Phase 1

Options
12345679»

Replies

• RockyController
    Options
    I plan on starting Monday 11 June once complete it will lead right into my next planed workout program, Insanity.
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    After doing Phase 1, 2 and then going back to Phase 1, getting to the 3rd week of Phase 2 again, I decided to change up completely by doing Body for Life. Well since then and after straining my ligaments in my left ankle, I've been resting up and re-thinking my weight lifting program yet again. Itslessofme has started doing James Wilson, who worked with Jamie. I checked out his Facebook page and have decided to restart on Monday doing his 12 week program. He will be my personal trainer, customizing workouts, and helping with nutrition as well! I've been enjoying my time in the mountains but sure miss lifting! My body needed this time off though! I encourage you all to stay strong in your goals, lift heavy and listen to your body and what it needs!!

Oooh, James Wilson. I should remember that. I'm going to need a new program when this one is over, and I want it to be more weight loss focused since I still have a lot more to lose. Let us know how it goes!
    Thanks and I will...I have more weight to lose too!
  • RockyController
    Options
    Day one complete and my arms are going to be sore. Due to gym equipment, rules and other things I slightly tweaked the workout. My wide pushups were against a wall, bench press used a barbell, replaced cable flyes with incline dumbbell press, did narrow pushups against the back of the incline bench. Got back to my room mixed up a protein shake w/ some glutamine.
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Day one complete and my arms are going to be sore. Due to gym equipment, rules and other things I slightly tweaked the workout. My wide pushups were against a wall, bench press used a barbell, replaced cable flyes with incline dumbbell press, did narrow pushups against the back of the incline bench. Got back to my room mixed up a protein shake w/ some glutamine.

That sounds great! I've had to do a ton of modifications, especially to the pushups. Just can't keep up with them all, and still do most of them on my knees, even in phase 3. I think that modifying so that you're doing something is so much more effective and awesome than just skipping because you 'cant'. Good job : )
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    On my last week of Phase one! Yahoo! I'm feeling pretty good. Sort of nervous about adding the cardio back in now...that's more time, which equals getting up even earlier than I do now..which is hard when you sleep as little as I do.
    What is the recommendation for cardio in phase 2? Weights first then cardio or cardio first?

Thanks!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Always do weights first! Congrats on making it to Phase2! That's where I saw the best results!
  • JoannaChristine
    JoannaChristine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! So nice to know there is a group for this program.

Well I have started Phase 1 (yesterday to be exact) and my arms definitely felt it today. Starting day 2 today and looking forward to it!

Nice to meet you all!

Joanna
  • totallytasha
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! So nice to know there is a group for this program.

Well I have started Phase 1 (yesterday to be exact) and my arms definitely felt it today. Starting day 2 today and looking forward to it!

Nice to meet you all!

Joanna

Awesome! Good luck and keep us updated. I love that this program keeps me constantly sore. Lets me know something's happening : )
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Week 1 and my arms are killing me! I've done pretty well with the exercises though. I know that she has a no cardio rule, but did anyone do cardio on the rest days? I really want to work out tomorrow too.
  • debwaid
    Options
    Welcome newcomers! I'm doing her program anymore, but I loved so many things about it! Good luck to you all! Totallytasha keep the thread going!
  • RockyController
    Options
    Just finished Day 1 Week 3....legs will be paying me back later for it.
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this group. I was following nrol4w, but didn't love it like I have loved other strength programs. I am hoping to love this one. Did day one today and all went well except narrow push ups, which I could have predicted. No matter how what I di, these seem impossible! I modified, but really want to do these! I hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check in often and I may ask some of you ahead of me for advice, if that is ok?
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hi,
    I am new to this group. I was following nrol4w, but didn't love it like I have loved other strength programs. I am hoping to love this one. Did day one today and all went well except narrow push ups, which I could have predicted. No matter how what I di, these seem impossible! I modified, but really want to do these! I hope everyone has a great day! I will try to check in often and I may ask some of you ahead of me for advice, if that is ok?
    Hi!! I am no longer doing this program but doing a program by JE's trainer, James Wilson! I loved LiveFit but I absolutely love this new program! Only my second week now and starting to feel tight and tones! Those narrow pushups were very hard. Just keep trying.....I could do them by the end of Phase 2. Feel free to add me if you want motivation and support from a fellow person who loves lifting!!
  • debwaid
    Options
    Hi,
    Hi!! I am no longer doing this program but doing a program by JE's trainer, James Wilson! I loved LiveFit but I absolutely love this new program! Only my second week now and starting to feel tight and tones! Those narrow pushups were very hard. Just keep trying.....I could do them by the end of Phase 2. Feel free to add me if you want motivation and support from a fellow person who loves lifting!!
    to the recent newcomers, feel free to add me if you like!!
  • totallytasha
    Options
    I'm on Day 4 of Week 1 and my arms are killing me! I've done pretty well with the exercises though. I know that she has a no cardio rule, but did anyone do cardio on the rest days? I really want to work out tomorrow too.

Hello! Did you end up doing the cardio? I stuck to just the weights. It was pretty easy for me since I don't care for cardio, but from what I can tell she's really set on building muscle only in this phase. I'd recommend sticking to the program : )
  • totallytasha
    Options
    Hi,

So, I wasn't super strict with the program, I missed days and can't afford the food plan. But I did work hard while at the gym! I'm on the last week and I still can't do those stupid narrow pushups. On the knees, as many as I can get through, I just did what I could. Pushups and pullups - so difficult! But I can't wait til I can get through everything : ) And feel free to ask anything! I'll try to help with anything I can : )