Niha's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I agree with the others, I would wait a week to weigh too...If you dont lose you could try going lower with your carbs... Keep doing what your doing for now and drink lots of water too :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    @brendagaudette thanks for ur inputs. Will definitely wait till my official weigh in :smile:
  • mikseyniha
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am sorry guys I just couldn't stop myself from stepping on that scale again this morning. I gained another 0.6 lbs.. I am worried now that my efforts would go waste. I gained 2.2 lbs since Sunday.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I have caught cold flu since yesterday. Not sure if that has anything to do with the weight gain. Wanted to log the info here, just in case it matters.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Remember, some do terribly on low-carb diets (I certainly do). Try the opposite approach.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Remember, some do terribly on low-carb diets (I certainly do). Try the opposite approach.

Glad you mentioned it Joe. Will up my carba a little and see how it works.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Yes, like 1Madgirl wrote, it could be water weight. It happened to me last week, and I was told the same thing. Now I'm down 5 pounds from last Tuesday--but it's not my official weigh-in, Friday is. Weight fluctuates too much. I'm trying extra hard to back off daily weigh-ins. It's not easy, mentally you feel lighter and when your clothes look looser, ugh. So tempting to hop on. lol

Is your monthly cycle due anytime soon? That could be another reason.

I weigh every day and I report my lowest weight of the week as the week's weight loss because of weekly fluctuations. For me, it is good to know what is going on and not mistaking a higher reading for a weight gain when it is not.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I'm still doing dailies as well, I just don't report in until my one week weigh-in. I am axing the wee mid-morning hour one though, when I wake to pee. lol Just sharing wisdom I watched from Joe's Youtube on weigh-ins. :-D
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Week 3 update:
    OMAD on 4 days and water fast on 3 days. Broke my fast last evening, 15 hrs ago, with watermelon and chicken clear soup. No additional carbs. Will try to stay off carbs in the coming week.
    Week........... Weight.................... .. Loss........
    1....…............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... 2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…..........93.2 kg/205 lbs..........0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs..... 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    Total weight loss in 3 OMAD weeks: 4.8 kg/10.56 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs

Amazing niha...
    I started OMAD 3weeks ago too... today am gonna weigh for my week 3 results.. i lost 4lbs in 2 weeks...
    Great going..
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @NoMoreAfatChick 4lbs in 2 weeks is great! Have you weighed yourself today? I am rooting for you :smiley:
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @NoMoreAfatChick 4lbs in 2 weeks is great! Have you weighed yourself today? I am rooting for you :smiley:

I did but i gained 0.1kgs... kind of disappointed and sad coz tomorrow am going on a vacation(Miami) for 5days and i don't wanna gain more and more :(
  • mikseyniha
    Options

I did but i gained 0.1kgs... kind of disappointed and sad coz tomorrow am going on a vacation(Miami) for 5days and i don't wanna gain more and more :(

That could really be water weight. Don't be sad about it. Keep yourself in check while on vacation. If OMAD is not possible, try to keep the daily total calorie intake under your bmr.
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    I increased my carbs a little, total around 60 gms, and this morning my weight has come down. Lost 1.7 lbs overnight. I am so so relieved :smiley: I guess I need some carbs like Joe said. Some people can't lose without carbs. Although not sure why..
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I increased my carbs a little, total around 60 gms, and this morning my weight has come down. Lost 1.7 lbs overnight. I am so so relieved :smiley: I guess I need some carbs like Joe said. Some people can't lose without carbs. Although not sure why..

That's awesome! Congratulations! Though all human, sometimes our bodies have different needs that's why. :-) I like to try and keep balance, whether during my meal or throughout the week. I switch things up a lot. I do not follow all or nothing plans anymore, I want to eat how I'm going to eat for the rest of my life, now. When losing weight, regardless of strict plans or not, it's about calorie deficit. I figure getting to goal by eating what I always will is the best way to go for me. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @wsandy8512 I couldn't agree more. After all, its important that we should be able to maintain after all the losses. Btw, I have noticed that I am constantly under 1000 calories every day. I cannot eat more than 700 to 800 calories in one meal. Do you think that would matter?
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @wsandy8512 I couldn't agree more. After all, its important that we should be able to maintain after all the losses. Btw, I have noticed that I am constantly under 1000 calories every day. I cannot eat more than 700 to 800 calories in one meal. Do you think that would matter?

I asked Joe the same question, I started only being able to eat like 400-500/meal. I'm only a couple of weeks in, but now I am getting in about 1200/meal, but my food journal shows under when I add in exercise.

If you are only eating that a day, I do think it will matter. You may try expanding your eating window a bit. I think, don't hold me to this, Blambo has a 2-4 hour eating window and gets their calorie needs met by having the meal and then eating healthy snacks over the rest of the span. Eating too few calories will cause stress on your body. Don't be afraid to open your window and slowly build up your calories, that's what I would do in your situation. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Thanks @wsandy8512 for your thoughts. Will definitely try and squeeze in some additional healthy calories :smile:
  • wsandy8512
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Please know that most of the time, my thought process regarding this are my own coupled with watching Joe's channel as well as what I've picked up from veteran OMAD'ers here. I watch two of Joe's videos a day, very informative. I've had many "aha" moments thanks to them. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Week 4 results:
    Gained a few pounds due to low carb high fat high protein diet. But managed to get down and maintain my water fast weight loss from previous week. Not that great results but happy to see that I did not gain overall.

Week........... Weight.................... .. Loss........
    1....…............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... 2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…..........93.2 kg/205 lbs..........0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs..... 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    4.............…..…91.2 kg/200.6 lbs...... 0.4 kg/ 0.9 lbs
    Total weight loss in 4 OMAD weeks: 5.2 kg/11.44 lbs
    Total weight loss since beginning: 13.8 kg/30.5 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    It's still great that you lost .4g, but I know how you feel, I had a teaser weigh-in last week. It's like your body's way of saying, "Well, alright, you've done well. I suppose I'll give you something past the decimal point." :smiley: