HELLO AWESOME PEOPLE!

Replies

• sirtodd
    sirtodd Posts: 14 Member
    Amazing... Im just learning how to knit i hope to see the end result from your current game of thrones knitting challenge.
  • Cool! I will post pics once I am finished. Are you on Ravelry.com? That is where Nerd Wars is and the patterns are awesome! A ton of Tadis, zombie, vampire....just all kinds of "geeky" patterns.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Cool! I will post pics once I am finished. Are you on Ravelry.com? That is where Nerd Wars is and the patterns are awesome! A ton of Tadis, zombie, vampire....just all kinds of "geeky" patterns.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/medieval-fantasy-5-patterns these are amazing! I love knitting, but cannot crochet at all :sad:
  • Those were for a challenge in Nerd Wars! They are very cool! I started out crocheting as a kid so I am much faster at it BUT my knitting is better I think. It probably wouldn't be too hard to make those patterns for knitting.....
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Hey everyone...my name is Crystal...and ummm...I dont' know what my super power is...excessive sarcasm? I can take it to a new art form, which doesn't always translate well on the net.

Erm...other than that...I spend too much time on facebook and on here. I read too much...and my greatest shame is that my 8 year old thinks that SW ep 1-3 are better than 4-6...hopefully he'll grow out of it someday.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Cool! I will post pics once I am finished. Are you on Ravelry.com? That is where Nerd Wars is and the patterns are awesome! A ton of Tadis, zombie, vampire....just all kinds of "geeky" patterns.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/medieval-fantasy-5-patterns these are amazing! I love knitting, but cannot crochet at all :sad:

We're like opposites! I can crochet great, but couldn't knit an ugly scarf to save my life.

ETA: What crazy situation would I have gotten myself into that knitting skills would be the saving grace? Sheesh.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Curvatrino and my superpower is clothes alterations. Not a very cool superpower, I know, but damn handy if you've lost 40lbs.

I can fit my fist in my mouth. That's as super as it gets.

When I'm not on here I sporadically write a wrestling blog, ithinkaboutwrestling.wordpress.com

and I split infinitives.

I can fit my fist in my mouth too!!! GREAT party trick
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Hello my name is Lisa , my superpower is healing the sick ( I'm a nurse).

I also have a fatal flaw and that is 'Right Answer Tourettes" I am working on not being a know it all ! xx
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member

We're like opposites! I can crochet great, but couldn't knit an ugly scarf to save my life.

ETA: What crazy situation would I have gotten myself into that knitting skills would be the saving grace? Sheesh.

You could stab zombies with the knitting needles. A knitting pattern makes sense to me, crochet is like gobbledygook! I am going to try and learn this year, honest I have a hook and everything :laugh:
  • And the Zombies won't know what hit them cause....

zombie_knitting-thumb-430x330-113690.jpg[img][/img]
  • curvatrino
    curvatrino Posts: 33 Member
    Hello everyone, I'm Curvatrino and my superpower is clothes alterations. Not a very cool superpower, I know, but damn handy if you've lost 40lbs.

I can fit my fist in my mouth. That's as super as it gets.

When I'm not on here I sporadically write a wrestling blog, ithinkaboutwrestling.wordpress.com

and I split infinitives.

I can fit my fist in my mouth too!!! GREAT party trick

it's all about leading with the smallest knuckle. I don't know how more people can't do it! :)
  • hobbitgrrl
    hobbitgrrl Posts: 67 Member
    Greetings all...my name is Gayle and my superpower is the ability to retain useless trivia, i.e. remembering the names for all the Sweat Hogs from the "Welcome Back Kotter" TV show (oy, I'm dating myself here) or my second-grade best friend's telephone number. Essentially any morsels of odd information that take up brain space better used for more practical applications, i.e. my ATM card PIN (which I'm always forgetting). :huh:
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Hello my name is Alecia and my super power would be to take paper mache', sculpey clay, some paint and a whole hell of a lot of a glitter and turn it into art. (I make Dia de los Muertos/Day of the Dead dioramas, sculptures and skulls). I can also turn a little bit of ribbon and a clay skull into pretty hair accessories and some bottle caps into jewelry. I'm also a single parent with 2 school age kids, one who is a teenager so I have "super" coping skills too. LOL!
  • missoularocks
    missoularocks Posts: 294 Member
    What up, geeks! my name is Nikki, and my superpower is alluring students into reading! oh yeah! my geekiness comes from my love of star wars. i also adore the shows lost, the simpsons, futurama, my so called life, that 70s show, the walking dead, glee ... i'm into indie rawk, punk, classic rock, 90s alternative. and what probably makes me the geekiest is my love of reading. hope you all are having a good one. xo
  • Hi!
    My superpower is reading super fast (have yet to find anyone to catch up with me).
    I'm a total geek because my favorite thing to do is read, followed by more reading, followed by playing with my dogs, followed by very old-fashioned hobbies (needlepoint anyone?).
    Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Hello my name is Sharon!

My superpower is high pitched repetitive squealing and slowed down action moves.

I'm also double jointed,.
  • Hi I'm Krissie and my superpower is that I have a rediculously long memory and retain lot of random information about all sorts.

I adore there is this group on here, why I have I not found it sooner? :)
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 196 Member
    Hey, I'm Sae and my super power is the abilty to make an entire bag of Haribo disappear into thin air...

It's molecular manipulation of a sort, right?

:ohwell:
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    Hi. I'm Amber and my super power is art.
    http://imadeinky.com
    http://rainycanvas.com

And I love cats!
  • LilRiver
    LilRiver Posts: 81 Member
    HELLO OTHER AWESOME PEOPLE!

I'm Brooke and my super power is telling stories. Or helping people tell stories. Or helping people break up stories so that they then tell them. Or, well, something like that.

I design experiential stories such as ARGs (alternate reality games) and the like - essentially I work with authors & other people who have kick *kitten* stories to tell and help them break them up into pieces that get scattered about the world in both real & virtual spaces for the audience to discover and piece back together which makes the story more of an experience and turns the audience into the storytellers.

Yeah. I dunno either. I've been trying to explain what I do in a way folks understand for years. Geeks tend to get it better than most, but even that's a bit of a crapshoot ;)

I have a total and complete love of street games and other sorts of public play. Unfortunately, my love of sitting on my *kitten* in front of the internets dominated for a few years and, so, my weight exploded making public play a bit less enjoyable. Fixing that! Woot! Here's to a happier & healthier me! And you! Go us!