Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    Options
    g8fae1a4r337.jpg

Happy Sunday!! :D We got our first snowfall, it always pretty the first time until it gets to be too much. I am just staying in today and putting together the jumpy I bought for Robby. I am hoping to order my turkey dinner over the phone so I don't have to go out. :p If I didn't have a video call with my kids, I would just stay in my P.J.'s but I am too vane. ;)

Jackie, my little Apso named Brutus was just like George. He had bad manners and would growl and snap at me a lot. I wonder if that is their nature because he had a wonderful home as George does. The visual of George getting a shower while you try to not get soaked is quite funny, sorry. :D

Phyllis, time at a lake house sounds wonderful, I am glad you enjoyed. Your bowl and clock are just great, maybe you should start selling them. Adding knitting to the mix is also good, you are one crafty lady. <3

Buzz, sorry I should have told you I saw your explanation on the home page. I do hope it helps you and at least you are getting a nap while being done. <3

Phoebe, yes I am spending Thanksgiving with Rob, Lisa and Robby. It is Robby's First Thanksgiving and Lisa's mom and dad are in Florida so I am trying to make it special for them. It is too hard going to a restaurant while Lisa is nursing and besides Rob has to have the football games on all day. B)

Marie, I am really confused about the security lock but I am thinking it is some sort of key. Didn't he just do something similar with Sammy and his car keys??? :D

Lin, thanks for sending the belated birthday wishes to Nola, let me know if she answers, it doesn't look like she has been on MFP for a few weeks. I don't think I would have gotten out of my car if everything was dark including the parking lot. Better to be safe than sorry. Glad you got your frig working again. <3

Karen, so happy to hear from you again. I do follow you on Face Book but we love our MFP friends to check in with us every so often. That 5.2 program almost sounds like something I could try, just not sure about only 650 calories, not much food that day is there??? :p

Have a wonderful Sunday.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Afternoon Sneakers,

MARIE - I didn't quite understand what you saying about MFP and not getting into it.
    Can you explain? You are so talented and the anchors would go great in our boat. LOL

Dave and I went out for breakfast this morning and then to Canadian Tire and the Dollar Store. At my Yoga Class they are collecting what they call "The Shoebox" for women in shelters. One of the ladies in my class is the head supervisor for the region so she told us about it. So I went to the Dollar Store and bought a Christmas box and put things in it like toothpaste, deodorant, pens, notebook, mittens, chocolate, scissors, nail polish and such for these women who have to leave their situation in a hurry and having nothing when they go to these shelters. I always like to give to people who have nothing, since we all have so much. <3

Dave has been working on putting in a new garage door opener. Our last one hasn't worked right for at least a year. Sometimes you would have to wait for the door to close at least 5 times before it would stop going up. Very frustrating. It will be nice to have a new one and it was on sale. I couldn't believe how expensive they are.

Last night we had a healthy dinner and then we had a party to go to at our sailing club.
    It was the Wrap Up Cruise party and we had at least 60 people there and all kinds of appetizers. The temptation was great.

Today will be a relax day for me. No exercise and try to eat good all day.

PHYLLIS - Such lovely crafts you do with shells. I love collecting shells when I go to Florida. I have a very large vase filled with shells. You do such nice work.
    LIN - Stay warm, and hope you can reach your Dad for a chat. You are one healthy lady when it comes to meal planning, I admire all the work you do to stay healthy and eat well.
    PHOEBE - Happy trails and hope the weather cooperates for you and Jim. Glad to see you are on the road again, but I imagine you liked your time off. :)
    JACKIE - Good idea to get an assessment of little George's growling. He shouldn't be doing that after all this time in your care. If you let it go, he may want to bite and that would not be good. Nip it in the bud. Good luck.
    BUZZ - Good luck with leg treatments, I hope you have some relief.
    KAREN - So nice to hear from you and good luck with your next eating plan and may it go well.
    BARBIE - The Judge looked like a good movie to see. We saw Dumb and Dumber 2 and I couldn't believe the show how packed it was. Not as good as the first one but still funny.
    We already have our tickets for the Hunger Games and will be taking Tom with us again.
    It gets him out of the house although he has a strong family support system.

