3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Well Denise...at least no leap year baby...that's good! Hope you get the water all figured out...how frustrating!

yeah this whole water/sugar things is a pain in the rear but hey, at least I can work through it!!

I'm pretty excited about March 1st. I know it's not a firm date, but at least I know it's not March 12th either :laugh:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    My hubby still want a Feb 29th baby, even if officially we need to pick a different date. It's just fun. :-)
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Wow...we had such a nice day yesteday! Like 65 degrees out! I got in a nice long walk with Kadence, then grilled some burgers and had some playtime outside!! Makes me so ready for Spring!!

Hope you are all having a lovely morning!

Kristin--29 weeks 6 days
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    Ladies,

I hit my first Pregnant milestone yesterday! I locked myself out of the house in the back yard with Neena. No cell phone. No exterior lights on. Just us two in the dark :explode:

Thankfully we have an extra set of keys to the front of the house hidden - that I was able to get to, BUT we also have a lock on the patio fence door- locked from the outside!!

Although I did play iwth the idea of climbing the fence, and was able to get my leg half way up the fence, the idea of husband never forgiving me if something happened to me or the baby was more than I could bare :sad:

thankfully, I was able to squeeze my wrist through the fence and play with the combo lock long enough to get it open!!

When my hubby got home I told him I was making my first "demand" as a wife and that was for him to either replace the back door lock & make extra keys or I promised that next time that this happened I was just going to throw a brick through the back door. The choice was his. He took one look at me and said he'd change the locks on Friday! :laugh:

Happy Tuesday guys!
    Denise
    34 wks
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my husband is totally prepared for such milestones coz i was always like this
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Haha!!! Glad he knows to make you happy Denise! :) Smart man!
  • DeniseGdz
    Options
    hey wanted to let you ladies know that Target is having a sale on maternity bras the O'Brian brand? They are $15 each. I purchased this brand nursing tanks last week and they were SOOOooo comfy!! Even did the 1 arm test and they passed!

So I'm going to run over at lunch and see if I can find some goodies! Good Luck!
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Denise - that does sound really frustrating about the water intake etc...hopefully you find a balance that works for you soon! That's so crazy too about you being locked out! lol I could totally see myself in the same situation.

AFM - my husband is feeling much better and I haven't had any flu symptoms so I'm really hoping I'm in the clear as well (knock on wood) My energy levels are pretty low lately but I'm thinking it's because of my sleep patterns? I dunno I just feel like laying down all the time! Insomnia has been striking pretty bad as well as heartburn but I'm just trying to take it in stride and have naps when I can. But it's funny I still have a lot of things to do around the house but seriously I just feel I don't have the energy lately.

The pressure in my cervix is still happening on and off so I'm sure that's good and things are getting going in their own way down there ;) lol I have another Dr appt this Thursday so I'm sure I'll be checked again and we'll see if anything has happened. Really no more BH or anything else. So who knows, maybe I will make it to Feb 20th after all?

I'd like to get another massage I think this week, why not might as well! ;)

Hope you are all having a great week so far

Rayna
    37 weeks 2 days
  • jchecca
    jchecca Posts: 131
    Options
    Hola momma’s!!

Kristy – how wild about your friend…sending thoughts her way and hoping that everything works out for a healthy momma and baby! DC is great…and that’s awesome you got to see the changing of the gaurds…what an awesome experience!

Brenda – happy 36 weeks!!!

Kristin – I am totally having those feelings…like I am so excited for him to come but keep thinking ‘oh my gosh, things will change so much’ in a good way though!!! Its just wild how close we all are at this point!!!

Denise – March 1st – that is awesome!! And good news on the locks :wink:

Rayna - I have been super tired lately too...like I could nap all the time

AFM: its a nice day out here in CT today...so I am planning a walk with the puppies after work. Then its off to my parents house...they're doing a birthday dinner for hubby (hes 32 today!!)...so I am totally looking forward to going over there and relaxing with them. Other than that...not a whole lot else!! Tomorrow is 37 weeks which will put me officially at full term and then I have a dr. apt on friday...so we'll see if anything has started to change!!!

OH quick question...we installed the car seat base last night and it was super tight in the back (like where you buckle it into the latch system)...but you could move it from side to side in the front and lift it up a bit in the front as well...is this normal? i was getting a little nervous about that??

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

jessica - 36 weeks 6 days
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Denise - That sounds crazy and things don't sound like they are going well for you right now. Glad you got back in your house and hopefully you will find a balance that works for you and baby really soon. Good Luck!!!

Rayna - Glad you haven't gotten the flu!!!! I had it a few weeks ago....so not fun!!!!

