Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Breakfast in The ZONE! (and it's my standard "rush-pack for work" breccy too! :bigsmile: )

Oh, and this is my "35 days in a row" day, so I get an extra point for that too :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Great job today BeeJ. I am headed to yoga class tonight...after a nice morning walk and PT. Have a great day everyone!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'd like to join this challenge on your team if that's possible! I'm a Pottermore sorted Hufflepuff so of course I want to be in this house :3
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! I'd like to join this challenge on your team if that's possible! I'm a Pottermore sorted Hufflepuff so of course I want to be in this house :3

Yea...welcome!!! I am Karen and our Head of House is Molly_Louise. I will send you a message shortly with the rules etc. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. You can post your starting weight in the May spreadsheet and start counting OWLS, NEWTS and House Points! Our weeks run Sunday through Sat with weigh in from Sat to Mon each week.
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Just a quick, very late post from me!

Kind reminder that all of this weekends weights are to be posted in the April spreadsheet by tonight. Thanks!

Hope you're all well. I will make a proper post tomorrow :)
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
    I know I did! The baby and I took a vacation with friends to Disney World!!! It was her first time. And even though I didn't log, I tried to watch the amount of junk going in. And I know I drank 10+ bottles of 24oz water bottles. It was HOT!

Still not weighing in. i'm trying to stay away from the scale until I notice a difference in myself. :) Otherwise that number might depress me.

Hope everyone is doing awesome! I'm off to input number into the spreadsheet now. :D

Go Hufflepuff!

Edit: Oh dear, am I too late to update for last week? I can only get the spread for may...
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I know I did! The baby and I took a vacation with friends to Disney World!!! It was her first time. And even though I didn't log, I tried to watch the amount of junk going in. And I know I drank 10+ bottles of 24oz water bottles. It was HOT!

Still not weighing in. i'm trying to stay away from the scale until I notice a difference in myself. :) Otherwise that number might depress me.

Hope everyone is doing awesome! I'm off to input number into the spreadsheet now. :D

Go Hufflepuff!

Edit: Oh dear, am I too late to update for last week? I can only get the spread for may...

April - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCoTRlaFXkodDZXZ2hZLUhlUEpKODdaSEhXR0FBWUE#gid=0

:)
  • BMcC9
    Options

Welcome! :flowerforyou: You joining means I'm not "the very newest Hufflepuff anymore :laugh: (I've been a member of this House for just about a week now) This a a terrific bunch, and very welcoming / encouraging!
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Go Hufflepuff!

April - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkCoTRlaFXkodDZXZ2hZLUhlUEpKODdaSEhXR0FBWUE#gid=0

:)

Thanks. Hope I got it in in time!!!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    hello huffles, It has been a long, long time since I have posted. I didn't log anything for a few weeks, and with a nudge, nudge from MSRobinson, I realized I needed to start logging again. However, because I was so sporadic in my exercise I thought I didn't want to "hurt" the house more than I "helped' it, so I haven't posted. I received a message from CarolinaGirl--thank you Carolina for giving me another nudge. Today is perfect timing, new week, new month...so I have posted on the spreadsheet. It looks like I have missed a lot. Molly is now HOH, congrats Molly. Hopefully Queeda is still here. Just want to say again, thanks for all of the support that you all give, I love being a Hufflepuff 8 ) --Suzie
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Ahaha thanks everyone for your warm welcomes! I've signed my name on that sheet, I'm so excited! Weighing in tomorrow though for a more accurate weight (I have already ate and exercised today so it'd be off from when I usually weigh myself).

Hope everyone does well and that we all smash our goals out of the water :) Looking forward to seeing how this all goes, sort of my first challenge of this sorts.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    I unlocked Expert (10 min) Rhyuthm Boxing last night! (Wii Fit Plus, for those who don't know). More later.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

I'm grump 'cause I'm HUNGY, and not sure why. It's not like I'm eating less than usual! I'll try a cupa Peppermint tea, to tide me over 'til mini-apple and cheese-string pm snack.

And today is Day 1 of "Lose 5 pounds in May" challenge! Whata Way To Start!!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello everyone (new and old peeps). i just wanted to say i'm sorry for being MIA i've have some massive family drama playing out the last couple of weeks which has thrown me completely off my game. Anyway, I'm back and ready to participate fully in the house. I really missed you guys.
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I hope you're all well. I ducked out of things for a while - been going through some stuff...you know how it is. I'm not mended yet but it's probably time I started attending Hogwarts again - thanks to carolinagirl for the message :smile:

I haven't weighed myself in so long, I will try and do it tomorrow. So far this week I have been swimming, twice to the gym and once doing a Gillian Michaels DVD with my sister.

