Group Challenge #1 - The Calorie Burner (January 2012)

Options
14567810»

Replies

• faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Did so much this weekend walking and working out. I just was not under calories. Ate a little bit of junk yesterday. Not proud of it.

This week no junk food whatsoever.
    Pack food.

Does anyone believe in or do a "cheat day"? I read a couple of threads this weekend about people doing this.

I don't believe in 'treat days' as they wind up causing me to binge and I have broken that habit completely and I want to keep it that way. I do Zigzagging though where I have low days and high days (1200 low and up to 1700 high). On the high days I do get to fit in some treat food - within the calories range I have set. Works great for making sure I don't feel deprived and boosts my metabolism at the same time :)
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Did so much this weekend walking and working out. I just was not under calories. Ate a little bit of junk yesterday. Not proud of it.

Pack food.

Does anyone believe in or do a "cheat day"? I read a couple of threads this weekend about people doing this.

I believe more in 'cheat meals'.

These do not necessarily take me over my calorie limit, but they are usually things that I wouldn't eat due to high fat, high sugar... generally high yummyness content :P

I always try to stay under my calorie goals, but really don't feel bad if it was a treat meal that pushed me over slightly and I try to gain back some welly with extra exercise. Some people have their 'treat day' on their 'rest day' which to me would be a disaster...lol ;)
  • rbvaudrizle
    rbvaudrizle Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Pack food.

I don't believe in 'treat days' as they wind up causing me to binge and I have broken that habit completely and I want to keep it that way. I do Zigzagging though where I have low days and high days (1200 low and up to 1700 high). On the high days I do get to fit in some treat food - within the calories range I have set. Works great for making sure I don't feel deprived and boosts my metabolism at the same time :)

Sounds interesting ...i think i am gonna try that.
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options

Pack food.

I believe more in 'cheat meals'.

These do not necessarily take me over my calorie limit, but they are usually things that I wouldn't eat due to high fat, high sugar... generally high yummyness content :P

I always try to stay under my calorie goals, but really don't feel bad if it was a treat meal that pushed me over slightly and I try to gain back some welly with extra exercise. Some people have their 'treat day' on their 'rest day' which to me would be a disaster...lol ;)

Yeah that is what i ended up doing and it would just push me over calories like crazy. I would do great 4-5 days then a rest day would turn into a rest treat day. Then i would over calories in a ridiculous way.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    soooo its been a while.... i am currently on day 7 level 3 of 30ds my friend and I have made the decision to complete at least 2 more days of it!! so we have at least 5 more days of it :) and once we finish we are starting it agian!!!! once we finish it a second time we are doing ripped in 30 along with 6 week 6 pack and from there we are moving on to p90x ") go us
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    soooo its been a while.... i am currently on day 7 level 3 of 30ds my friend and I have made the decision to complete at least 2 more days of it!! so we have at least 5 more days of it :) and once we finish we are starting it agian!!!! once we finish it a second time we are doing ripped in 30 along with 6 week 6 pack and from there we are moving on to p90x ") go us

great job....keep up the hard work

those are some rough programs
  • rbvaudrizle
    Options
    Was under my calories and have been working hard. Last night was a night home with the kids so i did a lot of push ups and sits ups. Even got the kids involved.
  • sezz_25
    Options
    The weather has been terrible this week, I couldn't do my jog/walk. I'v been doing 2nd week of of Ripped in 30 though.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ RESULTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys~

We tallied the posts, took in account context and remained objective, as possible. Remember, as serious as this was for health reasons, it was also in good fun. It is my sincere hope that everyone got something real out of this first "virtual" challenge. I hope most, if not all of you, will post some feedback within the thread, on your experience. I think we would all love to know how each of you feel you did.

I would love to get some feedback on how we can make these challenges better and more interactive. If anyone wants to provide input and share their experience, please feel free. Complaints are welcomed, as well as constructive criticism and anything else, you want to throw into the mixture. Even ideas you've learned from somewhere else in MFP or anywhere else, are welcomed!

Win: :flowerforyou:

RBvaudrizle and SEZZ_25

Place: :drinker:

FAW1001 and Bekzness

Show: :blushing:

CANDYkay0605

Honorable Mention: :flowerforyou:

theCLOVERfreak

Thank you guys for participating and cheering each other on!!!

We're about motivation and that's just what you guys did for us!

~katie
  • Bekzness
    Options
    Well done to the winners and everyone who took part...

I'm sad its over :(

Having this challenge definitely motivated me to try harder, although I failed horribly on my goals for a couple of week, I did however stay under my calorie goals for the whole challenge (bar one night out :P) so thank you everyone for keeping me accountable.

I started at I think was 152lbs.. I am now 147.8lbs and I have you guys to thank :) Here's to smashing our goals right through the year!
  • sezz_25
    Options
    Wow, thanks!

I didn't lose much with this challenge, I just lost a pound :laugh: But this challenge motivated me to keep on exercising even when the scale stubbornly kept still. And because of this challenge my collarbones and hipbones are now making a reappearance! Yay!

Thank you again for the motivation! Good luck, everyone!
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sorry I tanked on this challenge...my Dad passed away last week and this past month has been impossibly busy. If you do it again next month let me know and I'll be better I promise!

congrats you all did great!!!
  • Bekzness
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss Uniquewrapz, you have no need to apologise :)