Kristy - Seems like things are going well for you. Awesome job on all the walking and exercise. It does seem to get a little harder at this point, but probably the most important time for some sort of activity! Good Job!

Jessica - I'm totally with you on the sweats...we had a card party a few weeks ago, OMG! I was totally uncomfortable and ended up putting on sweats while everyone was there, couldn't deal with it anymore. My huge belly makes me unfcomfortable enough, jeans just don't really go anymore. LOL

Elce - Sounds like you and I are going through a lot of the same thing right now. Good Luck, I know how you feel. Wonder who's next?

Brenda - Hope things are well for you!! Glad you had a day off to do some things you wanted to.

AFM: Had a doctor appt. yesterday!! Yes made it another week. I can NOT believe I haven't went into labor yet. All these contractions and cramps are doing a good job though. Dialated to a 3, 80% effaced, but baby being in her sideways position is keeping her head from engaging like it needs to. I wish I knew of a way to make her drop, but all I can do is keep working out, walking and WAITING!!! Gained 1.5 lbs in a week!!!! I think some of it's water, I've been swollen lately, so now I'm at 22.5lbs so far. Doctor said baby is just under 7lbs. That's her guess, and I was thinking about 7. :) (just my guess), figure she will be a little smaller than my son, because she's a girl. LOL. Really hope I go into labor this weekend, my doctor is on call and will be able to deliver, so I'm crossing my fingers. It is amaizing how different this pregnancy is from my first. Overall I'm a lot healthier this time, gained less weight, made it past 37 wks and dialating!! Yay. It took me 13.5 hours to dialate from a 1-2 w/ my son, so being at a 3 is exciting, and I hope that means a lot shorter labor for me. I really need to have this baby! Bending over is almost impossible, my medium pants are too small, large too big, and so far no stretch marks this time!! She needs to come out!!!

Hope you all have a great day!
  • jchecca
    Options

AFM: Had a doctor appt. yesterday!! Yes made it another week. I can NOT believe I haven't went into labor yet. All these contractions and cramps are doing a good job though. Dialated to a 3, 80% effaced, but baby being in her sideways position is keeping her head from engaging like it needs to. I wish I knew of a way to make her drop, but all I can do is keep working out, walking and WAITING!!! Gained 1.5 lbs in a week!!!! I think some of it's water, I've been swollen lately, so now I'm at 22.5lbs so far. Doctor said baby is just under 7lbs. That's her guess, and I was thinking about 7. :) (just my guess), figure she will be a little smaller than my son, because she's a girl. LOL. Really hope I go into labor this weekend, my doctor is on call and will be able to deliver, so I'm crossing my fingers. It is amaizing how different this pregnancy is from my first. Overall I'm a lot healthier this time, gained less weight, made it past 37 wks and dialating!! Yay. It took me 13.5 hours to dialate from a 1-2 w/ my son, so being at a 3 is exciting, and I hope that means a lot shorter labor for me. I really need to have this baby! Bending over is almost impossible, my medium pants are too small, large too big, and so far no stretch marks this time!! She needs to come out!!!

keep us posted...that is so exciting!! it always amazes me how you can be 1, 2 even 3 cm dilated and not have the labor fairy knocking at your door!!! hopefully she is right around the corner!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Jessica...with the car seat base, have your husband kneel on the base (with all his weight on it) and then pull it tight. That's what we had to do. But a little bit of side to side movement is normal. And if you're worried, you can always check with your police station...most of them do car seat installs and could check for you. Also Babies R Us usually does if you have one around you. Good luck!

Misti...Hoping baby comes soon!! Hang in there!

Rayna...Glad your hubby is feeling better...and hoping you're in the clear! And a massage sounds wonderful!!

Denise...thanks for sharing about the bras! I may have to go check them out...would like to add a few more to my collection!
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Misti- Glad to hear Aspyn is getting close to arrive. How exciting! :wink:

Jessica- Good question on the car seat base, we haven't installed it yet. Enjoy the hubby's bday dinner, sounds fun. Thanks, we are all just a week difference on the board, it seems like.

Rayna- Massage idea sounds great, can never get enough of those. Nice to hear your hubby is getting better. Allergy season is also around the corner my hubby gets so sick from the pollen every year.

Kristin: thanks for the car seat tip. I will keep that in mind for when we install ours. Also, good to hear Kadence is feeling better.

Did any of you see the woman in Ohio that give birth to a 13 lb baby yesterday online? Well apparently it's her 2nd baby and the first weighed 12lbs where she has had both by natural birth. WHOA!! :noway:

AFM: Yesterday, i spent the day with left pain, or contractions, they kept coming and going and it's primarily on my left. I was finally able to sleep but woke up with a headache and i feel like i really didn't sleep well. :yawn:

I have my Dr's appt on thursday and we get an ultrasound. Baby hasn't been as active as yesterday, but she squirms once in a while.

