Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,091 Member
    Options
    Teapot and more

“Finally found and bought the square teapot for my Mason's Bow Bells from the 1940s. My parents lived on a sailboat and these were their dishes, full service for 12, passed from my Gram.”

bllp9vk7r9n0.jpeg

The poster also included a photo of the set

70wxdfm5blrl.jpeg

Lin
    ❤️❤️

• linder4866
    Options
    Oh Bob, from Facebook...
    6fzga7a9wdgk.jpeg

🤣😂🤣😂
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    😂😂🤣 And we know who that is!!

Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Back again. Busy cleaning veggies and plan to have a coffee (tea/beverage) themed card for each of my former coffee buddies. Also making cards for several of my Mah Jongg friends. I got one of those mailed last week with some other “thinking of you” type cards so the target is 7 cards on Monday to the post office. Then maybe a few more embellishments on the Halloween cards, another birthday card, and thinking through the greeting for my Thanksgiving cards. Fronts finished, insides totally blank right now.

Jackie, oh no, the electrician has to return? Oh my, I hope he contains his mess this time. With all the work you’ve done, I would be flat on the floor. The other day I was unloading and stacking bags of potting soil and dropped one on the side of my ankle. I have no idea how but it hurt and I have a nice big bruise. Your jobs, I would be one big bruise!! Wishing you a good day.

Anne, oh no, something else to fix. Which son can tackle this job? Take care and please stay away from ladders. ❤️

Hope everyone else is safe and healthy today.

It is cold and wet and I have so many Cardinals flying about that I do not even care. They are so beautiful. ❤️❤️

My usual luck, a little package has gone missing. Was to be delivered a couple of days ago and it has disappeared from postal tracking. Sigh. And a package I received from a company, not Amazon, arrived with one item while there were to be 3. Customer services chat completed, they will get back to me. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 At least with Amazon you get a response much sooner.

🙋🏼‍♀️
    Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Cool day in the 50's so movie night is indoors, thank goodness. Washing and changing my summer comforter to my winter comforter. Like Bob, I like to sleep with my fan on but I get cold so I need the heavier comforter for winter.
    I did the first coat of paint on my table and Bryanna came and did the last two. It turned out great so I am very happy.
    n2bxmhpyfp4p.jpg
    asfzmjw5ct7t.jpg

Lin, you sure do make a lot of cards and it isn't an easy job. Lazy me just buys cards at the Dollar Tree but it is the thought that counts correct??? I am sorry about missing items, I have informed delivery and yesterday it said my mail in ballot was in the mail but it wasn't. I checked today and again it says it will be here today. I want to get that done asap.

Barbie, isn't there a song like that?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf93gp-HafA

Anne, oh no, I am so sorry about your pole and bracket. I am glad you or Jilly didn't get hurt but I am sure your boys can fix it. Don't you dare get on a ladder, you hear me???

Jackie, I am glad I gave you a smile to help deal with the chaos. It sounds like the electrician will be better prepared for his next visit. I really don't have any of the silver I owned and my kids didn't want it so I think it went to Good Will.

Bob, more yummy meals no wonder you stay healthy and fit. I will admit I was never a Led Zeppelin fan, I just don't like hard rock. I am more a contemporary kind of girl.

Hello Buzz, I think today is the day I will try to call you. I don't know why I am so busy doing nothing every day.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    nzvpu75s1ye0.jpeg
    i3zb8fkdxt7p.jpeg

Backing out of the current dining room with mop, brush and vacuum cleaner in tow! It’s taken me most of the afternoon to clean up and I know it won’t last once the next round of work begins but I can at least sit at my desktop without sneezing dust!

Great job on your table Sandy. It looks fabulous and trendy so something to be proud of. 🥰

Oh Lin, how frustrating to have another order go astray. I hope it’s found soon and sent on it’s way to you. I’m tetchy enough when a package is just an hour late!

I must cook something hot so will pause and hopefully pop back later.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    A cold foggy and wet day here. It appears we are into our fall/winter type of weather. This requires more coffee, mellow jazz and a fire in the fireplace. If it were available right now I would be seriously tempted to have a big mug of cocoa and a marshmallow on top. Thank goodness I have no marshmallows in the house but I do have cocoa powder. I Best stick to coffee or all is lost!

The political news is a tangle of emotions. Whatever I am feeling at any given moment feels wrong. I go from one extreme to the next. Let us keep our heads above water until this is resolved in November.
    And keep vigilant about masks, distancing, and hand washing. I wish I could remind all the tourists visiting here to mask up! I did see a funny thing. A woman was walking with her 2 kids, all wearing matching masks...as well as a big dog with a matching mask. I wondered how on earth they accomplished that. Katie wears a neckerchief for about 15 minutes before she decides to eat it. Wearing a mask? Seriously? Katie has eaten her Halloween costume every year. I am hoping to get a photo before she eats her angel costume. She even has a little halo and wings, in keeping with a sense of humor.

