Hufflepuff Common Room

Options

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary of the Day Voldemort Kicked the Bucket! Also, RIP half the Wizarding World. Let's have a moment of Wrock for them all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1JfwCpjVw
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    Love Bronwenhilary's "Hogwart's Express" van! LOL!! Will have official moment of mourning later in the day.

Breakfast clocked in within NEWT acceptable % range (I am really on a roll with this one!) and seem to be over the hungry-grumps.

For those who are newly back - I\m not usually posting like a cat caught in the rain. Sorry that was my first post you would have seen

Meow, Kitties
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well with your son, Bumflap is right, the earlier he can get help the better the outcome will be. Where does he go to school? My daughter teaches in Chicago.

He goes to Burley... Lakeview (Ashland & Barry).
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary of the Day Voldemort Kicked the Bucket! Also, RIP half the Wizarding World. Let's have a moment of Wrock for them all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1JfwCpjVw

Wahoo, best day of the year! We should all swarm the streets in cloaks and let owls fly free again XD
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Today, for the first time, I managed to do 2 consecutive lots of 15 on the converging shoulder press machine! I am getting stronger :glasses:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Today, for the first time, I managed to do 2 consecutive lots of 15 on the converging shoulder press machine! I am getting stronger :glasses:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Way to BEEEE!
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Hufflepuffs! We won the house cup for the month of April. Well done everyone! Also a special congrats to Lisa who blew the competition away for title of head girl with over 5000 activity points for the month of April!

It is great to hear from everyone again. I missed all of you as well! I am glad to hear despite everything going on things are settling down for a lot of folks!

Busy day planned...finally made it through my mountain of emails at work. I knew there was a reason I hated being away from work! I had over 500 emails to sort through...yikes! Have a great day everyone! Friday can't come fast enough for me!
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Thanks, that helps me too!!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Thanks, that helps me too!!

Guys, this thread always has the links to the spreadsheets:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/543452-check-in-spreadsheet-info

It's ALWAYS on page 2 of the group threads.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Breakfast on target again! (but a little bit of over then under then over log testing till I settled on Just The Right last element :laugh:

My 10 min extra yesterday was the Wii Fit Plus Rhythm Boxing (Expert - 10mins) BOY it moves faster than the two lower levels, and leaves your shoulders thinking "WHA' HOPPEN'D???" Since upper body (and core) are the parts that need the most work - this was a great thing to get open!
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    Breakfast on target again! (but a little bit of over then under then over log testing till I settled on Just The Right last element :laugh:

My 10 min extra yesterday was the Wii Fit Plus Rhythm Boxing (Expert - 10mins) BOY it moves faster than the two lower levels, and leaves your shoulders thinking "WHA' HOPPEN'D???" Since upper body (and core) are the parts that need the most work - this was a great thing to get open!

That game sounds awesome. I really want a Wii fit ahh :( That sounds like a great work out.
  • BMcC9
    Options

That game sounds awesome. I really want a Wii fit ahh :( That sounds like a great work out.

If you don't have a Wii and balance board yet, check out places like ebay and kijiji if looking for used and on a budget. If new, you might get it faster through Shoppers Drug Mart than an electronics specialty store - but google-cataloge around for the best price. The balance board comes with the Wii Fit Plus Software (if you already have the Wii itself)

Let me know when you have one (if you get one) and I can point you at some games AND some MFP Groups that cater to specific games (like WiiFit4Life Group)
  • Jenn_W
    Jenn_W Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have my gym orientation tonight at X-Sports... I think that is what it is. I have my wonderful little folder with my New Rules of Lifting for Women (aka NROL4W) all organized and ready to go... Hopefully, I can take notes on where the equipment is so I don't wander around the free weight section too long! I plan on bringing the Kindle Fire with me (if they have wi-fi) so I can youtube an exercise if I need help...
    I am super excited to get back into lifting! I was a beast in High School! I dated the QB for a bite and could squat as much as him... This chick has some massive legs! Upper body... Not really! I am worried about 'rest-days' since I bike to work... I hope I don't kick it too hard that it makes riding my bike hard!
    BTW - Have I spoken lately about how much I LOVE riding my bike! Saturday the kid & I ran to the store, I had been a bum all day - but the moment I got on my bike was literary one of those 'Ah-Ha' moments! Getting into the saddle made me smile... It was instead happiness, even if it was a total of 5 mins on the bike... It spread through the rest of my evening... I LOVE MY BIKE!

