Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I got my gloves I order to wear to keep me from bruising my left hand and on my right one to wear on the computer. Now to see if the help me I like the right one it keep the pressure off of my palm When I play bingo has a good padding under it.
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello Sneakers,

My best friend lost her battle with cancer this morning at 5:30am

I will catch up later. So much to read but will have to read at a later time.

Showing is Thursday and funeral is Friday morning.

Shirley :'(
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,199 Member
    Options
    Oh Shirley, I am so sorry for your loss.

2188859mpgob8ae47.gif\\

Lin :'(
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hugs for you, Shirley, it is a big loss for you and her family.

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So sorry Shirley and her family my heart is with you.

1650373r8e46n89o8.gif

Hugs Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Shirley, so sorry.
    941189wkjt1tey4j.jpg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,001 Member
    Options
    Shirley, I am so sorry for your loss

1652186wuszumwc87.gif
  • linder4866
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good morning - put away my few Halloween things and brought out the porcelain pilgrims and turkeys my mom made decades ago.

Hugs.

Lin
  • linder4866
    edited November 2014
    Options

9p4hr3ydhzq1.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    nice. good job
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Lin, did you say your mother Made those? My mother used to do the pottery molds, then paint them, she loved doing it. Then she moved to crochet. I wish I had some of her pottery, don't know what happened to all of it. It was very popular in late 60's to make the large spoon and forks, then mount them on burlap covered wood.

Hi Marie, how are you today? I've had one dr. appt this morning, and another coming up at 1pm. whee, so much fun. Jim is on his high in the sky lift, more power to him, as long as I don't have to go up there!! I was helping him move the lift as close to the wall as we could get it, then I was putting blocks under the tires, when I stepped back and fell into the rubbish pile. wood, with nails in it.. laddders, etc. No harm done, no stab wounds!!

Have to do a couple of things before the appt. so I'd better scoot. take care

have a wonderful day if you can
    sunny aand warm here

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Oh I messed around and lost a long post
    Be back late to tell you how my day went
    Hugs
    Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello

We got back from up North yesterday and they had 8"of snow but packed down to 4" by the time we got there. We did some cleaning and throwing out. We brought back a freezer for my MIL and a desk for my daughter Kathy plus boxes of things my MIL had on her list. The drive back was good on Monday and hardly any traffic. A lot warmer here
    than where we were.

I had a chiropractic apt on today and my chiropractor asked me how I was doing and I started crying about my friend. The tears are on the surface and will be until we get through this week. Visitation is Thursday 2-4 and 7-9 and the funeral is Friday at 11:00am
    We did some pictures at Walmart for the funeral and bought some frames to put them in.
    They were mostly from trips we on with our friends over the years.

Our youngest daughter Kathy is coming on Thursday night with us to the funeral home and our other daughter Kristina will be coming on Friday morning to the funeral and stay the weekend. I am anxious to see Kathy because she said she is getting bigger now.
    They sold their townhouse last weekend and will be moving at the end of January.

THANK YOU ALL for the lovely graphics and the beautiful saying that Sandy sent on her graphic.

Today was laundry day after the weekend and putting away all the Halloween decorations.

Just trying to get through the day.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada <3

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Thinking of you Shirley and sending peaceful vibes your way. So sorry for your loss.

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lin, We had almost the same pilgrim and turkeys that you posted. It must have been the In thing to buy at the time. I had to smile when I saw them. Thanks for sharing.
    Phyllis
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Phoebe is the baby of this cyber family. We have watch her grow up to be a senior just like us.Isn't she a sweet one. I think we all love her.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe - yes my mom made those. She took ceramics class for a long time and started out with regular greenware from a supply store in the area.......her teacher got them permission to buy over there. Anyway, after a while she moved on to doing porcelain and entered some shows and won some ribbons. So she always worked with greenware, didn't ever throw her own pots or anything but her teacher had everything there for the glazing, painting, and firing. She enjoyed it so much. I have a number of her things---several jack 'o lantern plates and mugs, the pilgrims and turkeys, several Christmas trees that you put the little lights in the pre-drilled holes and then you plugged it in as there was a bulb inside the tree, a full Nativity set, and a pair of Canadian geese. There's another box I haven't looked in yet, it might have miniature porcelain tree ornaments. Some day I'll take a look. Oh, and I have a tea set with teapot and cups and saucers, and a Christmas set where you have a plate and a place for a cup (I still have the cup too). She also made lots of Christmas plates for cookies and such but I don't think I have any of those. But this is one reason my house is so full, I've not given up a lot of this type of thing. Still have her afghans and quilts too.

Have been doing a little house cleaning today. Lots and lots more to do----someday.

See you later.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Shirley, my deepest sympathy to you. So sorry,
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    pgll89jrkxt8.jpg
    vdfwu88v44hv.jpg

Took Robby for his 3 month pictures.....he did good. Then we went for lunch. Got home went to vote and have a meeting tonight so only have a short time to relax.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Love the pictures of Robby. You could just squeeze those cheeks. :D