3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• jcgutierrez
    jcgutierrez Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies and Good Afternoon! Thank you too all that replied to my question. I had an appointment on Tuesday and everything is good with baby girl. Her heart rate was at 160, measuring a week ahead still. But I tend to deliver early so hopefully that does not matter. the BH contractions i was having last week went away. I called l&d and they told me to drink extra water and rest on my left side. They continued for a few hours but stopped. The nurse told me that I could have over worked myself. After all having to run after a 2 and a 3 year old should be hard work. She also told me to keep track of them, if I was getting more that 6 per hour, to go in to l&d. But thank god they stopped, it is too early for baby to come. In another 7 weeks she should hopefully be ready. I am very excited, my husband had nor had the opportunity to feel baby move this pregnancy. I have anterior placenta so even I had a hard time feeling her, but finally her kicks are really hard and obvious, so he was happy about that.

I hope you are all having a wonderful time now that we are getting to the end, this is hopefully my last pregnancy so I am actually getting emotional because I think that i will never feel a baby inside of me anymore. But that is ok, I should have my hands filled on the outside.

I can wait until a few more weeks go by to get her clothes ready, I think I am almost ready, shopping wise at least. I have the more important items covered. I even had the opportunity to buy a crib for my mothers house (since she takes care of my babies when I return to work) I also got to purchase the babies travel system and matching diaper bag.

Best wishes to all.
  • kelley_m
    kelley_m Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Lots to catch up on...sorry I don't have the time since I am on hubby's computer.

It seems like everyone is doing well and still hangin in there.

Jaylner- I am with you...I have been at 1-2 cm for the last 3 weeka and the doctors keeps saying my cervix is soft and even after a weekend of contractions on and off I still was not diluted anymore than 1-2...very fustrating. I have tried many things sex, spicy food and lots of walking. Hubby is getting me spicy food tomorrow and I plan on walking somemore. I plan on getting some raspberry leaf tea as well to help strengthen the uterus...I drank the tea last time and can't seem to find my tea but it didn't hurt can't say how much it helped but worth doing again I guess.

AFM - have been a busy bee but never got the pedicure. My mom came to town for the baby's due date and stayed through the weekend but when no baby came she went home and is coming back this weekend. I haven't had any contractions of note since Monday and am 41 weeks today. Sigh...it's nice because I still get more time with my son and I get to do things before the baby comes but also fustrating because people keep asking is the baby here yet and that gets annoying quickly. Not to mention I would really like to have the baby and get the whole labor over and then start the first year trials... Anyway it has been a busy week, we recleaned the nursery, my son's room, and I cleaned out the office space so I could have somewhere to sew and hubby could have a work station to work from home while he is working from home.

So have been cleaning like crazy and cooking and baking. Yesterday I backed bread and muffins plus made dinner and I may bake again tomorrow...it's crazy really but I feel the need to stay busy and spend time with my LO before his sibling gets here. Tonight I introduced him to danny and the dinosaur and he loved it sat still for the whole book and had me read it twice.

Anyway, someone asked about the hubby's upgrade...yep it's complete his part was done by Monday but then as the client was testing they found issues so he has been busy putting out fires but otherwise it went smoothly for the most part and the client is as happy as they can be with the upgrade though a little flustered by some other things.
    As for my diaper bag, I did find a backpack diaper bag made by LL Bean for $20 from a parent's listserv I am on. So far it's nice just a little bigger than I anticipated and it has lots of nice pockets although still two larger components. I want to leave a bag with a change of clothes and cloth diaper in the car though so I don't always have to lug around two kids and a heavy diaper bag.

Alright ladies please pray for us...if nothing happens by Sunday night we are set to induce so this baby is coming out this weekend whether it wants to or not. Had my last US today, lost weight since Monday, fluid is great, baby is active and BP is nice and low...I really think the baby is trying to stay inside...Just starting to get hard to do lots of things and keep up with my son because of how big and low my tummy is.

