3rd Trimester

Options

Replies

• BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Home from the doc appt. Cerclage came out within 5min (and naturally, he had to show me what it looked like, I could have dealt without the visual, lol) and aside from a quick pinch, it was painless. I have very slight cramp like feeling since he took it out, but not painful.
    Tomorrow is my last day of work til Sept 25th (if all goes well for a vaginal delivery) then hopefully Dec 27th will be my complete last day and I'll be a SHAM. Anyway, he did a cervical check, I'm at a 1 but her head is right there, ready to go. Makes me nervous that Nick won't make it in time. But all is well. Doc says he doubts I'll make it to Aug 14th, I've been saying July from the beginning, only time will tell.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Bru- Glad your appt went well. Aug 14th would be a great day for a baby girl (My birthday :laugh: ) but hopefully things go smoothly no matter when she decides to come.

Sabrina- that's so exciting that you know a date (and time!) to expect baby!

Helen- Glad your last appt went good as well. I don't know much about a cervical sweep either. Is it different then breaking your water? Do you know other people who have had it done?

MPederson- I agree with Helen, I think baby has plenty of time to turn. My LO was breach at my 32 wk appt and she turned by my next appt at 36 wks. Fingers crossed for you!

Jenalee- Your back pain sounds identical to mine! I wonder if baby is on a nerve or something, because its only on the right side, just a bit below my shoulder blade. It KILLS!!!! I've heard of some people getting nauseated in the 3rd tri because there's not a whole lot of room for your stomach. I was really anxious about my baby shower with my older daughter too because DH refused to let me buy anything, and my Mom didn't throw me a shower until less than a month before my due date. Hope that goes smoothly!

AFM- Thursday is almost over and I don't think baby will be making her appearance tonight. Yay! However, this morning I had a lot of tinted brown mucous after I went to the bathroom (sorry TMI) so I called the OB dept and the girl I talked to thought it was my mucous plug, But from what I've read the mucous plug is usually clear, but the bloody show can be tinted brown. Either way, I think baby is making her way. I wish I wasn't induced with Olivia, then I think I would have a clearer idea of what to look for this time. But I'm sure everything will work out. Well I'm off to walk my dog before bed. Hope you all are having a great week, and have a great weekend as well!

Destiny
    39w2d
    +almost 30 lbs
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Well I am officially in the 3rd Tri now. And boy and I glad to be here! This pregnancy has felt so long. October cannot come fast enough!

Hope you all are having a great Friday!

Sarah
    27w 2d
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    thedestar- thank you for starting a part 3 to this group!
  • sas6575
    sas6575 Posts: 70
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    I hope this isn't TMI - I've just woken up with a LOT of discharge this morning. So much so I've changed my knickers and put a pad on. It was the same colour, texture etc as discharge (no bloody show or tinge of colour) - any advice? Are things going to start happening today? I'm 39 weeks tomorrow YIKES! xox
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    maybe the mucous plug?

I have no idea what to expect, I've joked with my girlfriends who've had kids that i'll have to send them a picture and say "is this it?"

eeeee exciting!
  • sas6575
    Options
    very exciting! Thanks for your reply - nothing since so I'm thinking it was most probably the mucus plug. 39 weeks today :)
    No other symptoms so going to make the most of this sunshine (finally no rain in the UK) and take my 13yr old daughter out lots this week... until little one decides to make an appearance xox
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    I hope this isn't TMI - I've just woken up with a LOT of discharge this morning. So much so I've changed my knickers and put a pad on. It was the same colour, texture etc as discharge (no bloody show or tinge of colour) - any advice? Are things going to start happening today? I'm 39 weeks tomorrow YIKES! xox

I was thinking mucus plug too. I've read online that some people lose it a week or so before even having their baby and just have to carry on as normal. But that's what I read online, so who knows how dependable that information is.
    Lately I feel like I've been losing mine little by little, I'll go to the bathroom and wipe and it seems more like snot texture. Did you start to lose yours slowly at first? Thing is I'm only 35wks tomorrow.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Just hit the 3rd Trimester today! I'm a first-timer and expecting a boy in late October and am really excited to be 2/3 done :smile: I am starting to get tired again and the Boy is a mover and a shaker at all hours! I have another month and a half of commuting in to work and then I'll be working from home my last month because my commute is over an hour from the hospital (thank goodness for an understanding boss).

