Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    eghyh87twy60.jpg

Another beautiful day full of sunshine. A quiet time, a few chores then a book to read. Until that is George threw himself into the duck pond chasing a stone my neighbour threw for him! Into the baby bath to wash off the silt and duck weed, especially as I had just finished shampooing the carpet and now back to my book.

Have a good Good Friday everyone. Stay safe.
    Jackie <3
  • pinkperil
    Definitely Worcester china Lin. I recognise the ceramic roses in the bowl. :)
    Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    We went to the mailbox and nearly got blown off our feet. VERY windy. Not a soul out and for the first time ever no church goers cars cluttering the streets. Eerily quiet, but kinda nice. Now to assemble the aforementioned fishcakes.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,273 Member
    Happy Good Friday! :) I just finished a scrambled egg and a small yogurt as like Anne I do not eat meat on Good Friday. Will have a hard boiled egg for lunch and some pasta for dinner.
    We are back to rainy chilly weather after two days of beautiful weather. I am also doing laundry but nothing other than riding my bike later.
    Comcast sent me the wrong boxes so now I have to wait another three days for the new ones and hope they are correct.
    No word on my grocery order that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but we will see.
    My friend's daughter did these signs for me for my grandkids, aren't they cute?
    52dsurvmb8ws.png

Have a peaceful and blessed day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Pasta is on the boil that I'll have with salad and then, because it's been such a warm day, a chocolate and mint ice cream cone.
    I managed to speak to my brother living in Spain where he hears a rumour their lockdown might ease next week... he's not holding his breath! Other than that he's well but bored.
    I love the collage for the kiddos Sandy. Great fun and so thoughtful.

Kettle boiling for my tea. 😊
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,365 Member
    Sending a laugh. Alien teapot.🤗

0l96josgcolz.jpeg
  • Gawanne35
    Alien green tea?
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Hello darling sneakers! It ilks a cloudy day but I am not sure if it is to rain. Sort of chilly. Good Friday is always a quiet and contemplative day. Another time we might have been attending church.

Today I am making split pea soup and cheese toast for dinner. We eat fish several times a week so this will work as a Good Friday supper. I have really felt the arthritis lately. Let’s me know that I am alive and in need of a few exercises and maybe some apercream.

Not having wee ones around during Easter time makes it less special as a family event. but we do pretend our Katie is a rambunctious 5 year old. I can understand Sandy’s need to be with her grandchildren. I know they miss her as well.

This “shelter in place “ order isn’t so boring. Living out in the country, we always have chores that need attention. We have a large collection of dvds and music CDs as well as chess, checkers and cards. John beats me every time in chess. I nail him often in gin rummy. We have lots of board games that can be played with just two people. That and Katie is very demanding. Many games of ball and playing with all of her dollies. I suspect we all have devised ways to spend our time productively. Creative and intelligent sneakers will be just fine while We wait this out.
    Patsy☘️
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Aha! The interesting end of all new posts, fascinating insights, lovely or funny teapots etc! Such a joy to be part of you. And certainly wishing all who celebrate GOOD FRIDAY as peaceful a day as you can muster today!
    ucv424kckjpy.png
    And remember to be grateful for the GOOD things we still have while trusting the other will pass! I try to think of other times!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    mamwijfbhyy9.jpg

Another beautiful day greeted me so out early with the pooches before it got too hot.
    I'm now thinking over a coffee about what I want to do with my time. No doubt more gardening but also a few calls to catch up with friends to check they are coping.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone.
    Stay safe and well.
    <3 Jackie
  • Gawanne35
    Good Friday, normally such a sad day, but mine was rather enjoyable. Lots of emails and cards from delightful people, my beautiful tulips, little Bean who is always delightful and to top it all off $443 appeared in my bank account which I THINK is a gift from Justin. Enough to keep me in Easter eggs and Jilly in chicken for some time. Providing both are available of course!

And so we start the joyous part of Easter when everything turns out well, and maybe, just maybe, this dreadful plague will peter out and disappear.

So, happy, happy Easter dear friends and may the Easter bunny hop out of quarantine and fill your lives with lovely chocolate Easter eggs.

Anne and Bean.🌷🌷🌷🌷 🐶🙃🐇🌷🌷🌷🌷
  • linder4866
    Good morning. Cold today and forecast to be colder and wetter all weekend. Maybe even a dusting of snow. Staying in. Haaaa, of course. I saved half a package of tofu and will be air frying that tomorrow. No grocery delivery available so will start to use more of my frozen veggies. May even make “banana nice cream” aka vegan banana ice cream. ❤️❤️

Hugs to my dear friends and continued wishes for health and safety.

Lin 🙋🏼‍♀️
  • linder4866
    y3819mjstg9t.jpeg
  • linder4866
    A two teapot day? A novelty teapot.

plhuf500yg3j.jpeg
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2020
    Happy Holy Saturday :) My groceries are due today and in checking my order it says my shopper will be shopping today so I can't add anything else to order. I hope it really does come today because I am running out of food. They will ring bell and I will go open my garage for them to leave in garage and Bryanna will come and clean all my groceries. That is the plan but we will see, I can't leave frozen food out too long.
    It is nice and sunny right now and should get up to 60 before afternoon showers come.
    I have no garden to attend so nothing exciting going on here. I will call my brother to see how he is doing and of course the video call with kiddos who have now found a way to make funny faces on their mom's IPad. We played for a half hour yesterday so it was fun.

Have a great day and stay positive. Watch this a see how some things are better with the virus.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clmAQKWOmPc

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    A quiet day for me, but I am enthralled with SANDY's video! What is it telling us? I would like to find the URL and share it with the many people I know who need a cheering up!
    I think I see a small improvement, but am not certain. Unfortunately, someone on staff has shown symptoms of the virus, although not in my building. We all pray and keep our fingers crossed!
    Now off the prednisone and expect swelling in legs to start returning. My aide is suggesting I get my legs up now. So checking in to say hi, love you all and STAY WELL!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2020
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    High clouds but a few sun breaks here and there. I am sure I saw the Easter bunny hopping around early this morning. It could have been our resident kitty that lives with us part time. Our crow “Mr. Jeckle” was back on the gate. How long do crows live? I really like him so I hope he doesn’t go away any time soon.

I get so maniacal about the virus and the economy and politics, it is best that I keep making masks, cleaning house, painting tarot card designs and crossing and uncrossing my fingers. Odd thing about the tarot card project. That fortune teller woman seems to have moved or went on vacation or met with some unknown disaster. She Was pleased with my design of the tower card and the lovers card. She was to suggest some images for the king of cups card. She has disappeared like a wisp of smoke. Oh well....I will try to continue to work on a design for regular playing cards. Adapt!

I tried to set up a zoom account for us on Easter. You have no idea how much trouble I have with technology. I barely know how to turn on the iPad and it turns itself on! Where is my grandson when I need help with this kind of thing?

Wishing you a lovely day today and a blessed and peaceful Easter. I am sorry so many are ill and the threat is still very much with us. But I believe in Easter.

John and I will have a small Easter dinner and phone chats with family. Still we are lucky and blessed! I am going out to see if I can find any flowers to cut for the dining room table. Pink Camellias might work. The Cala lilies are full of ants so they stay outside.
    Hop-a-long Patsy☘️

• linder4866
    Happy Easter

wx4k77o6z97v.jpeg

Hugs❤️❤️

Lin
  • Sandydur
    l0dd62ytcyby.png