Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Wow, it's afternoon already and I was up EARLY. We had quite the thunderstorm yesterday with dire warnings on the TV of a tornado threat. It didn't materialise thank goodness. It's going to rain again tomorrow so I've been doing a bit of weeding. I lead an exciting life as well! The cedar at the front needs to come down, it is a dying cedar and last night in the high winds it was bashing against the window in an alarming fashion. After tackling that very heavy stone urn and pedestal I am NOT going to tackle IT. It towers above the roof so I'm hanging around to see if I can persuade the young lawn mowers to take it down. Tomorrow I've promised one of my DILs I'll go shopping with her. Clothes shopping. Now between you and me I hate clothes shopping, but I really like both of my DILs so I shall make a supreme sacrifice. However I have to see my bank manager as well to sign a form that states I am still alive and kicking. This is because I paid into the British pension scheme for a few years and they awarded me a very small pension 14 years ago which never increases, BUT sure helps. If I don't get the form back to them within 6 weeks they will presume I am a "no longer" Anne and stop payment until I prove otherwise. Sigh. Can't blame them though, I wonder how much they pay out until the persons relatives remembers or conveniently forgets to inform them that the recipient is no more.
    ANNE.
    P.S. Don't get me thinking about sausages JACKIE!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. Trip accomplished yesterday. Today is was unload the vehicle, sort things out, stow things, box things and then drive over and drop off things with my friend..........the rummage sale is Saturday so that's my final contribution. Wahoo. I have lots of pictures/photos to hang up in my house but I think I'll wait a while and think about where I may really want them rather than just grabbing a hammer and some nails!

While the real estate issues were never formally addressed I did hear from my realtor today and the buyer wanted to know the year the roof was put on the house as he is getting property insurance quotes. Now THAT sounds like we are definitely moving along.

The Farmer's Market has been cancelled this afternoon due to potential for stormy weather and continued rain. That's the first time I remember them doing that. My box of vegetables was just delivered so time to put them away.

Love all the posts. What a cute picture of Robby at the pool. Shirley, have a good time on the weekend sail. Marie, I don't have an exciting life---just driving, cleaning things out, and going to the grocery store. But that's okay with me. Buzz, you are so busy! Ha, retirement.....never what we think I guess. Anne, please make sure they know you're alive and KICKING! Jackie, the days melt away. Be sure to let us know about the book case. I have given up the idea of bringing mine home but I'm looking at a 2-shelf unit that housed my encylopedia set. Maybe I can get that in my vehicle and bring it home. I did bring home all the bird/wildlife, gardening, etc. books home with me. I don't know that I'll keep all of them but I'd like to look at many of them again. I never did get much time to look at my Mom's copy of Exotica. I had always wanted a copy and she bought one and then I don't think either one of us ever used it that much.

Need to make my trip down the street to look for mail before it starts raining again.

Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I bought a big container of vegetable broth went to pour it in my butter beans and it was dark like beef broth. I wonder if it. It was box wrong.I was expecting a lighter color. What ever it is I will eat it if it taste good. I never got that brand before. And won't again. Other than that it's been a pretty boring day. Did get my washing done.

Have a great day.

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Raining again and it seems it is the forecast all weekend. Babe and I are going to the movie theater to see Spy. I love Melissa McCarthy so it should be funny and probably vulgar but still think she is funny.
    I gained 0.9 pounds this week because of eating out yesterday, hard to maintain with restaurant food. Orange is the New Black is back on Netflix today so that is what I will be spending most of my weekend watching. Another show not for the faint of heart so unless you know what it is about I don't recommend you watching. I have also started watching Lost even though I am years behind, my daughter got me hooked at her house.
    I found out Bryanna is now smoking so my disappointment continues, I love her dearly but hate her choices. Trying to remember how I was at 20 but then realized I was married at 20 and had a baby at 21, so hopefully she will mature and get responsible in the near future.

I hope I get on my bike later today, without walking Robby my exercise has gone downhill. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Sandy sorry to hear that about Bryanna. I started at 16 but quit by 23. I don't know if it will be harder for her to stop one day. Is there a reason? I know my mother tried it to lose weight.
    I went back to sleep this morning, slept late and it sure felt good. Now I am faxing and printing stuff related to my insurance. I have also scanned in the tag that came on my rose. I will try to post it now....

jhllamffhvaf.jpg

Hope that did it. It is growing, rained overnight too. I think I should cut the top shoot off, but I'm not sure. I think I will risk it.

