Niha's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Usually I have my OMAD meal around 6 pm. Today i had a chicken salad around 1 pm at work, which was somewhere around 300 calories. Definitely it was nowhere near my minimum calorie intake. How do I put in the remaining calories for day? Either I skip everything now and have my meal tomorrow or Today would not be an OMAD day.. Any suggestions?
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When I can't excuse myself from a business meal, I've tried to have just a plain salad with dressing, no croutons etc. then I have a normal OMAD meal at night. Doesn't seem to interfere with progress.

In your case where you consumed 300 calories mid day, I would try to just eat really light that day. But if you do this too much I'm afraid it risks slowing weight loss.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @leveejohn ohh i see.. Good that i just had a light meal in the evening
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    If you skip the evening food, you may be setting yourself up for failure the next day.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Lost another kg! I am surprised, really. With just around 450 cal yesterday, i was skeptical about any progress this morning. Really surprised to see another kg go by. I hope i am able to keep it away from coming back. I want to achieve my first short term goal of reaching my pre- pregnancy weight, 87 kg. I would be so glad to be there.

Weight loss journey start date : 15th Feb, 2017
    Starting weight on 15th Feb : 105 kg
    OMAD start date : 2nd April
    OMAD starting weight : 96.4 kg
    Weight on 8th April : 94.0 kg
    Weight loss with OMAD: 2.4 kg
    Total weight loss: 11 kg
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @blambo61 yeah even i thought so! Surprise surprise! :smiley:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats!!! Your progress is amazing!! You're motivation for all of us!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @1MADGIRL thanks a lot, so much motivation and inspiration around this group :smiley:
  • mikseyniha
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Well, I actually gained 300gms today. Yesterday was kind of feast day for me but i remained well under my bmr limit. Looks like a surge due to my approaching chums. Expect to gain a little while they come and go.. However, effectively lost 2.1 kg or 4.6 lbs in the first week :smiley:

Weight loss journey start date : 15th Feb, 2017
    Starting weight on 15th Feb : 105 kg
    OMAD start date : 2nd April
    OMAD starting weight : 96.4 kg
    Weight on 9th April : 94.3 kg
    Weight loss with OMAD: 2.1 kg
    Total weight loss: 10.7 kg
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You amaze me. Nearly 5# in the first week - wow! Great work. BTW, I agree with your tactic of eating a light meal at night when you break your fast at noon. Two things count. Total number of calories, and number of consecutive hours without food. The latter your body uses to re-up the hormones needed for burning fat, and then it has time to actually burn some fat. Once you break your fast with a noontime meal, you have nothing to lose by adding in a little something in the evening. Your next long fast will be until the next evening meal, and that is nearly 24 hours.
    Good work!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Week 2 update:
    My weight fluctuated a lot this week due to my TOM. Still ended up with a good loss of 800 gms or 1.8 lbs.
    Week........... Weight.................... .. Loss........
    1....…............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... 2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…..........93.2 kg/205 lbs..........0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    Total weight loss in 2 OMAD weeks: 3.2 kg/7.08 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Awesomeeeee
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    1.8 LB loss is great!!! KUTGW :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks buddies :smiley:
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Off and running. Good job.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Really glad to have your support. Sometimes the goal seems too far, but seeing so many success stories around, I try to stay motivated.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! BTW, I got a good chuckle out of you saying you couldn't help getting on the scale because you can see it. I do the same thing. lolol
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    You're doing a great job! It takes a Herculean effort to do 7# in 2 wks, and YOU have done it!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks a ton guys.. Your praises play a huge role in motivating me :)