Jackie: wow! That was quite an Ordeal. Take the doggies, cat and chickens and head to a hotel until it all gets fixed. Probably a silly idea but worthy of consideration, at any cost.
    Dog grooming day today or tomorrow............,
    Patsy☘️
  • Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I've been ever so good. I Listened to everyone telling me not to climb a ladder and try and fix the bracket and curtain pole. I took all the books out of my smallest bookcase instead, removed the shelves, dragged it over to the side window, cleared cobwebs and polished it and refilled with dusted books. Now I have something to look at rather than Harry's grey wall, rotting window and boat etc. So you see I do occasionally listen!
    rmvsc6vwjm3t.jpg

Your renovations will be super once done JACKIE. I can imagine what you are creating from your photos!

And SANDY, clever girl! I like your cushions with the circles. They would look good in here.

Industrious LIN and her cottage industry. I think that's what you call an artisan and her work? You are so clever. However don't even consider getting a dog especially one as demanding as Bean or your crafting days will be over!

BEANS DAY
    Up at 6 for pee break
    Brekky of chicken, yam and rice with a bit of raw chicken from the chicken Anne is cooking in the slow cooker.
    Watch Anne drag bookcase, dust and generally supervise.
    Mike arrives to much leaping up and down, joy, and licking his face.
    Mike takes Bean for long walk.
    Leap into car to take Anne to bank and bank machine which she has problems with because the old ones been chucked out and the new one is very different!
    Return home for another long walk.
    Mike and Anne have a slice of pumpkin pie and coffee. Bean allowed a few bits.
    Mike and Bean play hide and seek and chase the doggie!
    Manage to let Anne know I'm hungry after all the energy. Eat lunch and a milky bone.
    Go to the mailbox with Mike.
    Mike decides to go home but has to wash his hands and face from the goodbye licks.
    Off for her afternoon nap on the sofa.

I tell you it's a dogs life!
    Oh oh, notice that PATSY is popping in above me. Hi Patsy!
    Anne. 🙃❤️🐶
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    What started out as a cloudy/rainy morning turned out to be a beautiful cool sunny day. After the gym, Jean mentioned she needed to buy a gift – so off to the mall we went. Then it was back home for a roast we hadn’t had in some time: Pork loin roasted w/ garlic & herb, Arugula blend baby lettuce & greens, Home Style - Parmesan-Romano, celery, cucumber, Jean tomato and red onion.

tirhdew3rkop.jpg

Jackie – Yes, I did enjoy your humor. Like you, I wish my nephew success in his efforts… He has had a variety of issues to deal with besides weight… but what I really think would help is surrounding himself with the right people… I think when you want to lose weight, it’s best to increase the time you spend with individuals that are more health focused (or are also struggling) vs. people that enjoy having a good time or don’t have weight issues or have taken body acceptance to the extreme (being 100 lbs+ overweight is a different matter.) Oh well, I am here for him if he needs me.

With regards to the “wind at your back” that is the best kind of walk! So tempted to give you that old Irish blessing (….May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face…) but will refrain. LOL As for succumbing to Cornish pasties – glad they were sinfully enjoyed!

Anne – I think that is why they create things like “Black Dog Day” they are bound to strike a chord with someone… so many of these things nowadays… good news for Hallmark cards.

Barbie – I have enjoyed Zoom sessions with the grandkids, not sure I would like a lot of meetings that way… As for dancing – I started singing The Mavericks (my fav live band) – not as sweet as the one I saw later that Sandy posted. That was beautiful.

The Mavericks - Dance The Night Away
    https://youtu.be/-UajuBAUkBs

Lin – You nailed me on the fan! I think Jean gets excited when I forget to turn it on before getting into bed – ahhh but that only last a minute & I hop out and turn it on. LOL You are certainly a workhorse when it comes to your card creations.

Sandy – YES… fan stays on in the winter & “down comforter” acts as a counter-balance. Your table looks awesome! As for cards, I couldn’t compete with Lin, but do make my own photo cards for special people / occasions. The grandchildren cards are normally dollar store unless it was a Communion etc.

Patsy – When it comes to the political, I think we all have our own thoughts and it’s important to just allow people to have their own opinions. My “extremely large” family is split down the middle between liberal and conservative. I love them all and don’t try to convince anyone of anything…there are a few that you can have discussions with – but most are steadfast in their positions…oh well…life is to short and like I said – love them all.

