Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. Marie***Your's will come later so you have something to look forward to.
    Sorry about your fall. Keep safe my friend.

We went to Kathy's for Mother's Day since it was her first Mommy's Day. We had both grandmas and great grandma and we took pictures. So when I get them, since Dave left his camera at Kathy's I will show you. Lots of snuggles with Isaac.

Sandy - Love that picture of Robby and Mom. You should frame it. Lovely. The cup is adorable.

Buzz - Enjoy the movie. Never saw that one before.

Lin - Safe travels and good luck with the estate arrangements. Keep us posted.

Phoebe - Good luck with your surgery and hope all goes well.

Anne - You were treated like a queen by your sons. A lovely day.

If I missed anyone, I hope your day was wonderful!

Shirley
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Marie - so glad you are okay. You can tell from all the comments that you are so special to all of us. Big hugs dear lady.

Sandy - adorable. What a great gift.

Lin - like you, my MFP friends are a real part of me. I may not see you I person but I feel like I do.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi dahlings, loved the pictures, and Robbie and Mom are just beautiful. SANDY, where are you going to be in Florida? I feel so lucky to have actually met several of you who were visiting the Sunshine State! We, too, love the Big Island, but my very favorite is Kauai, which incidentally I think was used in The Descendants when they went on vacation to a beach resort! I wish PHOEBE a successful surgery, and it is vastly improved from several years ago. Happy to see MARIE is OK, as we all worry when we don't hear from my li'l sis!
    We thought Black and White was a movie well worth seeing. I imagine it will cause some of us to look in the mirror to check out attitudes, habits, and acceptance! The cast did a lovely job, and Costner's "granddaughter" was adorable AND beautiful. Tell me how you felt about it after you see it!
    Ate something salty and have swelled up, so into my leg pumps immediately! Ate no rolls, soup or ice cream today, bur couldn't resist a small flan tonight! My bad! Tomorrow night before dinner there will be an appetizer/cocktail hour serving mini hot dogs, egg rolls, brie and french bread, spinach pies, and you name it! Perhaps I will skip it and not go down until dinner! Gotta run now...
    <3 Buzz
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Somehow I managed to screw up half of my post. How I don't know.

If I can remember I also commented that Phoebe appears to be in count down mode. Good for her

Also, everyone but Marie had a great Mother's Day but Marie's family will make it up to her.

Can't remember what else I said but have a great evening everyone.

2h6hbsx.jpg

Jeri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    Our trip took us to Eureka, California where we lived for many years before moving to Washington. We made plans to see two of Jake's kids,some grandchildren, two ex-DILs, and many friends. It was fun but reminded us of how much we love our life in Washington

<3 Barbie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    A quick catch up before getting into the garden to cut the lawns and do the forever tidying!

Anne ~ A lovely walk in the woods again and I've recorded a few pieces of video of the bluebells that I'll try to string together this evening. It's a shame it doesn't record the scent which was yummy!

Jeri ~ Now I'm not putting you into the category of pets but the procedure on your spine you mentioned was shown recently in a tv documentary about an amazing vet here in the UK who never gives up on animals and has done some amazing operations to offer extended and pain free lives. A dog was taken into his practice that struggled to walk and after that same procedure you might have, together with physio, he was soon bouncing around like a Spring lamb. The documentary showed all the x-rays, and before and after CT scans as well as the operation itself and I thought then how much surgery has progressed in a few short years. At least if you do have the operation I will know exactly what's being done but hopefully it won't come to that!

Marie ~ I did think of you and hoped you were ok when the news showed the damage in Texas after the storms. So glad you are alright. <3

Lin ~ Here's hoping you have a constructive visit and yes, best stay over if you have a long day rather than rush.

Buzz ~ Oh dear, so many temptations that would certainly be too much for me to ignore in your environment. At home I keep the cupboards bare of anything naughty and still don't seem to lose weight!!

I will try to get back this evening but see a few clouds drifting overhead so had better get that lawn cut just in case....!!!

Hello to all missed friends and have a good Tuesday.

Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Here are some Mother's day pictures. hvml71gpez93.jpg
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Shirley, I recognize you, Isaac, and daughter Kathy, who are the others? You all look so happy♥
    Jackie, your vet is my hero♥
    Back to cleaning, a bit at a time.
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Oh How I love the photos! The vacation to Hawaii photos, beautiful baby and Mother's Day cup, new grandmothers and grand baby pix! I feel like I was right there with you. Thanks so much sneakers!

Today I must go again for one of those eye shots. It is so nerve wracking because each time I wonder how my eyes are...is the macular degeneration worse or better? I am a wimp, for sure. One thing I have noticed about all of us is the urge to try to to control our weight and health is primary! The younger MFPs want to look good. I just want to see, move around without pain, be able to be independent and be as positive as possible.