Yay! Almost Friday!! I am soooo ready for the weekend... plus I have this stupid head cold/ sinus-allgery mess going on... Ugh! I would love to sleep it off!
  • Molly_Louise
    Molly_Louise Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi guys!

Sorry for the second week I haven't been too active. It's great to see we won the House Cup - go us!! Well done everyone, it was very well deserved IMO.

Welcome back to our 'old' Huffles. It's great to have you back!

I definitely recommend the wii fit, it's such a great workout and you don't feel like you're even working out, just that you're having fun so I recommend it highly!
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    hello again newbies and oldies but goodies. i got in trouble for being online on too many "non" work related sites so i'm only able to get on at home till i get my new to me refurbished mac book. i've found a walking buddy at work and we try to walk 20 minutes in the morning and afternoon some days it's not possible but we try. i've been wearing my pedometer (a fitbug) and have been getting at least over 7500 per day. i don't chart it on MFP just my minutes because i just plug my pedometer into my computer and it uploads it automatically to the fitbug site. i get points from this program my work participates in to get people more active and healthy.

last weekend, i went to famous dave's bar b que, i don't know if anyone else has ever been but dang good vingery and peppery bbq. i realized that if i want to eat i want to eat good food/foodie/gourmet type foods so i've been trying to make better food choices but it's still rough. i did resist all the junk food in the office today, one victory.

@skinny- glad you're back too. the drama hasn't passed by at least my sister is talking to me.

@jenn- you and you're son are headed in the right direction. i'll be praying for you both.

speaking of praying, since i've been having all these family drama i've been doing more if it. i find it's especially helpful in stopping me when i want to do some emotional eating. who knew right?

good night all. have a wonderful friday.
  • skinnysuzie
    skinnysuzie Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Huffles, i have had a good week so far,doing well with diet and exercise, so even if the scale doesn't budge, my health overall is better because of it. Hope to carry this goodness through the weekend. My mom is making corned beef and cabbage for dinner this weekend complete with ice cream and cake for me uncle's birthday, so it will be challenging. Hope everyone is able to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we have been having. Till tomorrow....
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Happy Friday Huffles, i have had a good week so far,doing well with diet and exercise, so even if the scale doesn't budge, my health overall is better because of it. Hope to carry this goodness through the weekend. My mom is making corned beef and cabbage for dinner this weekend complete with ice cream and cake for me uncle's birthday, so it will be challenging. Hope everyone is able to get outside and enjoy this beautiful weather we have been having. Till tomorrow....

re "doing well with diet and exercise, so even if the scale doesn't budge ... " bit. Even if the scale doesn't budge, are your clothes a bit looser? Inches around down? A pound of fat replaced by a pound of muscle weighs the same, but takes up WAY less room! :bigsmile:

Let's hear it for "Less FLUFFY!"

Breakfast as in acceptable range yet again .... but ONLY by 4 cals :noway: Lucky I didn't add the berries to the cereal yet before I logged to check the count :laugh:
  • BMcC9
    Options
    Oh, and about the OWLS for extra exercise .... I DID it last night. but ...... remind me NOT to do 30 mins of step aerobics before supper on nights when I have 60 mins of BOOT CAMP after supper I thought i would DIE :sad: (or at least my legs would :wink: ) before it was over!
  • keyboardwench
    Options
    I never thought about looking on kijiji for a wii, that's a great idea! I would love to have one, it'd be a lot of fun, but ugh at this time I'm going to have to wait until I get a summer job. Still waiting! Soon though, that'd be great to join that mfp group, sounds like a wonderful idea.

Ouch! @BMcC9! That's a killer work out, well done! Are you sore today?