2nd Trimester

Options

Replies

• kellyrorie
    kellyrorie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Here is a little tool I found that helps me gauge how my gain is falling in terms of "normal pregnancy" gain. Of course, Im over by 3 lbs lol...but thats not as much as I felt like I was, which helps me mentally A LOT. Hopefully it helps yout too!
    http://www.kidspot.com.au/weightgain/pregnancyweightgain.asp
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Hey, where did we all go? Catching up myself!

Amber - Glad to hear your LO is better. DH and I argued about the first name for a long time, still haven't settled on a middle. DH was the one turning down all my ideas and that was frustrating! Sorry to hear your MIL is mean, definitely wouldn't chose her name. However, my DH has that idea about not using a name just cause one person you didn't like had it. I don't think it should matter unless they are a big part of your life (like your MIL)! Good luck!

Amanda - congrats on the glucose test and the lighter work load! I do hate seeing women where I am in pregnancy with complications, makes me paranoid! Fortunately 20+ weekers go up to L&D directly for evaluation most of the time! Glad you and DH got to get out for a bit and are enjoying alone time! Have fun in 3rd trimester, catch you soon!

Brandy - That's awesome that you have an old rocker!  I missed your post till now, hope you had a great weekend and did something super fun with your DH! Careful with the spicy foods, I craved them and then got bad heartburn!

Misslouisianna - welcome! Being able to eat healthy again was huge for me too when I started 1st trimester! Congrats! What's your exercise routine?

Sarah - welcome! Are you trying to maintain throughout the pregnancy? What do you do for exercise? Sorry to hear about the uti?

Destiny - glad you're feeling better! A long trip with a cute little toddler sounds like an adventure to me, but then again I haven't spent half that time with a toddler, so good luck!

Anapai - welcome! Is this your first? I am finding the experience of pregnancy really exciting and unbelievable as well.  Enjoy those winter walks!

Kelley - I think protein helps with those sugar hangovers, but I'm sure you are much better now.  Sorry to hear about the 25lbs, maybe a lot is water? At least when you exercise you'll burn more calories now, hehe. Since you have an elliptical at home how about throwing in 2 15 minute sessions or something?

Xosugarbabie - welcome! I am finding that despite all the fat my butt and hips have accumulated :grumble: I'm more uncomfortable on them, especially at night I have to keep switching sides to lay on even though I have a tempurpedic. Not sure what that's about! I try to stand more at work and stretch my hip out more after exercise, that seems to help.

Brunettewife - wow, fantastic job on the walking! I still find myself craving carbs more that pre-pregnancy, and I definitely want more fruits and salad (but not cooked veggies). Other than that my cravings are sporadic, thank God

Jcgutierrez - welcome and congratulations! Hope you got some good news to share from your ultrasound!

MrsJax - great job with the exercise! Sorry to hear about your round ligament pain, definitely take it easy until you don't feel it since I have heard that stuff can get out of control!

Taldie - not sure if you'll be back to read this, but thanks for popping in. We are definitely in flux right now with many women giving birth, graduating to the next trimester, and joining this one. We all have to be committe dto keeping the group active during these periods!

Sarah/sas - congrats on feeling the baby move, sounds like DH loved it too. I find it so exciting and addictive! Hopefully that nasty migraine stays away and you are able to be active this week!

Helenmelon - I hope your rash is clearing up. There are a lot of nasty pregnancy dermatology problems out there, so far the only one I have is acne! Your BF should prioritize this ultrasound, it's amazing and the closest thing he will get to seeing the baby before he or she is born!

Jalyn - I can see how special Ed would be draining. Will be praying you get what you want and that your DH gets that job at Camp Shelby! So glad the b12 shots are helping and that you are KILLING your workouts! Just remember to eat back your calories, etc etc. Great job! Oh, and your weight gain is perfect and I'm jealous, lol

Kellierorie - I love that website cause I don't even have to think, thanks for posting it!