As for masks, distancing and hand washing… I have always had a bit of OCD in me and social distancing is the best when eating out etc. (just going to miss “real” live concerts for a while). Hated getting my wallet out yesterday to buy more masks – but don’t see that requirement going away any time soon.

Anne – your reorganization looks great and certainly better than a “rotting window” or “Harry’s grey wall.” Your final comment sounds like something I would say to jean: “So you see I do occasionally listen!”

Have a great afternoon gang! Bob
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers, must tell you about a vivid dream I had last night concerning, me, JACKIE and PATSY. It's fading, but briefly I flew to Oregon, and Jackie arrived at the airport at the same time. Jackie looked exactly like her photos, but Patsy who I don't think I've seen fully before in real time turned out to be a jolly, pretty, curly haired lady. We were there to have a full medical at some clinic because we needed full health for a job I think. Anyway the last I remember is Patsy and me sitting on a bench in green medical gowns whilst an unhappy Jackie, similar gowned was led off first because she had to get home to feed the chickens (6 thousand miles away!).
    I guess recent events had me dreaming this ?

We are in for a full rainy day and indeed it's awfully dark at 7:30 am. I've just put a wash on and then I'm going to tackle a new recipe I've found. Savoy cabbage and potatoes - basically all baked in a creamy oniony white sauce. Hmm. Mary Jo is going to pop over for the two large free packets of shrimp because I don't eat shellfish. On top of the free groceries I received, the delivery people sent me three packets of milk because they'd run out of the smaller cartons but another bonus, only charged me for the small carton. Hence creamy white sauce making!

Well the two teeth I had pulled out cost just over $800 so it was lovely getting some groceries for nothing! AND next order I get $10 off with points earned! I love Jacobs cream crackers Jackie and they've been out of stock since April, but they are back so I received two packs of those to have with cheese. Paid for, but another bonus!

BOB I'm going to try your fan idea because I have trouble sleeping with hot air blasting at me however low I turn the furnace at night.

Well washer sounds as if it's grinding to a halt in the depths of the basement.

Hope all Sneakers have a super day whatever the weather!
    Anne 🙃💜🐶❤️
  • linder4866
    Options
    Wet and cold here. When the fog clears we are promised a sunny day.

Odd dream Anne. Maybe you were there to provide support for Patsy. Hope Jackie got home in time to feed the girls.

Morning tea set.

“ Czech Art Deco porcelain tea set 1935”

0s4p77p5mlg4.jpeg

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    A quick Sunday “Good Morning” – Gym is done.

Except for a wake this afternoon, I will be spending time with Jean celebrating our wedding anniversary and going out to dinner. Here is a black & white card I gave her as a “2020” memory – had to show the masks. The color family photo provoked lots of memories, as 10 of the people are no longer with us.

z1ecdoi4s1s8.jpg

hhlc4h3k5u52.jpg

Our wedding song was very special to us… I recall when it was announced people initially thought it was going to be a typical “Barry” song… and then when they heard the lyrics – you could hear a pin drop.

Our wedding song was:
    “The Best Of Me” - Barry Manilow

No one will ever touch me more
    And I only hope that in return
    I might have saved the best of me for you

So many years gone
    With love that was wrong
    I can't forget the way it used to be
    And how you changed the taste of love for me

You were my one more chance
    I never thought I'd find
    You were the one romance
    I've always know in my mind
    I might have saved the best of me for you.

And we'll have no ending
    If we can hold on
    I think I've come this far because of you
    Could be no other love but ours will do

I never thought I'd find
    You were the one romance
    I might have saved the best of me for you.

I never thought I'd find
    You were the one romance
    No matter how much we have to learn
    I saved the best of me for you
    I saved the best of me for you

https://youtu.be/932_tgMdfJU

Hope everyone has an awesome day! Bob
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Up way too early...but let tell you about the most amazing full moon! At first I thought John had left a yard light on. But no. It was the biggest brightest harvest moon I have seen in years. Next to it was a very bright star. I watched carefully hoping to see a UFO. But no. It was some distant heavenly body twinkling in the early dark sky. A very pleasant sight. I am sipping a drink of water, hoping to drift off to sleep again in my comfy reading chair. I do need more sleep.

I will leave you all with that sleepy image as I try to nap at least another hour. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Patsy☘️
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Was it Mars PATSY? I think I read somewhere Mars will be at his best after 17 years I think. Anne.
  • pinkperil
    edited October 2020
    Options
    It was definitely a porridge morning as the wind continued to blow and rain pour. A window of brightness was promised around 10 o’clock so I held off walking the pooches but no changes arrived and out we went round the village to get soaked!
    Since then I’ve been catching up with phone calls and enjoying a quiet Sunday.

