Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,357 Member
    edited June 2021
    Barbie, beautiful Iris. My favorites!

Sandy, Amazon owns Whole Foods. If you have Amazon Prime and load the Whole Foods app on your phone, you are able to get another 10% off of Sale Items when you checkout and scan the code on your app. No 10% off regular price items, just extra on sale items.

Details:

1. Exclusive savings and deals. Prime members get an extra 10% off sale items (excluding alcohol) plus special deals on seasonal favorites.

2. Free grocery delivery or pickup. You can shop your savings and deals on Amazon.com/WholeFoods or the Amazon app (look for the "Whole Foods" tab) and get free 2-hour delivery or 1-hour pickup (available in select ZIP codes). If delivery or pickup is not available near you, check back soon as we continue to expand to more cities.

3. Shopping with Alexa. In cities eligible for delivery of Whole Foods Market groceries, Prime members can find out about exclusive weekly deals and ask Alexa to add items to their Whole Foods Market cart. When you're ready to check out, go to the Amazon app or Amazon.com/Wholefoods, review your grocery items and schedule a delivery.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,266 Member
    Thanks Lin
  • Sandydur
    edited June 2021
    Happy Thursday! :) Loving this weather but no pool today. Meeting day and then Bryanna is coming for dinner after school. Lisa is with the kids at Yogi Bear Camp Grounds and sent us some videos of the kids doing karaoke, so funny. Good little voices and oh so cute, too cute not to share.
    The first is with Robby, Charlie and the friend they are with. The second is Charlie being a pro and dropping the mic!! lol
    https://youtu.be/WV8ePyLK3As
    https://youtu.be/zU6K9LvnRxE

Lin, thank you, I am set for the next visit to whole foods although a little pricey but better meat than Walmart. My freezer is full since I didn't make as many meals as I thought I would.

Not as much time as usual before meeting now that I have to drive, so have a wonderful day and enjoy the beautiful weather if you are having summer days.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Good morning all! It might be cloudy today and even a shower. The last two days have been miserably warm and humid. It did feel like we were wading through mud. Horrible feeling.

Today we have a few tiny errands and then we will pick up our veggie sandwiches from subway. I think we are going go to Point Adams for a picnic and watch the boats and seagulls. I usually take some bread or other out of date foods for the marine birds. They are dying of starvation. Our marine life is under great stress. And it is fun to feed them. The funny thing is Katie is totally convinced those big birds could kill us. The barking dog and seagull bird poop and after cleanup of the car is now making me rethink that idea. Okay...different idea! Get our subway sandwiches and head home to eat on our deck.

I am cleaning out fridge in prep for trash day tomorrow. When Damon came we bought way too much food and some things have turned into science projects in the back of the shelves. Do you all get the idea that I am not too organized. You just might be right.

Must get back into my morning exercises. I slacked off during Damon’s visit and the heat the last couple of days totally unhinged me. I know I can’t have a veggie subway AND forego my exercises. “That way lies madness!”

We are watching “Killing Eve” and It is interesting. it is unusual and stylish in an interesting way. It is the first detective/thriller series that I don’t have any clue about what on earth is going on. The plot is not designed in a linear way. The character is a fascinating Asian woman with wonderful wild hair.
    Patsy☘️

• Annsie35
    Annsie35 Posts: 919 Member
    After a very rainy night with more on the way this afternoon, I don't care! Mark showed up with The Shark vacuum cleaner and I am one happy "cleaning lady". Thank you for the recommendation JACKIE! It slid smoothly over what I thought was a clean carpet but when emptied I couldn't believe what it had picked up, lots of Beans fur! Bean was very good, she kept her distance but wagged her tail the whole time it was cleaning and followed me around whilst standing about 6ft away.
    After the Dyson conked out I've been using a brush and dustpan daily and THOUGHT I was doing a good job! Now if I can get used to and start using the very elderly dishwasher as well I'll be a lady of leisure!
    "Lady Anne" has a nice ring to it.