AFM - the importnant thing is lots of baby kicks so I think he's healthy! Beyond that-

TMI alert - I have been really constipated for the last few weeks and despite my best efforts I'm starting to feel like I'm accumulating poop. I have also gained 2 pounds despite being at or below maintenance everyday with a dedicated workout schedule, so I am thinking poop+water. I decreased my cals a little more but I started to approach my prior dieting levels with no improvement so I decided to let it go a little. My OB realized I haven't been seen in a while so they called me and made an appointment for tomorrow. Maybe she'll have a magic cure for my angry tummy and can reassure me about my weight. On a positive note, strangers (patients in the ER mostly) have started to comment on me being pregnant. I didn't think it was so obvious but I'm pleased people are starting to think I'm preggo rather than "portly", lol

Our group is in flux, everyone needs to post so we can get out of this funk!

Melissa 23wk 2 days
    (+17??? :sad: )
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    What a wonderful weekend - the weather where I am in the UK hit 75F so I had a short bike ride with hubby & daughter then chilled out on the patio.....bliss!
    Extremely tired today but no real reason for it. After my 3 days in bed last week I've had achy legs and butt all weekend from Thurs & Fri walks! Didn't think I'd get out of shape so fast!!! I won't be walking today as I've got some errands to do that require the car and won't be walking on Weds as it's our 20wk scan (YIPPEEEE!) but apart from that I'm going to get the 4 miles a day in.
    Again, I've over eaten this weekend but managed to be better on the sweet things and just over eaten on 'healthy' things so even though I know I've gone way over the cals needed I don't feel AS guilty as I usually do on a Monday morning.
    I've gone up a whole clothes size lately though - my thighs seems to have doubled in size lately but it's all my own doing so I'm going on Ebay tonight to try and find some clothes!
    Have a great week everyone and I'll post pics of scan on Weds.
    Love Sarah
    20wks today
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Morning girls

Ive had a good weekend, lots of walking, swimming and pottering around. We to a friends on Sat night for supper, she is due in 5 weeks - so nice to see all her baby stuff. She has written me a list of all the things she has bought so I have a direction to go in! Has anyone started to buy any baby stuff yet? We have a few bits as the range we like for the baby room has had 20% off. But really waiting until the 20 week scan (2 weeks).

Melissa - Hope you get sorted with constipation - its awful, Im trying to up my fiber and water to avoid it as much as possible. Yeah by boyfriend will try to come to the scan (he wants too) but will depend on the day. He is self employed and has 1100 sheep lambing at the moment (its the busiest time of the year). He unfortunately doesnt get any days off for about 6 weeks and works from 5am til about 9pm. Im just pleased Im not due the baby now!! Fingers crossed the afternoon of the scan the sheep keep their legs crossed for an hour or two! He will have 2 vet students starting that week so hopefully that will help.

My rash is loads better - think it was heat rash. Gonna be careful if wearing tights etc in warm places! I was worried about acne as I had a bad do of it about 10 years ago. But so far so good.

Sarah - Weather not as warm here at all! Not sure in F but about 8C here yesterday but cloudy and damp! (same again today). Sounds like you had a good weekend. Hope you scan goes well - catch up later in the week. x
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    kelly rorie- According to that website I'm over the weight gain mark by 5 pounds already. ughh. not that I didn't know that already, my clothes are so tight and uncomfortable and it's because my eating has been out of control and so unhealthy. I've got to get a handle on it for sure! I work out almost everyday, but still I eat wayyyyy too many calories and aweful unhealthy foods.

*I'll be 15 weeks this week, and only my lower stomach is sticking out, but that can be due to all of my over-eating. When did you guys start to show? When did people start to notice that you were pregnant instead of just "thicker than normal"?
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Im 18 weeks now and you cant tell Im pregnant yet. Im 8lb heavier though and my clothes are tight. I think it will be a few more weeks and than belly will pop out a bit! x
  • speedyme
    speedyme Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! New to Trimester 2, I wasn't sure i would make it but so glad to be here!

So far i've gained 6.8 lbs at 13w5d but i haven't weighed in a couple weeks so i'm sure it's safe to say there is probable another couple lbs to add on. I've been gaining pretty steady so all the weight i did loose is now coming back with a vengence. It's been pretty nice here in Alberta, Canada so i will be taking advantage of it and go for more walks. I took a break earlier due to icy conditions, i had a few falls and thought best to wait it out. Now i'm close to 4lbs over what i should be and need to slow the gain down.