Enjoy your day!

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Weather 41F and no snow.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Hi, and happy Sunday everyone. Besides admiring your craftwork, PHYLLIS, what body of water is your beach resort on? Sea, river, lake? Are you near the Mediterranean?
    I get such a kick out of JACKIE's George stories! What a funny puppy he is indeed! Tell us more about those rock stories you learned about! Could you wash George in your kitchen sink in a deep bowl? So much easier than kneeling in the shower, and just bleach the sink afterwards. I used an enameled metal bowl or container, and was able to control splash by hugging my pups with my left elbow. They could barely move and I ended up with no back pain!
    Yes, PHOEBE, MARIE gives good advice about driving, so come back safe!
    We had a fabulous buffet brunch today, and I asked Mike to bring me a vegetable omelet, some delicious shrimp, a 1/4 of a waffle with no fruit compote on top, and coffee. I knew if I wandered through the counters, I'd eat myself sick, so his taking care of me was wonderful! The waffle was the only indulgence and it was small. I think I'm finally determined to get down to fairly normal size again!
    SANDY, where will you be coming in FLORIDA? I think it will be a busy season this year!
    I made a dreadful mistake in purchasing a liquid eyeliner and I'm walking around resembling a badger! It keeps leaking onto my cheeks under the lower lids! I'll return them and try another kind!
    Must get back to a few chores, and then early to bed to make up for this morning's 4 o'clock bedtime! I am allowed to be without my leg wrapping no more than 45 minutes (yes, I sleep with them on), so in the morning, after breakfast 3 days a week, I have to unwrap, shower, and drive over to the Ph.Therapist all within 45 minutes! Am I crazy, or what? Hope it's worth it in terms of reducing the edema in my legs!
    <3 Buzz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    smiley-happy002.gifWe are doing an Isagenix cleanse day today. We haven't done one in a long time. I welcome this day to relax and rest. I am so active all the time and just sitting around is unusual for me. Them temps are still below freezing in the morning and not much warmer in the afternoon. The dogs with their short haircuts don't want to be out for too long so after their walks this morning I went back out by myself for awhile. I walked them together in the afternoon when it was warmer. Jake built a fire in the woodstove and kept it going all day so we could stay extra warm. We'll go to bed early and get up early and really enjoy breakfast.

smiley-happy020.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtonsmiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello all. Really a cold day here and may stay that way for a while. Lot of ice out here on our streets; main roads much better. Went to church this morning, home for lunch and tried to talk to my dad (which didn't work out) then off to a crochet class all afternoon at the yarn shop. Loved it. Then home to do a bit of cooking, talked to the nurse on duty, and starting sorting through yarn. My dad called me and was upset and anxious again----called back to the nurse to report it (the are to be logging these incidents). Talked to a friend for quite a while about this and that. :wink: Now I may try to make a dishcloth to practice my crochet for a while. I do plan to try to accomplish one knitting project----but since I am just learning I would imagine it will take me all winter!!!

Hugs my friends. Buzz, this regimen of leg wrappings sounds very rigorous--**----I trust all works out well for you. And more hugs for you.

Phyllis, you are so accomplished----adore your shell projects.

Jackie, don't get blown away. How are all your lovely bees?

Shirley, Sandy, Marie, Karen and everyone I've missed..................I hope your weekend has been pleasant.