I wish I could just take off work already, i am not in work mode anymore, but i want all the time i can have to be with the baby.

I am 36 weeks today, Yay!!! We are almost there ladies, our babies will be with us soon. TG!:heart:
  • jchecca
    Options
    Brenda – hopefully you’re feeling a lot better and the pain has gone away! And I am right there with you on wanting to take off work…I wish I could just be home preparing…but it’s definitely more important for me to have the time at the end with Parker :happy: like you said!

Kristin – big thanks for the tip on the car seat. I think we had it…but you can NEVER be too sure!!! We’re going to give it another go and then take it to be inspected :wink:

AFM: We had a nice birthday dinner for the hubs last night at my parents...brought the puppies over and just relaxed...it was perfect. But by the time we got home I was so uncomfortable...just felt like any and all the food I ate was up in my throat and I was so swollen! I know that at this point I am just retaining water...but I am telling you...its driving me insane!!! I can not stand the feeling of being so swollen!!!

And I know we have zero control of when our babies come...but I have been secretly praying that he comes in the next couple weeks. I hit full term today (37 weeks...YAY!!!) and am just ready to go. So here's hoping!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day...its supposed to be another day in the 50's today...Ill take that!!!

jessica - 37 weeks today!!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Well...another day. I have a doctors appointment this afternoon...and then going every other week! My kitties got declawed on Monday (something I never wanted to do but they are destroying our furniture) and they get to come home tonight so I spent all evening yesterday cleaning out the laundry room so that it's nice for them when they come home. My one kitty is doing wonderfully...healing nice with no bleeding. My other kitty is not doing so great...beating up his paws and causing them to bleed (he hates the vet). So I set up the large dog kennel we have so that he can stay in there for a day or two until he heals a little better. I just feel so bad for my little babies...and Kadence misses them big time. But it has been something we've needed to do for a long time (they have literally shredded my couches) and now it's done. Could you send some good wishes for them to have a quick recovery please? They are my other babies! Now...if I can get my dogs to leave them alone when they get home!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Kristin--30 weeks today!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! I've missed you all and have been meaning to post and actually dreamt last night I was laying in bed posting. :smile: So here I am!

Someone asked about some must haves at the hospital so I thought I'd offer my suggestions. I love my Boppy and took it with and used it at every feeding and still use it at every feeding. It took a few days to get the hang of breast feeding and getting into a comfortable position helps so much. (I like the football hold). The Boppy gets used a lot to just hold Daphne a lot of times too. Some other must haves are comfy pants, nursing tops, breast pads, nipple cream, hair bands, toiletries, slippers, and we liked having our laptop to download pictures from delivery to show all of our visitors. Another cool thing our hospital did was have professional photographers come to your room to take photos. I had no makeup, not fixed hair, and they used sheets and blankets in the room and they turned out so good - very natural; I'll post some later. So we were able to put those on the laptop and show to our (many) guests too. Some things I did not use were my robe (that took up 1/3 of my bag), pillow (I opted not to bring it in the room), and baby clothes other than PJs (except for her going home outfit). They put long sleeved t-shirts with hand covers (I love any article of clothing with the hand covers to avoid scratching and also keep her hands warm) on her and that, a blanket, and a hat is pretty much what she wore the whole time at the hospital. They told us not to clip her nails and once I got home, I think b/c they are so flimsy it would have been difficult. I used my emory board (that is pretty worn down and soft) to file the nails down. Her nails were so long when she was born!

So far Daphne has been a pretty good baby. We are still learning what is the best way to get to sleep. The first 2 nights home it took nearly 3 hours to get her settled but then she slept for 4-5 hours. Night before last we went to bed at 9:30 and she went straight to sleep but woke every 3 hours or so and was awake between 5-7 but then let us sleep another 2 hours. The nights we've had people over late or she's been passed arond or overstimulated have been the hardest, including last night. Common sense huh? Also I think I need to start watching what I eat as her tummy was upset last night. She let out some howls that were like nothing we have heard yet. We were getting ready to give her gripe water, but Eric was able to calm her down a little and I was as well with feeding.

Speaking of feeding, she is doing really really well and I'm making so much milk I am pumping in addition to feeding every 2-4 hours. I can pump 5oz. in 6 minutes so I'm already starting a stash! However I started on the nights when she wouldn't sleep to use feeding as a calming mechanism which my pediatrician said is not a great practice. "Mom shouldn't be a pacifier" so I am trying to cut that out and feed her no closer together than about 1.5 hours minimum. Her feedings vary from 5-7 minutes each side to 10 minutes each side. In general feeding is going well. I recommend lanolin after each feeding.