I've had a head cold the last 5 days and it's knocked what ever energy i did have completely out and now with the spring forward time change, i feel like the walking dead. Looking to get some ZZZZZ's this week and hopefully next week will be fully recovered with lots of energy to burn. Wishfull thinking?!?!

Anyways, i look forward to getting to know everyone and wish you all the best!

Terri
    Due Sept 12, 2012
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I should introduce myself to this board as well. I've been reading all of your posts but have yet to say hello myself!

I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. We had a huge dump of snow last week (finally!) but now it's melting and a huge wet sloppy mess out there. I can't wait until spring. Well actually I can't wait to get out and walk every day. I've been using winter as an excuse and my weight gain is showing that. Despite playing basketball and swimming twice a week I'm up 13 lbs. I'm at 15 w 3 days. This is a huge struggle for me as I been on weight watchers FOREVER and seeing the scale go up is very hard for me mentally. I just have to get over that. Eat well and exercise and whatever happens happens I guess.

I did get to hear the baby's heart beat again last Friday. This was a huge relief to me as I had hit two rather large deer on a road trip the week before and almost totalled our car off. I didn't really feel anything, it's a solid car but I also managed to steer them into my husbands side and he took the brunt of the hit. We're all OK though! I felt fine, it was just nice to hear that nice strong heartbeat.

Nice to meet everyone, have a great week!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hello Mommies! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

Welcome to all the new ladies! Its nice to have some new ones since we lost a few to the 3rd tri :smile:

Helen- Glad your rash is getting better! I haven't bought anything for this new baby yet. Partly because I don't need very much since I still have everything (clothes, bottles, blankets, etc) from my daughter that this baby can use. And partly because we need to do some major rearranging of my house before we can bring in the things we do need (crib). :laugh: With my first pregnancy my husband wouldn't let me buy anything until we knew the sex. And even then he had a hard time spending money!

Sarah- Good luck with your scan on Wednesday! Can't wait to hear how it goes

Melissa- Sorry about the constipation :frown: Mine seems to have gone a way for the most part. I definitely feel it when I eat out too much, or don't drink enough water. Someone on here mentioned apple cider vinegar or eating an apple everyday when I was in a lot of pain, and eating apples helped me out. Thats so nice that your OB called you in for an appt. I think I would be going crazy if I didn't have my regular check ups!

Jayln- I'll definitely be keeping you and your hubby in my thoughts that he gets the job and you can move to a less stressful class. My mom's a teacher and when I was younger she taught a special ed preschool for a few years, but it was so stressful on her, with all the extra paperwork, etc. It was fun for me at the time because her classroom got extra funding and I got to play with all the cool toys when she would go in on the weekends :laugh:

AFM- This weekend started out so great for us, we decided to try taking DD to her first movie in the theater- The Lorax. She did SO great! Was quiet, and well behaved the whole time. We went to a bigger town about 2 hours away so we all got to enjoy the nice seats, good sound, and clear picture that we don't have with our local theater! We had to go the the bigger town to get some supplies from Sam's Club anyway so we just stayed the night in a motel. We've done this a few times and it hasn't always gone smoothly but we hoped it would this time. But it did not! DD decided to wake up before midnight, and then she wouldn't fall back asleep until after 6am!!!! Then we had to wake up at 8! So this mommy didn't get much sleep either! It was rough, but she made up for it last night- slept 13 hours :heart:

I have a dr appt this afternoon and then tomorrow morning were heading out on our adventure! I'm really excited, but also a little nervous. I think the little one will do good for me *fingers crossed* So I won't be around for a couple weeks. Hope everyone is active and healthy while I'm away! I'll try to do the same and not give in to too much greasy temptation from the road:laugh:

Destiny
    20w5d
    +almost 10lbs
  • sas6575
    Options
    Enjoy your trip Destiny - have an absolute blast! :)
    We're coming across the pond to visit hubby's relatives in Haverhill MA at the end of the month - they LOVE their food so I'm completely prepared to come back MUCH heavier! hahaha! They're giving me a baby shower too which is something that has only just stated over in the UK so I don't really know what it's all about! I've been told to take a spare suitcase! xx
  • helenmelon29
    Options
    Morning

Had a great day yesterday - exercise pretty good (45 mins walk, 25 mins Pilates), food good - slightly over but that was a glass of milk. Today Ive done 30 mins Tracey Anderson Mat work out (arms and legs), Im swimming with my sister at 5pm and will take the dogs out (prob 30 mins) and eat pretty healthly.

