Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Fabulous card Lin. As an owner of hens I’d be chuffed to receive it! My chooks have a handmade swing in their run they do occasionally sit on.

Is John allowed a chocolate Easter egg Patsy? When my blood sugar drops I have a terrible craving for anything sweet and large glass of water then sit quietly for a few minutes. The wobbles soon pass.

As I got George and Betty ready for our morning walk I heard our church bells drifting across the fields and am sure that must be the first time in a whole year. It cheered my heart just as hearing children playing together in their school grounds a few weeks ago did. The sun shone all day and a long walk on the moors was perfect for blowing cobwebs away (figuratively) then this afternoon I joined in a zoom meeting with brother Bernie that lives in Spain, friend living in Tewkesbury and long time friends in Canada. One more day of peace before the builders return on Tuesday.

I do hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful and safe Easter Sunday.

Time for bed. 😴
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Lin! Oh that is adorable! Your friend will love it!
    Patsy☘️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) What fun to see Lin's card with the chickens and all the bunnies and bunny teapots.

:) We don't celebrate Easter so today was our usual day with my walk in the morning with my regular Sunday walking friend. Jake fixed pork chops with pineapple chunks and mashed potatoes and we watched Jeopardy after we ate. Then watched TV and walked dogs and generally relaxed.

:) There is stuff to do in the yard, but it was cold and windy so I took the day off from it.

:) We have been in a quandary about the plants we want for our garden since we aren't going into stores. This afternoon Jake ordered three cherry tomato plants and three burpless cucumber plants from a reputable company online. They will come when it's time to plant them and if it's too soon, we've figured out a place in the garage that is warm and sunny where they can stay until it's time.

<3 Barbie
  • Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Just me, up late for once, but just want to say the card is absolutely beautiful LIN. Your friend will cherish it. Anne.
  • pinkperil
    edited April 2021
    Options
    A shock to the system with cold Arctic blast and sleet this morning. What on Earth is happening to our weather... can’t make its mind up. A short walk chosen by George and I’m now sipping coffee, cooking a batch of George’s food and working out how best to at least deal with some of the hovering dust. Tomorrow the airing cupboard will be torn apart as the old hot water system is renewed so that’s one of my bolt holes gone! Counting the days!!

Anne, what a cute jigsaw. I thought for a moment it was one of your beautiful paintings! I do hope Mike’s vaccination was straightforward and you and Jilly will get to see him soon. My Canadian friends are still cross about the slow progress there but continue to be extremely careful, hardly going anywhere other than their daily walk.

Oops, totally sidetracked as builder Dave phoned 3 times to discuss the ever increasing costs of renovation then it was time to pop next door for delicious roast lunch. Also had to see their 8 new hens rescued from a battery farm.... few feathers at the moment so being kept in a cosy shed!
    zdppykxzjmxn.jpeg

Temperature still falling so will light a fire to warm up the dust bowl.

Jackie
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hello, we have another very warm day but I guess we will be back to seasonal temperatures later in the week. Need to mail a birthday card and see if I can get a little work done outdoors. Unfortunately strong winds are expected as well and I don’t do well in cleaning old brush and stems when they are trying to escape and fly away from me.

Jackie, eeeeck, you are heading into some rougher times as the renovations move forward. Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide! I hope they work swiftly on all the needed improvements. Oh my, look at those girls, new feathers are definitely needed. Especially with your cold snap.

Anne, same sentiments from me. I hope Mike’s trip for his vaccination went well. I imagine you were busy on the phone yesterday with family and friends and of course, Jilly must have had a few things to say.

Barbie, best wishes on your plant orders. I think I will be depending most on things I am starting from seed. We will see. We have little garden centers in the parking lot of one chain of grocery stores. Since it is open air, for the most part, I was thinking perhaps I would check there if something is needed. We will see I guess.

Sandy, Patsy, Bob, hope you had an enjoyable Sunday.

Meanwhile, I am sending a doggie birthday card to a friend who has sent me dog themed birthday cards each and every year, while I usually send her a musical theme card.

