• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    We'll I can but cannot get it on my computer this is my I pad
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2014
    Options
    hello hello Ok Alice got me back on MFP What a mess.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :D I am back and had a wonderful time. I didn't win but did come back with some of my own money. B) Have some errands to do and then will go see baby Robby and tonight bingo. Will catch up with everyone later.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    smiley-happy093.gif Lin, your scarf looks great....especially with that jacket

smiley-happy002.gif Buzz, I'm glad that the directions worked for you to post pictures....Mike looks like he's having a good time.

smiley-bounce008.gif Marie, my friend brought her mom up here from Waco and her mom was freezing cold the whole time she was here...she was happy to get to back in the warm Texas weather.

smiley-happy002.gif Shirley, we're way up north, too and experiencing the much shorter days....I notice it more in the morning because I walk so early.

smiley-sad012.gifPhoebe, sorry about your injured cat

smiley-happy110.gif Jake has been in Seattle at the hospital for another angiogram. They didn't do anything like stents or anything so he didn't have to stay in the hospital overnight but it was late yesterday when they let him get out of bed so he stayed overnight in the little hotel in the hospital...today he'll take a cab to the ferry, take the ferry and a friend will pick him up on the other side and drive him the 90 minutes to get home. They'll go out to eat at a restaurant on the way back.

smiley-happy110.gif

smiley-happy020.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtonsmiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Barbie lad Jake is Ok. Your post is really showing off Neat.

sandy good to have you back with us. so glad you had a good time. When do you start baby sitting how many hours a day will it be? I can't feature you being tied down all day. But I know you will love it.

Lin I had a terrible time last night. I tried to download a raggy Ann doll designs and Hit a pop up and it made me unable to post on MFP Thank goodness Alice walk me thru it and got it off of my computer and now can post. This happen once before. Will have to pay attention to that pop up. Or I guess any pop up unless I know them.

Had a nice chocolate flax seed muffin and coffee for breakfast. I made up a pint of the dry ingredient so is easy to make my muffin in the morning all I have to do is add my egg beater and coconut oil and bake for one minute Will mix up a plain one today so I can add banana or whatever I want ( pumpkin) too I get my protein and fiber and good oil all in one muffin

Phoebe I don't know what I am doing wrong but my blood sugar was up to 150 this morning. unless I have been eating too many carbs. I had a bake sweet potatoe and ate the whole potato instead of half of it. So will have to watch that and not eat the whole thing. Will be checking it at lunch and see how the muffin did. I am going to start eating by my meter

Tomorrow Jerry and I go to get our hair cut. We used to o to the same barber shop but she was so busy and had to wait a long time so Now I am going to the pro shop hair salon and found me a lady that I real like for my hair cuts. and close by the house.

Got some pintos going this morning for dinner.
    1533254ste22v7c69.gif
    PHOEBE & OKIE

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    42284r3isez0h7h.jpg

Phoebe - Sending along a guardian angel kitty for your little darling.

Marie - wow, I am sorry your computer got messed up while trying to get that pattern. I get an e-mail (from a real company) that has all types of interesting information in it but I can never get the articles to load without slowing down my entire computer due to all the junk they have running on the pages. I have given up on them. Glad you're back in business!

Barbie - wahoo---excellent news. Thanks for letting us know about Jake. And here's Mr. Bean to dance in honor of the good news:
    382561ai7h9zeppn.gif

Sandy - welcome home. Sounds like a busy one for you. Good luck at bingo!

Shirley - how are you doing today? Thinking of you....

I am running errands today and packing for a trip to see my dad tomorrow and have to check his acreage and stop by a local bank to sign some paperwork. Went to Walmart this morning, zipped home to put things away AND got my pinto beans out of the pot as they were ready, then back to Costco to renew my membership, to complain about a spoiled item and to purchase a few things. Phone calls, some tea and then I'm off again for an afternoon of errands.

Oh, and I did go to that beaded bookmark class last night. Everything that could possibly go wrong DID go wrong for me but ultimately I did end up with a bookmark. I don't think beading will probably be for me............

Hugs to all.

Lin
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My little grand daughter is in the hospital. My daughter called us and gave me the update. Her oxygen level was low. She has been taking breathing treatments but today they said her level was so low that they admitted her. She will be there for a couple days while they put her on antibiotics in the IV and do some other tests. It appears that she has child's ashma. ( Don't know how to spell that) I hope she will grow out of it. My daughter will stay with her there in the room. She said she was actually enjoying being there because they gave her a bunch of new books and puzzles to play with. She thinks it's a party!
    I wish I lived closer. Times like this is when you just want to be THERE. Not HERE.
    Phyllis
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Phyllis, prayers for your grandaughter, I know you want to be with her. Im glad they put her in the hospital right away. When i visited my niece in the children's hospital, there was a playroom full of toys. Kis were kept busy!