I am making, or attempting to make Gumbo. It starts with a roux. That's done, now to add veggies and get it all simmering in the crock pot, so I don't have to stir it. I haven't decided whether to add shrimp. That is what Jim originally wanted. Shrimp Gumbo. I will taste it with the veggies and then decide. I don't want to waste the shrimp if it isn't up to it.
    Lin, glad you are home safe. It sounds like it is moving forward.. slowly...which is the way it usually goes.

Take care

Phoebe
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :) Sandy, Jake and I saw "Spy" yesterday and loved it.....we laughed so much and hated to see it end.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marie – how did your butter beans with the mystery broth turn out? Sometimes I get low sodium veggie broth from Trader Joe’s and it is quite dark but tastes okay. I hope yours was lovely. I made cranberry beans today. I always make them plain. I ate some warm at lunchtime without anything and thought they were superb! I am just Plain Jane. Ha.

Sandy – I hope you enjoyed the movie. I like comedies! I am watching something on my Roku tonight. It’s an episode of Midsomer Murders on Acorn TV. Sort of the opposite of a comedy…….but I do like murder mysteries too. I am sorry to hear that Bryanna is smoking. I tried it to be cool when I was young but it never stuck with me as a habit. Of course we didn’t know what health problems could result. It’s such a big deal now and I really cannot tolerate being around smoke at all. I hope Bryanna finds her way to a healthy and happy life. It’s not easy when you’re young and trying to find your place in the world. You try so many things, well at least I did.

Phoebe – that rose looks lovely. I hope it thrives. Thanks for sharing with us. And I hope your gumbo turned out to be fabulous. I did lots of veggie cleaning, chopping, and cooking today. Started out with a trip to Trader Joe’s to get things not included in my CSA box---and there were quite a few things I like each week that aren’t included.

Barbie – HI!! And hello to everyone I’ve missed. Buzz, Patsy, Anne, Diane. Hugs to all.

I did have a lot of fun this afternoon. I was corresponding and researching back and forth with one of my cousins and we found where our Great Grandmother’s house had been located. And I say it in the past tense because it was destroyed by a tornado in 2008. My cousin found an *aerial* photo from 2007 that shows the house and two garages on the property--well, pretty much just the rooftops. I would so love to find a picture of the house at ground level. I’ve written to another relative to see if that family might have a picture. I also have the phone numbers for the city clerk’s office in that town and plan to call them on Monday to see if they’ll talk to me. I spoke to the library this afternoon and they suggested trying to fish for some information from city hall.

I did get an email this afternoon that the abstract for my dad's acreage has been created AND is being sent to the buyer’s attorney. Another sign that things are on a positive track. Still no word on my request regarding the property inspection but then, whatever.

Some not so great news, another mystery bill showed up today for one of my father's accounts claiming it was in delinquency and they would be taking action against me for non-payment. I freaked out and made several phone calls and they finally said, sorry, we sent that in error. You don't owe anything. BUT my friends, they will not send a written letter stating the first notice was in error. That makes a total of 4 medical accounts that crawled out of the woodwork asking for money. I find it infuriating! Nothing is owed on any of this accounts; I kept all invoices paid and current.

Time to move along. See you!

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Interesting day today...the town was full of tourists and the weather was balmy. A little cool and with a light breeze. It was very nice. I didn't accomplish much but will try for a better showing tomorrow. I was glad that the visitors had nice weather for the weekend. I think this is the the beginning of our Scandanavian Festival locally. Everyone enjoys it. There is a big Scandanavian pancake breakfast, parades, crowning of the Scandanavian princess, etc. etc. since John opted out of serving at the Rotery booth, we will only make a couple of the events. Our son will be coming next week so we are just waiting for his visit to do anything really special.

I am glad to hear about the funny movie. There is something amazingly endearing about Melissa McCarthy. She reminds me of many of the embarrassing pratfalls I am subject to. We will check this out. We all need to laugh and often!

