Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good morning sneakers, although I use the word good loosely because we've had torrential rain already and it's only midday here with a couple of inches promised in the next 24 hours! It was dry first thing so I took George on to the moors for a long walk and we almost made it back to the car before the heavens opened... we both got soaked but because I then had to pop into the local town for a couple of items at the farm supply store George enjoyed a blast of warm air from the heater to dry him off and the car got a thorough wash! :D

MARIE ~ I'm so sorry I missed your birthday and feel awful about it. You're here for everyone and I should at least check in regularly so I don't miss such events .I'm having a similar problem to Buzz in struggling to get Glitter Graphics to work but it might be that I'm getting used to a new laptop that at one point had over 20 different malware infections throwing up pop ups every time I touched a key... there was a lot swearing going on!! If it's not too late I send my love and hugs to the birthday guirl. <3 Yesterday's American football game was shown on one of our main tv channels so I checked in a few times to give your Cowboys a cheer and it seemed to work!! (*)

Phoebe ~ Poor Macho but it sounds as if you did the right thing if he was so unwell. It's a terrible decision to have to make isn't it and like you I find I miss the funny little things they do when they're no longer with us. My little Hebe who lost her eye last month is doing remarkably well and is back to her old self. She even chased a feral tom cat out of the garden the other day with me shouting at her reminding her she only had one eye left!! Rosemary and Thyme wasn't a programme I got into because it seemed to push the realms of reality too far but glad to know they had a story revolving around an allotment... the only squatter we've had was the little cat we named Jewel!! Have a safe trip wherever you end up going. <3

Buzz ~ What have you been up to? Do you think you've pulled a muscle or maybe tension has caused your neck to seize up? There's nothing worse or more frustrating so you really must take care and do nothing for a couple of days. Perhaps an Ibuprofen gel rubbed into your neck would ease the pain. As I said above, I couldn't get glitter graphics to work for me either but probably could work it out with a bit more patience.... trouble is I mutter to myself and George thinks I'm talking to him so runs into the room and tries to jump into my lap so I give up! No, I'm not thrilled with the emoticons on this site now... they're not nearly as expressive as the original ~ a case of 'if it ain't broken why fix it'!!

Shirley ~ You've been through a rough and emotional time and my heart goes out to you. Thank goodness you obviously have a wonderfully supportive and loving family. Yoga!! Now there's something I could probably do with because as much as I walk, swim and garden my muscles don't ever seem to stop screaming at me! :| I look forward to seeing how you get on.

Lin ~ The patience of Jobe as ever!! Hopefully your "snowman" will be reliable this coming winter so that will be one less concern for you.

Sandy ~ I've only managed to sort of keep up with Bryanna's dealings with police and court and think you are being so good to offer support. Hopefully it will be a learning curve for her never to be repeated.

Barbie ~ It seems you've kept yourself busy while Jake was away. Absence makes the heart grow fonder though if that's possible for the 2 of you!

I'll apologize to those I've missed but really must get on because I plan housework after lunch to keep my mind off the awful weather outside. The good news is the drainage I worked so hard to dig out and create in the summer is so far doing its job.

Happy Monday
    Jackie

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    776450mvnq6p8edz.gif

MARIE ~ This is for you... hopefully it works!! <3

Jackie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Had a wonderful Party last night the staff put a Mexican hat on me and sing Happy birthday, then brought me out big cinnamon rolls. with ice-cream on top I let the rest of the group nibble on it Bruce will be by early this morning to help me to recover a couple books I can not get to come up on my Kindle I took pictures but was just too dark in the restaurant and can't see them..
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yho8yxm9as6u.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    2j9sv7jvnn72.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Kathy and Blaine go to court this week to see what the judge has to say. But that little gal was a pill last night.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,192 Member
    Options
    I'm smiling----a lovely post from Buzz although I am very sorry about the suffering you are enduring my friend. I hope it just plain goes away very soon. :'( Jackie - also great to hear from you and I also am having horrible bouts of pain and stiffness no matter what I do or do not do. I hope to find a solution soon. Marie - wahoo!!! Wonderful party, lovely family get together and thank you sooooooooooo much for posting pictures. Sandy - I hope you are feeling better. Maybe it's already the knowledge we are heading into winter and the bad weather that affects your mood? Well, maybe not, but it sure does for me! Barbie - hope Jake is home now. Everyone back together---wonderful. Shirley - from your posts it seems as if Yoga and Pilates are activities you excel in. Hugs. Phyllis, Diane, Gayla, Laura, Jeri, Karen, Kaci, Maddie............so many lovely ladies I'd love to hear from.