Time to bore you again but I did have fun doing this cartoon dog.

f2yuk48hratb.jpeg

Inside of the card.

vslp9msp02h8.jpeg

And of course, a teapot.

qvxz89bmse80.jpeg

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Ooh Lin, that looks like a Brown Betty teapot with a splash of glitz!
    Great doggy cards!
    Jackie
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Loads of excitement here. Harry and Joyce appeared to be clearing out a lot of rubbish. A load of old wood and planks etc are now winging their way to the city dump I presume. Bean barked solidly for over a hour because the pair were clearing out some of the stuff I've looked at for 30 odd years. What does this mean? Is the desirable residence coming up for sale at a time when house sale prices are ridiculously high? Alls quiet at the moment and Jill's shut up. I know Harry being a hunting and fishing enthusiast wants to retire to the "up north" wilds, but I also know Joyce doesn't want to. Maria told me yesterday that the teensiest little house on the street is up for sale for $1.5 million! It's beautifully maintained but WHAT! Maybe Harry's got high hopes!
    Watch this space.

Michael had no problems with his Pfizer shot, well just minor ones and he slept soundly last night. He's at work today because easter Monday isn't a holiday in Canada. Mark and Mary Jo can't wait to get their vaccine shots, your friends are right, terribly slow here JACKIE but the clinics are very efficient when one finally gets to one,

Sometimes I feel a bit dizzy PATSY and find a sprinkling of sugar cures that. Low blood sugar I assume.

Oh no, Beans on full barking throttle again.

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,120 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Happy Monday! Had a wonderful Easter with beautiful weather. Today I have ordered groceries because Saturday Lisa and the kids stopped here and I had no snacks or food to offer them. My eating habits are such I don't have many snacks that kids would like and Lisa eats healthy but all I had was some cheese and crackers for her. So I loaded up on some snacks and food for when they come again, plus I didn't shop last week so I have a large order to pick up this afternoon. Bryanna is also going to come this afternoon to trim the back of my hair. I am trying to let my hair grow a little for a different look, I think I have worn my hair the same for over 20 years. So happy she is in Cosmetology school and once she learns color I will be having her do that as well.
    My daughter has an appointment for her vaccine, just to make her mother happy and wants me to visit this summer.
    62640rndpzty.jpg

Anne, exciting indeed, maybe you will get new neighbors and make new friends. Housing is at an all time high, my son in Arizona would like to buy but the prices are out of his league. He really wants to move to Ohio where his live-in girlfriend has family but she is not ready to leave Arizona for Ohio as of yet. Glad Michaels shot went well with no major side effects. I too, can't wait for Rob and Lisa to get their shots. It will be a long time before the kids can get one but hopefully before school starts for next year.

Lin, love both the chicken and puppy cards, you are quite talented. I have to stop at the dollar store before picking up my groceries for April's Cards. We too, are getting warm weather in the 70's today but it is cloudy. Tomorrow 81 and Wednesday 77 so I hope I can get some sun by being outside, I feel so pale.

Jackie, sorry about your crummy weather, but you make the most out of any weather. Cute chickens, I presume they are for eggs and not for eating correct?? (sorry to ask) Why do they lose feathers? From neglect or from food, as you can tell I know nothing about chickens.

I hope everyone had a good Easter considering the pandemic but we still have lots to be grateful

Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• jwubben6600
    Options
    Beautiful day here. And other great news is like Anne, our son has now had one shot, so we are at least partially vaccinated. John and I get our second shot on Wednesday. Then maybe at the end of the month we will be able to see our son in person. It will in be close to 2 years since we have seen him. We saw our daughter about a year ago. Let me say, when I think about this I almost break down and sob. I feel like I can see the keys to the jail hanging within reach now. Thanks one and all about the blood sugar and dizziness. I am sure you are correct. John avoids all sugar. But now He keeps a small bag of hard candy in his desk drawer. Recommended by Anne and Jackie. One piece when ever these dizzy events show up, followed by a full glass of water.

The housing costs are so astronomical, I don’t see how young people will be Able to buy a home. Yes, rates are fairly low but the prices are so high. They would never be able to afford the payments plus insurance. Even here a tiny fixer-upper will cost $500.000, seriously! With a water view the cost is even more.

