Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    We had a great time on Sunday. I took a chopped salad mix that I bought at Sam's club. I really like it and will see if it is available in wal mart. My cousin's house is huge. Very open feeling. It's the first time I have been inside.
    As I mentioned earlier, it is very warm here and much less chance of rain. So I'm watering as needed.
    I will do my exercises and clean out my closet, which will take a day or two, then its time for more laundry. I like to wait for full loads, but I've learned that this washer, with a large tub, doesn't fill with water. A full load isn't a full washer, meaning more loads of laundry. I've been to sleep and woke up, started the dishwasher and made sure Jim took his meds. So goodnight!
    Phoebe
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    hw7ztdhn6e5o.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks win Stanley Cup!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    Hi friends - well, the real estate deal is on the brink of falling out. I was asked to sign additional agreements again today AND if I would return the earnest money if they walk away.

My long and loud responses---NO and NO!

Well, I'm still going to have the furniture removed as the company cannot come back until mid-August if I would want to reschedule.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• CALIECAT
    Options
    We had a great time on Sunday. I took a chopped salad mix that I bought at Sam's club. I really like it and will see if it is available in wal mart. My cousin's house is huge. Very open feeling. It's the first time I have been inside.
    As I mentioned earlier, it is very warm here and much less chance of rain. So I'm watering as needed.
    I will do my exercises and clean out my closet, which will take a day or two, then its time for more laundry. I like to wait for full loads, but I've learned that this washer, with a large tub, doesn't fill with water. A full load isn't a full washer, meaning more loads of laundry. I've been to sleep and woke up, started the dishwasher and made sure Jim took his meds. So goodnight!
    Phoebe

phoebe I used to buy those mixes too and did like them But found out I like to make my own and put what I like in it. I love chopped salad. I buy the thin shredded cabbages, shredded carrots. slice apples, spinach , kale them all up in a big bowl with a hand held chopper like the one I seen Subway used to make their chopped salad. and just used a ranch dressing in it. I just seat down and chopped away. no backache Love having a bowl made up to filled my plant base plate up I always have a big bowl of beans pickle beets in the fridge.i add chia seed nuts raisen or what ever.
    I am up late tonight playing bingo n the internet had a long nap thus afternoon
    So heading to bed now
    Marie

• Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :) Sun is shining so will probably go to the pool for a little while. Had a disagreement with Bryanna so feeling a little blue. It is sad when grandchildren grow up and not as close as they used to be. I should be grateful we were so close up until now, but it is hard letting go.
    Our Chicago Hawks won the cup but I didn't even watch the game. I try not to watch Chicago teams, it seems they lose whenever I watch. My son laughs at me and tells me yeah you have so much power. lol

Not in the mood much for writing so will try to get back later.
    Have a good day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    After my weekly swim I've been continuing my garden projects and in between trying to get my broadband connection working. A bit of a struggle but after delving into the maintenance section of my laptop I found a way to reset the router to factory levels and got all the right lights flicking at me again! The week began with my tv remote control refusing to work, then George lost his collar and ID tag somewhere in the garden and I've yet to find it and to cap it all cat Jasper lost his collar magnet so I had to buy one of each new!! I thought things happened in threes but the router was number 4.... hopefully that's it!!

I've read posts but must now put everything away in the garden, wash up my dinner dishes and settle down for the evening. Back tomorrow so long as the router behaves itself!
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Why is it old men (91) really like me? Talked to a guy at the pool the other day about his grandson being stranded in mountain for 5 days in 2008 and today he said you know I really like you. You should come over for a glass of wine. Really??? And yes I know I am old but still 91???
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Believe me SANDY, you are not alone. Men never give up. LOL.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    Hello friends –

We have sunshine today. Wahoo! And I got my air conditioner serviced and they found a bad capacitor or something so glad to get that replaced before it led to more serious problems. I talked to this guy about an electronic air filter for my furnace. That is something I’m reading about now and am pretty sure I’ll try it. Meanwhile, air duct cleaning is scheduled for first thing next Monday. Little by little I’ll have my house as good as it can get for my sinuses and allergies. My prior project was my water and that turned out just great so this will turn out to be just as successful.

I did some cooking and veggie chopping today and am now packing up to leave early tomorrow morning. It’s the big furniture move out day. Then I hope to get a haircut and do some research at the local library. I spoke with the library yesterday and they have several resources I can look through to try to find a picture of my Great Grandmother’s home. They are open late tomorrow so I hope to get an hour or so to look through whatever they have.