A brilliant idea to place your bookcase by your window Anne. Hopefully you didn’t get into trouble shifting furniture... again! 🙃😉

The fire is lit so all is cosy!

Have a peaceful and enjoyable Sunday everyone.
    Jackie

P.S Ooh, so many posts since I’ve been nattering to friends. I’ll now read and catch up. Anne, your dream did make me laugh. Where do our brains travel to when we’re sleeping? 😆🤣
  • pinkperil
    Options
    That’s the brightest moon that smiled at me through a window a couple of nights ago and I thought Venus had pulled herself up from the horizon to join it. Now will have to investigate because if it is, that’s the planet that could be supporting life so Patsy’s UFO might not be far away!

Bob, you caught yourself a beauty second time around didn’t you. Happy anniversary to you both. ❤️

Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,042 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Movie night was fun, the movie was Maleficent 2. I watched the first one on Friday night per Lisa's suggestion and really enjoyed both movies. I thought Angelina Jolie was great as Maleficent and Michele Pfeiffer as Queen Ingris. Robby gets a little afraid but sat next to me and snuggled so I loved it.
    So this morning I see the prettiest bird and all of a sudden he is pecking at my house. I presume he is a woodpecker so I videoed him so you can verify for me. Very noisey and even went on my roof and pecked. My house isn't wood so not sure what they (another one came as well) were doing.
    https://youtu.be/9gSGMnGl734

Jackie, you are a brave soul to wander out in the rain, I am surprised your pups don't mind the rain. I had my fireplace on the other night and loved it, keep warm and toasty.
    oq5t832rwnb1.jpg

Patsy, I was told the harvest moon is just beautiful this week but unfortunately I haven't seen it due to rain. I hope you got some more needed sleep.

Bob, I am listening to Barry as I am posting. I happen to love Barry Manilow and "our" song was I can't smile without you. I hadn't heard your song but love the lyrics and the music.
    You must be a romantic at heart. I hope I don't offend you but may I ask when you gained the weight, was it before or after you married Jean? Please forgive me for being so nosey. The pictures are beautiful.
    o01v5xl15c2d.jpg

Lin, interesting tea set, I kind of like it. Our weather is also cold with possible frost tonight.

Anne, interesting dream, I feel left out. lol Maybe because Jackie was just at the hospital for her yearly test. Who knows why we dream what we do, some of mine are just weird. My ex mother in law would interpret dreams, it was kind of interesting at a times. My mother used to say a wedding meant a death and a death meant a wedding or was it a baby I forget. lol

Have a great Sunday!! Go Bears!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne35
    Options
    We used to say if you dream your teeth fall out - a death. Fortunately, mine just get pulled out when awake!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy anniversary Bob and Jean

p822ue6rhe86.jpeg

Beautiful images of Beautiful people.

Lin
    ❤️❤️
  • linder4866
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hello again. Taking a break from the cards. I was going to switch to the insides of the Thanksgiving cards and went on a hunt for the ‘right’ color for the stamping. Well, I spent a lot of time and found nothing that will work. So went back to addressing Halloween cards. I have left 2 for last minute changes. 🤣😂🤣 I may still add something else inside those as well.

Attended online church, talked to a friend on the phone, texted with another friend for a protracted period of time, and have corresponded with my messenger group on Facebook. I have a friend in that messenger group who posts something perhaps a bit controversial and we react to it or make our own comments and the next time I go back it shows she has removed her message. How the heck does she do that and why? We have seen it, Facebook knows she shared it. I don’t get it.

Sandy, I cannot see whatever video you said you shared regarding the bird(s)? It is grayed out and nothing plays. I love your fireplace. It is beautiful, of course that may have something to do with the blue lights. One of my colors. Glad you enjoyed movie night. And I love your updated table. Good job! Gorgeous.

Patsy, I hope you got more rest.

Jackie, yeah, a quiet Sunday for a change. Just right on a not-so-nice weather day.

Anne, oh my, you received a bill already for the dental work? That was quick. Sorry it was so much. The recipe sounds like a good one for colder weather. Still so pleased for your good fortune with the grocery order. I hope you still like the bookcase in its current location. It looks good to me. Do your sons knows of the furniture shift?

Hello Buzz, Barbie, Jeri and Diane.

Back to my cards. I think I will hunt for ink again. 🙃

All best wishes.

Lin
    ❤️❤️

A puzzle from yesterday

629q1tqtwh7z.jpeg