Phoebe: the Rose is incredible! I love the color. I grew up in Louisiana and learned to cook from some amazing southern ladies. I learned this about gumbo, there is no hard and fast receipe. You can't go wrong as long as you have the holy trinity...celery, onion and bell pepper. Okra is a gift from God and gumbo always comes out better if you listen to a little
    Hot Cajun music while you cook. Just sayin....

I am making a sort of vegetable stew thing tonight. I want to work on my painting after dinner and John has some action flick he wants to watch while he does his exercises. I guess my veggie receipe isn't truly vegetarian. I throw in a piece of chicken for John.

Sandy: don't dispare about your Bryanna. I remember when I found out our daughter was smoking, I was so upset. My mom just smiled and reminded me that as dangerous as this is, it is part of the establishing themselves as adults making their own decisions. If you can maintain your good relationship with her without making too much of this recent bad habit, it will be easier for her to talk to you about it. And give it up. My daughter did. Mainly because her boyfriend thought it smelled bad. It is a very hard job...this growing up!
    Patsy
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Sandy...I understand how disappointed you are in your granddaughter for taking up smoking. Hopefully she will find the taste isn't worth it after all. It is the viping that these young people are into these days that I have a hard time with. Recently I was at my granddaughters birthday party and her 22 yr old uncle and girlfriend were doing this even though they were outside at a picnic. The general influence on my 2 granddaughters (4 and 6) unnerves us a bit. Have learned that the few added piercings 10 yrs later are down to the normal 2 and still working on trying to understand the whole tattoo thing with the young people. Just call me old fashioned.

Spent my morning out in back pruning some more shrubs..2 lg to go and the back is done. Next the front. Came in at 10 with it being 80 degrees. So thankful for my inside fans and the air conditioning. This afternoon we picked up our granddaughters to take one of them to her gymnastics/cheer class. This is our weekly commitment to help out our daughter who is forever having to go several places at once.

Find it very interesting listening to several of you talk about the various foods (gumbos, okra etc) that are considered normal meals in the areas you live. Periodically even Jackie mentions something I have never heard of. I don't think I could handle crayfish or other Cajun food. Not into a lot of spices though I am learning to like more Mexican food. Just give me my artichokes and avocado and lots of fresh fruits/veggies. Crab and sourdough bread a must also. Eating on the west coast is delightful. Still will leave the mangoes and papayas in Hawaii. I can't seem to acquire the taste for them.

Time to shut this down for now. Until next time.

Diane
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. We had rain in the night although not the promised storms so hooray, the onions have been watered and I don't have to worry for a few days again! A great walk on the moors with my friend and her over excited puppy who insists on bopping George in the face but he's learning to stand his ground and growl enough to make her aware her behavior isn't acceptable.... she doesn't stop but is beginning to get the message. Poor George!! LOL For the past 8 months I've been trying to get my solicitor to carry out the most basic business in order for me to purchase the right of way my next door neighbour has across my property, all agreed by them. After all this time I had to resort to threatening to remove my business from the practice and take it elsewhere which finally got a reaction and I have documents in the post today to sign and return. What my solicitor doesn't know is I'll be taking my business elsewhere anyway because he holds my power of attorney should something happen to me but goodness, if everything ground to a halt for months because he's too busy things could get very complicated! Whatever happened to good old fashioned efficient businesses??

Lin ~ My books are boxed up ready to sell at a car boot but I know if I find a bookcase before then they'll all come back out. Like you I have some lovely ones about birds, wildlife, history etc and just know I'll regret getting shot of them. Here's photos of the bookcases I'm looking at tomorrow.

http://clarksauctionrooms.com/wp-content/uploads/catablog/thumbnails/DSCF5024.JPG

http://clarksauctionrooms.com/wp-content/uploads/catablog/originals/DSCF5072.JPG

It seems you have similar problems with inefficient companies and the really bad thing is they don't seem to appreciate the upset and stress they cause and think a perfunctory apology is sufficient! Perhaps I should have been living in Dickens' time when everything was written on paper and piled high on dusty shelves!! LOL

Sandy ~ I have to admit I was a horror as a teenager, never mind a 20 year old and was smoking heavily at 16!! It's all a part of growing up and finding ourselves, bad habits and all, so best not to say too much because she may well discover very quickly how disgusting it is and the first fella she fancies who turns his nose up at the smell will have her giving up!! Piercings, tattoos and inhaling weird steam from fake cigarettes is all show and something to be grown out of!! Took me 20 years but I got there in the end!