Zipping along, have gotten the car washed, filled with gas, picked up a little cup of coffee, dropped off some books. Home to check my messages and try to call my dad, then off to do a number of errands before our cold weather hits. I know I'll go out during the winter but it doesn't stop me from trying to get a few more things accomplished while the weather is temperate and the sun is out!

Hugs my friends. I adore hearing from you...........really.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :D YAWN!! I have been up since 5:30 a.m. I picked Bryanna up at 6:00 drove her to work, came home and started laundry, went back to pick her up from work and took her home. Will pick her up at 11:30 to go see the attorney and she will come back to my house before driving her to work at 2:30 and then picking her up at 6:30. That will be my week except no attorney and will pick her up at 2:30 for her afternoon shift. I should be good by next Monday when I start watching Robby, at least I can nap when he does if I feel like. :p My sad mood is gone, I think I was just tired, thanks for the well wishes. :D

Lin, thank you for the concern but I feel good today, I am a firm believer in mind over matter when it comes to getting sick. I just don't have time to be sick with all that I have to do this week. I think Jackie and you both need a hot tub to soak those aches and pains away. <3

Marie, your party looks like a success, although not sure what you mean about Kylee being a pill, is that in a good way or a bad way?? You look very serious in your Mexican hat and is that Jerry sitting next to you? How about the other lady is that your other daughter?? Inquiring minds want to know. B)

Jackie, good to hear from you, sorry about all the rain. I certainly hope Bryanna has learned a lesson, only time will tell. :p

Buzz, glad you had time to check in, we all want to know things are going well, although your neck sounds like a pain in the neck. ;) Take it easy and rest your neck, nothing can't wait until tomorrow. <3

Phoebe, typical that your truck arrived so soon after you left, maybe you will get an extra day home. <3

Shirley, funerals are so hard but the balloon send off sounds beautiful.
    Time to take care of yourself for a while, yoga sounds like just the thing. <3

Whew, thought I lost my post but I found it. Have a good day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Dear friends,
    I am so sorry for not keeping in touch but I can blame it on being busy but mostly my internet. My phone gets email faster than my computer, I have T Mobile and my daughter set it up to get my email. If you want you can email me at 6cookys@q.com

Lin you are a busy lady lately, where are you getting your energy? I like being busy because the day goes by better. Thank you for commenting when I fill out my food and exercise plan. I am having a difficult time lately, I don't know what to do, I keep gaining. I have to sit down and access my food.

Marie, belated happy birthday, your picture looks so cute. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself a lot. My husband just had a birthday too, he is 71 now and I had the kids over and we had a lot of laughs about old times and the things my husband did. LOL

Sandy, sometimes we are trying to help kids and grandkids and they have to help themselves to learn. I know we try and we don't want them to fail but they don't always listen.

Phoebe, Poor kitties, you are so good to your kitties. So sorry about all the aches and pains you are having. Since we moved and things are less stressful most of my aches and pains have gone away. Now if I can get my weight in control I will be a happy lady.

Buzz, so sorry about all your pain you are having, prayers are being sent to you.

Barbie, you are doing so much to keep yourself in good health. I feel healthy but not with my weight.

Well, today we woke up to snow on the ground and about 25 degrees. The sun is shining.
    My day today may go like this
    Breakfast, oatmeal + 1T better n peanut butter + black coffee and water
    Then going to watch tv for a half hour, then do a exercise tape.
    Lunch, salad with tuna, mint tea
    I am going to try and take a short walk
    Then I have to finish getting my quilt things ready for a quilt retreat for 4 days this weekend. I have cut out fabric for 2 tablerunners using a wedge design. Then I will make a small Christmas wall hanging quilt, unless it gets too big and I will use it on the sofa. Then I have to quilt together a queen size quilt for my granddaughter. I will have plenty of things to do.

