Like-Minded-Lushes-April 2012

Options

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Robin, good luck, and welcome to box wine;) what kind did you get?

I had my first zero in over a month!
    Sunday=0

Friday I had two beers at happy hour and went home and drank but I don't remember what.

Saturday I split a bottle of red, then I had a rum and coke, and three beers at a show, one more on the walk home.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Wine last night and it was one of those kinds of hangovers where I had a decent amount of wine but really just felt tired and no hangover today. Sometimes if I drink with a hangover it takes all of maybe 1 or 2 glasses of wine before it hits me. Weird.

Back to 0 today. I might try and not have drinks at the comedy club on Thursday but we'll see what happens. There will be lots on Friday and Saturday and Sunday we're going out for Easter brunch so we'll see about drinks.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello, hello, fellow lushes!!! I have been very MIA lately...we just bought our first house & moving & everything has been crazy. Needless to say, I've been super unhealthy. Oops. I intended to go to the Y tonight, but I think that I'm going to stop by the liquor store, buy some beer....and go home & do my kickboxing DVD. The KU game starts at 8:23 & I need to be all settled in to watch my Jayhawks kick some *kitten* (hopefully!).

Anyway, happy April!! Can't believe spring is already here!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Saturday I split a bottle of red, then I had a rum and coke, and three beers at a show, one more on the walk home.

I do that as well...then, I wonder why I do that.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Bgrune...congrats on the new home...give details!! It's Kentuky that you are from, right? It's one of my favorite states to visit.

Kate, I just had Pineapple soaked vodka on ice and that was really good. They soak it was 2 weeks. Here's my cosmo recipe: 2 shots kettleone, 1 shot triple sec, 1 shot fresh lime juice, splash of cranberry - or - pomegranite juice served with an orange slice. If they are too strong, do 1 shot vodka and 2 shots triple sec.

Robin, I hope you kicked some interview *kitten*.
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    New to this group.. someone suggested I join after an "I love beer" conversation I started. Last week was bad... I drank almost every evening out of stress and boredom pretty much. Usually it is only Thursday and Saturday evenings but got a little crazy last week. I am attempting to drink much less this week... not going to hold my breath though, I am already craving a BEER!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Blah, fiancé still isn't home and I'm starving. Trying to stop myself from getting a glass of wine but it would really help with this insane hunger since it suppresses my appetite.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Meh, chalking this up to a lushy holiday week. At least I'll be good on food :smile: and water.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OOOO, Kat...try and hold out!!

Monday, 0

^^^ I have a zero...whoot, whoot
  • Kat120285
    Options
    OOOO, Kat...try and hold out!!

Monday, 0

^^^ I have a zero...whoot, whoot

I caved. It's my rest week in between rounds of P90X anyway so I'll be good starting next week when I start another round :smile: Plus red wine is good for my heart :wink:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I bought Black Box chard. It is okay. My dad has always bought really cheap box wine like Almeden and stuff so I never thought very highly of it. But this is a little better than that.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    nisijam...we do love our house. It's 3 years old...and has 3 bedrooms/3 full baths. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Sooooooo much better than apartment living!! :)

I'm actually from Kansas. Born and raised Kansas girl, so I'm rooting on my KU Jayhawks. I hope Kentucky goes DOWN!!!! LOL...but seriously. I'm paying they lose, even if it's only by a point! I love my KU...I bleed blue & red! :)
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I'd take Almeden over Franzia but I like The Big Green Box or Black Box.

Well you might think it's the weekend, I'm feeling good from my red wine, fiancé is asleep and "we're" watching a movie. A sappy side note, I look at him sleeping and I cannot wait to call him my husband. I came across something the other day and it made me realize even more that Kyle is my forever.

It was a pin that a said "Don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him."

He's the only man I've ever been with intimately and I'm proud of that but also, even after 8+ years of dating and only being 26 he still makes me laugh so hard I cry :heart: Not many if any other people can do that to me.

He's making a change in his career so that he can spend more time at home not just once we're married but more importantly when we have kids which won't be long after being married. His mom tried to say marriage is different and I'm sure it is but we've already been together for over 8 years and we already own a home so really the only difference will be that it's officially legal. I cannot wait to have my amazing wedding band on with my gorgeous engagement ring and say "Oh, this is my husband" :smile: :heart:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    nisijam...we do love our house. It's 3 years old...and has 3 bedrooms/3 full baths. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! Sooooooo much better than apartment living!! :)

I'm actually from Kansas. Born and raised Kansas girl, so I'm rooting on my KU Jayhawks. I hope Kentucky goes DOWN!!!! LOL...but seriously. I'm paying they lose, even if it's only by a point! I love my KU...I bleed blue & red! :)

Uh oh, have to go against a fellow lush, going for Kentucky because if they win then Kyle has a chance to win $540 .... guys and their sports brackets/pools.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Lol. I can't go against my team. I want Kentucky to go down SO BADLY!!!! I despise them!!! ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK....GO KU!!!! :)
  • bgrune131
    Options
    However, I don't like going against a fellow lush either ;) That's a good amount of money!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    However, I don't like going against a fellow lush either ;) That's a good amount of money!!!

Haha see my dilemma?! Still lush friends ? =]

Having more wine right now and watching How I Met Your Mother ... yes I am addicted to this show at the moment.
  • bgrune131
    Options
    TOTALLY still lush friends!!! And...I will probably drink more beer then I even anticipated tonight!! My poor boys...they can't make a shot worth ****!!! I need to turn it off! You have the right idea...

I LOVE How I Met Your Mother!! My hubby and I watch that together...that is one of our "together" shows. LOL. Lame, I know...but it's soooooo funny & I LOVE Barney!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Congrats, Kat, hope your husband won his money!! I know he'll be a lot happier than I am right now! LOL
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I limited my drinking and did great most of March but then went to the Carolina Cup Horse races this past Saturday. Between my husband and I we drank 2 18 packs :o