Phoebe ~ That rose looks gorgeous and a bit of rain will have helped to settle it in. Personally I wouldn't prune any part of it until late Autumn, just let Anna do what she wants! That shrimp gumbo sounds wonderful and will get me digging out my American cookery book later to see what I need.... yummy!!

Diane ~ Any food with spices is enjoyed by me although in the week I had a Thai fishcake that had me reaching for a large glass of water.... boy, was it spicey!! If I lived on your west coast I'm sure I'd live on fish, fruit and salad although I could never resist American donuts so perhaps just as well I'm not!!

Anne ~ How did the clothes shopping go? It's not something I particularly enjoy and most of my friends have completely different tastes so if we go shopping we end up heading off in different directions. I always remember a good friend's obsession with Laura Ashley and my utter boredom hanging around waiting for her to check out every frilly skirt and fluffy curtain material so I'd tell her she was twee which got a pulled face. We're still great friends 35 years on!!

Housework calling so I'm away. Have a great weekend everyone.

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Good morning everybody, how did the marathon shopping go, you ask, JACKIE. It went. My DIL came out of the store clutching bags and bags of pants and tops, I came out clutching a new spatula, a large lampshade, socks, and pyjamas. It must be a generation thing! I bought the pyjamas because I've decided it's maybe a good thing at my age to start wearing more than a pair of knickers in bed. I wouldn't want either of the girls and much less the sons, to find me comatose, wrinkled, and wearing only the aforementioned garment. So.....I spent an uncomfortable night adapting to my new night attire. It was absolutely POURING with rain when we eventually emerged from our marathon shop. The store front was crowded with people looking at it. After 5 minutes I got fed up and said "lets make a dash to the car at the far end of the parking lot because it ain't going to stop". My poor DIL was not at all happy about this, but had little choice but to sprint after this mad English woman who of course has no problem with rain. It was quite invigorating! And I was proved right, it didn't stop.
    PHOEBE, I also would leave that pretty rose alone for now. Let her get well established. My stuff is growing by leaps and bounds with all this rain. The honeysuckle is wandering up and onwards. The azalea and everything else putting out new branches and leaves.
    Well, after yesterday's interesting day I had better do some housework as well, and especially as I'm going to see my eldest grandson tomorrow who lives 2 hours drive away. Golly my social life is improving!
    Bye everybody, Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Happy Saturday!! :) Sun is shining for now, but more rain is coming. Monday is Rob and Lisa's 2nd wedding anniversary so tonight is date night for them. They are going to see a movie but Lisa won't go until Robby is in bed asleep, so I am going there around 9:00 so they can see a 10:00 showing. I think she is silly, I do know how to put kids to bed, but again will just do as asked. Tomorrow I am taking them to Olive Garden for lunch along with her parents. They should have a nice anniversary weekend, <3 Sun permitting I will try for pool, if not will just stay in until I go to 5:00 Mass before sitting later. Loved the movie Spy, it was so funny, one of the best laughs I have had in a long time. Unfortunately, Babe's phone went off while movie was playing and he answered it to my embarrassment and apology to the people sitting next to me. Babe is hard of hearing so he talks loud and it was just annoying. I tried to shut his phone off and couldn't figure it out so once again it rang and I kept denying the call since it was his son and he was persistent. I finally figured out how to shut it off and Babe said I should probably call him back and I told him he can wait until the movie was over. Next time I better check to make sure his phone is off, like mine.
    I had a hard time falling asleep again and not sure why. I have been doing so well on the essential oils relaxing me and helping me sleep, so I am disappointed that they are not helping. Tonight I think I will put in more oils.
    I started watching Orange is the New Black last night and watched 4 episodes. Barbie asked me on Facebook if I rode my bike while doing so and the answer is yes, for an hour. Today it paid off since I lost the added weight that I put on from the restaurant. I will ride it again this afternoon if it rains, maintaining my weight still takes work.

Jackie, you said it best and I am just going to let it go with Bryanna. I, like you, was not the best teenager and smoked from 13 until I was 50. I can't control her life and have to let her learn from her own mistakes. If only young people would listen to us elders, but then we never did.