Alright will try and check in before Sunday...stay hydrated ladies.

Kelley
    41 weeks
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Brunette wife - sorry, you're right, the pain comment was for dragon, a casualty of going back and forth between screens! Great job with the water!

Helen - yes, definitely time for a hospital bag, you are moving right along! Great goals for the week, I feel I should be doing prenatal yoga as well...  We are naming our son Rhody! 

Myiceisonfire - interesting points from the nutritionist, yay on the sugar thing since i have a major sweet tooth, lol! Sorry to hear about the virus, get better soon!

Destiny - still settling in. Hating on the pelvic  pains but hoping I am getting closer to delivery!  Sorry to hear about the armoire and the nursery stuff woes, I'm sure you will get it together on time though!

Emily - sounds like you're making good progress on preparation and the pregnancy! I'm jealous as I haven't lost my plug yet and I'm not getting internal checks so who knows. supposed to come on the 7th but hoping for the 4th or earlier. If you go before me I will seek revenge!!!

Jalyn - I'm sure the weight will fall off of you since you gained it healthily! You are doing awesome on staying active, I kind of thought doing that would mean our babies would come ASAP, but I guess that's not reality! 

Xosugarbabie - sorry to hear about all the worry (and the cankles!) I'm sure a lot of that weight is water weight like when I came back from my shower, so don't sweat it too much. It is definitely possible for the baby to gain while you personally lose weight as t has happened to me, so weight maintenance is doable. The other thing is the fundal height is the baby's size +/- 2cm, so you are still within range. Likely your ultrasound will be fine though it's good to check! Hang in the and enjoy your US!

Jcgutierrez - so glad to hear your baby is doing well and things are moving along preparation wise!

Kelley - congrats! I hope you post a pic of your little girl soon, looking forward to a birth story as well! Looks like you made it!

AFM - finishing up the nursery, have a dresser to put together (trying to sneak since DH doesn't know I snuck it in and upstairs by myself during a nesting frenzy) and wall decals to place. DH also needs to organize his stuff, hopefully we will get a file cabinet for his papers and a water cooler today since our kitchen sink doesn't work with a filter. Been super tired with a poor appetite that only care for fruit and sugary sweets, but have been sneaking in proteins and veggies as much as I can. Been fighting with DH over a CNN of random thing, the biggest of which was him trying to exclude my parents from being around for the birth at the last minute, which I could never do to them. He is also nervous about the baby's health so I am trying to be understanding while at the same time feeling really witchy!

Today is my first day of maternity leave! Yay! All I wanna do is sleep and eat chocolate but about to go workout and work on my nursery instead. I read an article that said that women who stop exercising in the 3rd trimester lose the labor benefits of exercise during pregnancy, so that and the hope of encouraging the little bugger out have got me motivated!

My goals
    - 2 veggie and 3 fruit servings (I flipped it cause of all the yummy fruit!)
    - at east 3 protein servings a day
    - cardio at least 3 x, strength at least 2. One prenatal yoga (such a snoozer!)
    - finish the nursery, wash and fold more clothes
    - have the baby! :tongue:

Melissa
    (39 weeks, 24-25lb)
  • mommydavisx3
    Options
    I thought I posted earlier, but don't see it now? Weird... Anyway, I'm new here and 39 weeks along with my third baby! Looking for friends in a similar situation as all my other friends are running marathons and I'm lucky to get some time on a yoga ball;). Feeling pretty left out. I will be looking forward to a slow reintroduction to activity as I will be breast feeding and seem to always have supply issues. I do however want to want to get back in shape as quick as possible (I'm supposed to fit into a preordered bridesmaids dress in 7 weeks!). I'll take what I can get because like I said I can't mess around with my supply.

Can't wait to get to know you all and congrats on almost being done! Please feel free to add me as a friend since I use the iPad app most often and it has friends but no community as I can tell.

Michelle
  • yahyamommy
    yahyamommy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi pals

Logging in this thread after a long while.