Welcome new girls - I love reading up on what everyone is up to etc.

Thanks for comments rash loads better now - still see it a little but not bothering me, so should be totally gone in a few days. I will continue to use cream as its a huge pot and she said to use it all over.

Re Baby Showers - As we dont really do them in the Uk Im just interested in what exactly you do? As you get prezzies at the baby shower - do you not get prezzies when the baby is born? Last year my friend had a baby and we have a 'baby shower party' but we just played games - baby bingo, pin the dummy on the baby etc and had food and drinks. We brought a few prezzies but not the baby presents just a little bag of goodies really for Mum - including sweets, charm for bracelet, nice hand creams, bath stuff, etc.

Saz - hope all goes well tomorrow, your not finding out the sex are you?

Best get on catch you later.x
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome mpederson! I love Canada! I grew up just south of British Colombia and spent countless family vacations in Victoria and Banff. Love it! I've never made past Alberta, though (yet!).

Destiny - thank you for your kindness and enjoy your trip!

Helen - a baby shower can be pretty much anything the mother wants, but usually it consists of people getting her gifts for the baby -things they think will come in handy. Anywhere from diapers and nursing pads to strollers. We also play games, have prizes and EAT! Eating is the most important part. :laugh:

Sas- enjoy your trip and your baby shower!!

Terri- I hope you get some of your energy back!

AFM- Things are gearing up at my home for my husband's departure. We're trying to get everything ready before he leaves for 3 months for Officer's Intellegence Training. He'll miss the entire 3rd trimester and get back just 2 weeks before LO is due, which doesn't concern me, oddly. It probably just hasn't hit me yet. The baby's room isn't near completed. It's only half-way painted, the bead board isn't up, or the chair rail. The crib isn't done (he still has to sand put a few coats of sealant on it and sand it and then assemble it), nor do we have the bookshelves or the dresser we'd hoped to have. This doesn't seem to bother me though. At least not yet.

Have a great rest of your week, ladies. Oh, I wanted to ask if any of you have experienced Braxton Hicks (sp-?) contractions yet. I may have had some yesterday, but I didn't really know. Lots of tension and "thightness" on my upper belly during a work out.

Jalyn
    23w6d
    +12 lbs
  • sas6575
    Options
    Hey Helen,
    It's completely hubby's call but so far he's sticking to his guns and wants to keep it as a surprise. I will post again tomorrow with all the news :) so glad your rash is clearing up hun xx
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been reading your posts for a while now, and decided that it was about time to introduce myself, so, hello!! We are pregnant with baby boy number two, who's due 10th July! I haven't done a whole lot other than a bit of walking on the exercise front, but I have been trying my best to keep my eating in check! I still have a few food aversions, and I'm really not a huge fan of veggies at the moment, but I try to make myself eat them, and I eat a lot of fruit and beans to try and make up for it!

Liz - I too have a low lying placenta and a little one with a choroid plexus cyst. My doctor was not concerned at all in regards to either at the moment. As far as the CP, she said that my nuchal transparency was as good as they get, and that she could refer me to a Perintologist if I wanted to, but that she really didn't think it was necessary. After I researched online, most everything that I found said that they go away on their own, so it has made me feel much more at ease! I have another ultrasound at 28 weeks, so I'm hoping my placenta has moved up, and the cyst is gone, and I hope the same for you :)

Jalyn - my fingers are crossed for your hubby, and also for you to change classes! Wow, 3 months without him? Do you have any family or friends close by that can help you finish getting things ready for baby? I'm glad to hear he should be back in time for baby's birth though :) Nope, no Braxton Hicks here, I never experienced them with my first one either.