Just need Michael over now to get me set up on the laptop. It appears the boys share me with chores. No ones said this but it's an impression I'm getting. "You sort out her vacuum and I'll sort out the lap top" sort of thing. If this is the case it saves resentment doesn't it because I've known families of boys with only one daughter and the daughter gets to do everything, and not very happily. To be honest I haven't got to the doddery stage YET but I'll keep that to myself, lol and try not to bother the lads too much. I mean I'm quite capable of mowing the grass but if one of them leaps over and beats me to it, I'm not complaining!

And that's been my day so far. A watery sun has come out but thunderstorms are predicted for later.
    Annsie.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Hello everyone. Happy Thursday. We didn’t get to the allotment yesterday evening because a thick sea mist descended and with it cold air so we decided to go another time. This morning I went on one of my early shopping trips and was shocked how much it cost for fresh fruit and veggies, olive oil, coffee beans and a box of Brady’s pouches. No alcohol or meat so OUCH! My neighbour Louise joined me for our dog walk to the Quoit and back then, since she was going to a large local department shop I went a.ong to buy grow bags for my tomato plants. Dave and Joe worked hard to finish rendering the final wall so now there’ only a couple of small area in the ceiling that have to wait for the electrician to finish his side of things next Tuesday. Dave kindly brought me a roll of the professional masking tape he uses so no excuses if lines aren’t straight!

Sandy, your comment about this process being like a painful pregnancy and birth did make me smile as I thought thank goodness it won’t be going on for 9 months! 😁. In my heart I’m thinking next Friday to finish but my head says don’t plan anything!
    I loved your hummingbird video and was quite jealous although I know Brady would be jumping high to catch the dear little thing. The kids are hilarious, especially Charlie throwing a strop! 😆

Patsy, I just caught up on your post that’s come in ahead of me. You crazy lady; you do make me laugh and I completely understand why Katie is the way she is! You are more disciplined about your Subway than I was today about a shop bought juicy flapjack. I got it home, made myself a mug of coffee then in spite of it being a hefty weight, consumed the whole thing. This is the day before I get back to weighing and logging on the pound a week section... oh dear!
    I can see your daughter is a terrible worry for you and of course there’s no right answer and that’s heartbreaking. My older brother is doing himself great harm with alcohol and seems to think himself clever in a cynical way to be able to do it so I can’t begin to reason with him even though I’m one of the few people he talks openly to. Can’t give up on those we love that’s for sure.

Lin, just another hole for Dave to fill in and to be honest I’ve lost count!! I certainly don’t think he meant it to be so big but that’s what happens in old stone built buildings. It may get filled tomorrow because when he left today he said they will concentrate on getting the loo set up ready for the electrician to wire in the machinator.
    nexchsmj7567.jpg

Oven beeping at me as my pork chop has cooked and I’ve decided a green salad on the side might be a better option, thinking of my weigh in tomorrow.

Look forward to reading Anne’s Shark has arrived.
    Jackie
  • Annsie35
    edited June 2021
    See just above you JACKIE......LOVE IT ! Thanks for the recommendation! Bean was very good as well. Watched from a safe distance. I don't find it heavy, and so ecstatic to be fur free again. ❤️❤️❤️🐶🙃❤️❤️❤️
  • pinkperil
    I’m so pleased and relieved Anne. It’s always a worry recommending anything just in case. I had the same experience the first time I used my new Shark. I knew the old Dyson wasn’t operating properly but was horrified at the amount of dust and cat fur picked up by the new machine. It does glide doesn’t it and also turns corners with little or no effort! Well done Jilly Bean for not being afraid too! 🥰

Jackie
  • linder4866
    Good evening. Nothing of interest here today. I spoke with several friends, played with my container garden on the deck, sent texts and email messages. Good to hear from everyone.

Hugs.