I had an elective c- section at 37 weeks as I had placenta previa. My baby girl arrived on 18 june 2012. She was 3.25kg and 21 inches long. I think she would quite a big baby at 40 weeks.

My c section went well. But the aftermath was not easy i was in too much esp getting outta bed was so painful. First night pathedin didnt work for me and they were not giving second painkiller till 8 hours are were past then i was given voltren and i slept that night but didnt sleep next 4 nights in hispital as i was having hullisinations and bumpy rides as i closed my rides. I thought it coz lack of sleep but later i found its coz of low HB 8 at that time now recovered to 9.

Baby wise- she is one adorable baby. The 3rd day we found out she had jaundice. And ppl around me saying bany should be given feed within 2 hours of delivery. Is it right? Anyways her birlubirin was 16 and still high around 15 trying very hard to nurse her. She is always sleepy and im not finding any good posture while nursing. Take her to sunbathing right at dawn time. Lets see whts her latest test report says.

So good luck to all due ladies. I still sometimes say she has not born yet. I am waiting that she recovers her complexion and weight soon so i can do photoshoot with all the tutu, pettiskirt and crochet headbands i have made for my darling!
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Yahyamommy- Congrats on the baby girl! I'm sorry you've had so much pain with the c-section. I hope you feel better soon, and that your little girl's jaundice clears up quickly.

Melissa- Thanks for the encourangement. I hope it will come off quckly...I'll just have to keep working at it until it's gone. How have you been feeling? Any contractions?

Kelley- Good luck!! You're in my prayers.

AFM: Today I got up and went for a walk with DH. It was painful but I pushed through it for about 45 minutes. Apparently I complained a lot because hubby told me it was getting annoying. You can tell we're both done with being pregnant. He's done with me being overly-sensitive and I'm done hobbling around. I'm sorry if I complain a lot, ladies! I don't realize I do it.
    Hopefully our son will make an appearance very soon, but my contractions have been pretty weak and random, so I highly doubt there will be any change when I go to the doctor tomorrow. *sigh* If nothing else, the 11th will be my last day being pregnant. That's something to look forward to. :happy:
    I hope you all have a great week and to those of you in the US, Happy 4th!! Be safe.
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Whoops, forgot to post after last weeks' appt. Everything was still going well. My AFL was back up and over 10 so no bed rest, yay! I have my regular check up this Friday, perfect timing because Nick will be home this weekend, so he gets to go. He hasn't been to an appt since April!

My back pain has mostly subsided. But my sleeping is horrible, mostly because I can't get my mind to shut off. Like the fact that I'll be 34wks tomorrow and that means the cerclage/stitch should come out in 2 wks! I keep imagining what delivery could be like with and without Nick (if he doesn't make it home in time, my mom will step in) and what she'll look like, how the dogs will be around her, etc.... I have Miranda's nursery almost 100% complete now after my shower 2 Sundays ago. And, thanks to a few co workers, they gave me a very nice gift of $130 cash to get any last minute things I didn't did from my shower, like crib sheets and bottles for starters.. Then, the store manager sent it in to the company to match it... they doubled it! So an additional $260 for Miranda! I was so completely overwhelmed by this! Aside from diapers (and possible formula and baby food), I think we pretty much have everything we will need for at least the first year, and that's before using the extra $260, so it's getting set aside for diapers and baby food as we need them.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

myice - I dont think they shave you here if have a c-section (well my friends havent been) - maybe just US thing? I will just keep it tidy! lol

Jalyner - Is your back any better? Good work on the working out.

Sugar - your trip sounded fab, hoping swelling will have gone bakc down now. Love your profile pic - you look fab. Good luck for scan tomorrow - hope all is ok.

jcgutierrez -Sounds like you are very organised. Hope you are taking it easy (mind easy said - with toddlers to chase after!)

Kellie - congrats on your little girl. How lovely one of each. Hope ou are ok. What does your son think?