Lin, my vision wont allow me to do small beadwork im afraid. I do love it. I feel like most of my 'hobby' time is being spent cleaning up after cats!

Marie, you get in all kinds of trouble with computers, dont you? I hate pop ups too. There are pop upblockers, you can ask Alice about it.

Welcome home, Sandy, we missed you.
    Barbie, thats quite a trip for Jake, i guess it takes a day to get over it. How are your three critters?

Okie is home and moving easily. Just a limp sometimes. His 'Dad' just pulled in, hell be glad to see him. Okie has a few days of pain meds and hes all clear. Hes free to jump and run as he pleases! Its really amazing.

ours temps are dropping, chilly, and 40 in the morning!

Phoebe
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    geeeee My iPad lost my post 2 x in a row. Now on my computer, but we are heading out the door to go to supper with my cousin's daughter.

Hope everyone is well. Sorry Phyllis about your grand daughter, that is awful.

I'll try to catch up later. It looks like I have to use my computer because my iPad doesn't like MFP. LOL

See you all later.

Jeri
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    oh me got to get my blood sugar back in control. Been cooking beans all day and going to have 1/2 c really I want a cup of them and some turnip greens
    I order some Swerve sweetener online got it today and he has 5 grams of carbs per teaspoons Way to much I heard them talk so much about it online but did not know the carbs was That high.Bad Buy.

It is suppose to get in the 50's tonight.

yes phoebe I do set in more messes on this computer. Lucky Alice can always et me out of them. Glad to hear Okie is doing so well. They much have been a good care giver.

My day today. been on the computer looking over all of my embroidery designs. I found a cute little applique baby chicken and had it down to be may into a disk so I could embroidery it and lost it. I accidently hit delete.
    And cannot remember which designer I found it on. Did embroidery a couple designs and like them real well. the last of my washing done. About all I did today.

Shirley thinking of you. and of course your friend. So sorry. Hugs to you all

To little granddaughter of Phyllis get well soon.
    1477902wfa3asny8r.gif
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    623568ac0ge74yni.gif

This is an angel for my friend Elli, may peace come her way soon.

Evening Sneakers,

Well my friend's illness is not good. She has done a down turn and they didn't send her
    out for another scan they got the results of the first scan and it wasn't good.
    Her husband came over last night and asked if Dave would do the Eulogy and of course he said he would.

We are still planning on going up to the cottage this weekend to close it up and bring some more stuff back for my MIL. She gave me a list of things she wants brought back and we are also bringing back a desk for my daughter Kathy which she wanted. I think the car will be filled.

Thanks Lin for asking how I was doing. It will be tough the next few weeks. I went to my Yoga Class this morning and was tearing up on the way to the class but did pull myself together by the time I got there. I visited my MIL after that and then went home had some lunch and went out to a Mall to try and find some Yoga blocks to use at home but no luck.

Sorry no comments tonight but tomorrow is another day.

Enjoy the evening!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
    50F and rain. They are talking snow on Halloween. EEEEK!!!

• linder4866
    Options
    Hugs Shirley.......I will be thinking of you each day. Please check in with us as you feel able okay?

Marie - sorry about the sugar substitute. Doesn't sound great with all those carbs. Hope you find that design again. Can you find it through your browser history?? Did I tell you I signed up for both a crochet class and a knitting class? They are just short classes---an hour and a half or two hours. Looking forward to it. I did get out my knitting needles and did some casting on and a row or two or knitting. I'll try to get back and do some more before the class. It's more difficult as a left-handed person to keep up in class as most people are right-handed. That was the case last night in that bead class. I'll practice up on the different crochet stitches too. I do have an old afghan pattern from way back when (1979) that I would like to try. It's a snowflake design with just white snowflakes with blue trim. Don't know if I can do it but hope to give it a whirl after that class.

Well, I'm pretty well packed up and ready to visit my dad tomorrow. I feel so bad for Shirley but I will update you that my dad is once again on an upturn and he's up and started eating again and has moved back up from the Hoyer lift to the EZ stand and he is able to be taken to the bathroom. He is mumbling and grumbling and is angry so I guess tomorrow may be quite a day once again.

Phyllis - I hope your little sweet darling feels better very soon. I am sorry you cannot be with her.

Jeri - I have problems on my iPad as well.........MFP isn't real friendly right now!

Phoebe - I know you love your cats but I am sorry you can't spend some hobby time doing some hobby that you enjoy.

Hugs everyone. Will see you on Friday probably but will try to check in while at the nursing home!!!

Lin
  • linder4866
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Marie - here's a picture of that afghan.......don't know if I can do this or not but I sure think it's pretty.

