Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get them when the face becomes visible! Goodness knows why but the main thing is Bean is ignored except by her pals the Sneakers! Lovely photo of the beautiful Katie PATSY and back to our handsome George JACKIE.
    I'm still around with nothing worse than a very slightly sore arm. Mind you I was in bed at 8:30 because I couldn't keep my peepers open. I've just done my half hour trot around the homestead and eaten my oatmeal and I better get moving before the groceries arrive early again. I don't think Michael will show his face because thunderstorms predicted for this morning and he won't want to take Bean out for a long hike in rain.
    Wonderful day BARBIE. My sort of happy day.
    Mmmm, might wash the sheets today seeing today appears to be a wash out.

Annsie with a wave to LIN and SANDY and BOB on his way home from the gym.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    The sound of wind and rain was loud last night and we were promised stormy hail showers for today but apart from a couple of times needing to get myself under cover it’s not been too bad. I do seem to have gone round in several circles, first returning to the pet shop I visited on Monday when they were out of the Greenie denture sticks Betty has, only to find they are still out of stock. We import a lot of pet food and treats from the EU but unfortunately new customs regulations since Brexit are causing delays in just about everything we buy. Anyway this afternoon I went back out, this time to the local farm supply store that I remembered didn’t run out of much when panic buying was going on last year and hooray, Betty’s low fat sticks in the petite size were on the shelf so we are stocked up for the next 30 days! I also stopped at a corner shop that always sells beautiful greetings cards, this time for a couple of Easter greetings to send to a cousin and an aunt. At times like this I wish I had time to be as creative as Lin because having returned home I now think I should have bought more to send to friends on their own because of lockdown. I have posted a box of luxury small chocolate Easter eggs to my school friend Anne (the other Anne with an E!) and a package has arrived here from her with what looks like treats for the pooches and Brady.

My builder has phoned today to confirm he will start work Monday morning... at last! It’s no doubt going to be hellish for a couple of weeks but I can put up with that as it will mean finally getting the downstairs rooms in order and decorated. You might see the occasional boring photo of piles of rubble as I share my experience!

Lin, yesterday’s teapot is nuts but I love the colours, as if someone got hold of a large pack of liquorice all sorts and squished them all together!

How funny about you and Ken Barbie. You work so hard at it I’m betting you are just as slim as the other Barbie!

Both my little hens are showing signs of being broody and I’ve left a bid on 6 black Belgian d’anver fertilised eggs on eBay with a certain amount of trepidation because what if I win and 6 cockerels, as feisty as Charlie, hatch out! I’m already thinking that if I’m outbid I won’t mind at all!!

Cup of tea drunk so I will start moving more items upstairs or down to the garden shed.

Enjoy the day whatever it brings and stay safe.
    Jackie

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,127 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) I have stripped my whole bed down including the cover that covers my foam mattress topper which is a horrible job to do alone, a lot of flipping of heavy foam. Took my winter spread off to bring to the trash as it is just too lumpy and will put on my spring/summer spread. I also fluffed up my pillows in the dryer and I am doing my usual laundry. It is chilly outside so a good day to get it done.
    I painted my coffee pot heating plate and it turned out great, at least I think so.
    mwku5qb8qmsd.jpg
    As far as friends request, I do not accept any and delete them. I am sure some are harmless but I like our little group, maybe I should make it private, what do you think? I will miss your faces.

Jackie, and now the mess begins but it will be so worth it when done. At least it should be done by summer and you can enjoy the garden and rest in comfort in the evening. One Charlie would be fun, he used to make us laugh.

Annsie, glad you had no big side effects, my arm was sore for a short time but I took some Tylenol. I seemed to be more tired that day as well but fine the next day. Did they schedule your second doze?

Lin, what a strange looking tea pot, Jackie is right, it looks like licorice.

Barbie, glad you had a fun birthday and what nice friends you have. Illinois is opening up to anyone over the age of 16 for vaccines on April 12. That is the first day to register so it will probably take until the end of April for all of them to get the vaccine.

Patsy, Lin is correct, just delete them and forget about it. Cute picture of Katie.