Lin
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Here is a pic taken from my balcony at out beach resort. It give you an idea of what it looks like there. Also you can see that the beach is a ways in front of my house. But I can walk there in about 15 minutes. There are many pools at the resort so I'll send a pic of one of the pools too that is up near the club house.
    dch6b1arhuv3.jpg
    lmqlb7ijc0ql.jpg
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Oh and the body of water that we are on is the RED SEA. It is about 30 kilometers from the Suez Canal. I can watch the big ships cross through the canal too (in the distance) when I am sitting at the beach. Phyllis
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :D Starting watching Robby today, was up at 6 am. I felt so bad for my DIL who was in tears because she has to work. Robby has been good, he is just not a good sleeper. He took two naps so far, one for 40 minutes and the other 30. He is sleeping again this time since 11:55, I am hoping for at least an hour. Will let you know later.
    I did manage to take a shower and put clothes on, even did my hair. I also got wash done, so it is definitely better watching him in my own home. I am sure Bryanna will be here before she has to go to work at three, she just loves her little brother.

Phyllis, just want you to know your view is just beautiful. You have an interesting life.

I am not doing personals today, I don't have much time to be on the computer so want to check Face book as well.

rs9vqaljzxr3.jpg

New Jumpy that I bought him. I surround him with blankets to help him sit up.

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Options
    Hello Sneakers

A dreary day, half raining and half wet snow. I got to Yoga class this morning and delivered my shoe box. I was stiff this morning probably due to the weather.
    We worked on the upper body neck, shoulders and waist and a little leg work.
    I stayed after class for an additional 10 min of meditation. I haven't done that
    in a long time. It felt good to just be in the moment.

I tried to call my friend's sister today to see if she wants to go for coffee but no one
    was home so I will try later. I called one of Elli's daughters and talked to her for a while.
    She was pretty good but said her sister isn't doing very well (the nurse). So I will
    give her call some time to talk to her. It all takes time and healing.

We had my MIL over for Chinese dinner last night since we won't see her for a while.
    Things are getting busy. We have the Christmas float meeting on Saturday already.
    Our theme this year will be the 50th anniversary of the sailing club which was 1964.
    Our last year for doing this since Dave will have a different position on the board next year.

SANDY - Little Robby is so cute in his jolly jumper. :)

PHYLLIS - The resort is just beautiful and very different from the resorts in Jamaica we go to.

LIN - It sounds like your crocheting/knitting is going good and you seem to love it.
    A nice hobby to do.

BUZZ- Smart having Mike getting your food for you. This might just work for you. Good Luck.

BARBIE - Enjoy your cleanse day.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

Rain/snow 35F

• pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Cold almost everywhere. Sandy, sweet baby boy, and he looks happy! Sorry for Lisa.
    have a good week!
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    One thing after another today and zap the day is over and much of what needed to be accomplished still is not. I'm going to watch Castle, read for a bit and then go to bed. Wind chills now expected around 15 below zero. Kind of extreme for November.

Hugs...............stay warm.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    SANDY, Robby is just adorable in his cute jumpsuit. What a good Grandmom you are!
    SHIRLEY, I LOVE Chinese food, but it blows me up due to the sodium! I miss eating it. I hope Elli's family finds their loss less painful as time goes by. And you, too!
    LIN, your wind chills sound awful! We are expecting lows in the 50's tomorrow, so they cancelled our motorcycle show tomorrow night!
    PHYLLIS, your resort looks beautiful. I love the Red Sea, with all its beautiful colored fish in clear waters. we visited Sharm-el-Shiek (sp?) many years ago, and I think I recall an under-sea aquarium we went to. My memory is not always correct these days! But your beach village is so lovely!
    My leg wrappings took almost 30 minutes this morning for me to unwrap so I could shower before going for my treatment! We had trouble finding the end of the tape! But is it ever worth it! My right leg has gone down 2 inches, the left 1 1/2! Lying with the leg pump boots circulating and massaging my legs for 3/4 of an hour felt wonderfully sinful! Followed by massage, moisturizing and rewrapping, it takes about 2 hours in all 3 times a week. But seeing my ankle bones this morning for the 1st time in years, and NO SWELLING, made this series of treatments worth it! The therapist thinks it will not take the 6 weeks she originally predicted, as my legs are responding very nicely.
    Expecting our lawyer early in the morning to go over our health papers, DNR, etc. He is nice enough to come to our home instead of us trekking to his office. Life is good!!!
    PHOEBE, hope you are keeping warm and safe. I was talking to someone in Georgia last night, a former New Yorker, who said the thing she misses most about living in Georgia is she cannot find bagels!!! Funny thought!
    Where is MARIE today? It's pretty unusual for her to be missing!
    BARBIE, your little graphics are so frenetic! Cute as can be. Hope your Cleanse was a pleasant return!
    <3 Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Buzz I did post yesterday. But must have forgot to click on reply. I check my numbers and they did not take them away. But no post
    Sandy love Robby picture so cute in his jumper and how is grandma this morning? ..................no big news around here this morning. Its cold outside but going be warming up nicely later on , We go to the store this morning tomorrow I go to the eye doctor