Melissa - Sorry about the constipation, I know it's no bueno! I don't recall having much trouble with it with my first, but I've had a few bouts so far this pregnancy! Black beans have been my friend and have seemed to have helped a lot!

Helen and Sarah - I'm a fellow Brit, from the Manchester area, but have lived in the States for the past almost 11 years! I've been eating pretty healthily, but I've been dying for a chippy tea for the past week or so! Oooh, and some Galaxy or Dairy Milk, and Battenburg, and some Quavers.......I could go on and on! It's probably a good thing really that I don't have access to all the yummy foods I miss from back home, I think my weight gain would be far more substantial! I still have a Wispa from a selection box my sister got me for Christmas, but I don't want to eat it, because then I won't have anything left! lol! Sarah, glad the migranes are gone, and Helen, I'm glad that it just seemed to be a heat rash :) And wow Helen, look at you with your exercise yesterday! You put me to shame! I have been taking it easy though, with the whole low lying placenta thing. I really hope that it moves, so that I can get off my fat bum a bit more!

Terri - I hope that your head cold goes soon, and you get some of your energy back! I've had a cold for the past couple of weeks, and I've just about managed to shake it off, aside for a bit of a stuffy nose! My energy was horrible last week, all I wanted to do was sleep!

mpederson - So glad to hear that you, baby and hubby are all ok after your car accident :)

Destiny - Have a fabulous trip! I'm sure your little one will do great! We did our first big road trip for DS's first birthday, an eight hour trip from FL to GA, and he did great! We've done a lot of moving and traveling since, and he's such a good little traveler, bless his heart! I need to take DS to see the Lorax sometime soon, it looks so cute! Have a safe trip :)

AFM - I've finally got some energy back this week after being stuck with a yucky cold last week! Yesterday I cleaned the living room carpets, so I feel like I finally got something accomplished! Next is to tackle the rest of the house!

I know I may have missed a few of you, I'm sorry! I'll try to get to everyone next time!

Hope you all have a great week!

Emily
    23weeks today, +5.5lbs
  • travelgirl77
    travelgirl77 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Welcome to the fellow newbies! I am so excited about this great weather, except that I think it has triggered some kind of allergies as my eyes can't stop watering and my nose will not stop running. Still no weight gain here, but until my doctor says something, I am going with it. 17 weeks tomorrow, which is so hard to believe! When I got my NT scan, the tech mentioned that I have an anterior placenta, so I guess it may take some time to feel the baby. Anybody been there before. As far as I know, I did not have it with my first! I swear I have felt some twitches.....or wishful thinking!

I am headed to NYC for a couple of days with my three year old and husband! I cannot wait to get out and enjoy the weather.
    On a side note....I am so jealous of all you Brits! It is such a dream of mine to travel there. Maybe one day!

I hope everyone is doing well,
    Sarah
  • Lilylove86
    Lilylove86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!!

I'm new to this board since I haven't really been using MFP in a couple months *gulp*. I'm 16w today!!! and finally not feeling as sick and definitely got more energy back. My first trimester was hell on earth, even with medication. But, its done now, thank goodness, and the baby is so far in perfect health!

Now onto my frustration recently: my hubbie took pics of me yesterday, completely random....and I have not realized how round and chubby I look!!! yes I've let myself go in the past year and I weighed 173 when I got pregnant (just to say, I've always been big boned and wider framed, so 173 on me might look like 150 on others. I wear size 12 jeans). Now, I've gained quite a bit of weight in my first trimester (14 pounds) due to the fact that I was eating crackers and cereal like a mad person due to the nausea. Now, I'm back on to fruits and veggies and healthy portions, although eating frequently. I haven't had any crazy pregnant women indulgences......but looking at those pics he took of me........I wanted to cry... no wait, I did. I'm so ashamed I don't want to be intimate with my husband. He told me, in all honesty, that my gain of weight has made him a little less attracted physically but that mentally, he's more attracted knowing that I'm carrying his baby. I thanked him for his honesty, but its still hard knowing that I cannot do anything about it!!!! I cannot start cutting calories and working out like a mad woman to lose the weight. Summer is coming and I'm dreading it more then usual. Its so hard on me mentally. My *kitten* is bigger, my face is super round, my arms are just.....ugh.......... anyways..... that is my rant. I needed to get it off my chest.