Where oh where has out little Bob gone??

Already time for lunch and still have to ride the bike, still can't figure out where the time goes.
    Stay safe.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Annsie35
    Options
    My second dose isn't until the end of July Sandy because the meds want more people vaccinated at least for the first time. I WAS scheduled for April. I guess there's a shortage of vaccine in this country. I'm finally waking up after drooping most of the day and decided to join you in stripping down the bed sheets and duvet. Mikes coming over tomorrow and it will be a job out the way.
    I delete all friend requests as well. Just stick with our little group.
    Off to work I go,
    Anne.
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Hello. Strange night here. I think spring brings odd weather that is a mix of winter and spring. Our camellia bush is loaded with buds and are starting to open. They will need a sweater... The nights are very cold and the days are warming up. We have partly cloudy days with cold showers intermittently.

I followed Anne’s suggestion immediately on the bad friend invite. I love our little group. We all know each other so well. I have often said, I would know any of you if I passed you in the street. There have been so many that have come and gone on to other activities. I feel like a mother hen myself. I want to gather and keep all of you dear friends safe and nearby, at least internet near. Would making the sneakers forum privet mean others can’t join us? But seriously this is a precious little group.

Sandy: that coffee maker looks almost exactly like mine. Great job on refurbishing the heating plate.

Lin: confession time...I rather like strange looking teapots. I have several that were gifts and a couple handmade ones from Potter artists. We often used to exchange art pieces after an art show. I always loved the funny and very odd pieces...like that last teapot.

Jackie: I order Katie’s vitamins from a pet catalog online. I also order some things from Dr. Jones, our wonderful holistic YouTube vet. The things we do to keep our fur family safe and healthy!!! Worth every Penny, as far as we are concerned.

Anne: I am so relieved that your symptoms after the vaccine were minimal. Frankly, I was a little concerned but really felt you would be fine. But there is always that tiny little worry.........

Veggie pizza night, continuing with episode of the Crown. Fun! Sort of historical, great art direction with great old cars and costumes as well as houses and buildings. We are enjoying it all.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good afternoon. Another day on the phone, Zoom and texting. Maybe Spring is bringing people out of hibernation and in a better mood? So all caught up on local news now. Nothing that you would find interesting but I did of course.

Received a grocery order this morning but again not many items. I just place the tiniest orders. At Walmart the person delivering to my car will say, is that all you ordered? Or that is the smallest order today. The orders are quite easy to put away.

My tax papers have arrived for signatures (and to attach checks). I will return them to my tax attorney and they will sign and send them. So that chore will be finished. Check mark.

A friend was texting with me this morning about a new digital library service called Libby. I downloaded the app and added my library card number. So much easier than the old Overdrive system. And that is funny because the same people developed this one. So a new source for hunting for books to read. I read a few samples and if the books are the same layout as the samples, much easier to read there than on my Kindle app.

Annsie, glad you are doing well after your first shot. And I hope tomorrow will be a good day and excellent visit with Michael. Will your weather be springlike?

Jackie, ah yes, time for the contractor. You have a good attitude about the process. We will be supporting you if you want to moan but also hoping it won’t be as disruptive as imagined.

Sandy, good job on the coffee pot warming plate. I hope it works well for you. Nice! What a great job on your laundry.

Patsy, I also love the strange artsy teapots but I like the regular ones too. Something about the unusual attracts me. Veggie pizza sounds good. Enjoy your evening.

Back to check writing.

Be safe everyone.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Another unusual teapot.

euflobvpbxde.jpeg

• linder4866
    Options
    I am now displaying a dog photo as well. This is one of my dear departed Siberian Huskies.