We are trying to slowly get cleaned up after a wet cold winter. We are trying to do what we can because there are no cleaning services here and lawn and tree trimming services are all busy with a waiting list.
    On the one hand it is good for us but it makes John try to tackle things best left to younger people. But don’t use those words to him. We live and delight in denial!

Sandy: you look like a glamorous girl. You can not be grandmother! The kids are so cute.
    Lin: your cards are so wonderful. So thoughtful and created for each recipient.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Good morning. Another windy day here. Not as warm as yesterday but still above seasonal temperatures.

I plan to pot up some of my little seedlings later today. That is the top of my list. I had ordered a pair of shoes recommended by a number of my friends who do a lot of walking. They arrived and I tried them around the house. It seems something is different about the left shoe, it rubs on a bone in the bottom of my foot. The right one is fine. I am returning them and not asking for a replacement pair. They might be better but maybe both of the shoes will rub. 😂

I have a label printed and will get them boxed up again. I wanted them to pick up the box but they have a disclaimer that if you are not available when the driver stops by, even with a note on the box, the driver does not have to accept the box. So I find that quite odd. Anyway, I will get to that soon.

Patsy, it will be wonderful for you to see your son again. I hope that happens soon. Be careful with all the chores and upkeep. It is so easy to do too much.

Sandy, I agree with Patsy, you look so youthful! You are definitely taking good care of yourself. So a new hairdo is in the works. With Bryanna, you will be able to make changes often. Someone locally was looking for someone to cut her hair who would do the cut outdoors. Many people jumped in and said it is against local ordinance for operators to do so. They would lose their license to operate. Life is odd. I am not sure what would be so horrible. Cut hair on the ground? There are worse things discarded just about everywhere.

Annsie, what is up with your neighbor today? Still cleaning things out? Has a sign been placed on the property? I cannot believe how much homes cost in your area. Amazing. I am in a low priced area compared to most of the rest of the Sneakers. Taxes are high enough around here for me!

Jackie, Tuesday and the contractors are back to work now?

Wishing everyone well today.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

Lovely tea set.

fhlslinf7znc.jpeg
  • Annsie35
    Options
    Not much happening here. After all the activity yesterday not so much as a sniff out of Harry and Joyce. I've spent the morning being quite ruthless in disposing clothes either shabby, out of date or just too posh for my present and now permanent lifestyle.

I think you will look very pretty with longer hair SANDY. Actually I've noticed quite a lot of ladies are sporting longer hair. I watched a British programme the other day, a documentary, and the lady had her hair piled up with curling tendrils around her face. Now she was very attractive and I'm not, but all the same I really fancy having a go with that effect. In fact I'm having a go right now and my hair is still too short but I think I'm going to try and achieve that look as befits a granny. It grows like a bush and my school days nickname wasn't bushy for nothing!

I think I've managed to persuade Maria to have the vaccine tomorrow along with Tony. She wasn't because she is scared she will be sleepy afterwards and won't be able to watch the wandering Tony, but surely one day is better out of sorts than three weeks of being very ill if she catches the virus.

Another department at Michaels workplace is closed for two days whilst the staff get tested for Corvid because another worker has contacted it. Michael is still working but honestly it's like Russian roulette out there!

Oh PATSY you and John will be over the moon to see your son again. So happy for you both.

I think I will take the pup into the garden whilst the weather is at its warmest. 58 Fahrenheit. We haven't attained your dizzy heights yet SANDY and LIN.

Hi to BARBIE and JACKIE. No sign of BOB. Wasn't he having his second jab? Hope he doesn't have ill after effects.

Anne.
  • pinkperil
    Options
    A pretty tea set Lin but the sugar bowl looks nearly as big as the teapot... someone likes sugar in their tea!!

