Today im a nerd because...

Options

Replies

• jedibunny
    jedibunny Posts: 321
    Options
    I both used nerd-quality pickup lines in a thread AND specifically requested Star Wars lines to be thrown back at me. Then squealed giddily when they were.
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I have fantasies of someday being able to leap into the air, lock my legs around an opponent's throat, and snap his/her neck. Whilst yelling, "FINISH HIM". Plus, I use "whilst".
  • MehiraDeOro
    MehiraDeOro Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I go to anime conventions <3 and I cosplay

Also I love shows like Dr Who and The Big Bang Theory
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to see the Avengers tomorrow I've been bouncing up and down all day lol
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I logged into my old FICS account, played some games of Fischer Random Chess for the first time, and had a darn good time at it.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    *sigh* ..because I turned down a date so I could spend the day online.
    ..or maybe that just means I'm really not into him :p

I postponed a date once because I had forgotten there was a soccer game on that night. I told him I had a migraine. He was kinda creepy when I met him the next day, so I didn't feel *quite* as bad.

My friend got us Avengers tix for Saturday. Something came up so we can't go tomorrow night. Can't wait!
    I have fantasies of someday being able to leap into the air, lock my legs around an opponent's throat, and snap his/her neck. Whilst yelling, "FINISH HIM". Plus, I use "whilst".

I love the word "whilst" but people always look at me funny when I use it, so I rarely do. I also tend to get funny looks when I say "whom" and "whomever". Oh well.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I said May the 4th be with you to one of my coworkers.... and she looked at me like I had two heads...It's less cool if I have to explain it!

Oh, and AVERGERS TONIGHT! W00t!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I said May the 4th be with you to one of my coworkers.... and she looked at me like I had two heads...It's less cool if I have to explain it!

Oh, and AVERGERS TONIGHT! W00t!

Me to with both us these except my fellow nerdy co-work got the whole May the 4th be with you lol .... This group makes me feel normal lol
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I asked my wife at lunch to borrow her digital camera, she asked why?

I told her so I could take pics of all my 1st edition AD&D books and modules so I could post pics on MFP.
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I asked my wife at lunch to borrow her digital camera, she asked why?

I told her so I could take pics of all my 1st edition AD&D books and modules so I could post pics on MFP.

that's awesome! Played 1st edition about a year ago for the hell of it - times have changed between that and 4th edition!

today I'm a nerd because I'm upset that I can't go see the Avengers tonight because I'm traveling! - BOOO
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    today I'm a nerd because I'm upset that I can't go see the Avengers tonight because I'm traveling! - BOOO

Today I'm a nerd because I am about to see the Avengers for the 4th time lol
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

Today I'm a nerd because I am about to see the Avengers for the 4th time lol

grrrrrrrr
  • maikastar
    maikastar Posts: 78
    Options
    I went to a grocery store earlier to pick up some things for my lunch later tonight for when I go into work. I paused infront of the automatic motion sensing doors and waved my hand pretending I was using the Force to open the sliding door.

I do this too, my kids like to pretend they don't know me when I do.

Me too!
    I alternate that with waving a pen and muttering Alohomora
  • FadedFreckles
    FadedFreckles Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Today I'm a geek because I'm going to crochet some super mario shrooms as a gift for an equally geeky friend.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because last night I had a cinematic dream that involved both Daenerys Targaryen from the George R.R. Martin "Song of Ice and Fire" series AND Peeta from "The Hunger Games" series in the same story. Weird....and geeky....and AWESOME! :tongue:
  • Beastette
    Options
    Today I'm a nerd because last night I had a cinematic dream that involved both Daenerys Targaryen from the George R.R. Martin "Song of Ice and Fire" series AND Peeta from "The Hunger Games" series in the same story. Weird....and geeky....and AWESOME! :tongue:

Let's make this happen somehow...
  • Beastette
    Options
    I went to a grocery store earlier to pick up some things for my lunch later tonight for when I go into work. I paused infront of the automatic motion sensing doors and waved my hand pretending I was using the Force to open the sliding door.

I do this too, my kids like to pretend they don't know me when I do.

Me too!
    I alternate that with waving a pen and muttering Alohomora

Well, now. When my kiddos are doing Supermans in karate (lying prone, arms and legs outstretched as if in flight), they do it so incorrectly (bent at knees and elbows like sick cockroaches) and I quietly point an imaginary wand and whisper "Crucio".
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    I found a closed beta key to The Secret World in my inbox this morning and immediately ran around my apartment complex yelling "Illuminati Bi*ches" ... at 6:30am. >>;;

I've only been waiting (read: "stalking") this game since I saw it at PAX in 09...

....SO HAPPY ; ;
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I found a closed beta key to The Secret World in my inbox this morning and immediately ran around my apartment complex yelling "Illuminati Bi*ches" ... at 6:30am. >>;;

I've only been waiting (read: "stalking") this game since I saw it at PAX in 09...

....SO HAPPY ; ;

I got mine, too! That's what finally got my lazy @$$ out of bed :laugh:
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options

....SO HAPPY ; ;

I got mine, too! That's what finally got my lazy @$$ out of bed :laugh:

YAY :D<3<3 That's awesome! Have you been playing the Facebook game as well? If you do, you get a lot of in-game items easily. :o