Have a wonderful day!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I finally lost the pounds I had gained recently and now back on a real downward path. Whew! One of the nasty things about growing older and wider is how much effort it requires me to get things going in a better direction! Great fruit and veggie weather!

My daughter is taking some of those pills...some African herb that is supposed to be a miracle weight loss discovery. I wish there was such a thing but I fear (I actually know) this is a scam and possibly dangerous. Grown children do not listen any better than when they were 6 years old! Discipline is so boring and instant gratification is delicious.

I guess that is enough of my complaining. We all have much to be grateful for and I will enjoy the weather, my flowers and my strange unruly family. My children had a loving but disorganized mother. Must run in the family like green eyes and curly hair.

By the way, have any of you ever had fresh ground pepper on your fresh strawberries? Wow! That was my dessert last night. I loved it. Our son ate at a very trendy place recently and that was how they served the fresh strawberries. He said they also had a splash of balsamic vinegar. His girl friend almost licked the bowl clean! Not sure about the balsamic....
    Have a great weekend and schedule in some fun.
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello. I seen several long post from some of you. Nut it makes my eye cross from trying to figure out what you are saying. So see you all later for another short viisit <3 marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I will get my big computer in the morning. a bigger screen than the pone I had o happy days. Maybe things will get back to normal once a again.
  • linder4866
    Options

Patsy – did you get some work accomplished the other day? Are you enjoying any of the touristy things that are going on this weekend? I got nothing meaningful out of the way today. Some laundry, some cleaning in the basement, some online research, a bit of bill paying and read a mystery for a while. I tried to find something funny to watch today but I guess I’m in a quirky mood---I really couldn’t find anything that amused me for long. I love different flavors of balsamic vinegar on many different foods. I have some most days but I’ve never had black pepper on strawberries. One of my favorite balsamic vinegar flavors lately is Wild Blueberry. Yum!

Jackie – I looked at the book cases you provided links for and they are quite different. Do you have a favorite? I hope you don’t have to get rid of your books unless you really want to be shed of them. I adore books--Real books are marvelous and I hope you are able to find suitable storage for them. But then I tend to hold on to things much too tightly I do believe. I agree with you, there don’t seem to be many efficiently run businesses these days. I don’t feel there are many providers that I could/would actually trust and rely on. I think it’s wise to change solicitors and I hope you can find someone more responsive. And a hug for George on being more assertive and standing his ground.

Diane – it seems your yard work is never finished. You really have the stick-to-it attitude. Good for you. I seem to have too many days where I just do not want to face things and so I don’t! But then you don’t get anything done either and for me, that weighs on my mind which can ruin my sleep!

Sandy – I hope you get some rest tonight and I was happy to hear you got to spend some time at the pool. We didn’t have a lot of nice sunny weather today. It was humid and overcast a good portion of the day. Tomorrow is an outdoor event called “Antique Jamboree” and I believe they are predicting rain. Darn. I thought I might stop on my way home from church but it really is no fun when the weather isn’t cooperative.

Marie – I am glad you hear you’ll have your larger screen back tomorrow. I do not like small screens these days. I’ve been messing with a wonderful information source on my Great Grandmother’s house but it’s in Adobe Flash Player and it will not load on my iPad, the picture I want will not print out of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. On my other laptop I was able to print one picture but couldn’t print it to a file or to PDF. I can’t print to a printer from my old laptop at all now. Technology. ACK!

Long day at church tomorrow and I am getting to the last bit of the mystery I’m reading so would like to finish it this evening. I have several cards to address to folks from my church that are ill and I’ve been putting that off as well.

Hugs to my dear Sneaker friends.

Lin

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Jackie i like the bookcases, i only see one shelf for the second one.
    Long day tomorrow, getting together with family including my aunt, who is still unpacking. It will be good to get her away from her apartment so that she can rest!
    we will go early so we can visit her first.
    Marie so glad your new computer is on the way.
    Did Not trim the trose after all, took your advices. Rested and did my knee exercises.
    Talk to you Monday.Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Good morning sneakers. A pleasant walk on the moors and thank goodness, the wind has finally dropped so we weren't battling to stay upright! George is slowly learning to stand up for himself against boisterous puppy although we think that she is now getting used to the walks and although still terribly excited is more interested in sniffing all the fresh smells than bopping him!