Thanks for listening!

Lysanne
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sarah – I feel like most of my weight gain has been in my thighs and hips, sheesh! I definitely get achier faster despite the fact I never really stopped working out. I think it’s a hormonal thing. Will be hoping the best for your US tomorrow! I rarely go to baby showers so I don’t know what to expect at mine either except baby clothes!

Helen – I am going to start buying baby stuff when I hit 6 months at the end of this week. I have my eye on a personalized sleep sack. I will allow myself 1-2 baby items per week after that. Still paranoid something may go wrong, sounds terrible but true. Wow, your boyfriend sounds like a busy farmer indeed! Hoping those sheep can hold off a bit! In America the baby shower attendees get you gifts then and not at birth, then other random people show up gradually with gifts after the baby. I think the idea is so you can already have stuff ready to go when the baby comes to get you through those first few weeks!

xosugarbabie – sorry to hear about the overeating. I think we all get periods of intense hunger I’d like to think are growth spurts. The important thing is to make the healthiest choices you can when you eat and stay active. My belly started poking out at like 11 weeks from all the bloat and never really went down, just got replaced by uterus, which looks more convincing than gas. I am a slow shower, just started to peek out as in my profile pic 2 weeks ago. People are still surprised to find out I’m pregnant.

Welcome Terri – Sorry to hear about the head cold. It seems like it doesn’t take much to wipe pregnant women out, that’s been a recurring theme! Hopefully the weight will balance out for you, it often does.

mpederson – I know where you’re coming from, it’s frightening to work so hard to lose and then watch the pounds jump on despite eating right and exercising! Things slowed down a bit for me so hopefully they will for you as well. I don’t know if I could purposely steer a deer onto my DH’s side, fortunately I live in N cali and am unlikely to encounter one. Glad you’re all ok

Destiny – have a great time on your adventure! Hopefully you will catch up on your sleep before you hit the road!

Jalyn – Is the OIT thing something separate for DH or does it mean he’s closer to getting that job he wanted? Will he be able to visit? Hopefully someone else will come into help with the baby room and hopefully the baby doesn’t come early! Are the contractions in your upper upper belly or at the top of your uterus (should be able to feel where your uterus is). If they are uterine I would slow down the pace or stop and make sure you are well hydrated. It’s happened to me once or twice, but it’s considered a warning sign you’re overdoing it so be careful.

Emily – welcome! It’s nice to see new faces, especially ones close to my due date! Are you looking to gain less than the typical 25lb this pregnancy because of your starting weight or is your gain unintentionally low? Glad you’re feeling better, hope your energy levels continue to soar!

travelgirl – the new recommendations are if your bmi is in the obese category you don’t have to gain at all, otherwise 10-15lbs if overweight. If your ticker is up to date you’re doing fantastic, so congratulations! The NYC trip sounds like fun, enjoy!

Lysanne - Welcome! OMG I know where you are coming from! I was on MFP trying to lose the weight from my miscarriage when I got pregnant and definitely hated veggies and craved simple carbs which seem to make me gain even when I am counting calories. I gained 10lbs eating maintenance. I have been eating maintenance calories to make up for it and things slowed down a bit, but I went on a weekend vacation and gained 6lbs despite exercise and watching what I ate and it never left me! Since then I've been on or below maintenance still with patches of overnight weight gain that STAY. I am +17-18 now in my book. DH says he only noticed my stomach getting bigger, but my thighs and hips have definitely spread and it's upsetting so I definitely know how you feel. Things will get better and even out I'm sure!

AFM - Went to the OB yesterday and felt a lot better. Because I instantly gained weight on becoming preggo by the time my OB saw me I was already up 6lbs, so in her book I have only gained 12lbs more than halfway through and she wants me to gain 30. When I expressed concern she said she couldn't even see where my weight had gone and if I look at her waiting room I'll realize I'm a model patient. :smile: The baby is also not growing out of control, I measured perfect for dates and my BP is still low. I still don't want to gain more than 25-30 based on MY scale, but boy am I hoping there is a lot of water weight! So much for being able to eat more when you're pregnant, eh? She also thinks a lot of my gain may be poop so if things don't improve with a new regimen we discussed I might need to get an x-ray of my belly. She says it's safe and I know it is, but I'd like to avoid it. I booked myself to get a colonic next week with the hopes this will help me get cleaned out, I'm also going to eat as clean as I can and take probiotics!