We had her first after hospital pediatrician visit yesterday and she has gained back all of her weight plus an ounce so we get to skip our 2 week check up! Our pediatrician was able to give us some pointers on how to make her comfy for sleeping so that was good too. She suggested swaddling, hat and tucked in blanket which has worked well.

My parents are here until next week I think which has been great. Mom does laundry, cleans, dishes, cooks, and waits on me hand and foot if I let her. It's been a little hard for me as I like to do it myself, but after being sore all day yesterday from a trip to the grocery, I realize a C section is kind of a big deal and I need to take advantage of the help and rest. I've not been napping during the day but honestly it's because I've been able to get around 6-8 hours of sleep each night!

I hope you are all feeling good. It sounds like several of you are very close! I can't wait to hear about all the new babies coming soon. They are pretty fun. :smile:

-Ashley (and Daphnen 1 week today!)
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks for sharing Ashley! And it's so good to hear from you!! I can agree with you on the robe...not needed. And having the Boppy is a great idea! I didn't take it with Kadence but am planning to this time...it would have made nursing so much easier! And you do need to be careful after that c-section. Don't over do it! Recovery is slow...but you will bounce back before you know it! Keep in touch!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Daphne....not Daphnen :smile:

Here are some pics from our shoot.

DSC_0416-1.jpg

DSC_0392-1.jpg

DSC_0363-1.jpg
  • Raynamama
    Raynamama Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ashley! So good to hear from you and hear that everything is going so well with Daphne and with breastfeeding! Congratulations again :) Thanks for the tips about what to bring to the hospital - I have been debating whether or not to bring my breastfeeding pillow because I just feel like I have too much stuff lol...but I think I will bring it now, anything that will help make breastfeeding easier.

AFM - had more cervix pains again last night and some BH this morning. I have my next Dr. appt tomorrow at 1:30 so we'll see if he checks me again and see where we're at. Last night I was an emotional mess...I was crying like a baby while texting with my mom - she and my dad are going to Hawaii for business from Feb 10-18th and I'm really anxious that she is not going to be here when I go into labour and she will miss the whole thing. I'm ridiculously close with my mom first of all, she is pretty much my best friend. We live in the same city and we talk everyday, plus we text all the time ;) My mom is younger (only 50) and just really the most amazing woman I know. Anyway we were texting back and forth about the possibility of her missing it and we were both getting a little emotional etc...lol it was kind of silly but seriously I can't imagine her not being there. I mean I know I will be fine and I'll make it through it and my husband is amazing - I know all I really need is him...it's just hard to explain - I just want her there with me. Anyway, I just really hope I either go into labour between now and Feb 10 or after Feb18th! Oh if only I could explain to Mason lol but I know he will only come when he is ready and in all honesty that is the most important thing - it's not about me, it's about having a healthy little baby boy - anyway sorry enough babbling on about that!

I'm getting frustrated with my nerve pain and my hips :( I would really like to be more active but it's seriously difficult at this point because even just walking is a huge chore - my waddle is more like a hobble/waddle it's kind of pathetic! lol I would really like to go out and walk for an hour - maybe I will try today and see how it goes.

Can you believe it's February 1st! Wow...I honestly can't believe Mason will be here soon, so surreal - I keep thinking about actually being a mom! So crazy!

In other news, I was awakened this morning by my poor little Sophie getting sick in our bed at 6:30am :frown: not cool, she seems fine now, I made her some rice to calm her tummy and she's been pretty snuggley ever since but that's pretty normal for her :wink: but I must admit I'm SO tired - that's kind of just how I feel all the time now. I'm waiting for my nesting instinct to kick back in and I really wish it would because my house is a mess, I have laundry to do, I need to clean out my fridge and freezer and prepare some frozen meals - and just get organized in general....but it's literally like the tank is running on EMPTY these days...for real. I just want to sleep! lol

Anyway I hope everyone is having a good week :bigsmile:

Rayna
    37 weeks 3 days
  • jchecca
    Options
    ashley - its SO good to hear from you!!! thank you for all of the tips and your pictures are beautiful!!!! that is so amazing they came in to take pictures!!! what an awesome benefit!!! sounds like baby daphne is a doll and things are going wonderfully. definitely rest and heal up during this time...definitely dont want to overdo it (a lot easier said than done rite!) can not wait to hear more and cant wait to join you on the fit fab after baby board!!!!