Niha's OMAD Journal

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    Great job!! I admire your persistence.

I'm ashamed to admit that I caved at 2 days (46 hours). Walked into the kitchen and thought, why not? I will try again.

Thats alright! U made it till 46 hours which is great! There's always room for more :smile:
  • mikseyniha
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Way to go! Here's hoping you maintain rather than gain. :-)

Yeah i hope so too! Thanks :)
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    You're welcome :-)
  • mikseyniha
    Week 3 update:
    OMAD on 4 days and water fast on 3 days. Broke my fast last evening, 15 hrs ago, with watermelon and chicken clear soup. No additional carbs. Will try to stay off carbs in the coming week.
    Week........... Weight.................... .. Loss........
    1....…............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... 2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…..........93.2 kg/205 lbs..........0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs..... 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    Total weight loss in 3 OMAD weeks: 4.8 kg/10.56 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Great work!
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Fantastic achievement!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You're doing awesome, KUTGW :)
  • mikseyniha
    Thanks everyone for so much encouragement :smile:
    Going low carb is really working! Keeping them below 50gm per day, that too from veggies only. No additional grains, corn or breads. I was so worried that I might gain some of the lost weight from my water fast. But surprisingly I have not gained back anything! In fact, i am continuing to lose more and most probably that's because of my low carb diet. So all you people who are trying to get past plateaus, go for low carb diet! It really works!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I agree :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    amflautist wrote: »
    Great job!! I admire your persistence.

I'm ashamed to admit that I caved at 2 days (46 hours). Walked into the kitchen and thought, why not? I will try again.

2 days is really good. I really wish I could do two days! Maybe some day :) Congrats on your 2 day fast
  • 1MADGIRL
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Week 3 update:
    OMAD on 4 days and water fast on 3 days. Broke my fast last evening, 15 hrs ago, with watermelon and chicken clear soup. No additional carbs. Will try to stay off carbs in the coming week.
    Week........... Weight.................... .. Loss........
    1....…............94 kg/206.8 lbs.......... 2.4 kg / 5.28 lbs
    2.......…..........93.2 kg/205 lbs..........0.8 kg/ 1.8 lbs
    3.....….............91.6 kg/201.5 lbs..... 1.6 kg/ 3.52 lbs
    Total weight loss in 3 OMAD weeks: 4.8 kg/10.56 lbs
    Goal weight range is 60 to 65 kg or 132 to 143 lbs

You awesome person!!!!
  • 1MADGIRL
    mikseyniha wrote: »
    Thanks everyone for so much encouragement :smile:
    Going low carb is really working! Keeping them below 50gm per day, that too from veggies only. No additional grains, corn or breads. I was so worried that I might gain some of the lost weight from my water fast. But surprisingly I have not gained back anything! In fact, i am continuing to lose more and most probably that's because of my low carb diet. So all you people who are trying to get past plateaus, go for low carb diet! It really works!

Good advice! I'll try this !
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    I hope your low-carb is exactly what you need!! You are doing an outstanding job.
  • mikseyniha
    I gained 1.5 lbs since Sunday :( Not sure why. I have been reducing my carbs and slightly increased protien and fats. Am I supposed to reduce it further? Or should I just give it a week before my official weigh in?
  • 1MADGIRL
    Could just be water weight. A few days is not enough to know for sure! Stick with it so you'll learn if its the cause or not :)
  • wsandy8512
    Yes, like 1Madgirl wrote, it could be water weight. It happened to me last week, and I was told the same thing. Now I'm down 5 pounds from last Tuesday--but it's not my official weigh-in, Friday is. Weight fluctuates too much. I'm trying extra hard to back off daily weigh-ins. It's not easy, mentally you feel lighter and when your clothes look looser, ugh. So tempting to hop on. lol

Is your monthly cycle due anytime soon? That could be another reason.
  • mikseyniha
    You guys are probably right. I just can't resist stepping on that scale every morning, especially when I am so excited to see the results of my commitment.

@wsandy8512 I am due around the 8th next month so that shouldn't be the cause, right? Let's see how this week goes. I'll keep you all posted :smiley:
  • 1MADGIRL
    haha i keep hoping my period comes (its a week late) so I can blame the plateau on my period ... still waiting...
  • wsandy8512
    @mikseyniha PMS generally begins within 1-2 weeks before cycle, so it is a possibility. Doesn't mean you can't lose weight, the loss just may slow down a bit. :-)
  • mikseyniha
    edited April 2017
    @1MADGIRL you could possibly gain, especially since your periods are late. I hope it shows up for you soon. :smile:

@wsandy8512 i hope that is causing the weight gain.

Its so nice to see so much support from all of you. It really plays a huge role in boosting my morale and encouraging me whenever i feel sad or let down. And sharing makes this journey even easier. So much to know and learn from all of you. Thank you so much everyone. I am so so so glad to have found this forum. Special thanks to @arguablysamson for welcoming all of us here :smiley: