100 days log (plus progress, struggles and reflections)

Options
daneejela
daneejela Posts: 461 Member
edited July 2017 in Social Groups
This is thread where we log our daily yoga practice and where we can also share our daily struggles, tips, ask for advices, celebrate our progress.. :)

You can log each day (like day 1- done, day 2 -done etc.) or you can log weekly (day 1-7 done, day 8-15 done etc. ), however fits you the best. The most important thing is to do yoga routine every day and to log that you did it so that we can support, motivate and inspire each other. :)

Replies

• daneejela
    Options
    Day 1 done!

I did a sequence:
    plank - downward dog - three legged down.dog - low lunge - high lunge - side angle - warrior 2 - reverse warrior - triangle - half moon - warrior 3

Some of the poses I am not so familiar with and I have to check what is correct way of doing it (low lunge, high lunge, reverse warrior). That being said, I feel pretty great :)
  • Hannah2Heart
    Hannah2Heart Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Day 1 completed

https://youtu.be/oBu-pQG6sTY

This is what I did.... I watched it last night to see what I was getting into and in my head I was like, "Looks doable... I've totally got this!!!"

However.....

I actually sweated. I can not plank... well, 1.5 seconds. I'm waaaaayyyyyy weaker than I thought I was. My back muscles are crap.... along with my core. Just sitting "head over heart; heart over pelvis" was a struggle!!!! I have HORRIBLE posture. Does it hurt anyone else's tail bone when you lay flat on your back and draw your knees to your chest?!?! Or "rock" in that pose?!?! I swear it feels like my entire sacrum and nerves there are getting smashed by a hammer when I do it...?

:( But I did it... all... as much as my body allowed. Seriously curious about where I'll be after 100 days.
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

8/1 done - 20 minutes Morning Yoga with Adrienne

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I just cannot wait to get home and do yoga! BUT..I am doing yoga poses at my standing desk (I'm in a private area in the office). Working on my tree pose in skinny jeans - haha kinda not very giving like yoga pants!! :#
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Day 1: did good morning sequence recommended by daneejela, and 35 minute Adriene video. Me and "balancing stick pose" don't get along. The word balance is key. As I get stronger, the balance will be easier (I hope).
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 1: vinyasa flow! Feels so good after!
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Day 1 = DONE. I only did about 20 minutes--did some poses I know from classes + a few from Kerri Verna's instagram. I found out yesterday that I have a major back surgery in my near future and I am totally freaked out. Between now and the surgery I want to use yoga to get my core and balance and posture better and to help me calm down. It's a tall order!!
  • jackinorrie
    jackinorrie Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You made this sound SO fun ( ;);) ) that I am going to try it tomorrow! I'll let you know if my tailbone hurts ... Hahahaha!! Jacki
    Day 1 completed

This is what I did.... I watched it last night to see what I was getting into and in my head I was like, "Looks doable... I've totally got this!!!"

However.....

I actually sweated. I can not plank... well, 1.5 seconds. I'm waaaaayyyyyy weaker than I thought I was. My back muscles are crap.... along with my core. Just sitting "head over heart; heart over pelvis" was a struggle!!!! I have HORRIBLE posture. Does it hurt anyone else's tail bone when you lay flat on your back and draw your knees to your chest?!?! Or "rock" in that pose?!?! I swear it feels like my entire sacrum and nerves there are getting smashed by a hammer when I do it...?

:( But I did it... all... as much as my body allowed. Seriously curious about where I'll be after 100 days.

• EbJ88
    EbJ88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done, Considered doing 3 rounds of this 30 days of yoga challenge, but I think once I complete this 30 day I will find a different 30 set to change things up and keep my body challenged. I much better after than I did when I started, even though this first introductory was only 15 minutes. Today I have day-after-leg-day soreness, and it has considerably lessened. I feel lighter and more loose. I can not wait to see the progress after 30 days.
    I just have to make sure I have plenty of space for my body to stretch out completely in my room. I completely rearranged my room specifically for this, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzonBs06mX8
  • Hannah2Heart
    Hannah2Heart Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Day 2 completed

https://youtu.be/TB2ISQZ5Mb0

I had to really have a pep talk with myself before starting this round. It's really important to have a purpose. And it's really important to keep your purpose at the forefront of everything you do. Me losing weight, being healthy, and getting strong is so much more important than my uncomfortableness right now.

I'll share my purpose.... I turn 30 in February. I would love to enjoy my 30's because my 20's were hell. Part of enjoying life is being healthy in every facet of your life. I'm focusing on my health for now and I know it will trickle into the other areas.

What's your purpose?
  • daneejela
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Hannah2Heart @MiamiSeoul @EBJ88 @drabbits2 @carlsoda @jackinorrie @SheilaCali

Awesome work girls! First day is the hardest, so we just conquered the hardest day! :)

It's ok if we feel not-so-graceful at this point, the harder it is now, the sweeter will be results.
    Please only be careful if you have any injuries, go easy and gently with your body and it will reward you for it :)

jean-mireault-mediamed-technologies-how-to-optimize-clinical-performance-with-local-patient-based-costing-44-638.jpg?cb=1393182829
  • daneejela
    Options
    @Hannah2Heart
    that is a great question!

I am in my early 30s and much of what you wrote resonates with me.
    My 20s were mostly crazy time when I was using what was given to me. Now I feel like I am going into part of my life where I need to create, build most of what my life is gonna be.
    I would like to start a family and I would like to build healthy habits that I can pass on to my kids.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    drabbits2 wrote: »
    Day 1 = DONE. I only did about 20 minutes--did some poses I know from classes + a few from Kerri Verna's instagram. I found out yesterday that I have a major back surgery in my near future and I am totally freaked out. Between now and the surgery I want to use yoga to get my core and balance and posture better and to help me calm down. It's a tall order!!

Oh no I am so sorry. I had a bulged disk about 4 years ago and when they threatened surgery on me I tried a chiropractor. So far it's been ok but yoga has really helped too. I had the sciatic nerve pinch with some nerve damage in my leg, but I feel like I've completely recovered. Good luck!!!
  • daneejela
    Options
    Day 2/100 ✔️

• Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Day 1 completed

However.....

Yes, it kills me to do that! Like my tailbone is digging into the floor.
    But you did it!! Awesome!
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Day 2 complete! I did Below the Belt for DDPYoga. I'm not sure what the names are in regular yoga for most of the moves that I did...he renames them so they sound more manly and yes yoga-y. Not a lot of getting on the floor. Looking up poses, it looks like lots of chair pose, extended side angle, garland pose, high lunge, crescent high lunge, standing forward bend, plank, standing half forward bend, warrior pose 1 and 2...and some others. I should learn the actual names of the poses so if someone asks I know!
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I just found and started Ease into it 30 days on youtube and started it. I was looking on MFP forums to see if I should log this under strength and I found this group! I joined! I'm a day late, but better late than not at all! I have RA and have not exercised much at all in the last 3 years. I just completed day 1 :)
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Day 2: did about 30 minutes, but there was a lot of "flow" and legs in the air. Whew, I got sweaty too. I'm doing a lot of pushups this week (from another challenge), so the warrior variations were great for stretching out my back. Nice. The amount of time on my arms is almost too much to handle. No wonder those yogis have such toned arms and shoulders- from all the poses they seem to hold forever. I talked with a woman in her 60's who's really toned-she's been practicing for 15 years. Wow. 98 days to go, ha ha! One day at a time....I'm glad it's not a race to the finish.
  • VampireAngelWings
    VampireAngelWings Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Day 1 done. Have not done yoga in awhile so I did two small 15 minute sessions for beginners.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 2 done: yoga with Adriene Yoga for Psoas. Great practice today!