Melissa - Yep got bagged about packed now, just some odds and ends to get. Oh I like the name you have picked. Hows your first few days of maternity leave been? I have 2.5 weeks left.

Michelle - Hi and welcome. I will send you friend request. Hope you have had a smooth pregnancy so far.

yahy - congrats on your baby - are you feeling any better?

Bru - Is it likely you will go early? I keep thinking we might be the same as we found out pregnant on same day and due same day! But I think I will be late! lol How was your shower? Thats was nice of your work friends - we usually get a present when we leave. But not sure what I will get.

AFM - I went cot shopping on Sat with my MIL and she bought us a cot and mattress - which I love and was very grateful for. So now I just need to order some sheets and some last bits and bobs (we prob need other things after baby is here - but we have the main stuff).

I have a busy week at work this week but next week I have 3 afternoons off and the week after Im only working monrings so not bad.

I have my 34 week check and baby head down and looking good. HR was good and she said she would guess it was a girl from the speed of it (but she said boy last time! lol). My blood pressure was lower than its been the whole time so was pleased with that.

I have been to a breast feeding clinic today that was good. She made it sound easy but Im sure it wont be. We also have a hospital tour tomorrow night so looking forward to that.

Sorry for typos - Im trying to speed along! Catch up soon.
    Helen
    34 weeks
    + 28lb
  • BrunetteWife
    Options

Bru - Is it likely you will go early? I keep thinking we might be the same as we found out pregnant on same day and due same day! But I think I will be late! lol How was your shower? Thats was nice of your work friends - we usually get a present when we leave. But not sure what I will get.

I have my 34 week check and baby head down and looking good. HR was good and she said she would guess it was a girl from the speed of it (but she said boy last time! lol). My blood pressure was lower than its been the whole time so was pleased with that.

Helen
    34 weeks
    + 28lb
    Well, I was told when they take out the stitch, it could be possible for me to go into labor about a week or so later, but really, I suppose it's always possible with every pregnancy. My shower was mostly good, had a few minor set backs. And the money from work as a complete surprise and done just over the weekend and given to me yesterday. Totally unexpected!

My LO is head down and ready to go too! Glad to hear your check up went well! Mine is this coming Friday.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Quick question, ladies:

I'm feeling kind of funny this evening. It feels like baby is rolling/stretching and it sort of hurts my belly. It gets hard but it's not like BH, it's like he's pushing hard on one side, but then I feel a pain/cramp down low in my pelvis. This has been steady going since 5:30 (4 hours). It doesn't hurt, really...just uncomfortable. I've never felt this before. Could this be contractions or is baby just getting bigger? My pervious contractions were just like menstral cramps down low. These are up high and then down low. Not sure if I should be getting excited or not. Anyone have anything similar happen?
  • eejieweejie
    eejieweejie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Helen – Glad to hear your appointment went well and that baby is head down! Also happy to hear your BP was lower this time! Sorry, I don’t have any advice or info on the raspberry leaf tablets or Arnica. I’m glad the breastfeeding clinic was helpful. I think breastfeeding is different for everyone, but I didn’t really have any trouble with DS and I loved breastfeeding. Really hoping it will go as well with this little boy!

Myice – Lol, glad I was able to remind you about washing baby clothes! Are you and your little boy feeling better?

Jayln – Hang in there, the end is in sight! Glad you have an induction date set up so at least you know you’ll definitely have a baby by then! Let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow! (And I don’t think you complain a lot!)

Sugarbabie- Glad you had a great time in Hawaii! I’m sure some of your weight gain was fluid retention so I bet you’ll lose a few pounds. Good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow, let us know how it goes.

JC – Glad everything was ok with baby girl!

Kelley – Congrats on your baby girl, so happy for you! Can’t wait to hear how everything went! How is Ben liking being a big brother?