Of course, phone calls continue regarding the sale of the acreage. At this point my broker just flat out told me today he cannot read these buyers, has no idea what they’ll do next and recommends we just say nothing more at this point and we’ll just see in a couple of weeks if we are really moving to a closing. Just waiting for the certified radon remediator to do his work (which was the only item on the inspection report when it was finalized) and then do a re-test. My broker didn’t bring in these buyers and he apologized for all the drama and emotional roller coaster on this deal saying it’s not the norm and he had no idea what the people were like. So now do I believe he’s being straight-forward with me about the apology or just trying to keep me calm? I do believe 100% that anything could happen and this is definitely not a done deal. I’ll try to keep my mouth shut now because it does no good to rant about this as it doesn’t change anything. This deal has to run its course one way or another before we could think about starting again.

Phoebe – I’m sorry your gumbo didn’t turn out to your satisfaction. Darn. I don’t usually follow recipes to the letter so I’m never surprised if what I make doesn’t turn out that great. Did you find a way to *save* your creation? I’m always dumping something more into a less-than-stellar-result to make it tastier. And you’re cleaning out a closet? Something I need to do one of these days but it will wait a while for certain. How’s your knee doing? How’s dear Honey. I’m glad you’re able to spend some time with your aunt. Regarding salad, I have lots of leaf lettuce and Arugula from my CSA so salads are very good right now. Were the pictures on Facebook at your cousin’s home? It looked lovely (and so did the people in the pictures).

Patsy - my goodness, that story was so frightening and that happens all the time in your area? I’m glad I stay home and live in the flatlands. How are you feeling and have you felt like painting? I’m always interested to hear what you’ve decided to work on. I wish I had one little bit of talent! Wise words for our dear Anne but I understand feeling humiliated. I have a difficult time shaking things off and picking up my dignity. But with all the practice I’ve had you’d think I’d be an expert!

Sandy – congratulations to the Chicago Blackhawks. Good thing you didn’t watch. Ha. But very sorry you had a disagreement with Bryanna. I never like to have problems with folks that I love. But it will be okay. Give it some time. You are such a kind person and have been wonderful to your family. Glad for your pool time and maybe you are attracting these older guys because they have the experience and wisdom to know a good person when they meet one! Your kindness and caring shines through. And some men do not ever give up. We have a lady at our church who has been widowed twice (in her 70’s) and a younger widower (in his 60’s) tried to start sitting with her at church with his arm around her. She had a talk with him and that stopped right away!

Marie – it is fun to put together your own salad mixes isn’t it? But today I made broccoli slaw and started with a package mix from Trader Joe’s and just added things to it. That’s good too! How’s your new big computer screen? So happy to see you here again……..!!! Wahoo.

Jackie – I hope you get some rest and have a wonderful day tomorrow! Four problems—yes, that’s too many, apparently you’re borrowing from the future? It seems as if you were able to solve all your problems---good for you!! Hugs to George.

Anne – I do like the picture you’re using now on MFP. You look great and I would imagine you’d best watch out for the guys!! That fellow at my church would be chasing you about if he saw you!!

Take care everyone. I hope Shirley is having a lovely trip to the cottage. Hi Barbie, Diane, Buzz, Gayla, Jeri, Phyllis and everyone one else I’ve missed. Should be back on Thursday.

Lin

• Jacean245
    Options
    Evening all. It's just been lovely reading your post LIN. You sound so much happier and relaxed and philosophical about the hand you've been dealt regarding those buyers. That's maybe the key. Just sit back and wait. My DIL had a situation very similar to yours after HER dad died. Very stressful, and like your dads, her dads place was a really nice bungalow. One couple was really cheeky. The house wasn't overpriced but they wanted her to throw in her dads furniture and indeed everything, lawn mower, pots and pans etc. and then suddenly out of the blue along came a family who loved the place, no problems at all, and it was quickly sold. I hope this happens for you.
    You are right PATSY, worse things happen at sea than floundering on your back like an upturned tortoise. Your tale had me laughing and remembering when I dropped my soup spoon in a bowl of tomato soup and covered everything in red splashes including then husbands white shirt, he wasn't a happy husband and maybe that's how he became an ex husband. We DIDN'T have the same sense of humour, alas. I wasn't THAT mortified if I'm really honest. Like LIN I've had loads of practice! Now what is it about these long in the tooth old fellows! SANDY. I actually had a very ancient Chinese chap I'd met at a walking club show up on my doorstep WITH a bottle of wine. Not only am I allergic to wine, I'm also allergic to ancient gentlemen! I told him, through the window, to go home and not be so daft! He hasn't shown up since I'm relieved to say, but I also gave up on the walking club and now walk alone!
    JACKIES had her problems today as well, and PHOEBES gumbo (what IS gumbo?) didn't turn out as she wanted. Is there a full moon or something. Well I'm off for a soak in the tub.
    'Night everybody, Anne.