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

mfi0rl5a6he5.jpeg
  • pinkperil
    Another Friday already! It’s a lovely day, sunny but not too hot and as I approach midday I’ve already walked the pooches, met a friend to pass on the prescription painkillers that I was getting online for another friend’s dog until he had to be put to sleep, dropped my neighbour at the GP practice for her appointment and done a little shopping before collecting her and driving home. Fisty cuffs in one queue because the store has never bothered to organise sensible distanced areas so if not careful it turns into mayhem. I only wanted a new can opener so was close to leaving rather than find myself in the middle of an argument but the lady in front of me stood up for our queue in such a regal manner Mr Angry who was causing trouble moved!

That’s me pooped so coffee break before gentle gardening. I’ve petunias to plant into containers and my weekly grass cutting because it may rain tomorrow.

Pretty violets in that teapot Lin.

Have a good day everyone.
    Jackie
  • Annsie35
    Yes, that's my idea of a teapot LIN and I'm very fond of violets.
    Grocery delivery day, garbage day, tree branch collecting day and a hot, hot, hot day. Yeuk.
    Back later if things get more interesting,
    Anne.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    TGIF Sneakers – We have been taking full advantage of the weather. Looks like we are headed into a beautiful 5-day run & hope to enjoy the entire time – it’s sunny and 80’s this morning – but thunderstorm expected this afternoon.
    y2yiw1mgtwpr.jpg

I rented “The Courier” for our entertainment to watch when the rain starts.

https://youtu.be/0Bb2d6DVY28

On Sunday, my daughter turns 44… so proud of all she has accomplished as a person, wife and mother. Only yesterday she was 3 yrs old in my arms and we danced to Double Fantasy, the last album of John Lennon just before bedtime – that ended with a “boomy” of me dropping her into bed. Time flies!

Sandy – I can understand your delight in “your” hummingbird. So small and so interesting as they dip into flowers with their needle bills and wings going non-stop. As for the holiday, I didn’t jump in the pool. It was in the lower 70’s with a breeze so the only ones swimming were 13 and under LOL. I will be sure to tell Jean about Fashion Attic. Thanks!

Anne – glad you enjoyed the photos and that you are enjoying some 8o degree weather. Hope all is well with the new laptop! The Shark vacuums look like a nice product and might have to consider the next time we replace.

Lin – Love the hummingbird teapot… such a nice connection with Sandy’s video. I made my daughters birthday card yesterday – and of course, thought of all your creative presentations.

Patsy – Always a way with the written word – your post “galloped off to the side into Neverland.” I love temps in the 75-87 range, but when it hits 90’s I long for a pool. We are fortunate that the house will stay relatively cool. Your feelings about your son and daughter are understandable. Hope that your daughter does well with her antibiotics etc. And you’re right we all have arts or at least up and down battles.

Jeri – Love the gorgeous “nature” photos! Obviously, no moss growing under your feet and you are looking in great shape. Congrats on the 2nd shot.

Jackie – Amazing how so many of us are talking about being “on the go” and busy with a variety of tasks and enjoyments. One step further to “normal.”

Barbiecat – Thanks for sharing the pics… reminds me of a cartoon…
    91r3ev9ljdo1.jpg

Time to get on with the morning and then head out for some fresh air and sunshine. Still need to catch up on some posts later.

Hope everyone has a great day! Bob :)
  • Annsie35
    BOB: groan!!, lol.
    Well something sort of weird happened this morning. The groceries that were ordered for after 10am arrived before 8 am. The delivery man DID phone first to see if I minded and I didn't so instead of being last on his round I became first. Which made for nice fresh veggies etc, but what was really weird was that the delivery firm quite often give us "members" a free something to try. Last week a box of spaghetti and earlier a free large pear. This week I was sent a free kit kat bar. Now apart from one small bowl of icecream I haven't had dessert since the last week of January when I went on the diet or actually a life change. I was really looking forward to having this with my morning coffee and wonders, it appears my taste buds have changed and I didn't enjoy it at all! Just too sweet and sickly!

