Stage 1

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,959 Member
    Options
    95 lbs is seriously heavy (imho) for Stage 1, dande - so good for you! You'll see the results. mathlete posted this on the "daily chat thread":

http://mealsandmiles.com/

Worth the read - if you want to read a blog from someone who completed ALL 7 stages (with photos!).
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I was getting ready for work this morning and was checking my hair before I got dressed. As I was looking at the back of my head with the hand held mirror, I noticed something strange...deltoids! They're AWESOME! :love:

wheeee!
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    95 lbs is seriously heavy (imho) for Stage 1, dande - so good for you! You'll see the results. mathlete posted this on the "daily chat thread":

Worth the read - if you want to read a blog from someone who completed ALL 7 stages (with photos!).

Just a quick peek at that link - and I will admit - I sure hope I see MORE results than that with that kind of a time investment. She looks good, don't get me wrong! But if I were her I would have hoped for more muscular definition. ??
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! I was getting ready for work this morning and was checking my hair before I got dressed. As I was looking at the back of my head with the hand held mirror, I noticed something strange...deltoids! They're AWESOME! :love:

LOL!!! I did the exact same thing two weeks ago - caught a glimpse and then I quick got out my camera and took a picture! LOL I was in awe at how my back was taking shape! So be sure you take a picture!! It is such a great feeling!!
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Day off from weights today, but I taught my spin class. I did tone down the intensity today, forcing myself to keep watts below 200. I ended up averaging 197, so that's pretty good (for a slacker, ha). Thursday I will try to push myself (ha--weird) to keep it even lower; maybe the 180s. This is bizarre to push the members to keep the watts up whilst forcing myself into a recovery ride.

I am still completely exhausted though . . . will keep pushing through -- just 4 more workouts in stage 1. I'm very pleased with my increase in weights, but bummed about my lack of energy.

I'm almost positive I will switch to stronglifts instead of doing stage 2. Perhaps the shorter workouts combined with lower-intensity spin will help me get my energy back.

congrats on all the great progress everyone is making!
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Way to go ladies with all of your awesome progress! Now who's coming to join me in Stage 2?
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options

LOL!!! I did the exact same thing two weeks ago - caught a glimpse and then I quick got out my camera and took a picture! LOL I was in awe at how my back was taking shape! So be sure you take a picture!! It is such a great feeling!!

I'll be taking pics at the end of my last Stage 1 workout...next Monday! :happy:
  • Phoenix59
    Options
    Way to go ladies with all of your awesome progress! Now who's coming to join me in Stage 2?

I'll be starting Stage 2 on April 30. :smile:
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I should be there around May 14th. I might only do one AMRAP and then take a week break.

When should I take pics? As soon as I am finished with stage 1 or after a week break and right as I start stage 2?
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 results from work out A AMRAP
    squats from 30 to 95 am rap 35@30
    push ups from a 75 degree angle to a 45 am rap 25
    seated row from 50 to 110 amrap 40@50
    step ups from 2 aerobes blocks to 7 amrap 20 @ 7 blocks
    measurements lost 6.5 total
    neck .5"
    bust 2.5"
    arms 1"
    hips 1"
    thigh no change
    calf .5"
    shoudler 1"

I couldn't be happier with these results! Cant wait for workout B AMRAP and on to stage 2.
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB Jamie! I would be thrilled with those results as well.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I'll be in stage three then the upper stage are only 3-4 weeks. I take my pictures the same day every month but I know a lot of people do it at the end of every stage.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hit 100# on my squat and rows. Hopefully I can push to 100# on my deadlift and improve on my lat pull tonight.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Hit 100# on my squat and rows. Hopefully I can push to 100# on my deadlift and improve on my lat pull tonight.

congrats! those lat pull-downs are the hardest thing for me. Been stuck at 50# for 2 workouts.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I finished Stage 1 Sunday night! I'm experiencing some unpleasant joint pain due to a condition I have, so I'm opting out of AMRAPs. I am going to take the week off. I peeked ahead at Stage 2 and it's kind of intimidating with all these balancing acts. But I thought the same thing about Stage 1 before I tried it.

I ended up lowering my weights a little the past couple workouts and I ended up having much better form than I did when the weights were too heavy. I went from 90# to 80# on the squats and I was able to lower myself much more. Did the same for deadlifts and it finally felt like I was doing them right.
  • Jessica1274
    Jessica1274 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Finished 5B this morning.

Romanian Deadlift 75
    Dumbell Shoulder Press 12.5 db
    Lat pull down 50
    Lunges 10 db
    Crunches on ball 10lb plate

My trainer suggested I do the Romanian deadlifts instead of the regular deadlifts because of my back issues. He felt I would be less likely to lose form. I think he is right. I'm much more comfortable with these. Regular deadlifts really worried me.
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Jamie - great job, those are fantastic results!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Beeps, thanks for the encouragement and that link. Agree with MrsRip that she didn't end up with that much definition, but I like the results she got, so it's good to see a positive end result (another one, that is). And, she did cardio (a lot) and didn't eat a strict diet...

Jamie--awesome results! Congrats

Realrayne: Yay for the big 100! I"m hoping to deadlift 100 tomorrow. We'll see.

Jessica--nice!

So, bad news from my doctor yesterday--the nagging foot pain I've had for nearly a year is "bone inflammation." Won't know the real deal until I see him on Monday, but I may have to wear a cast-boot for a while. So, I'll have to figure out what that will mean for my workouts... Hopefully, it won't impact them too much. I may be able to modify some moves. But what a pain!
  • Phoenix59
    Options
    Finished 7B this morning and was able to add weight to my deadlifts...95 lbs.! I still can't get past 20 lbs. dumbbells for the presses, but did 60 lb. lat pulldowns and 30 lb db for lunges. I'm also doing 20 lbs. for swiss ball crunches.

Duh! Just occurred to me to use the 45 lb. oly bar for presses! Ugh!

Oh, well...I'm a happy camper with my progress.:smile:
  • aliciakay3086
    aliciakay3086 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Please do not judge NROLFW from this girl's experience with it. She did WAY more cardio than the program recommends - she was really very selective about what aspects of the program she followed. Her diet is also not reflective of even the most general recommendations of the book. HUGE grain of salt needed here.

Just a quick peek at that link - and I will admit - I sure hope I see MORE results than that with that kind of a time investment. She looks good, don't get me wrong! But if I were her I would have hoped for more muscular definition. ??