Lin
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Lovely to see your beautiful dog LIN. Our pets may be gone but a beloved pet is never forgotten. I often think of my Jenny. She was part lab and something else. That dear faithful dog saw me through some very difficult times in my life and was sweet natured just like little Jilly Bean.
    Thank you for giving us a glimpse of your beautiful huskie. Names of both please.
    I've just realized - every one of our group has or had a much loved pet. Says something about us doesn't it!
    Annsie.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    I am putting Daisy Mae on mine profile picture, I miss her so much.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Barbie and Jake

64oj2kagv4c3.png
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Another beautiful much loved pet, Daisy Mae, SANDY. I have to say I missed my Jenny far more than my husband of the day!
    All these pet avatars should put any peeping toms off as we begin to look like "The Kennel Club!"
    Mikes coming over which will make Jilly Beans day. Me also!
    I've done my half hour walk on normal legs. Yesterday I had arthritic type joints. I guess another product of the Pfizer jab.
    Enjoy SATURDAY,
    Annsie.
  • pinkperil
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Midday and walk it’s completed. My BBC weather app is telling me porkies because it shows blue sky and sunshine when in fact thick clouds are drifting overhead with occasional light showers on my laundry that’s hanging out to dry! 😠 Summer arriving next week apparently but I’ll believe it when it happens. A day of continuing to carry items from A to B to clear downstairs continues and that is as exciting as my life is. Actually I am excited to finally be getting the work carried out because I started this process over a year ago when we hadn’t heard of COVID-19.... too long living in mess.

While sipping my morning coffee I’ve been watching an interesting you tube video conversation between Dr John Campbell and Prof Tim Spector the scientist whose Covid research app I’ve been contributing to
    https://youtu.be/etWK47NpCL8

It’s quite long but they cover several areas that some or maybe all of us will find informative about our underlying health conditions, even my melanoma diagnosis. Lin in particular; you may already know about recent studies into our Microbiomes but I thought of you as I listened and it seems Bob’s partial fasting is an ideal way to assist his immune system. You seem to be on the right track too Patsy and I will be shopping for a decent bottle of red wine!!

Another hilarious teapot Lin but for me it would be another accident waiting to happen as I get older and more clumsy!

Enjoy your day with Mike Anne.

A great paint job Sandy and yes, one Charlie could be bearable but just my luck a lot more would hatch out!

Loving our kennel club! Must get on. Have a great Saturday everyone.
    Jackie 🥰
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY MORNING! :)

Been a busy few days. Stupidity reigns…went to BlinkFitness 6am forgetting it was Sat and opens 7am. LOL. Went back later. Took advantage of 70 degree temps with reservations at Zoo, ice cream stand (I had low sugar yogurt). Fired up the grill for the first time this year. High’s back to 30’s forecasted for next Thurs/Fri. Tomorrow a “great great" nephews 4th birthday party w/ a Camo theme (not my best look) :D .

4p63jib7eksw.jpg

387o4napibgg.jpg

Jackie – Thanks for the YouTube re: Dr Campbell and Prof Spector etc. will listen later in the day. I definitely think my fasting and years of daily Vitamin D have played a part in my current health. It won’t cure my heart issues, but has helped other diagnoses. I have never gone this long without getting sick enough for a couple days bed rest (knock on wood)).

Obviously most of “our group” fall into the compromised high-risk category and need to take precautions accordingly , but I also like to read various articles from different perspectives given all the younger healthy people I know. This is one I was reading yesterday: https://stanfordreview.org/scott-atlas-the-last-word/

Lin – That teapot is more than a bit “unusual” LOL.

Gotta take a break and get cleaned up from gym workout and already 10am. Hoping to squeak out a second grilling if the weather plays along.

Back later. Bob :)
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Sun is shining for now but rain is coming this afternoon. No movie night but I am sitting so Rob and Lisa can have "date night". Pandemic date night consists of them eating dinner in their bedroom and watching shows together with a locked door. The kiddos and I will watch a movie after I bring them Mc Donald's happy meals. I will probably be there later than usual since I will be putting them to bed and weekends they get to stay up a little later.
    They have opened up Illinois to 16 and above for vaccinations, it is hard to get an appointment. I am hoping Lisa, Rob and Bryanna can get one soon. My 57 year old son has an appointment for Sunday so they should be able to visit soon. <3

Bob, busy bee you are are, always on the move. The zoo looks like fun and perfect weather. Have fun at the party and I am sure you will look great in camo.