Barry's dog Shelby was in his front garden when apparently a white terrier on a leash with its owner walked past. Both dogs tried to lunge at each other and barked and howled and growled which caused every dog in the street it seems to join in including Jilly the Bean who's got the loudest bark of all. What a hullabulloo as the culprits owners tried to control and hold back their "pets". This brought us all out to see what was going on including my soon to be old neighbours. I get the weirdest feeling they are regretting their coming move. After all this is a street of nice people who tolerate the quirky ones among us. I am noted for being a bit clairvoyant and picking up vibes and future events so who knows. Wooooohooooo.

Well - something nice and salty for lunch to get the chocolate after taste out of my mouth! Who'd have thought!

It's coming in very dark so I guess the predicted thunderstorm and muggy weather is on its way.
    Oh I lost a post before this. Almost gave up!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Happy Friday! :) I am doing a couple of loads of laundry before heading to the pool. It is going to be 90 today and I want to take advantage of the weather. I bought a noodle chair since they said we could bring our own noodles so hopefully they will let me sit in my noodle chair in the pool. I feel guilty about not going out to lunch with Joe but he knows how much I love the pool and since it is so hot I don't think he could handle sitting there for an hour.
    We will see who is at the pool tomorrow and if people he knows are there I might pick him up to visit with them for a little while. It would be better if his son brought him but Joe probably won't ask him.

Our Governor is opening Illinois next Saturday for the last phase which means everything will go back to normal.
    I hope that changes our pool rules so I can have visitors once again.

So forgive me for not responding to everyone, but it is almost noon and I still have to eat. Have a wonderful day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Happy Friday indeed! It is sunny but predicted to be moderate, I am not wired for that hot summer day any more. To think...I lived on a ranch in Texas and we only had fans back then. No AC and I don’t remember being too hot. I lived in shorts and tee shirts and of course cowboy boots.

Yesterday we did our errands and Katie received a small milk bone at the bank and Walgreens. She loves those treats and tries to crawl out of the window to say hello to the ladies who offer them. The town was full of people. Tourists and locals alike. We are all holding our breath. I saw so many without masks, no social distance, it was outside so maybe it will be just fine. We ate our veggie subway at home. No seagulls, Katie had her food on the deck also. She ate under the patio table and John sneaked a bite of his subway chicken sandwich to her.....oh bless!

Damon is still working on the boat. Daughter Andrea is quiet these days. I will call her soon. Must run get the trash can since the trash man just came by.

I am sure I would not have the same reaction to KitKat bars as Anne. I know I would love them and want more. I guess that was the strategy at the grocery store. OMG I would have greedily gobbled it up with my coffee. I just have to try to stick with fruit as dessert. However very occasionally my resolve goes haywire. Thank goodness for John. He tries valiantly to keep me on the straight and narrow.
    Patsy☘️
  • linder4866
    edited June 2021
    Hello, Friday evening. I am going early tomorrow morning to get in line to dispose of my old dehumidifier. I struggled it up the stairs out of the basement, into the garage and finally hoisted it up into my vehicle. I hope the line isn’t too long tomorrow but it might be. There were no drop offs at all last year in this suburb. If I can’t get through, there will be another one in September. Next week is a trash pickup week but there are lots of limitations on what may be placed at the curb. I doubt I will have anything.

This morning, I sprayed blossom set on my blooming plants and an organic insect repellent on several of the plants. Surprise, wasps have returned. And then the enemy of my containers, called squinnies here but other places ground squirrels. I sprayed animal repellent but that had no effect. I ordered some very strong peppermint spray to try. At least it is not toxic.

I made a trip to the library again. I returned books, picked up new ones and got a craft kit they had put together.

I worked to find out what had been cancelled on a gardening order with one company. I got a notice from PayPal that I received a refund for a cancelled order but the company has not contacted me. I am not certain the amount is right as there was shipping to add on to the cost of the items. Well, that will be for another day.