Melissa – You made me lol with your seeking revenge comment!! My original due date was the 4th, and we know when we conceived which is why I think the 6th, but we will see! These little babies can be pretty stubborn! Have you opted out of internal checks? I’m too curious not to know!! Did you manage to get the nursery finished and the dresser put together? Hope things are better with you and hubby, I know you are both anxious to meet baby boy which I’m sure has a lot to do with it!

Michelle – Welcome! Have you had any progress on baby?

Yaya – Congrats on your baby girl! Hope the jaundice clears up soon, have they given her any bili light treatments at the hospital? Sorry to hear about your C-section pain, hope you’re feeling better.

Bru – Glad to hear Miranda is ok and that your amniotic fluid is up! How nice of your co-workers and the company (you work at Home Depot right?), that’s awesome!

AFM - Been trying to finish getting things ready for baby over the past week. I didn’t get as much accomplished as I would have liked to this weekend because of the lovely 104F heat and the AC working intermittently! It’s fixed now thank goodness! Had an appointment with the midwife today and she said I am 2cm, almost 3cm and 50% effaced, which I was confused about seeing as last week I was 70%?! She said I was probably contracting a little last time I was checked making it seem like I was more effaced?! Either way 50% or 70%, I’ll take it! Need to get my hospital bag packed and a bag packed for DS for when he goes to my dad’s. We still need to figure out a plan of action for when I go into labor, but it really all depends on when things start happening! We’re just kinda playing everything by ear at the moment!

Hope you all have a wonderful week and that some of these babies come out this week!

Emily
    39 weeks tomorrow, +25.5lbs (blah!)
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My ultrasound went pretty good this morning I suppose. The baby is measuring about a week behind, so the tech said that my due date is probably more like Sept 15th instead of Sept 7th. I just figure this little girl is going to make her appearance whenever she sees fit really lol It wasn’t possible to get a good pic of her at the appointment because of the position she was sleeping in and the lack of room in there now, but I did get a glimpse of her face and she looked adorable :) She definitely has her mama’s big ol’ lips lol
    The tech said that she’s facing downward so she’s in the right position and will stay there until I deliver, and that she’s about 3.5 pounds so far. But, I’m still debating if I really want/can afford a 3d/4d ultrasound to see her more, or if I’ll just wait patiently for her to get here.

I did a little bit of leg workouts this morning with weights as well as a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood, and I have been eating a ton of fruit and protein (trying to make myself eat veggies more as well… they just aren’t appealing to me right now), I’ve been noticing my belly muscles hurting more now when I go on walks, and I feel SUPER exhausted every day now. Other than that I feel fine.

Anywho, I hope everyone is doing fabulous!

29-30weeks (depending on which doc you ask), +26 pounds (ughh)
  • misslouisiana
    misslouisiana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just checking in.

I have been very good about logging my food and even went over a little. I went to the doc yesterday and only gained a lb since the last visit. I was very happy about that. I gained around 40lbs so far but the nurse said it doesn't show. It must all be in my belly. I will take that as a compliment. Less than 8 weeks to go. I still don't have the baby room ready so I better get a move on it.

32 weeks ( 40lbs +)
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    xosugarbabie0- We've gotten a few 3d, because the hospital I go to does the regular and if baby's in a good position it puts it into 3d. They're fun to look at, but because baby's face is pushed up against your belly, or smooshed in there, it's all distorted sometimes.

eejiweejie- Jeremy & I are feeling MUCH better. Thankfully it only lasted a week. So weird when you get something you've never had, but I'm glad it's gone! Hopefully it never comes back lol.... I washed my son's old baby clothes the other day (thanks to your reminder) & today it took me 2hrs to go through just the newborn to 3-6mo! I put them in matching pairs and everything. So at least I wont have to stand around wondering what to match together when I get Logan out of the crib in the mornings when I'm a zombie!

jalyner- I think it's just baby getting bigger. I'm 32 weeks and I'm not sure how far you are, but I read about 32 weeks the bones start to get harder, which could make the kicking and moving more uncomfortable. ... I've had Logan all the way on my right side, I didn't even know that was possible, but soooo uncomfortable. I hope baby moved not long after you posted so you were a little more relieved... Also, Logan's been hanging out really low sometimes too, which even unzipping my pants doesn't seem to help!