Buzz glad you ankle is not swollen so much.

Yes Sandy Jerry did have a mishap a couple weeks ago with his car. Sammy lock him out of the car. Lucky this happen in our driveway and was able to get my keys. to get in. Sammy has done that before. They were at the Car wash he lock Jerry out. But it was much closer to the house.

Lin how is the knitting coming along.? I never could pick that up. But I do think it is a beautiful stitch better than crochet So much softer. Barbie is an amazing knitters

Shirley what eating plan are you on now.? I have been looking into the dr. diet. I forgot the name of it.I order the book but it will not be out until sometime in Dec.Well it is 730 time for Jerry to get up and my coffee should be ready
    See you later
    Hugs

Marie

713873afvk1kmmc9.gif

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options

smiley-gen014.gifI woke up a little early this morning thanks to Bernie the cat who is now sleeping peacefully on the back of the recliner so I'm treating myself to a visit with all of you. I have a friend coming over this morning for a visit. She is the friend who had a stroke a few years ago and is now walking through the pain of her husband's cancer treatments. She comes to me for love and support and I am inspired by her strength. In spite of all her stresses, she continues to follow an eating plan of three weighed and measured meals a day with no sugar or white flour.

smiley-happy020.gifBarbie from beautiful NW Washingtonsmiley-happy093.gif

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • LUV2CRUZ
    LUV2CRUZ Posts: 356 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I know I haven't been here for awhile but I do look in on you. I would tell you what's going on with me but right now I want to ask a favor. Please share this with your friends on Facebook, in your church or anywhere else you can think of. The family is getting thru this by faith but you can imagine the expenses. You can search Dale Ressler or Nick Ressler on FB if you want to be sure this is real but they are personal friends of ours and it breaks my heart.

8cfnld9nltow.jpeg

Almost exactly 2 years after the birth and passing of Sage, on October 29, 2014, Nick and Carissa welcomed Myka Joy Ressler to this world via emergency c-section.

Myka weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces at birth and despite genetic testing ensuring the Resslers would not have a second child with the same rare brain defect as Sage, it was soon determined that Myka was inflicted with the same defect as Sage.

Despite the shock, Nick and Carissa had faith that Myka would pull through. It seemed Myka's case was not quite as severe as Sage's. Myka survived two (2 and 4 hour) breathing tests without her ventilator. Sage would make it minutes breathing on her own before needing to be assisted. There was a chance she would survive.

Just before her third scheduled breathing test, Myka came down with a serious infection. Close family were called to be with her during what looked to be her last hours. On Nov 9th, she passed peacefully in her grieving parents arms after 10 days of life.

Nick and Carissa are unbelievably saddened and shocked at the loss of their second child but cling to their faith in God. Nick said after Myka passed away: "Don't let this destroy your faith. I truly believe that Myka was put on this earth to draw all of us closer to God; if we will only let it be. Knowing, as you do from reading, the battle that Myka was fighting to survive we can only say that it is a blessing that she will be able to join her sister in heaven, just in time for Sage's birthday tomorrow. For Myka and Sage, this day has arrived. They know the peace of heaven. I truly believe that this day is coming for each of us. Carissa and I are looking forward to it. Love to you all."