I talked to a friend for quite a long time. She is still rehabbing from a surgery at the first of the year. She is doing physical therapy again but I was shocked to hear she is limited at this point to 500 steps twice a day. Sometimes things do not straighten out quickly.

Then I contacted several former Mah Jongg players. Another player sent an email indicating a standing game is starting up next week. I am not planning on playing at this time. Another lady said she doesn’t know if she is welcome as she is not vaccinated. That was not addressed in the email. But she felt she wants to wait until next year. Everything is still odd.

Tonight I watered all my plants. The heat today coupled with the strong wind, dried everything out.

MFP is behaving badly. Seeing your posts is not a given. The app seems to let me see new content a couple of times a day, both here and on my newsfeed. I refresh, I sync, nothing. Then hours later, posts will suddenly just appear.

Is it haunted?

Wishing everyone a great Saturday and Sunday. I will be watering plants each day. 😂

Lin🙋🏼‍♀️
    ❤️❤️

nkw997bevpqj.jpeg
  • Annsie35
    Very early morning hello from me. It is already hot with the windows open and the birds twittering. I shall hole up for the day later with the a/c and try and figure the laptop out which Mark set up yesterday. Mike will be over and should haul me out of any trouble I'm sure to get into.
    So keep cool everyone.
    Anne.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Happy Saturday Sneakers….

Going to be a great day and hit 70 degrees by 5am. My sister-in-law in Az noted it was 107 and how she misses cooler temperatures. She is in her early 80’s and loves to garden, so I understand that. Waiting for the gym to open up. Today is the 14 anniversary of one of my sisters passing at age 69 (heart problems). Loved her. She was the advice giver in chief to many. Tomorrow is my daughters 44th birthday and only some of today’s plans are set. I know Jean said she wants to do some bathroom “caulking” LOL – she kills me.

c2umho6k3ynz.jpg

Anne – OK – a bit lame of the cartoon. Congrats on getting the best veggies! AS for the free “KitKat” – it’s amazing how our taste buds change once we eliminate most sugar from our diet. I know we both pretty much set in motion a “life change” when it comes to what we eat. While I diverge a bit every few months, I am 90% now a creature of habit with what I eat and intermittent fasting (16/8). Hilarious that you needed to wash the chocolate taste from your palate.

Sandy – My 90 degree partner…you are so right in taking advantage. Enjoy that pool!! My daughter texted a pic of her pool with the liner removed and a new one is scheduled to be installed today (hopefully) with a mini-heatwave ahead. I told her they could play in the pool today, but should avoid diving until water is added. Not sure if they plan to have their annual 7/4 cookout that was cancelled last year, between the pandemic and a couple deaths in family.

uxpxpf2vy133.jpg

Patsy – Glad you are getting the moderate temps you like. Like you (and as one of seven children), growing up we only had fans… best part of my fan was talking into it for the sound effect. I think I like heat more now, because of the “tonnage” I lost. I do remember hating it. I think I love all seasons, but wish winter was 30 days not 5 months LOL. Ha ha on dessert. Funny how berries, pineapple etc are the new sweet!

Lin – Sounds like you got a great workout with that humidifier. We are very lucky, in that we have one day ( I forget the schedule) that we can put out something like that for p/u – it is a one piece limit. Our wasps/bees have returned as well and unlike last year some animals have found a few of Jean’s plantings. We never got the storm yesterday as planned, so the lawn might get a bit parched this week and we’ll have to do a lot of plant watering.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Bob :)
  • Annsie35
    edited June 2021
    It just struck me after reading BOBs comment that if I was twenty years old again and on this sugarless diet I'd be a really cheap date when it comes to boxes of chocolates!
    Anne.
    PS. It's 71 right now and climbing to 91 as the day moves on. Groan! I'm like PATSY, at my happiest at 65 degrees. Might feel different if I had access to a pool though.
  • pinkperil
    Lost my post!!! 😠😡🤬

Jackie