Bru- The comment that girl made about you looking like a 300lb man at your baby shower, i would have smacked her!! That still makes me mad! ... There are things you just don't forget. When I was pregnant with Jeremy a "friend" told me I didn't look pregnant I just looked fat! ... Now this time around it's stuck in my head that I don't look preg, I just look extra fat!

AFM:
    32 weeks today... Goal for this week is to try to do some yoga. Netflix has pregnant mama yoga, so I want to give that a try. Even if I don't burn calories or lose weight, it should help to relax me right?... Accomplished this week: Washed baby clothes & put them all away in matching orders... Worries: I had subway and I'm up 5lbs! It's been a few days and it's still not coming off. I've been good with water and sodium, yet it wants to stick around. That puts me at a 43lb gain! YIKES!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sabrina- Way to go getting prepared for baby! Glad you and Jeremy are feeling better! I tried that yoga mama on netflix and wasn't a fan. Good luck with it though! Hope it relaxes you.

Misslouisiana- I think you still have plenty of time to get ready for baby! *hopefully*

sugarbabie- Glad your ultrasound went well. My hospital offers free 3D ultrasounds as a gift from the hospital so I had one with both pregnancies. I think they are fun and cool, but I know some people aren't a fan. My stomach muscles have been really achy too, but for me its all the time.

Emily- You're getting so close! All you have left to get ready is your hospital bag and one for your son? It does make me feel better that you just recently got out your baby stuff :smile:

Kelley- So from other some of the other posts I'm guessing you had your baby??? And it was a girl???? Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

Yahyamommy- Congrats on your little one as well! Hope you both are recovering!

Melissa- Hope you're enjoying your maternity leave! Good luck getting all your last minute things ready for baby. Great goals this week (especially having the baby :laugh: )

AFM- I'm officially over being pregnant... mostly because of the hormones. I really hope that its just hormones, anyway. My husband has been irritating me SOOOOO much lately. He doesn't listen to anything I say which causes major issues, for example we needed to take our dogs to the groomer this morning and I told him the appt was 10. The groomers is 20 minutes away. So he went to the grocery store to get some creamer and got home at like 9:30. I said "I need you to get Olivia dressed" and he said "ok, I need to make a phone call first." WHAT??? So he walks outside, and when he walks back in I start yelling "Hello??? We need to go!!!!!" He says "Oh, I thought the appt was at 11." :explode: :mad: :explode: It probably seems like a small thing. And it might be. But when it happens 10x a day it makes my head want to explode. Went back to the Dr yesterday, and I'm 2 cm now. Progress!!! My old job asked if I could work on Thursday so maybe being on my feet for 8 hours will get things moving a bit more :wink: My grandma will be here on Sunday but then she's going to Oregon with my mom on Wednesday to meet my new niece or nephew that should be born any day now. So from the 11th to the 22nd baby can't come because I will be alone with no one to watch Olivia (DH will be working all but 2 of those days).

DH and I went on a quick Olivia-free trip to a bigger city to hit Sam's Club and get some last minute supplies. We got diapers, and wipes, a new diaper bag (back pack style!), and some cute stuff for baby to wear in her newborn portraits. We also got a new car seat. The crib should be here next week. Since I had milk supply issues with Olivia I stocked up on all the tips the lactation specialist gave me then- fenugreek capsules, peanuts and root beer, and I found a recipe for "lactation cookies" on pinterest so I got some flaxseed and brewer's yeast to make them. Have any of you heard of any other tips to increase milk supply? Due date is 3 weeks from today! Yikes! Anyway, hope you all are doing great and not going crazy like me :laugh:

I know I need to catch up with more of you but to be honest, sitting for too long these days is killing my back so I'm going to take a break from the computer for a while.