Oh dear, the Carpenters singing Goodbye to Love on my radio and as ever, just before the guitar riff at the end Karen bangs her drums, tat, tat, tat and George has gone rushing off barking at my kitchen door!! 😅
    Yes contractors back and we’re on good terms after our discussions over the phone yesterday about money. Paul the electrician also called in for a couple of hours to remove ancient wiring and make secure any that might cause an issue before returning later in the week. The old hot water system with immersion tank as well as cold water tank hanging in the airing cupboard in a corner of my bedroom has been removed and when I commented the space is big enough to turn into a loo Dave immediately came up with a plan to do just that. My shower room is downstairs and although I don’t currently have the need to get up in the middle of the night it might be handy in the future! 😉

Dear Patsy, I do feel your pain at not seeing your kids for so long. We have a new found optimism in Britain too as the vaccines continue to be rolled out. Hang in there just a little while longer. ❤️
    It will be wonderful to regain our freedom to see who we want, when we want, even as we continue with mask wearing and hand gels.... my poor hands have shrivelled under all the sticky gel but I will continue!

A cold day that had us walking during a sleety snowy shower so Winter is definitely back. Thank goodness my garden room is warm so most of my day has been taken up with google researching a variety of things from floor tiles to my rights when the not so pleasant neighbour is pointing a CCTV camera along the path to my kitchen door.... Apparently in breach of our Data Protection laws so I’ll tuck that information away for future use rather than ask the local Bobby to knock on his door now!
    An hour in my greenhouse potting on a few tomato plants and also seeded a pot of mixed lettuce leaves while George snoozed in the chair I placed in there. Betty was happy to stay in the warm garden room.
    Also phoned the hospital to confirm my appointment time on Thursday because a letter from the appointments department hasn’t arrived. 1030 in Outpatients ‘Plastics’ sounded weird but will see about that facelift! Haha, I’m betting they hear that joke several times a day. 😅

The main multi fuel burner has been lit to take the chill out of the cottage so it’s quite cosy even if a dusty mess! I’ve just eaten a veggie tart with pile of steamed veggies which was pleasant and I’ll now wash up and relax.

Continue to stay safe everyone.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Looks rather like high clouds and perhaps a shower or two. A bit chilly but not too bad.

This is our Costco day. As usual John is doing the shopping. John is insisting that we remain on task, meaning that we stay isolated until this 4th wave is shoved aside. We are having an uptick in cases and deaths here in Oregon. To make matters more concerning, more businesses are opening up, cafes and bars. People are so tired of being cooped up...me as well. It is just crazy. We are all getting our shots and then feel free to get back to pre-Covid activities. We are urged by CDC to remain masked, social distancing and hand washing, of course. No guests except from one other household. No large indoor gatherings. We will follow guidelines but really ready for this to be over!

I just trimmed my hair. It is springtime short. But I look awful with long hair. Think straggly and unkempt and witchy looking. I can’t pull off that glamorous longer look with curling tendrils. I would love to have long thick hair. You would collapse laughing at me in long hair.

We talked to our son and he is really unindated with new work. Hollywood is back in business. He said there are lots of new films and TV series. He actually had to totally turn down work. He has not had to do that in at least two years.

John is on the hunt to replace his weather, temperature station. He loves checking on outside temperature, as well as inside, humidity and barometric pressure. Why? He is a scientist at heart. I never think about it. If I am cold I put on a sweater, if hot...I take the sweater off. It is very interesting however.
    Patsy☘️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) I got up at 6:30 this morning to get to the kiddos house by 8:00 so Lisa could get her first vaccine. She was a nervous wreck because she thought they made a mistake since she isn't in any special group. She got the shot with no problem but they didn't schedule a second, they said she has to do that online. My son goes tomorrow which because he is bipolar does qualify. The weather is beautiful at 80 degrees so the little ones were outside a lot. Robby struggled with online learning but his mom said to not worry about it, so I tried not too. Lisa then did her shopping and said I could go home since she didn't think it was right to keep me until her meeting at 6:30. My days will all be mixed up now with that change. When I got home I went to visit Joe who keeps nagging me into taking him for lunch. I sent a text to his son the other day and asked if he thought that was a good idea and he told me no, not yet. So I told Joe he had to talk to his family and have them agree before I take him anywhere. I think that is one of the reasons they want him to move into assisted living so they don't have to worry about him, he is 97.
    I ordered a reclining chair for my balcony which was delivered on March 17, today another chair arrived. I called Walmart and they said they will get in touch with the company that shipped it and I should hear from them within 48 hours, if not call them back. If no one hears from the seller then they said I can keep it which I find unlikely since it was $80.
    Is it time for bed now??? Just kidding, time to ride my bike. Have a great rest of your day,

