Workouts

Options

Replies

• Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2 of Lean Phase and BOY OH BOY! It's hard! I messed around and did a yoga class on Saturday and must have done something to my shoulder. I was not able to lift heavy today at all. Hopefully with another days rest I can get back to my 15-25lb weight range on the exercises. OH and I too hate push ups but I find that I'm getting much better at them and am able to add more regular ones each time!
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Lean was killer. But my abs decided to make an appearance that month :) I like them like that.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Lean was killer. But my abs decided to make an appearance that month :) I like them like that.
    Yay for abs!!

Week 3 of Push/Burn Intervals - 519 calories.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Week 1/Push 2. I don't know why but the "2's" are always the hardest for me--burn 2, push 2, lean 2. Hopefully that means I'll do better this weekend on Push 3.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Yesterday was Week 1/Push 2. I don't know why but the "2's" are always the hardest for me--burn 2, push 2, lean 2. Hopefully that means I'll do better this weekend on Push 3.

Are those shoulders? Shoulder workouts kill me for some reason.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    Week 3 of Push/Circuit 3 w/ Extreme Abs - 470 calories. Extreme Abs is srs bsns :frown:
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I've been lazy about posting in this thread! Today I decided to try Dynamic Flow Yoga. I liked it-- those weighted gloves took their toll after a while! Burned 232 calories.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    Week 4 Push 2 done for the day. Almost done with this phase and excited to do pics and measurements to see my results thus far. Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day.
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Tonight was Week 1/Push 3 for 185 calories. It was MUCH better for me than Push 2. I do better with lower body and chest exercises than I do with all the lateral raises and frontal presses. I actually had 4 exercises where I felt I could go higher than 12lbs, so I finally ordered a pair of 15lb dumbells!
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I completed the 3rd round of BC1 yesterday. I tried to up the weights and I think it helped as I feel some soreness today. I do not like all the lunges, though! Any thoughts on doing stationary lunges (moving up and down but not back to standing) instead?

Today is supposed to be a rest day but I'm going to do Burn it Off since I had an unscheduled off-day on Friday. Maybe I'll also try one of the ab workouts (maybe...).
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just did day one of CLE. I loved the length of the workout, perfect. It was over quicker than I thought :)

I'd like to save up for some of the adjustable weights, though, I have a set of 40 lb barbells, which I used as 5lb weights throughout the workout. It was too light for some of the exercised, so I guess I'll have to start taking weights on and off during the workout. At 5lbs, they look a little funny too since the bars themselves weigh 2.5 lb, I could only put a 2.5 lb on one side.

I ended up having to do the modified push-ups, but I'm hoping to be able to do them on my toes soon. It's one of my main goals for myself. (I can do 2 push-ups on my toes but not at the slow pace that she does them! I collapsed on the floor both times when I tried.)
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Today I started push circuit! Wow! I definitely need to get heavier weights. I have looked around at the stores but haven't found anything yet! I am so excited to see how this month goes. I had such positive results in the first month!
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Round 3 of BC2 is done. My arms are feeling it. I also feel like I got a little better at those blasted Bowler's Lunges but I still don't like 'em.

I still haven't done a full ab workout. This will sound horribly lazy but I really wish she had stuck an ab workout at the end of some of the workouts. By the time I switch DVDs, I've lost a lot of energy, especially after a tough workout.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    So yesterday was Turbo Jam's Fat Blaster (because I like that better than Burn It Off) - 300-something calories and today was Week 4!! of Push/Circuit 1 - 313 calories. I'm not looking forward to Push Circuit 2 this week because I hurt my shoulder doing bench press with the bloody kettle bells last week. :grumble:
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Round 3 of BC2 is done. My arms are feeling it. I also feel like I got a little better at those blasted Bowler's Lunges but I still don't like 'em.

I still haven't done a full ab workout. This will sound horribly lazy but I really wish she had stuck an ab workout at the end of some of the workouts. By the time I switch DVDs, I've lost a lot of energy, especially after a tough workout.

maybe you should do the abs first? if i remember correctly you do the Burn Intervals and then Extreme Abs. Your abs are already tired from those sexy oblique crunches and number 8s. If you did the abs first you wouldn't be out of stamina from all that crazy cardio.

thinking "out loud" here -you could also try a short workout on your rest days of JUST the abs.

I hated switching dvds and would do it before the cool down so that way my heart rate was still up. not to mention if the workout is on the same dvd you can't select "menu" and have to ff thru all the ads.

hope that helps :)

ETA: Lean Circuit has alot of combo moves that use your core. this will help you feel stronger there.
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    So today was Burn 2 (week 1). Lots of push-ups and I was pretty wimpy on those, but boy am I dripping with sweat ;)
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Officially done with the Push circuit. I will do a couple of cardio days and then take my pics and measurements this on Friday, and start the lean phase on Saturday. I am so excited. I ended the Push phase using only 15, 20, 25 and 30lb DBs I am so proud of myself.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome, Cclancaster!

I did my first Lean workout today-- Lean Circuit 1. Man, am I dripping with sweat! Also, this one clocks in at about 45 minutes, so a bit longer than the first two phases.
  • philosohoe
    Options
    Last night was Week 2/Push 1 for 346 calories. Definitely feeling stronger!

Cclancaster--congrats on finishing Push going heavy!! That's an awesome achievement. :smokin:
  • Cclancaster
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome, Cclancaster!

I did my first Lean workout today-- Lean Circuit 1. Man, am I dripping with sweat! Also, this one clocks in at about 45 minutes, so a bit longer than the first two phases.

So did you continue to use the same weights from Push or do you need to go back down in weights for the Lean phase?