Ravenclaw Common Room

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    can I just say i love this week's challenges :love: they are right up my alley!!!!!

Running Miles met for July (at 105 and its only the 24th!)
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi! I am training for this week at my new job position and only have intermittent access to a computer at this point. Have a great week all! :drinker:

Datenshi
  • lottee1000
    lottee1000 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! House stuff to follow, first, I'd like to apologise for not being around much, 5 lb gained in two weeks means as of right now I am back on the horse and concentrating hard. I will be checking in every day and it'd be nice if other people were as well!

Today I am going to meet my new house mate for the first time, eek! I will be living with her when I move to Spain in a months time and she will be one of only two people I know in the whole city, so I really hope she's nice!! Then I'm going to go for a run. I am I am I am!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Right, House Stuff now:

Welcome to katemme and TheHistoryLady, I will message you individually in a minute with how to participate.

MomofJandA- thanks fr posting the challenges for us!

Week three check-ins: Well done to Azsuzi, datenshi, kellyisfat and Jadery24 for losing this week!

Currently we are in second place for both the quidditch cup and the House competition, although as there are only two houses reporting consistently then we need to work on that!

Lots of people not weighing in at the moment, if you are friends with them, give them a nudge!!
  • momofJandA
    Options
    broke in my new running shoes with a 10 mile run this morning . . . 2 new blisters and my ummmm . . . glutes are killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hello - my name is Sue and I'm a chocolate addict.

Yesterday I finally found a way to make it through the work day without visiting the candy bowls - I brought a cup of grapes, a handful of fresh cherries, cut up celery chuncks, baby carrots - all to give me bite-size good snacks to shove in my face all day. It worked yesterday and so far its working today!! I am up over 5 pounds from my low last fall and the biggest culprit is the chocolate. Not only is my weight up, but I can see a huge difference in my belly fat. Time to work it off again!

I sure do miss all of the gossip that used to go on in Ravenclaw house. Summertime is always slower, so I expect that in another month or so, people will start popping back in. But in the meantime, I miss all you guys!!
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Something about me: If I have nothing to do, I get nothing done. That is, no school means nothing to procrastinate, which means I have very little drive to get beyond just keeping up with everyone on the MFP iPhone app, lol! I miss the forums, to be completely honest, though. Keeping up on the challenges and with you all really keeps me motivated! As August starts next week (GASP!) I'll be more ready to challenge myself so I'll be pumped and ready to go for school! I want to be back in the full swing of things before moving back into the dorms, so I'll definitely be around here much more often :flowerforyou:

Sue: I've been trying my best to keep stuff like that around to alleviate my sweet cravings! One of my favorite snacks right now is a cup of fresh broccoli florets, 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tbsp of red wine vinegar drizzled over them. Sometimes I'll even add a ~1 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil to make it a little less bitter. It really helps when I get the crunchy munchies :smile:

momofJandA: 10 mile run?????? thats incredible!!! :drinker: sorry about the shoes, though!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Ooh some of your healthy snacks sound amazing! definitely going for broccoli and balsamic, that sounds lush!

just spending one day yesterday being conscientious about logging and thinking about my food meant my wii fit showed a 2lb loss this morning. Now I know it's daily fluctuations and I'll probably still be on that at the end of the week (if I carry on being good!!) but it's nice to see something actually happening. Fingers crossed I don't put it back on! Am meeting a friend this afternoon who will push cake on me I'm sure- am going prepared with some fruit and will hopefully get a run in before then so it doesn't do too much damage!

Sue- I think I'm going to make one of the challenges next month about chocolate just for you!
    Blackhawkgirl- I'm the same- on holiday, so that means laziness in all forms! I am trying to do better though from yesterday!

EDIT- (2 hours later...) Went for that run! Win! That means I can eat cake!!!
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Had a neighbor ask me if I have lost weight yesterday not that I was big before, I replied no but the truth is maybe I have but I can't see it. :(
  • hippiefemme
    hippiefemme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Amber, and I would like to be sorted into Ravenclaw. What do I need to do to get started? Thank you!
  • korkster
    korkster Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody!

My buddy Craft338 came and visited me a couple of weeks ago and gave me all the clothes that she's too skinny for... and that I can now fit into. It was a lot of fun not going shopping. :) Anyhoo, I've been wearing them throughout the week and I'm quite happy with them. It changes it up, and gives me something to aspire to. There are a few awesome jeans that I want to wear, and that I can close, but don't want to sit in yet.

Healthy snacks have been something I've been cheering for since I joined, and I use it everyday. My desk drawer is full of low calorie stuff, and I bring celery, carrots, and snap peas to work everyday. I have oranges on stand by as well.

I've been exercising, but I messed up my ankle so I won't be jogging any time soon. I've been burning calories, but on my FitBit the "actual exercise" I enter is below 400, although my summed exercise is about 2900 calories. Not sure if I should count the exercise or not.
  • korkster
    Options
    Figured out the calorie thing. I let MFP translate FitBit, then if it's over 400, then I count it. That'll work. :)
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Morning all!

Well I just about coped with the cake yesterday, it was close on the calories though!