Destiny
    37wks
    +28ish lbs
  • dragonairis
    dragonairis Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    myice - Tell me how you felt after the yoga! I've been wanting to stretch really badly, but keep cramping up in my legs and I'm having a hard time finding really good stretching positions.

Destiny - Have you heard of Mother's Milk tea? I've been given a lot of it from friends who recently had babies and they swear it works well for lactation. Apparently you've drunk enough of it when you smell like maple syrup. :bigsmile: My husband is going to love that.

Kelley - Can't wait to hear how things went!

Someone was asking about red raspberry leaf. I don't know about the caplets, but I've been drinking the tea. Along with the Mother's Milk tea, it is something that got recommended to me by mom's who recently had babies, so I'm guessing it does help. I have also heard that eating figs is really helpful, but I don't know anyone who has tried it.

AFM - Been very grumpy and ready to be done with all the uncomfortableness. We had a bridal shower I helped with this weekend and then my baby shower the next day. We got lots of cute stuff, but I need useful stuff, not cute stuff.... sigh. I knew that would happen regardless of what I registered for, so I might as well get cute stuff I liked. :laugh: We also had a bit of a to do at the doctor's. Last week I went in for my appt, and they said my blood pressure was 120/80. Textbook. Except it hasn't been this whole pregnancy, and I tried to tell them it wasn't a normal number for me. So Monday when I went in, it was 143/78 and they freaked. I told them again, that's normal for me right now, no I don't have any other symptoms, oh, sure take it again..... the same? Yeah I thought so. They were sort of listening. It's been frustrating when you have other concerns about your body, and the doctors pick one thing and go off about it. The last clinic I was at freaked out alternately about my weight and whether I had GD or not. This one looks like they are going to freak out about my blood pressure. I would rather know how the baby is doing. Is he measuring big? Why do I have pain under my ribs? But they dismiss those concerns. So I had to spend 5 hours doing all sorts of tests and then do a *ahem* "collection" for 24 hours, which is just cruel for a 36w pregnant woman. AND they keep telling me over and over that if my water breaks, it's an emergency. But in 5 days it won't be..... sigh. Sorry about the rant. I definitely want my son born healthy and they are trying to make absolutely sure of that so I have to be thankful. DH's cousin was due a week after me, but she went into labor at 34 weeks, and I definitely don't want DS to any of the problems they've been having.

PS It is not professional for a nurse to say peepee instead of urine. Repeatedly. That is all.
  • BrunetteWife
    Options

Bru- The comment that girl made about you looking like a 300lb man at your baby shower, i would have smacked her!! That still makes me mad! ... There are things you just don't forget. When I was pregnant with Jeremy a "friend" told me I didn't look pregnant I just looked fat! ... Now this time around it's stuck in my head that I don't look preg, I just look extra fat!

AFM:
    32 weeks today... Goal for this week is to try to do some yoga. Netflix has pregnant mama yoga, so I want to give that a try. Even if I don't burn calories or lose weight, it should help to relax me right?... Accomplished this week: Washed baby clothes & put them all away in matching orders... Worries: I had subway and I'm up 5lbs! It's been a few days and it's still not coming off. I've been good with water and sodium, yet it wants to stick around. That puts me at a 43lb gain! YIKES!

The problem... it was my dad's mother that said it! Though she wasn't in my life til recently, so I don't consider her my grandma, more like a great aunt. I don't get along well with her due to her stupid up filter being broken... I wish people would just keep those kind of comments to themselves! It's hard to forget them, you're right. :/ I have been looking at the same yoga movie! Though, I may not get to try it out til next week.
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    Thought I'd check in with you all and say a very happy July 4th to you :) obviously we don't celebrate it across the pond but we do in our house (hubby is from Boston, MA) so in between the rain today we'll be having a bbq. Such awful weather here lately... we haven't had a summer yet and it's really depressing! I had every good intention to go walking for miles and miles every day but I've not done a single thing since we moved some 6 weeks ago and with hubby being out of work for the last 3 weeks I've been on a seriously BAD diet too! Well the good news is her started his new job on Monday so for the last 2 days I've been sticking to my 2000 calorie intake (or there abouts!) but still no exercise. It would be so lovely to see that big orange thing they call sun sometime soon!!!
    36wk midwife appt yesterday and little Ava is one fifth engaged, urine fine and bloods taken to check iron levels. No other real news from this part of the world.
    Have a fab day celebrating ladies, take care xxx
    Sarah
    36wks 2 days
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi girls

