Options
    July 2012

Me: 5
    Ed: 1
  • camelid2
    camelid2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me=5
    Binge=2 (7/4, 7/7-both in social/party situations). I can't handle this type of open/free for all food at get togethers! Even trying to eat before going doesn't help.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Me=5
    Binge=2 (7/4, 7/7-both in social/party situations). I can't handle this type of open/free for all food at get togethers! Even trying to eat before going doesn't help.
    I definitely can identify with you and certianly have the same problem with social events. I also struggle with it at work when people bring free food. Sometimes I plan and I do well and others I don't. I have also tried eating before too. Just keep trying.

I also chew gum and socialize more to take mind off food. I also tell one of my friends who know about my struggles with binging and just them knowing keeps me accountable. I will just say tonight I don't want to get more than one plate. Just saying it to them keeps me from doing contrary.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 5
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    The weekends are tough!! One more day to go everyone!! One day at a time. How many of you count Friday night as the weekend? I do, Friday night actually is the worst for me. Saturday night too if I have nothing social planned. Sunday too because I am usually just slumming and relaxing at home.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    As of July 7
    Me: 7
    Binge: 0

I went over my calorie limit yesterday by 350 calories or so but that was due to having a treat for breakfast after berry picking in the morning and it being too darned hot to get any sort of exercise. I don't think the 5 gallons of sweat I produced picking berries for two hours counts as working up a sweat. :) Even though I went over my calories, I would not consider it a binge. There was not that feeling of finally being alone in the kitchen so I can gobble up all the different foods that I have been thinking about all day long. There were a few touch and go moments right before I went to bed but I walked away and went to on to bed.
  • shyandemily
    shyandemily Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    July 2012:

Me - 5
    The Binge - 2 (Sun 7/1, Fri 7/6)

The binge hit me hard on Friday. Not very happy.
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    The weekends are tough!! One more day to go everyone!! One day at a time. How many of you count Friday night as the weekend? I do, Friday night actually is the worst for me. Saturday night too if I have nothing social planned. Sunday too because I am usually just slumming and relaxing at home.

Friday night is totally the weekend! It's the time in the weekend that Monday is the farthest away.

Weekends can go either way for me. During the week, I feel like snacking ALL THE TIME while sitting at my desk with my mind only halfway occupied. However, there is only so much that I can eat as I pack my own lunch. Weekends, there is a better chance that I will be busy doing something and not spend my time snacking the day away. However, on weekends, I have a whole kitchen at my beck and call and any eating out that my family does usually happens on a weekend and that in itself is a challenge.

My best defense on the weekend is to work in some exercise. It's a little easier because I don't have to rush out the door to work by 7am. If I want to do something that I consider fun like a bike ride or a hike, it allows me to burn some extra calories. Knowing that I've made that effort helps a little with self-control. I also try to find ways to occupy my time...that gives my brain less time to think about all that food.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2012

Me: 6
    Ed: 1
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    As of July 8, 2012:

Me - 7
    The Binge - 1 (08/07)

I was hoping for a clean sheet until Tuesday but a packet of gluten free cookies messed me up today.
  • Creamshakes
    Creamshakes Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    July 8th, 2012. Still going strong!

Me: 8
    The beast, zilch!
  • Erin70CA
    Erin70CA Posts: 85
    Options
    I will start as of today. - July 8th - Out of the 90 days I have been using MFP I have averaged about 45% binge days. I have lost 25 of the 60 lbs I want to lose however. I will give exercise the credit for that.

I am an emotional eater, so it will be tough.

1st day ( July 8th) ME - 1 ..... BINGE 0

If anyone wants to add me as a friend, please do so.
  • sadiebug29
    sadiebug29 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Catching up! I was on vacation most of last week and was still able to stay tough for the most part.

The Binge: 2 (7/1, 7/7)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    July 2012 - Goal not to binge more than 9 days

Me - 6
    The Binge - 2 (7/1,7/4)

“If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results.” ~Jack Dixon
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    July 2012

Ed: 2
  • kayakinggrrl
    Options
    As of July 8
    Me: 8
    Binge 0

Last night was a close call! Family baked brownies for a work function today and there were some left after everything had been packed up for work. I had one but it took every ounce of my being to not hang around until everyone had gone to bed and then eat the leftovers. It was hard but I definitely feel better about myself today because I didn't binge last night. Whew, a close call but a success nonetheless.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Last week turned into a disaster. I took the week off from exercise and my eating was willy-nilly, eat-whatever-i-can-fit-in-my-mouth. I didn't log my food this weekend and I know it was bad. I'm not feeling discouraged. I went to the gym this morning and that always helps with my outlook.

Me: 3
    Binge: 6
This discussion has been closed.