Group Challenge #1 - The Calorie Burner (January 2012)

Options

Replies

• Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Today, I was able to do my jog/walk interval for 20 minutes and another 30 minutes of pure walking. This afternoon I tried Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 and I think I am going to be doing this now instead of the 30DS. Drank two glasses of water before every meal just as I have planned.

This is shaping up to be a good week!

A good week and a good month hopefully!

Let's all make February one to hit those goals... everyone seems to be off to a great start :)
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today and the needle will not budge (it hasnt in 3 weeks) i am not worried and will just concentrate meal to meal and day to day. Worked out a little at home yesterday and drank my water.

February is the last winter month spring is just around the corner. Lets kick Febs butt and get this done!
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    For my challenge -

I am going to:
    1) Be consistent in eating @ 1200 calories
    2) Not eat out at all for the entire month (this is hard for me).
    3) Drink 10 glasses a water a day

** At the moment I have been told to stop all exercising by Doctor. I am also fighting the bronchitis battle.
    Marcy
  • Bekzness
    Options
    Day 3 (update):
    *8 glasses of water
    *30 mins of Zumba Fitness 2
    *Weighed in at 149lbs... please don't be a fluke...lol!

Eating more makes weight fall off me it seems... winner!! :D
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I did 20min Gyrobaord and 20ming Run/walk this morn and used my new HRM. It told me I am burning a lot more calories than my treadmill has been telling me, but my treadmill wasn't programmed with my stats and prob assumes I am smaller and fitter than I am. I burnt 537 cals in 40mins (20 min of ea), so I am very pleased. Calories have been a bit lower than I would like for past few days cause I have been a bit busy to snack during the day. Might be my goal for next week to sort that out, as well as water intake again.

I hope everyone else is doing well with their goals this week. Keep up the good work :happy:

Gyroboard sounds interesting fersure... will google image that.

You guys are doing so well with keeping to your goals and logging in everything.

I'm curious, how many of you feel like it's toning you up yet? Can you feel it?

~katie

• katiebythebay
    Options
    I weighed in today and the needle will not budge (it hasnt in 3 weeks) i am not worried and will just concentrate meal to meal and day to day. Worked out a little at home yesterday and drank my water.

February is the last winter month spring is just around the corner. Lets kick Febs butt and get this done!

Don't get discouraged.

Everyone's body is different and shortly, you'll get on that scale and your work will payoff big time, you'll see soon!

'~k
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to do my jog/walk interval for 30 minutes. And was able to drink 2 glasses of water 30 minutes before my meals, and more glasses I didn't count in between meals. I couldn't do 30DS since I had a headache in the afternoon. I once tried to do 30DS even with a headache but it worsened especially during the jumping jacks and jumprope moves.

I read an article which stated that it is okay to workout if the pain is above the neck and to rest if it's the opposite. What are your opinions about working out with a headache? I'd love to hear from you all.

Anyway for this day, I did 30DS early this morning and drank two glasses before breakfast. Planning on following through my goals for the rest of the day.

I don't think vigorous exercise when you're in pain is good. Maybe consult your physician about it, to be sure.

~k

• sezz_25
    Options
    Today the weather didn't cooperate so I couldn't do my jog/walk interval, instead I did a lot of house cleaning :happy: I did Day 2, Level 1 of Ripped in 30 and drank lots and lots of water.

I really want to count the number of glasses I drink but I live in a tropical country, drinking water is second nature to me.:wink:
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    Today the weather didn't cooperate so I couldn't do my jog/walk interval, instead I did a lot of house cleaning :happy: I did Day 2, Level 1 of Ripped in 30 and drank lots and lots of water.

I really want to count the number of glasses I drink but I live in a tropical country, drinking water is second nature to me.:wink:

I know...now that i a have made the effort to drink it, it seems like this is what i am supposed to do.
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    I am sick sooo ...i was under calories but i just went to sleep early and am trying to get some liquids (i have had so much because i feel parched and have a sore throat). Hoping it will pass quick!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    I am sick sooo ...i was under calories but i just went to sleep early and am trying to get some liquids (i have had so much because i feel parched and have a sore throat). Hoping it will pass quick!