I am up 23lbs and had originally wanted to keep it around 30 but I don't see that happening now...

Glad to be here and am looking forward to all the new stuff the 3rd Trimester brings!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Lianne - Hi & Welcome, glad you in 3rd Tri. Im the opposite I feel like my pregnancy has flown by! Cant believe only 3 weeks to my due date!

Sas - Sounds like your body is getting ready. How you feeling today? Is your daughter getting excited? We have had rain here for days but at least its sunny (and typical I have booked my prenatal massage for this afternoon - which would have been better on a rainy day! never mind Im sure will still enjoy it).

Mtice - I often have snot like discharge and have done since about 32/34? weeks. Think its quite normal, but double check with midwife.

Faughorn - Hi and welcome. Your weigh gain looks good to me. Sounds like a good boss. When do you plan to finish for maternity leave? How long do you get off?

AFM: I finished work last fri and was sad to finish really - but Im sure I will get over it! starting to feel more real now tho. So this week I have been sorting and cleaning and washing etc. Ive been making some food to freeze so dont live on toast once baby is here! lol

We have friends visiting this weekend and my family is going to London to watch a bit of the olympics. So hopefully Im not 2 weeks early as too much planned! lol

Got cot built today and next week we are going to finish off sorting the baby room.

It seems very quite on here this week - is everyone having their baby's?

Catch up again later.
    Helen
    37+1
    Up 31lb (and hopefully not many more)
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Faughorn - Hi and welcome. Your weigh gain looks good to me. Sounds like a good boss. When do you plan to finish for maternity leave? How long do you get off?

I get 6 weeks of STD and then get a total of 16 weeks protected leave, but that would leave me with no income for 10 weeks (and there's NO WAY we can afford to go without my income) so I'm going to talk my job into letting me work from home for those last 10 weeks when the STD expires. Hopefully they'll go for it! After that I'm going to try and increase my work-from-home days to 2 or 3 a week which should really help my quality of life :smile:
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    Faug Horn- That's so exciting! Have you picked out a name yet for your boy? I have a 2yr old, and trust me they are a joy! =) I'm having another boy this pregnancy and because having my 2yr old is so much fun, I'm really excited about having another one... 3rd trimester seems to be a lot like the first, tired all the time, and eat often of you start to feel sick. At least for most pregnant women. I wanted to stick around a 35lb gain max but now I'm up to 50. NOT loving this, but at least we'll lose about 20 right away after having baby.

Helenmelon- Freezer meals are an awesome idea! I did that about a month ago and got all my recipes off Pinterest. I always see recipes on there that I want to try but never have, so I thought they'd be the best ones to make and freeze! =D I can't make anymore because our chest freezer is packed! I wish I did this the 1st pregnancy because I was a zombie from no sleep and wanted to cook was out of question lol... now that you're not working you're going to think of your pregnancy even more! Only a few weeks to go though! YAY!

FaugHorn- You are so lucky to be able to work from home! It's such a blessing. My husband and I own our own business and I do all of the computer/paper work from home. With having my 2yr old it's wonderful, because I can work around his schedule & always be there for him when he needs something. Esp with having a newborn baby it will be very nice to work from home!

AFM: I'm not sure what's going on. I've been maintaining the same weight for about 2 months now. But now I've gained 6lbs in the last 9 days, which doesn't make ANY sense to me. I've been eating just as good, if not better, and I never use to drink water, but now I'm drinking about 12-14 cups a day! So how can I possibly be gaining that much? My last appt the ob said that my weight/bp was good. I guess we'll see how this week good. I have another ultrasound next week (last one), and we have our c-section scheduled for August 21st! Less than 4 weeks to go! =D
  • sas6575
    Options
    Hi Helen,
    I hope you enjoyed your massage :) I'm feeling good thanks. Spending lots of QT with my daughter before this little one arrives! Hubby isn't happy for me to stray too far from home so it's been lots of picnics in the park etc so far this week. Sat here scratching my head wondering what to do with her today! She's with her Dad all next week so trying to make the most of our time together whilst we can this week.
    It has been SOOOOO quiet on this board lately but rest assured, I'm still very much pregnant! Have a fab week hun and stay safe in this heat xxx
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    I'm 35wks and didn't get this far in my last pregnancy... So I was wondering... Lately I've been getting a headache every day, and my belly's starting to hurt, like cramps, last night before bed I was super dizzy, all night my legs and arms were really cramping up, and when I woke up I was still really dizzy..... Is anyone else experiencing this? I have my ob appt today so I'll ask the ob about it, but I was curious if anyone else is going through this. Also, I never use to drink much water at all, but the last week I've been drinking about 12-14 cups a day and I've gained about 6lbs in 9 days! UGHS! .... I was comfortable all pregnancy, until this week. =P 4 weeks and Logan will be in my arms, so in the end this will all be worth it!
  • mpederson
    Options
    myice - my girlfriend is at 35 wks (we both are!) and she started experiencing dizziness. I think she has to be quite careful when she stands up from a sitting position. I'll have to ask her what her doc said and get back to you.
    Also the sudden weight gain happened to me too, i had lost a pound and maintained that weight for three weeks now i'm up 4 this week. I was feeling fantastic up until the last couple of weeks now i'm exhausted and stiff all over. I also feel like a whale.