Well my lovely friends, my Rhodies are almost in full bloom. I always look forward to this time. I have a riot of color and it is like visits from old friends. Moving here from Wyoming was like moving from Mars. Vegetation was few and far between there.
    Stay well and healthy
    .patsy
  • Shirley61
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Phoebe - the lady with the short blonde hair is Kathy's Mother in law. The older lady with the black sweater is my Mother in law.
    The one I talk about who is 89. Oh, next time someone remind me not to wear stripes I look so wide. What was I thinking. :p

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

Shirley you look lovely and so happy.
    Love marie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    A ot of heart warming stories coming out on that tornado that hit east of us. Real close to where Kathy live.
    About God.s little creatures bein reunited with there. Family.. Now we have floods to cope with. I don,t think we are in no danger tho.
    Alice will be out Saturday to help about my compute
    Missed you all.
    Marie
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Could have done worse at the cocktail party, but might have walked away from temptations, too! Lovely birthday dinner night, and special mention of our little Gert, who will turn 100 this month! Still bikes 3 miles a day, walks all the staircases rather than use elevators, and has a mind sharper than mine ever was!
    Once again, beautiful concerts before and after dinner but sorry to say, I cannot sit here any longer or my back will collapse! Also falling asleep, so stay healthy r have success achieving healthy procedures, and I'll attempt to return tomorrow!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Could have done worse at the cocktail party, but might have walked away from temptations, too! Lovely birthday dinner night, and special mention of our little Gert, who will turn 100 this month! Still bikes 3 miles a day, walks all the staircases rather than use elevators, and has a mind sharper than mine ever was!
    Once again, beautiful concerts before and after dinner but sorry to say, I cannot sit here any longer or my back will collapse! Also falling asleep, so stay healthy r have success achieving healthy procedures, and I'll attempt to return tomorrow!
    <3 Buzz
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Lots to do outside before rain arrives but as promised, especially for ANNE, here are the bluebells in the woodlands.... a little bit of England!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av9czxDv7PM&amp;feature=youtu.be

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    JACKIE, oh my goodness, I am forever in your debt! The bluebells are as lovely as ever, but what I liked EVEN more was the bird song. I have a great lump in my throat and damp eyes as I remember myself at 9 years old tramping through very similar woods with my mother. Unbelievably, your handsome George is very like my childhood dog Judy, except Judy was mainly black. No wonder I am sat here having a quiet snivel! I hope you don't mind but I am going to keep the video on my photo page. If I can't do it, I'm sure Michael can. Thank you, thank you, thank you! How did I get so lucky in "meeting" everybody on this group! By the way, do you also have wild garlic in your wood? Beautiful flowers but warned by Mam not to touch it!
    On a calmer note, how was the auction and did you find a bookcase?

I had a great deal of trouble with this site yesterday and early today, and so gave up. However I'm so glad I had another go and found treasure whilst drinking my coffee! It's chilly here, after a short 2 day heat wave, the heating came on. I think my honeysuckle has "taken" though and the geraniums still look perky.
    Before I lose you all again, the photos are lovely. What a handsome bunch you all are!
    Anne.
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Oh my, and now I've found "how to paint a bluebell wood, and others. JACKIE, thank you, thank you, thank you! It's Mother's Day all over again! I'm quite overwhelmed!
    Anne
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) I got to sleep in today which was wonderful. I am going to take a ride to my niece's to have her trim my hair before my vacation. I have bingo tonight and really could use a win for vacation money. Yesterday was Daisy's 6th birthday so Babe came over after dinner and we took her on a two mile walk. He also brought some toys for me to give to her. The good thing is I continue to lose weight and only have about two pounds to go to my all time low. I have met my original goal but opted to lose 5 more for fluctuation. Who knows what will happen when I return from Florida.

Jackie, love you video, so many wonderful things especially George, but loved the sound of the birds as well as the beautiful scenery. Thank you for sharing with us.

I don't have much time so will keep this short. It was cold enough to put the heat on this morning, can't wait for that Florida sunshine. And Buzz, I am going to Jacksonville where my daughter lives.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Anne: I can well imagine how you feel. The videos so vividly lets me see the England you love and long to experience again. I agree this was extremely creative and expressive. Do keep this right next to your heart so you can take a trip home when ever you get homesick. It does remind me of oregon. The vegetation is of a similar varity but different. Oregon is wilder and more primitive. It is harder to hike in the forests. But still fun.

Must go...another dr. Appointment this morning. Ugh!
    Patsy
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Anne here again, the weather song JACKIE! I'd forgotten that one, and so true of our lovely island!