I hope you get well soon!
  • katiebythebay
    Options
    Okay you guys!!!!!!!

Only two more weeks for this challenge!!

Which, by default, means only 12 more days until Valentine's Day!!!

Will you be ready to show off what you've been working on so hard for the past month?????

Two weeks people.... push yourselves - no off days for the next two weeks, if possible.

I know you can do it! :flowerforyou:

~katie

• katiebythebay
    Options

Hope you get some rest sweetheart.

Gear up on the liquids and sleep.

~katie
  • Bekzness
    Options

This sucks, feel much better soon!!

If you can achieve your goals when feeling like this... imagine what you can do when you are back to normal!

But if you are really worn out its your body telling you to take it easy, usually for a reason so listen to it and get plenty of rest and stay hydrated to flush out any nasty's :)
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Today, I woke up at 5AM and immediately heard the rain. I thought to myself, there goes my jog/walk interval, then promptly went back to sleep :laugh:

In the afternoon, I was feeling lazy and had to push myself to do Day 3 of Ripped in 30.

Drank lots of water!
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    Been feeling better cause i went to a yoga class and went to bed early. Yesterday lifted some weights, drank fluids and rested. Enjoyed some outdoor snow related fun with the kids and am enjoying my weekend. I am just happy i got over that cold quick.
  • faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Results: Lost 2kg over last week, Plank now up to 1min 20sec, Jogging 20mins non-stop. Couldn't be happier :happy:

Goals for this week:

~ Water, water, water!
    ~ Stick to zig zagging
    ~ Jog every 2nd day AM for 20mins non-stop (+ warm up and cool down)
    ~ Cycle every other day AM for min 8km (weather permitting)
    ~ GyroBoard training + plank at least every 2nd day

What are everyone else's goals for this week?
  • Bekzness
    Options
    Results: Lost 2kg over last week, Plank now up to 1min 20sec, Jogging 20mins non-stop. Couldn't be happier :happy:

Goals for this week:

~ Water, water, water!
    ~ Stick to zig zagging
    ~ Jog every 2nd day AM for 20mins non-stop (+ warm up and cool down)
    ~ Cycle every other day AM for min 8km (weather permitting)
    ~ GyroBoard training + plank at least every 2nd day

What are everyone else's goals for this week?

You are making awesome progress Faw1001 well done :)

Last week for me started off awesome... it always does as I have a routine Mon-Wed... then it went off the rails Fri-Sun :(

I had to deal with 3 treat type days due to celebratory meals and family gatherings. I managed to stay under my calorie count on all occasions by adding in a bit more exercise, but my choices weren't the best so I was over on sodium and yucky fat! I only had my DietChef food for 2 days too due to everything else going on so I will resume that this week. Water intake was horribad too :P

So this weeks Goals are clear...

Week 4 Goals:
    *8 glasses of water... no slacking
    *Stick to DietChef meals everyday this week (except lunches when I'm at work)
    *EXERCISE everyday... even if its just on Zumba, the fact there is snow 2ft deep outside is no excuse!
    *No alcohol

Good luck everyone for this week, and well done to those who stuck to their goals all last week.. you are all inspirations!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Last week, I lost 1 lb! I know, i know, it's not much but ever since I joined MFP I lost 4 lbs in a week and has stagnated especially since holidays came around. And even though I practically exercise everyday and have learned to lessen my food intake my weight hardly ever budges. Finally, the needle moved and showed I lost a pound, YAY! :bigsmile:

This week I plan to:

1. continue with Week 2 of Ripped in 30; and
    2. continue with Week 3 of C25K (hopefully the weather cooperates).

Hope we all have a great week!
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    Did so much this weekend walking and working out. I just was not under calories. Ate a little bit of junk yesterday. Not proud of it.

This week no junk food whatsoever.
    Pack food.

Does anyone believe in or do a "cheat day"? I read a couple of threads this weekend about people doing this.