I've been going for prenatal massage once a month then every three weeks....and now I booked every two weeks. Screw it. I'm sore and it feels good and my health plan covers it so I'm going to enjoy it.

4 more weeks of work...... :yawn:

Melissa
    35 w (+37 :huh: )
  • FaugHorn
    Options
    Had my 1-hour Glucose test this morning. The drink wasn't all that bad, sorta like flat orange soda.

They said that if everything is all clear than the place usually doesn't even call but that the doctor would call one way or the other when they get the results.

I was STARVING by the time I got home. Just had leftover veggie stir-fry for "breakfast", it was the fastest thing I could get into me :laugh:
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    mpederson- The massages sound lovely! I wish my health care covered them, I've never had a massage before. I wish I could afford to get one, as my back and shoulders are now in so much pain since I've gotten bigger ughhh. Enjoy!

Helenmelon- I'm starting to look into freezer-friendly meals/recipes. I should probably start cooking soon so I can feed myself and the boyfriend after the baby is here lol The only thing that always stumps me is the thaw/cook times once I pull the meals from the freezer.

AFM- I had my babyshower last Saturday :) It was great, even though the weather was aweful (it rained for 13 hours straight) and traffic was ridiculous, a lot of people were able to show up. I got a few things from my registry, but as expected, most people just bought cute girly clothes, which is appreciate. But I was surprised that I only received 2 packs of diapers, and 2 packs of wipes. So I have to stock up on diapers/wipes/cream before the baby gets here so I’m coupon searching my buns off lol I also finished her nursery (we just need to find an area rug to complete the look), found a bassinet to keep her in for when I’m nursing at night for the first few weeks, but I still need to find someone to help install the carseat. And I also need to start packing/planning my hospital bag.

On August 11th I have a maternity shoot, which should be fun because I’ve never had professional pictures done before. But I’m stressing over picking a location, what to wear, how to do my hair/makeup lol and August 18th is our 8 hour birthing class… that’s going to be a longgggg day lol Anyways, hope everyone is doing great! We’re almost done!

34 weeks – up 26 pounds
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Whoops! I 'closed' the last thread and didn't know it. I didn't see any updates in my topics and then I saw I was post 500.... so hello all that are still around and welcome over to those who are 'new'!

Real quick update from doc appt: I'm 2-3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Could be anytime, could still be a week past my due date of 8/14. Reguardless, it's progress!! I have been having lots of BH since last Thurs when they took out the cerclage, but no real ones that I'm aware of.

Hope you all are doing ok with this weather. We had a 10 day straight stretch of 100+ weather, and so far our highest has been 108! In St. Louis area. Yuck. We had rain for a few hours May 1st, at the tail end of May and that's it! It's so crappy out there! I'm thankful I'm done with work til mid Sept.
  • mpederson
    Options
    sugarbaby "but I still need to find someone to help install the carseat."

Check if your firehall can install your car seat for you! They do here anyways. They have certain days of the month when you can go to any firehall and they'll check your carseat for recalls, and proper installation. Sometimes the police have this service too.
  • myiceisonfire
    Options
    My dr said with all my symptoms it's not looking good. Esp since with my last pregnancy I had pre-e and had to have an emergancy c-section at 32 weeks.... Well our scheduled c-section just got moved up to 37 weeks. August 7th is the big day now. Hopefully I maintain how I've been feeling so I make it to that date!