Jackie, will try and watch the video when I have time so thank you for sharing.

Annsie, enjoy your time with Michael today and glad the aches and pains went away.

Lin, do you think you could come and settle Ewok down? He is adorable but the kids get him all wound up and then he gets in trouble, poor guy. He spends a lot of time outside in the yard but seems content.

Have a great day everyone, keep staying safe and wear your mask.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• linder4866
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Good morning. Getting ready for Sunday morning church services. We actually have sunshine today ☀️☀️. That makes me smile.

Sorry I did not get here yesterday. I was busy around the house and corresponding with people and was off for my second shot in the afternoon. If I do not get Covid after that sardine packed together experience, I will be very fortunate. Yes, people had on masks but there were no instructions or staff to offer assistance. Very disorganized and as people were unsure what to do and of course we all wanted to get our shots and get out, it was a mess. Some people were getting 1st shot and they needed a different place to check in but it was not labeled in any way. Most of us were there for a 2nd shot. You were lucky to get 12” of space as you waited in a long line. I was glad I had a probably not too good KN95 mask but better than my homemade cloth mask and I did wear gloves. No wait time at all afterwards, just out the door.

When I got home I was dizzy once again so sipped tea and then went to bed.

Sandy, very good of you to look after the kids. Did you get home at a decent hour? And no, I am laughing, no way I could settle Ewok down at all. I am not a dog trainer or a dog whisperer. I just love dogs. ❤️

Annsie, how was the visit yesterday?

Jackie, I was corresponding with a friend who lives in town but treats his lot like it is an acreage. They use every square inch for something. They have a lovely garden and also a chicken coop. They got them to raise for the eggs and he has a schedule for replacement chicks. They are also hunting for some land as he wants to expand to raise more animals and expand the garden. I hope they find something, they do love things that work better out in the country and the kids would love it.

Bob, what fun you have. Thanks for the photos. Enjoy the camo party and by the way, I would want a goat or a llama or something after visiting the zoo.

Patsy, good day to you.

Teapot dissertation

“ ...Haviland Limoges. I believe the backstamps date this pot 1894-1931, probably toward the later part of the range.

In the 1840s, David Haviland purchased whiteware from many Limoges factories and had the pieces decorated in Paris. In 1865, Haviland procured his own factory and began producing porcelain blanks as well as hiring a local decorating staff to complete the process under one roof. By making and decorating china in one location, Haviland revolutionized the industry in Limoges, France.

Charles Edward Haviland and Theodore Haviland, David’s sons, began working for the family porcelain business in 1864, and by 1878, the company was the largest in the area. The brothers took over the company when their father died in 1879, and split the company in 1892 after a difference of opinion. In 1941, Theodore bought out his brother's heirs to form one company yet again, using the original name: H & Company. The firm remained family-owned through 1981.

Most Haviland patterns made before 1926 were not named. In an effort to try to identify the many patterns, Arlene Schleiger worked in the 1930s and 1940s to develop a numbering system referred to as “Schleiger numbers.” This one is Schleiger 42E.”

gog85caynqy3.jpeg
  • pinkperil
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Fascinating history to the teapot and Haviland family Lin. Thank goodness someone had the sense to catalogue the patterns! Today’s choice is beautiful.
    What a stressful time you had receiving your 2nd jab! Who on earth was supposed to be in charge... no one by the sounds of it. We are having to wait 12 weeks for ours and I just hope it won’t be another case of politicians ignoring scientists’ advice. We also have the worry of infectious Europeans arriving in large numbers as once again we leave our borders open... hey ho!

I’m still moving furniture, china, glasses and dog beds but hoping to finish in the next hour. Our clocks sprung forward overnight so at least the evenings are lighter and I will be able to potter about since there won’t be anywhere other than my garden room to sit. The tv has been perched on a dresser in my bedroom and I’ve checked reception is good as it’s Line of Duty tonight!

An interesting article Bob so thanks for the link. Drop America and replace with most Western countries and you’d find similar concerns although at least our UK media is guided by regulations that ensure political or religious ownership is not allowed.