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! :) (Thanks Lin) Where is everyone? Another beautiful day here, I am going to try and sit in sun on my balcony. Joe got permission from his son to go to lunch on Monday which I am not that comfortable with but will be cautious. He practically begs me everyday and since he might be leaving soon I will take him.
    Of course we will wear masks except for eating and do social distancing. It just feels so weird to do something normal.

Have a good day and I will check in later.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. The day has melted away from me.

I potted up my little seedlings yesterday but the timer function for the grow light has not been working properly. I have been messing around with that this morning and hope I have it working properly now. I am also hunting for a plant tray for my other light. So far, no luck on finding a size that will work.

We had a bit of drizzle this morning and more rain is expected later this afternoon....and tomorrow.

Sandy, best wishes on taking Joe out. I guess I would be concerned as well. I hope everything goes well and enjoy your day today!

Did I mention that I could not get a return call from the Honda dealership? I got in touch with a friend who takes his car to the same dealership he told me he has not been getting return calls and when someone does call, he gets reassigned to a difference service advisor. He say he has had 3 different advisors in his last 3 trips. He was kind of distressed by this so he called another dealership about an hour or so from here and he said he cannot get a callback from them either. He asked me if Honda is going broke. I don’t know but it is distressing. What do you do if you have an emergency and need to have the car towed to them for service? They won’t get a heads up if you cannot get in touch with them.

Back to my household chores.

Waving hello.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

tti6xpmybhdg.jpeg

• pinkperil
    Options
    Lost a long, long post and DRAT wasn’t the only word I used! This iPad has a life and mind of its own! 😤😠

Good news, my hairdresser just sent a text offering May 1st or 4th for appointment.... whoopee, this is more exciting for me than being vaccinated!!

Hello Sandy, and Lin who popped in with teapot while I was in the midst of losing my post!
    I’ll pop back later when I’ve eaten my evening meal.
    Jackie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Ive eaten pasta, mackerel and salad and all ready to organise myself and pets in my bedroom. The fire was lit downstairs again so the chill has been taken out of the air and dust.
    My day involved driving to drop off a birthday gift and card for friend Jill then on to a local DIY store just for the fun of it. I had wanted to look at their selection of floor tiles but that section remains closed until we come out of more aspects of lockdown on the 12th. I did collect a couple of latest paint colour charts for the day I’m able to finish the rooms but a long way to go on that! Neighbour Louise the teacher came with me and managed to find everything she wanted.

Sandy, can I offer that you think about taking Joe out if there’s any Covid threat. I know you well enough to say You would never forgive yourself if he became unwell.

Another cold day but I managed to spend a couple of hours this afternoon in the garden. Lots of seedlings in my greenhouse that I must now wrap in bubble wrap because the temperature in there is already 5c and only just becoming dark.

Lin, I haven’t heard any bad Honda news but perhaps the dealership suffered a Covid outbreak so staff have to self isolate... that or plain badly managed!

That’s it, I’m off. I keep taping the microphone in error but when I try to use it I discover it doesn’t understand my English accent so I get some highly amusing interpretations!

I hope everyone is well and safe. I’ve my hospital trip in the morning so will find you all later in the day.
    Jackie
  • jwubben6600
    Options
    Hello everyone! We are going to get our second shot this afternoon. I sure hope we only have a slight reaction as is the case with most people. I did have a restless night so I might call it an early night. I am feeling crazy uneasy about our Covid shots. Surely they will work! ???

Cloudy and showers predicted. A bit chilly. We will doubtless be standing in a cold wet line waiting to be jabbed. Then sitting on a folding chair in a fair expo building for the little bit of time after in case of allergic reaction. Still! I am immensely grateful for the vaccine. Must get a few things done before we head out the door. See you later!
    Patsy☘️