Incidentally, she's on lots of medication for lots of stuff (she had breast cancer and is now in remission but she has mood pills and blood pills, migraine injections and wotnot) and she seems to be putting on weight which is making her feel quite crap about herself. I'm sure it's mainly because of the meds but does anyone have any tips for combating this? It's a long shot but we work out so often, it must be really disheartening for her. Any suggestions appreciated.

Also hello to all the new people I haven't met yet :glasses:
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options

-My son is 'delayed' mainly in reading & writing. He excels in Math, Science, and Social Studies (when he doesn't have to write the answer). I meet with the 'Team' - which includes 7 people from his teacher to the school nurse. They have recommended that he starts occupational therapy for his handwriting (in addition to his speech therapy, reading help, & the 'feelings' teachers - as he calls her! - that he already does) also they are going to test him for austim. He is not the 'typical' case. He is very affectionate and will make eye contact (not just as often with adults). If it isn't some disorder, I worry that I 'messed' him up by moving 300 miles away, or if his father's death is affecting him more than I know, etc -What have I done wrong?! Whatever the case is, he is getting as much extra help as he can, this school is truly amazing. I will keep doing what I always have and if I am told I am doing something wrong I will fix it... I think most the time he is just STUBBORN! Wish they could 'cure' that! :0)

Hey Jenn, I hope you're ok. The school your boy goes to sounds great - I work with young people who offend and many of them have learning needs. There are lots of different variations on autism, and I'd say it's unusual to find a 'typical' case; most people have a few autistic traits and the reason it's so difficult to recognise autism in most people is because it's not like the measles, where it's obvious what's wrong - it's more subtle. But there is value in trying to get his needs assessed early so that there is time to understand what is needed and how best to help him find strategies and appropriate emotional outlets.

It's true that moving house and berievement can be highly stressful for anyone - particularly children but with the right support, I'm sure the boy will be just fine :wink: By the sound of it, you and the teachers at school are doing all in your power to help him. Don't feel that you're doing anything wrong, I think you're a wonderful person :heart:
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options

....I think you're a wonderful person :heart:

Blush! Thanks! He has already starting some 'testing'... It is hard to get any daily details out of the kid, but I managed to get that Monday he meet with 'a guy' and did pattern block, he was read a story, etc... Sounded like some cognitive development sort of things - But I have no idea. I am grateful for the staff at the new school. It truly is one of the best schools in IL - I worry that if we stayed in our small town that they would have never picked up on any issues, or would have wanted him on ADD/ADHD drugs without looking deeper into the issue.
  • BMcC9
    Options

I'm grump 'cause I'm HUNGY, and not sure why. It's not like I'm eating less than usual! I'll try a cupa Peppermint tea, to tide me over 'til mini-apple and cheese-string pm snack.

And today is Day 1 of "Lose 5 pounds in May" challenge! Whata Way To Start!!

reading the various posts between my earlier one (quoted) and this one makes me feel humble. The worst thing i had going on today was a growly tummy making me grumpy.

Welcome back, all :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I am one of the newbies you haven't met yet (just joined Hufflepuff House last week)

My good news is .... I didn't do anything "silly" about it even though there is a Tim Horton's in one direction across the street from my office, a convenience store (chocolate bars, chips, cans of soda etc) in the other direction across the street, and a grocery store just down the block. I just drank 2 cups of tea (one before and one after the pm apple and cheese snack - then ate 2 rice cakes.

My regular supper put me just barely over my regular "default calorie allotment" of 1200, and that is BEFORE adding in the exercise of waling my dog and going to Boot Camp Class.
  • skinnysuzie
    Options
    hello everyone (new and old peeps). i just wanted to say i'm sorry for being MIA i've have some massive family drama playing out the last couple of weeks which has thrown me completely off my game. Anyway, I'm back and ready to participate fully in the house. I really missed you guys.

Nice to 'see' you again dani, hope things are going better for you. Yes, we all have things that throw us off track temporarily, the important thing is that we come back and don't let it side rail us permanently, so ((hugs)) , we are both back this week 8 )
  • skinnysuzie
    Options

....I think you're a wonderful person :heart:

Blush! Thanks! He has already starting some 'testing'... It is hard to get any daily details out of the kid, but I managed to get that Monday he meet with 'a guy' and did pattern block, he was read a story, etc... Sounded like some cognitive development sort of things - But I have no idea. I am grateful for the staff at the new school. It truly is one of the best schools in IL - I worry that if we stayed in our small town that they would have never picked up on any issues, or would have wanted him on ADD/ADHD drugs without looking deeper into the issue.

Hope all goes well with your son, Bumflap is right, the earlier he can get help the better the outcome will be. Where does he go to school? My daughter teaches in Chicago.