Last blast at clearing then I’ve promised myself a cup of tea.... enough of an incentive for me!
    Jackie
  • Annsie35
    Options
    LIN, I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. Our government was slow off the mark but I have to give them full marks for the clinic I attended. Started with a young chap at the gate directing Marks car to a spot, the doorman directed me to a young woman who guided me to various desks to show health cards, proof of age etc. Finally guided to a chair three metres behind and in front of another chair. A very efficient nurse and a 15 minute wait after the jab to make sure no side effects and then to be led out the back door with a doorman who told me to watch the uneven step. I really was impressed.

BOB that's some long article! I'm not clever but I do wonder if someone is out to destroy western society as we know it. Anybody else feel this unease? I mean who on earth would put thousands of mill workers etc out of work by transferring their jobs to China. The rich I would guess wanting to get even richer. Anyway I won't carry on about land and property being bought up by foreign investors, but I for one feel very uneasy about the way the world is shifting and evolving.

We had a super day yesterday with Michael's visit. We all enjoyed it. I've just put in a grocery order for Wednesday before the Easter panic buying starts and no delivery slots are left. Among items ordered, traditional fish (haddock) for good Friday dinner, a chicken to roast on Easter Sunday and best of all the stores freshly baked hot cross buns for any old time. I love Easter and people are starting to decorate inside their homes with white painted branches sporting hand painted eggs dangling from ribbons. I guess it will still be isolation time, no Mary Jos wonderful meal but I hope Mike who lives alone will come and share the chicken with Bean and me.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Happy Sunday/Palm Sunday. :) Watched mass live on TV and will be taking a ride to pick up palms in my church parking lot. I will also stop to pick up an Edible Fruit arrangement for Joe for his 97th birthday tomorrow. I will either give it to him today or tomorrow depending on if his family will be there to celebrate.
    I have a zoom call with my kids at 4:00 and will try to fit in my bike ride as it is still too cold to walk.
    The kids were fine yesterday and my son and Lisa were grateful for the "date night". They came down around 7:30 and said 4 hours of TV was enough but did enjoy their time alone. I stayed while Lisa put Charlie to bed to keep the boys entertained so I got home a little after nine.

Anne, I am glad you had a super day yesterday and smart thinking about getting grocery order in early. I should do the same although I am treating to Outback for Easter dinner. No cooking, no mess and the kiddos can enjoy the Easter gifts from the Easter bunny and from Grandma.

Jackie, how is your back holding up with all that moving? How about your hip? I am going to presume you don't have a giant TV that you moved upstairs? I don't think I could lift mine. Funny how your time change is a different day than ours but I wish they would just leave it at day light saving time all year round.

Lin, wow, I am also sorry for the confusion with getting your second shot. Like Anne, ours was perfect with the National Guard helping everyone and keeping social distancing. At least you are done and had protection from the first shot so should be fine. Sorry you got dizzy again, what shot did you get, I forgot.

Patsy, I hope all is going well in Portland.

I better order the fruit arrangement and get in the shower before time gets away once again. Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me Anne. Half the country will head in this direction for the Easter break whether lockdown allows or not so I need to stock up on a few hot cross buns!

Sandy my tv is a small 32” screen, mostly because the rooms in my cottage are small but also I don’t watch a great deal.
    z8stdlzxh9s3.jpeg
    I’ve just set the heater in my bedroom to come on around 8.30pm so it will be cosy by 9 and already the pets are eyeing up spaces on my bed!
    I enjoyed a moist piece of baked cod and steamed veggies so another cup of tea and some washing up then I can finally relax.
    Jackie

• Annsie35
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Amazed! I couldn't sleep last night and was up far too early. So had lunch of quiche, a few Brussels sprouts and a few much enjoyed chips (french fries) then went off for a nap as it poured with rain. We have just woken up to brilliant sunshine 3 hours later. Some NAP!!
    Almost teatime lol. And you will be cozying up with the pets watching Line of Duty JACKIE. We are in sync for once !!!
    Annsie.