Options
    Tired tonight. No nap and got up early. Sleepy too. Sandy, hope you and B will settle into a friendly politeness. Then one day,soon,I hope, you will wonder why you fell out at all! No one can ever have too many friends.
    Hope Buzz and Mike are ok.
    goodnight
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Had lunch with a friend. She is the one enamoured by the younger guy. She went into great detail about her upcoming FACELIFT! I held my tongue but honestly it was hard. I am hoping for the best on this but from the outside, right now, it looks like he is after her money. I am hoping it is true love and her wealth means nothing to him. Sometimes life really does look like a soap opera!

Flowers are all alive and doing well. Tomorrow I must go to foot dr. Again to check on my progress. The healing is coming along nicely. My yoga is still in the early learning stage. I can't turn into a pretzel yet. It is supposed to be relaxing
    But am concentrating so hard on the poses and the breathing...I forget to breathe. I have much to learn. I've only toppled over 6 or 7 times. As they often say, I am a work in progress.
    Patsy

Options
    oystereyes wrote: »
    It is supposed to be relaxing
    But am concentrating so hard on the poses and the breathing...I forget to breathe.
    Patsy

Lol Patsy! My problem too

• Jacean245
    Options
    Morning all! PATSY we have a saying in Yorkshire, "there's nowt so queer as folk",I won't complete the full saying but I bet JACKIE can. Yes, life IS a soap opera. There is one way for your friend to find out if HER boyfriend is genuine, ask him for a LOAN for a face lift! Tell him she's broke but will pay him back in monthly instalments. That should separate the wheat from the chaff!
    As for Bryanna SANDY, have you tried the approach, "my God Bryanna, you smell like a gorillas armpit! Are you SMOKING by any chance? Most young females, out to attract the opposite sex DONT want to smell like a gorillas armpit. Now boys on the other hand don't seem to care, lol.
    Oh dear, what do I know!
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) Raining again, what's new? I have an eye appointment at noon so will be brief. Just wanted to check in and read the posts. I don't think I am going to bingo tonight as the couple I sit with are in Wisconsin.
    Wondering what my eye doctor will do about my new floaters, I have already had cataract surgery and secondary cataract surgery. Probably one of those things I have to live with because of old age. Hopefully my macular is still the same and not causing any problems.
    I made pork chops on the grill with a little side of rice and gained a few ounces, that's what I get for trying to eat a normal healthy meal. Ugg, there are still three pork chops left since there were four in the package.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello all,

Home at last. It was a long 3 day drive home but we had just a wonderful vacation. We saw so many beautiful sites and revisited old favorites. Loved Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde. Then we settled into a time share in Pagosa Springs, CO for a week. We explored new places and went back to the Great Sand Dunes where we just had the best time. Loved Creede, CO; Chimney Rock National Monument and the Aztec Ruins among others. It brought back memories of how much we loved Colorado and how much we did not want to leave 30 years ago when we lived in a suburb of Denver. Unfortunately the company my husband worked for was sold and at that time the oil industry was in worse shape in Denver than Calgary. Thus a move back to Canada.

But funny how life is. We moved back and settled back into Calgary. Our 2 girls would not have met their great husbands and we wouldn't have 10 wonderful grandkids had we not moved back. Our life here is wonderful. But . . . A little bit of me remembers. Jeri

3in5t567kbrv.jpg

• CALIECAT
    Options
    jeri sounds like you had a wonderful time. love you photo looking forward seeing more

Marie
    Options
    I think I got too hot today. Not sick just headache and generally achy in joints. I think it is a common problem here in the summer.
    Still no word from Buzz. Hmmmm.
    Marie, I found chopped salad at kroger! All kinds. On sale. Will mix it up tomorrow. I hope to stay home all day.
    Jeri, welcome back.
    night, Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    Options
    Great Scott! Jeri, you really touched my homesick buttons. While I was born in Texas, (my dad worked for an oil company for years.) He finally started his own large mining equipment company in grand junction, CO. My husband's home town. All the places you spoke of is so familiar and we we too still love Colorado. My husband still speaks to absolute strangers when he sees those special Colorado mountain license plates. We plan are planning a fall road trip to Colorado. When the aspens turn!

Feeling good and so happy to report my foot is almost back to 100%. Still need to bandage it and will need to baby it for another month but we are on the way! The yoga is good but hard. It only looks easy. It really does magic things for flexibility and balance. I am far from even a beginner status. I still topple over trying to do many of the poses. The real exercise is me trying to struggle back up off the floor. Not pretty, folks! There I was lying on the floor panting and trying to get back into position...Mazzy, the amazing sheepdog, started to help by licking my face, arms and legs. She wasn't sure what to do but she was giving it her all! Support and encouragement comes in many forms and sometimes it comes with a wet nose, long slobbery tongue, and loud barking.
    On I go, what's going on in your neighborhood?
    Patsy

• oystereyes
    Options
    Ooooooop! My fingers were not working very well. Hope you can read and understand my crazy post.