hubby's party tomorrow! we're having a whole slew of people over to celebrate kory's birthday...so the plan for tonight is to get everything prepped and ready to go so that tomorrow wont be too hectic!! then on sunday we're headed to this boat show in hartford...kory's been dying to go...they put it on every year...so we decided to check it out!!! definitely looking forward to this weekend...should be a lot of fun!!! next appointment is next friday!!

hope everyone has a great day!! TGIF!!!

jessica - 36 weeks 2 days
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies. I posted my birth story under the bith story topic in the group so you can read about it there! We are all doing good. Daphne sleeps a lot and I am healing pretty well. We've taken full advantage of the nursery so we can sleep for at least 3 hour blocks during the night. The hospital staff has been amazing and at our beck and call. But we'll be going to real life tomorrow when we all go home. I'm pretty excited.

I read up but won't respond to everyone. Sounds like several babies are close! I hope you all are feeling well. I'll still be lurking and keeping up with you all!

-Ashley
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Morning ladies!!

Sleeping has improved, thank you to all the suggestions on teh extra pillows. I have now officially kicked hubby out of our bed to make room for the extra pillows and we are both getting a GREAT night sleep!! :laugh:

doing much better today after my doctors apt yesterday. Will sit down tonight and plan my meals/snacks for the week and I'll be sure to call my Dietician before I go to the store. Not sure how much we're upping my food intake but hey whatever we need to do!

Funny reading everyones post, seems like we're suppose to be relaxing the last month before and I think we're all twice as busy!? Amazing how much little stuff there is to do!

My SIL & her 3 kids are staying with us this weekend since her hubby is traveling for work. this should be interesting as she has a 1 yr old....wondering if my body will have any reaction to his crying??

On another side note and completely unrelated, I'd like to share that we are officially CC free!! All CC have now been paid in full!! ALL of them!! We are having a "CC cutting ceremony" tonight and keeping 1 for emergencies. From here on out it's going to be save, save, save, save...I know it'll be a bit challenging with a LO but I know we can do it!!

Anyone else accomplish any set goals before their LO arrives?:happy:
  • Raynamama
    Options
    Denise - that is so awesome about the CC's!! :) My husband and I just recently got both our balances back down to ZERO!! It feels SO good especially since the baby is coming so soon! YAY

Jessica - I really want to do a hospital tour! That would be awesome, we have to go do that...our hospital doesn't officially do them anymore - they just have a "virtual tour" on their website...but I called like a month ago or so and they said that we could just come anytime and if they have time they will show us around...better than nothing I guess lol

AFM - last night the pain in my cervix continued and I think I figured out that those are actually contractions lol...we went to bed around 11:00 and I kept having contractions until about 12:30 and then I was finally able to fall asleep because they stopped. I woke up at 1:30am to pee and then had a really hard time getting to sleep again but no more contractions. I woke up again at 4 am to pee again lol and then again at 7 still nothing else...now that I'm sitting here on the couch typing and drinking my tea I'm starting to get them again...they are completely random it seems and no real pattern so I'm thinking that they are just BH - but I'll continue to monitor and see how it goes...again I know this could go on for weeks but just thought I'd share what I've been going through so far...the contractions are definitely uncomfortable but I can still go about my daily activities so I know we're not there yet :tongue:
    I don't have ANY plans today...so weird since it's been SUCH a busy week but kind of nice, I'm trying to relax but I'm feeling really restless and like I want to go and do something so we'll see how long I last at home :blushing:

Happy Friday all!:bigsmile:

Rayna
    36 weeks 5 days
  • Raynamama
    Options
    Just wanted to share some of our pics from the shoot - we got our CD with all the pics yesterday!

IMG_1970small2.jpg

IMG_1981small2.jpg

IMG_1988small2.jpg

IMG_1944small2.jpg

IMG_1920small2.jpg

IMG_1768small2.jpg

IMG_2168BWsmall2.jpg

IMG_2055small2.jpg

IMG_2097small2.jpg

Sorry there are so many! LOL had to include my cute puppy at the end! She is going to be a big sister lol!
    Hope these work!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Rayna,

Istn' it the best feeling in the world...not to have to worry about that extra pymt?
    Now we jsut have to worry about the daycare cost at the end of each week :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Love all the pictures! Although summer/spring pictures are awesome I have to say that I'm loving hte winter pictures! I think because we don't see them that often it makes them that much more unique!!

Your photographer did an awesome job!
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Just wanted to share some of our pics from the shoot - we got our CD with all the pics yesterday!

Sorry there are so many! LOL had to include my cute puppy at the end! She is going to be a big sister lol!
    Hope these work!

what an awesome photographer!!! i love the one with the gold frame in the forefront and you two in the back...so creative!!!!
  • paulandrea
    paulandrea Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies
    Sorry for being MIA lately. i just too busy traying to get everything done before my little one is here.
    my Baby Shower was awesome, we have a lot of great things and tons of clothes ( that i start washing and putting by sizes in the draw).
    she is very active and she literally kicks me out. I can not wait to hold her in my arms <3
    as my due date approaches I feel more tired and no energy to exercise. I just want to sleep plus I have a cold that has me worried, I do not want to go to labor with the flu :( I have still a few weeks so I'll just going to take care of me and try to rest.

I'm glad you all are well and very soon we will met our babies. have a wonderful weekend ladies xoxo
  • atomdraco
    Options
    Just a quick update:

Had an appointment this afternoon. Measurement is still 34 cm, baby heart beat 148, went 159 when moving. 1 centimeter, 50%, forgot to ask about station.

They gave baby a 20 min stress test (due to over age 35), all went very well, which doctor describe it as "textbook perfect". My future appointments will become once a week now.

Started from yesterday, I've got some rashes on back of my hands/feet. A little on the arms too. Itchy, not fun. Anyone else got those?

YoXkm6.png
  • atomdraco
    Options
    Article to read "Signs of Labor". This is what you are looking for -> "One SURE Sign Labor is Really Happening".

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/labornbirth/signsoflabor.html