Anne ~ Pyjamas have been a favourite of mine for the past couple of years but I do sometimes wake up in the night feeling constricted but that could be the cats curling up against my legs, back AND tummy! Although living in an isolated spot I feel more comfortable wandering round early mornings in pyjamas than anything else just in case someone walks past a window... it has happened a couple of times since living here although I think they were more terrified than me!!! Friends sometimes suggest a trip to IKEA and I always come out with a new spatula so we have something else in common!! LOL

Sandy ~ I'm no expert but I wonder if Lisa feels a little guilty about family members caring for Robby so often and wants to do as much as possible herself when she has the opportunity. I feel for you because what with Babe and his phone at the cinema then wanting you to return the call to his son as if he still doesn't get it and having to take a step back with Bryanna you must feel so frustrated at times.... all a part of becoming wiser as we get older but no one interested in what we understand to be right!! <3 Soak up the sun, enjoy the pool and get engrossed in that series you love.... is it violent, sexy, funny or all of those things and more??

Patsy ~ You've done great achieving the weight loss so onwards and upwards (or downwards in fact!!!). I expect you've told your daughter if there was such a thing as a miracle weight loss pill we'd all be popping them!! Freshly ground black pepper on strawberries was something I discovered a couple of years ago and love the flavour contrasts on one spoon. If you add balsamic vinegar make sure it's just a tiny splash so you'd hardly know it's there.... yummy!

Marie ~ We're missing you so do get that screen sorted soon. <3

Lin ~ It's hard to tell from the photos which bookcase I'll prefer as the 1960's might fit perfectly under the open stairs and follow the line against the wall if not too long but the other looks as if a bit of wax polish will bring up the wood beautifully so I'll let you know in a couple of hours after the viewing. Although the dog groomer visited last weekend I noticed the hair above George's eyes is still quite long because he struggles when she gets close to his face but after the walk I washed his eyes and then managed to trim around them so he will now see puppy coming!! He's been barking at nothing since the trim so I've settled him on a chair next to me as I type and have given him a big hug from you!

Phoebe ~ I thought as you that there's only one shelf leaning inside the 2nd bookcase but since the estimate is £100-200 there must be others, certainly the dust marks on the back show it did have more. The estimate is probably far too high judging from the struggle the last auction had selling furniture, that's my hope anyway!!

Time to visit my greenhouse tomatoes and pot them on into their final large pots but the cucumber plants will probably need a few more weeks where they are and at this rate I'll be eating them all at Christmas. Every year I plan to start earlier but then it's either too hot, too cold or other projects get in the way!!

Have a lovely Sunday.

Jackie
  • Jacean245
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hello everybody, guess what, it's still raining! Even I am beginning to wonder if it will ever stop! It could put a dampener on our planned outing to see my grandson! I'm getting used to my new pyjamas and they ARE rather fetching in denim blue and it IS comfier walking around the house in a morning with my cup of tea, than tripping up on the trailing belt of my dressing gown AND safer! Never too old to learn!
    Like everybody else JACKIE, I'm waiting to see if and which bookcase you purchased. LIN, I'm still wading through all the mystery books my DIL left me with. Think I've read about 7 so far. There's a pile on my side table, and 3 enormous bags full of paperbacks down in the basement. I sent the signed paperwork back to the UK for the continuance of my teeny pension by registered mail, BUT if it somehow gets lost in the mail,and my pension ceases for a while, at least I won't be buying any books for some time!
    Well I better get ready in case everything is still on, enjoy "Sun"Day!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good morning - it looks as if it may indeed rain on the outdoor Antique day.....darn. Off to church soon (with my umbrella at the ready). I have enough books in my house right now to last the rest of my life most likely. Ha. Even if I last for quite a while. But I'm glad you've certified that you are still alive and kicking dear Anne. Jackie, thanks for giving dear George a hug from me. Very good job to get the trim completed around his eyes. That's a touchy area I would imagine. I don't like to see scissors coming at me! Phoebe - I think it was wise to not trim the rose but I would never venture an opinion on that since my thumbs are definitely no longer green.

Time to pack up for church. I got some paper products for church so I'm very much hoping it's not raining when I get there to unpack. :smile:

See you later. Have a great day.

Lin