Bru - I wouldnt have been very impressed with your Dad's mothers comment either. Just ignore it - Old people say the craziest things! You look fab and Miranda is doing well so thats the main thing.

Sarah - glad hubby got new job. I know the weather is awful! It pretty warm here but wet! Im still walking most days (as the dogs dont bother the weather) but it has been harder as Im red hot in a coat but get soaked without one! I have 2.5 weeks left at work so have started to record my food again and will walk most days. When I finish work I plan to add my prenatal pilates into the mix as well - as Im hoping I have more time. I had 34 week midwife app last week and told bloods too. Hopefully all come back ok - I was low on iron at 28 weeks so been taking iron tabs.

Destiny - Ive been getting annoyed this week and dont think I would normally so putting it to hormones. My OH has been helping a bit more though (just bits and bobs round the house when asked). I dont know about producing more milk, I went to a breast feeding clinic on Monday and she made it sound easy - but I doubt it will be! The main thing she said was the more the feed the more you produce and dont give any bottles of formula as you will produce less milk - not sure how doable any of this is as never tried it.

Sugar - We arent paying for a 3D scan (we had normal scan at 12 and 20 weeks) and unlikely we will have another (unless any problems accur). We didnt really discuss the 3D scan but Im not bothered about having one at all. Its up to you though - depends on your reasons for having it and if you rather spend money on something else?

Myice- I would defo try the yoga. I have a pilates DVD and feel much better then I dont it. Helps stretch me and feel more flexible. Im the only one of my pregnant friends who can still touch toes (legs straight) etc - Im not sure if its down to the pilates but defo not doing any harm. Im sure you will drop those 5lb again - just give it a week or so.

Dragon - I asked my midwife re raspberry leat tablets and she said they were fine to take but not until at least 36 weeks. In her experience they dont bring labour on but they strengthen your uterus for the second part of labour. Im not 100% sure if they will help but if midwife has given ok then I will try them.

AFM: We went to the maternity ward last night for a look around. It was quiet and got to see the theatre, birthing pool room, and other rooms too. There was no one screaming etc! lol so that was reassuring! We also saw the recovery ward. All looked good.

Have a good day.
    Helen
    34+1
    Up 28lb
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th of July! We just celebrated Canada day but my husband and I usually celebrate the american holidays as well as he served in the american army for 6 years and still has many close friends in the states.

There is so much to catch up on....everybody is getting really close, this is soooo exciting!!

Not much new here.....feeling great actually. I did have to start walking the dog first thing in the morning though. By the end of the day I'm too hot and tired and legs are kind of sore. It's worked out for both of us really. I'm up anyways that early. Still swimming, slowly mind you. I'm so glad I stuck with it. My club ended last week for the summer so I think i'm goign to join in with the university masters club for the last 8 weeks. I'm a bit nervous about that because I'm pretty slow now but I'll stick to the slow lane, it'll be ok.

I was at the doctor last week and she said i was measuring spot on. I was waiting for a comment on my weight but she hasn't said a thing yet. I'm up 33 lbs. I don't really feel that heavy but I saw pictures of myself in my bridesmaid dress this past weekend and I couldn't believe how big my boobs and arms look! yikes! oh well. just keep plugging along I guess......

Hope everyone has a great week, keep up the great work and stay cool!

Melissa
    32 wks, large and in charge!