Hummmmmmmmm, seems to be on it's side. Removing the picture but if you click on the little symbol below it looks okay.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    Too busy watching the World Series to post anything tonight

925668uhhwdlq6ma.gif
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    It is really beautiful Lin. I made a Texas yellow rose bedspread years ago and I think I sold it in a yard sale. Love it. though. When I was working we would meet early in the lunch room and all crochet What fun days. I taught them how to make a long granny square none of us was great at the crocheting. But what beautiful colors they put together

Yes I found my design I was looking for. I look at the folder it was in several times but just did not see it. Will work on it in the morning My eyes are not what they use to be.
    Be safe on the road. Glad to hear your dad is doing better.

Phoebe Have not heard a word here lately on your ache and pains. Hope you are doing better or are you doing like me trying to ignore it. Sometime you can't***** go and sitting is my method of relief

Take care Mfpers.
    Marie
    Time for bed
    376870gneuln5oop.jpg

Isn't that the truth
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    LOl, Marie, yes that Is the truth! My aches and pains are with me for sure! My ankle pain is much less. The injection into my knee hasn't made a difference yet. My back is worse. Still trying to get my appt sooner or change doctors. The insurance company called to tell me that some kind of knee injections won't be covered. I didnt have time to contact the dr to check the name of my injection.
    Spent a few hours on the phone with pharmacies and medicare plans sorting bills and other stuff. Iwarned them in advance that i was a bit angry/ffrustrated. Lol, it helped!

Lin, safe travels, Jeri, hold onto thoses posts!

Hugs Shirley, it's a good plan to go while you can. So sad for your friend to be thinking about his wife's memorial.

Getting under the blankets, chilly tonight

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    No time for a post now so passing
    678167za099kr3bj.jpg along a funny graphic
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :D Meeting day, more errands and then visiting Robby. Chilly day today, it is only 36 degrees but going up to 50.

Marie, funny, funny graphic and so true. <3 Sorry about your blood sugar, but you know what you have to do which is a good thing. It amazes me that you are still able to do all your crafts, so proud of you.

Phoebe, I am so sorry about Okie and glad he is making a good recovery. As far as your aches and pains it is terrible your appointment was so messed up. I do hope you get your medicare worked out, did you look into AARP? I myself, have Blue Cross Blue Shield as my supplement but I think they are only in Illinois, but I might be wrong. All I know is that I don't pay a penny out of my pocket for anything. How is Jim feeling??

Barbie, watched the last inning of the series at bingo last night and we were all disappointed. :( Happy to hear Jake's appointment went well, no blockage correct??

Lin, your afghan is beautiful, good luck in making it with no problems. Your dad reminds me a lot of Donna and how she is acting. I think his health issues are worse but her congestive heart failure is causing her legs to swell and bruise, they look awful.

Shirley,
    2065385ulmtfiefpp.gif
    Praying for you and your friend, may God take her soon and wrap His Arms around here to give her peace.

Jeri, are you losing the open tabs on your IPad because they should remain even if you click on something by mistake. On this new forum you can hit the back button and not lose your post.

Phyllis,
    1537092h2jir3dkjg.gif
    Praying your granddaughter is better today and gets better everyday. It is so hard when we can't be with our grandchildren when they are sick.

Jackie, hope all is well with you.

For all I missed I also wish you the best and hope life is treating you good.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Talked to my daughter and she said my grand daughter got a god nights rest but she said she was exhausted because she got woken up every few hours when they came in to do things to Fayrouz. Temperature check, treatments, this and that and you know how that goes in the hospital. But she told me that when they put the IV in her little hand they put a bandage with little bears on it. then they wrapped it up with a lot of gauge and told her that they were putting the little bears to sleep under the blanket ( gauge) and told her not to touch it or it would wake up the little bears. I thought that was a pretty clever way to explain it the little ones that they can't pull out those IV or even touch them. she said things were doing better but they want her to stay another night. I hope she gets more sleep tonight.
    Phyllis
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Having problems staying on this site, but have read most of today's posts. So sad for SHIRLEY and her friend. It's never easy to know we are about to lose a dear one, so many hugs to you all! Sounds like PHYLISS's wee one is starting to improve, and more hugs to a Grandma who is so far away! MARIE, watch the darn carbs...and I'm not the one to give advice as my weight is impossible! But your sugar count is so important, dear.
    LIN, your rollercoaster life right now is tough but you are a terrific survivor, and handle far more than I have to deal with, and I send you many hugs, also.
    SANDY, JERI, BARBIE (best wishes to JAKE), PHOEBE, and everybody here, I send you all hugs, and am beginning to think running out of time is my new normal! Gotta get dressed for early dinner!

<3 Buzz