Goals this week:

- 5 servings of fruits and veggies
    - 1 liter + of water
    - limit sugar other than fruits
    - strength and or cardio 5-6 times per week
    - eat to maintain my weight (I wanna do this until 3rd tri if I can)

Melissa
    23 weeks 3 days (+18? :sick: )
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    When I got my NT scan, the tech mentioned that I have an anterior placenta, so I guess it may take some time to feel the baby. Anybody been there before. As far as I know, I did not have it with my first! I swear I have felt some twitches.....or wishful thinking!

I'm not in my second trimester yet, but wanted to respond to you. I had an anterior placenta with my first and like you said, it just means your baby is taking a backseat to your placenta. :smile: It usually takes a bit longer to feel movement, but you will still feel it and it will still feel amazing. But since this is your second pregnancy it might not take that much longer to feel movement. One huge positive is later on in your pregnancy you probably won't get those hurtful kicks (at least I didn't with my first, but did with my second when my placenta was posterior).
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Well, I will check in real quickly while dinner is on...
    I did good with workouts -- every day last week...not so good on logging food...and also not worrying about the scale as much...kinda. I will weigh tomorrow AM when I get up. I was up 14.5 lbs as of last Wed, so hoping that things are stable since I am working out a lot and staying in range of eating. Even on the days without logging I know I am safe and have not gone over thanks to super healthy eating and good workouts...days when I ate a ton I made sure to log. however, I haven't worked out since Friday. I am on Spring break and have been doing serious deep cleaning and prepping the nursery
    I will post an U/S pic tomorrow, and catch up some more.
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! I hope that you're all having a great day so far!

Sarah (travelgirl) - Sorry to hear about the allergies, I hear it's going to be a rough year for them due to the mild winter that we had! They've never really bothered me too badly, but they really got to my little one last year, but only for a couple of weeks, thank goodness! He was so pitiful! Have fun in NYC, I'm jealous! I would love to go and see the sights :)

Lysanne - Hello! So glad to hear that you are feeling better :) Try not to worry too much about the weight gain, it will be ok :) Now that you are back to eating healthier, I'm sure that your weight will balance out a little! I'm a frequent eater too, I have to eat something every couple of hours otherwise I starve! lol! I just try to pick healthy options most of the time, although I still splurge sometimes :)

Melissa - Yep, our babies are due just a few days apart aren't they?! Do you know what you are having, or is it a surprise? My original due date was 4th July, but then changed to the 10th! Glad to hear that baby is measuring perfectly and that the BP is good :) You do so amazing on your exercise, I'm such a sloth compared to you! Good luck with your colonic! Have you had one before? My weight gain is unintentionally low, and 5lbs of it has been in the last 3.5 weeks! I started out weighing more than I would have liked, my BMI was still in the normal range, but closer to the top end of the spectrum than the bottom! Once I got back on MFP I ate maintenance calories, then raised it to gain 1/2lb after I started my second trimester. Some days I'm a little over, some days a little under, so I guess it all kind of balances out, although I do need to watch my fat and sugar a bit more, but I don't mind too much if I go over because of 'healthy fats' and sugar from fruit. I gained 39lbs with my first son, and it took me a long time to lose it, so I've been aiming for closer to the 25lb mark. My doctors office actually only recommends a 20 - 30lb weight gain, which I've never really seen before, all I've ever heard is the standard 25 - 35lbs, unless you are underweight, overweight, or multiple births!

Mrs. Jax - Great job with the exercising and healthy eating! I hope that you have a great spring break and get everything accomplished that you want to :)

AFM - Still feeling a little lazy, will get my butt into gear today though! I really need for this stuffy nose to go away, and this morning I have a little bit of as cough again, what the hey?!

Have a great day everyone!