Nick and Carissa will once again suffer the expense of Myka's medical and funeral expenses. If you feel led, a monetary gift (not tax-deductible) can be sent to:

Nick and Carissa Ressler
    P.O. Box 556
    Elizabethtown, PA 17022

aop7myvkbobv.jpg
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Such a heartbreak! Their faith is an amazing inspiration to all who are suffering! And you, Maddy, how are YOU doing? We wish we could see you more often, but understand when you are unable to be here. Love you, dear!

We have just gone through the preliminaries of setting up either trusts or wills for Florida, though truthfully, I doubt there will be anything to pass on once we are gone. Our kids encouraged us to move here with the understanding it would probably eat up all our assets, and I can see that happening just from yearly raises in maintenance fees! Although Social Security figures our COLA based on inflation, and gives us a raise of 1.7%, our Community handed us a 3.9% raise in monthly fees. There goes the kids inheritances! Oh well, they knew it when they encouraged us to ease their minds by moving here! It's a bit of relief knowing we are setting up powers of this and that, though it's usually what we DON'T plan for that befalls us! Just ask LIN!!
    I will try not to drive while wearing these leg wrappings, as the only shoes that fit me now easily fall off my foot as I drive, and that's scary!
    I'll try to check in later in the day, when most posts are entered!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :D Robby has been good again today and is sleeping right now, for how long I do not know. He woke up once and was so cranky I put him back down. He did sleep for three hours yesterday so that would be nice if he did that again today but you never know. Tomorrow his dad will watch him while I go to court with Bryanna. I have no idea what will happen but decided it is not under my control so just accept what ever happens.

The family seems to be planning airfare and hotels for the cruise in March. I thought I might wait until after the holidays but now I am afraid it might be Spring Break and I better book early. We are flying into Orlando the night before the cruise because we can never be sure of the weather here. The dock is about an hour away from the airport so will have to find a hotel that has a shuttle to the ship.

Maddy, very sad story and I am glad the family has such faith to help them get through this terrible time. :'(

Buzz, good idea to be prepared, Babe and I both have wills and such. I am glad you are smart enough not to attempt to drive, how do you get to your appointments??

Barbie, your friend sounds like an amazing person as you are for being there for her. <3

Marie, keep warm both at the store and the eye doctor. :D

Shirley, you are also an amazing friend, we have such compassionate people on our forum. <3

My friend is coming this evening just to gab, we haven't seen each other for a while. I will probably order something since I really don't want to go to the store after Lisa picks up Robby.

Have a great day everyone.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Shirley61
    Options
    2678488yo5ham4997.gif

My hubby bought me flowers today just because. So sweet!

We had our snowfall today, but not as bad as others around us. It's 25F right now and
    the sun is shining. More snow to come.

MADDIE - I am sorry to hear about the babies that didn't get their chance on life.
    It must be heartbreaking for the parents and the other family members. <3

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of the young couple That lost both babies.Terrible. Mt heart goes out to them, Maddie. But real nice to hear from you.
    Marie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Whew, we've had an eventful 24 hours, dont like being rushed but other than that, we are safe and doing fine.
    Buzz, could you drive while wearing slipper socks? You know, they have non slip bottoms.
    Sandy, the cruise sounds perfect for you. How does Kristy like Florida?
    Maddie, nice to hear from you , sorry about your friends and the babies.
    Shirley, 25 degrees more snow, it seems so early!
    Marie, bundle up if you have to be out. We had small cups of Wendy's chili, yum.
    Lin, you live in southern Antarctica, right?
    Phyllis, toasty warm and swimming every day, so nice!
    Take care be safe, go slowly
    Phoebe