Twifan- is there someone else you can ask for a second opinion? It's often hard to see your own shape changing so maybe your neighbour is right?

Amber- you should have a message from me! Welcome to Ravenclaw!

Korkster- sensible solution! What did you do to your ankle? That's annoying! Great that you've got a whole new free wardrobe though, love that!
  • korkster
    Options
    While both my foot & I were asleep, I tried to stand up and ended up standing on my ankle. Now it's tender with roll-outs. I just have to be careful for a while until it heals.

Today is a wonderful day! My friend got a promotion, I'm wearing hippie jewelry, and it Friday! Yay!
  • lottee1000
    Options
    Morning all!

I love that Korkster is so happy on Fridays, I would normally be but as it's school holidays at the moment then I'm happy every day!

Stayed up late last night to watch the Olympic opening ceremony- everyone (more or less) here in the UK thought it was great, but I'd be interested to here what other people thought? Good/bad/confusing/odd?!

I have messaged the Headteacher about challenges for next week as they're not published yet. If i don't hear then I'll make some up for Ravenclaw tomorrow, however if you're weighing in today and need to start on challenges then please use the old challenges for today and tomorrow, and then start the new challenges when they're posted.
    Happy weekend Ravenclaw!
  • korkster
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!

It's only 11am and I feel like I've done a lot. Woke up, went to work, walked for 20 minutes, went to zumba, showered... now I'm about to hit the Farmer's Market for the first time. Woot!

I've *almost* lost the weight I gained at Comic-Con. Was it worth back-tracking for 2 weeks after 9 days of fun? ... yeah. I think so. I could have done without some of the snacks but the rest of it was a blast, so I'm not going to regret it.

However, it's full steam ahead towards 80 pounds lost. I got a lot of things I want to do, but can't with this extra weight on me, so time to kick it up a notch and get rid of it. I'm even thinking of making a goal to lose 100 pounds within the year. October (end of) is just around the corner, which means I have about 20 more pounds left to lose. I think it's realistic because I was SO overweight, but the hurdle into One-ville is where most people hit "the plateau". Luckily (?) I'm not there yet. :wink:

I think I'm going to switch my weigh-in day to Sunday because Saturdays are just too busy to hit the scale first thing in the morning.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Matchamatcha
    Matchamatcha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Back after a bit of an awol/hiatus. I had a really bad cold/chest infection so I haven't been able to go to the gym for the last 3 weeks, and for some reason I've just been huuungry all the time lately! Like I could just eat and eat and eat. Even when my tummy is full, I could still eat! Ugh. Because of this I've put on 1kg-1.5kg back that it took me quite a lot of effort to lose :angry:.

After some careful examination this "hunger" is really boredom/stress, and I've decided to kind of go back to the start diet-wise. Lot's of mental pep talks for myself varying between encouragement/abuse :laugh: . I thought I was past this stage but I guess I've gotten lazy...

Soooo. Tomorrow I will be back in the gym. Today I went out for lunch, but I'm having a healthy, low-cal dinnner.

Hope all y'all have been doing well.

And @Korkster, I can't believe you got to go to Comic-Con! I'm so jealous, it looked amazing :happy:. I would love to go there as a holiday eventually.
  • momofJandA
    Options
    Good morning Ravenclaws!!!
    Going on vacation tomorrow- I HATE PACKING!!!!!!!
    I'm going to take a break from logging while at the beach- we'll see how much the scale dislikes this idea when I get home (however that means I also have to take a break from the scale which may actually be good for me)
    The plan is to run on the beach every morning- of course with 2 young kids we'll see how that actually goes :ohwell:
    I usually run for distance but will run for time because there's no real way to track my mileage- gotta say I'm already feeling anxious/nervous about it- I like to know exactly how far I ran, in exactly how long, and my exact pace . . .
  • azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday Ravenclaw! Taking a short tour of the web before I get down to work studying for - and then taking - my midterm in statistics. This class is kicking my butt, but I WILL get through it!!

@momofJandA - maybe while you're at the beach, let go of the stress of time/distance and immerse yourself in the beach air, smells and sounds while you run. It will rejuvenate your soul! :flowerforyou: I absolutely love the beach and wish I could go more often. Heck - I wish I could live there!!

So, I'm up 4 pounds for the month. Yesterday I realized that when I get frustrated, I eat. I've known that for a long time, but it really came into focus for me while I was doing my homework. Whenever I got confused and couldn't get my brain to understand what I needed, I would get up from my desk, go into the kitchen and grab something to eat. Whenever I got frustrated because the lesson was just not making sense, I would get up from my desk, go into the kitchen and grab something to eat. I did that so often yesterday that the lightbulb finally went on and I had that "AH-HA" moment - not for my lesson, but for my eating trigger! :laugh: Now that I understand that about myself, I can at least try to limit the damage by grabbing better-for-me snacks.

Have a glorious day everyone!
  • korkster
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am pretty much back where I started, pre-Comic-Con. It's a lot of fun to go, but food options are scarce to none. Gotta watch out for quantity of your healthy snacks.

Was planning on hitting zumba again today, we'll see how that goes. Have a great Sunday everyone!