Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! I can't see the pic though :frown:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Not sure why it is not showing up for you. I posted in my profile photos if you want to take a look.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    saw it there.
    i'm not much of a dessert fan..but it looks really good!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Went to Margaritas for lunch now having homemade margaritas at home while the future husband makes green and white asparagus risotto with thai grilled chicken .... I LOVE that he is such a good cook =]

Took the pup to the vet yesterday and it's nothing serious, basically a tummy bug. She's seeming much, much better today. She's actually eating her dry food and not throwing up and she seems like herself again :smile:

Went out to dinner with the fiancés parents last night and came home to quite the mess from the sick one. I was exhausted due to the booze haha and just wanted to get in bed so we went to bed super early. I had a bottle of champagne in bed while the fiancé had scotch in his awesome new glasses I bought him. I had started Hocus Pocus and lit my apple cider candle but he doesn't love that movie as much as I do (I don't think anyone does) so we popped in Justified and fell asleep :smile:

This coming week is a "rest" week so I'll just ride the bike for an hour each day but I think I'm going to do a 3 day Shakeology cleanse starting Monday.

Happy Drinko de Mayo to all my lovely lushes! Hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend :drinker:
  • Kat120285
    Options
    We went to bed early for us last night, around 11pm so I felt great this morning. We are currently smoking brisket for dinner and making cheesy risotto as well as savoy cabbage gratin. I thought about working out today but it's been absolutely gorgeous so to me spending time out on the deck with all 5 fur babies seemed more worth it =] I've been sipping wine for a couple hours now, actually sipping not my normal just drinking it like it's any other drink which I totally get from my uncle haha. He doesn't sip drinks just gulps them down. Have my water in check too so it's been a great, relaxing Sunday so far :smile:

Noticed the board is quiet today so I hope you're all having a wonderful Sunday :flowerforyou:
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Drank far too much last night, didn't even log it all. Felt rubbish this morning for my gym trip but stayed on the treadmill to run 5k instead of my usual 5 minute warm up. I'm sure there's a link as last time I had that strange urge was after a night of heavy drinking, The alcohol must have still been affecting my head as it's not something I'd normally choose to do :laugh: :drinker:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    You're wonder woman yvonne. I'm nothing but a slug after a night of drinking.
    I actually managed to drink moderately for cinco day celebrations...shocking, I know...hence a pretty decent workout today.

There's some tequila lime chipotle chicken marinating for today..along with more sweet corn on the cob soaking..it was so good last night.
    I'm going to sit out on the deck and read my book I didn't finish while on my b-day getaway. Maybe open up some wine. :drinker:

Aren't weekends grand?
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,178 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Lushes...

No drinking today.
    2 black cherry rum and diet yesterday.
    I am going to try to post my pic again to see if it works...
    margaritapie0011.jpg
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Weekends are great SoCal :smile:

It's amazing the difference when I listen to my drink voice and when I ignore it.
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    ZERO today, as well as it should be after Friday and Saturday kill the tequila bottle was so successful. Yeow! :sick:

Diana, that pie looks so good!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    it showed up this time, wolfie.

hiya crazycat. good to see you :)
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    I have never been so glad to find a group of people in my life! I enjoy my cheap-*kitten* wine. I diet. I lose weight and exercise. I drink. I am 54.
    Thank you for being grown ups who are honest!
  • crazycat59
    crazycat59 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi SoCal....thank you! I hope to join in a bit more. LOL I realize that I've got 19 days til my dr. appt. so I am aiming to cut out the booze.....so it'll be a little tough the next few days to maintain a zero.....but it would be so much better for me when I get my check up. lol I said this to myself 2 weeks ago and now it is crunch time. sigh....

And your dinner tonight sounds so delish!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hey Lushes....enjoying a nice vodka soda atm...I was able to get off at noon today and took a good nap

I'm going for a nice brisk walk around the lake tomorrow, get some housework done and a ballgame in the evening...done deal.

Tuesday is another brutal barre yoga. The body is changing slowly. I am grateful for some of the challenges I am in to keep me going. Yep, jean mini-skirt is not so bad.

Tomorrow, I am shooting for a zero!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Hi SoCal....thank you! I hope to join in a bit more. LOL I realize that I've got 19 days til my dr. appt. so I am aiming to cut out the booze.....so it'll be a little tough the next few days to maintain a zero.....but it would be so much better for me when I get my check up. lol I said this to myself 2 weeks ago and now it is crunch time. sigh....
    LOL that's so funny,. I have a Dr appointment too...i need to get my *kitten* together.
  • JoHo57
    JoHo57 Posts: 31
    Options
    I was upfront with my doctor..told them I had a drink or two in the evenings. My bp is 116/68(last week), and I had lost another two pounds from the last time they saw me. She is not super happy about the concept of my drinking, but after a clean liver test, she doesn't have much to say about it. My health problems are due to advanced arthritis, not bad organs. The only reason I am losing weight is because of the stress on my knees.

The concept that adult people are willing to give up all the vices we have taken on through our years is a great big nasty buger green lie! I may have given up fried foods and smoking, as well as sex since my sweet husband passed away, but I am damned if I am giving up the pleasures of a glass of wine, or sip of whiskey in the evenings...
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Sat - beers and shots
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Friday-3 beers
    Saturday-a couple margaritas, a few orange vodkas and diet and some wine?? Probably some other stuff I don't remember!!!
    Sunday-0...first sunday zero in a LONG time!
    Monday-0
    Gonna try and keep it going until thursday :happy:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had a weekend of good food and good drink but bummer spending. I was getting ready to purchars airfare (first class) to Hawaii for next February but i held off. Good thing because Sunday we had to replace the water heater. That basically took all the money I had on hand for Hawaii. It was enough to make a girl drink so I did. A lovely bottle of Chardonay after many vodka diet gingerales. Saturday I cooked a pork shoulder in tequila, lemon lime and orange juices, chipotle peppers, stock and lemon soda. It turned out so tasty. I served the pulled pork over a sweet potato hash.

the weather yesterday was finally beautiful so we bar b queued chicken for dinner with roasted corn. (hence the bottle of white wine)

So I will be trying to take a break today. I am back out on travel Wednesday but this is a short trip.

I finally got my fitbit up and running. I hope it motivates me a little.

Happy lushing all.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Very lushy weekend

Monday-Thursday- 0
    Friday- about a half bottle of pinot noir
    Saturday- 6 beers and a bottle of wine'
    Sunday- about 3 glasses of wine and 3 corona lites

zeros until Saturday is the plan!