Niha's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I am doing a 72 hour water only fast. This is more to cleanse my body and to reset my system. If i achieve a weight loss, it will be an additional benefit. I feel i am now used to 23 Hr fasts and now want to try an extended fasting seeing the benefits. As this is my first 72 hr fast, my goal is to go as long as possible. If i make it to 72 hrs, I will be glad. If not, i will still be glad about my achievement.

I had my last meal about 3 hours ago which makes me 3 hrs into the fast. 69 hrs to go.. I will be back to OMAD after the fast.

See you all!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I look forward to hearing about your extended fast. Take care and see you when you get back :-)
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I hope you make it!!!!!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    The first 24 hrs of my water fast just went by. I felt quite hungry right at the 24 hr mark, when i usually have my OMAD.. I cheated though and had half an apple to ease myself and now I am back to my fast. I feel quite ok and not as miserable as I thought I would. No weight loss as of now but I am fine with that.
  • amflautist
    Options
    Keep it up. I'm right behind you! Closing in on 24 hours very soon ...
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    @amflautist are you fasting too? How long have you made it so far?

39 hours gone and I feel great! No hunger no side effects or anything.. And i lost 1 kg or 2.2 lbs.. Weighed 92.3 kg/203.06 lbs. Although this could be water weight but I hope to not gain much of it back. 33 hours to go..
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Way to go, guys. This makes nearly 36 hours for me right now. Am cleaning myself out after a small case of apparent food poisoning.
  • amflautist
    Options
    30+ hours. No hunger at all.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Hope your feeling
    Way to go, guys. This makes nearly 36 hours for me right now. Am cleaning myself out after a small case of apparent food poisoning.

Oh no that is awful, I've only had it once in my life and it was excruciating pain :( I hope you're feeling better soon o:)
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I do a water fast once a week and its usually between 36 and 40 hours, but I could never do 72 hours... I think I would pass out going that long :p
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    46 hrs into the fast and My energy levels are quite good.. Much better than I expected.. It was getting a little difficult at the 24 hr mark but after that I kept feeling better..
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    wow ur both amazing!
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Less than 9 hours remaining for my 3 day water fast to complete. I feel totally fine. Bloating has reduced quite a bit. Feel so light and calm. Weighed 91.7 kg/201.7 lbs today. Lost 2.2 kg/4.8 lbs so far on my water fast. Shall break my fast with fresh watermelon :smile:
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Less than 9 hours remaining for my 3 day water fast to complete. I feel totally fine. Bloating has reduced quite a bit. Feel so light and calm. Weighed 91.7 kg/201.7 lbs today. Lost 2.2 kg/4.8 lbs so far on my water fast. Shall break my fast with fresh watermelon :smile:

Super, my friend. Next, you will be going for a 5-day.
  • mikseyniha
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks Joe! 5 day? :smiley: I think I will do a 3 day water fast every month. Not sure if i will be able to do a 5 day :P
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    Back to my OMAD. I am about to break my fast in an hour with a bowl of watermelon and then a bowl of chicken clear soup. Might add in some chicken pieces as well in there. Just this. I just hope to maintain my weight loss or at least not gain back all of it.
  • Brendalea69
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Good job!!! :)
  • amflautist
    Options
    Great job!! I admire your persistence.

I'm ashamed to admit that I caved at 2 days (46 hours). Walked into the kitchen and thought, why not? I will try again.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Here's hoping you maintain rather than gain. :-)