Dinner, homemade meatloaf, baked butternut squash, and small side salad with salsa for dressing.
    Take care friends, see you when my computer says I can.
    Chris
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from snowy and cold Calgary

I've been missing as we have had company all weekend. She goes back this afternoon. My niece's daughter goes to university here and came to spend a long weekend with us. She is a fun girl but having company can be tiring.

Buzz - so sorry about the sore neck. How awful for you.

LIN - it must be so hard dealing with your Dad long distance.

Sandy - are you feeling better? That picture was adorable.

Shirley - hugs to you

Marie -- was it a great birthday?

BARBIE - it'll be nice to have Jake home again for sure. I'm sure you enjoyed the time to yourself but it's also so nice to have them home again. Ed used to work away from home a great deal some I know all about it.

Phoebe - hugs to you

Got to run, Brittany is coming upstairs.

See you all later.

Jeri
  • linder4866
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I saw this in the Hallmark store this morning as I stopped to purchase an ornament for the church's Christmas tree and I had to bring it home........

Lin <3
  • linder4866
    edited November 2014
    Options
    3412ih3a4hie.jpg
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Yes Sandy that is Jerry. and the other person is my Sister in law . The one My brother passed away 2 or 3 years ago.kylee. did not want to sit still. Got to be on the go.
    But we all enjoy her. you are a busy girl Early bird get the worms.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Uh-oh! Just realized I can't open this reply in another window! Is this new format really an improvement?
    My neck is feeling much improved today and I can move it a bit to each side and forward somewhat, so I guess the Aleve and ice packs were helping. Thanks for the caring!
    Nice to hear from CHRIS, and I surely understand her frustration with the weight problem! I also lose, regain, lose (less easily) , regain(more easily) etc., etc., etc. !
    I had a long frustrating discussion with Comcast this morning about my new contract, and actually spoke to someone who suggested lowering my bill by taking the special offer on internet. She said since I don't stream,, watch movies online, or listen to music online, I could downgrade speed and not be affected. I hope I don't regret it, but I type so slowly it shouldn't matter a great deal. All I know is we got the new maintenance cost for next year and it's up by 3.9% whereas the Social Security COLA adds 1.7% due to its claim of almost stagnant inflation!!! Where do our politicians live, for goodness sakes? Dreamland? Sorry about that outburst, but every so often I worry about outliving our savings. Two years ago I felt much more confident!
    SANDY, you have the patience of Job! What a lovely person you are, and I hope Bryanna realizes how lucky she is that you are there for her! Actually, you are there for everyone!
    MARIE, great memories in your pictures. Can you tell us which birthday you just celebrated so nicely?
    JERI, don't most of us love to see company come, and love it every bit as much when they leave? I must admit I do, except having guest apartments available here is a huge help!
    LIN, what a lovely gift for your Church! Now if only humankind lived by those principles, would it be a lovely peaceful world?
    JACKIE, I almost ordered season 5 discs of Downton Abbey. Have you been watching it this year? I cancelled the order due to the high shipping fee, but may rethink it if it is better than season 4. Sorry about your gloomy weather, though I just read about the snowstorms in our north! At 74, it is perfect here, rain or shine!
    BARBIE, hope your quiet is due to JAKE's return!

We have a busy day tomorrow for Veterans Day, and I doubt I'll get online, but I never know! I must run so everyone stay well and have a lovely day!
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    We are leaving in the morning. It has been wonderful being at home and posting more often here. I won't be able to check in so often.
    So glad to hear from those of you who've been so busy.
    zHave a safe and lovely week!
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Evening,

It was a day of cleaning our downstairs, laundry and groceries. I did manage to get it all done. I was up early because I just laid in bed thinking of all I had to do.

Dave has just left for a board meeting at the sailing club and will be home later tonight.
    Last night for The Black List until February. Hope its a good one.

I am back on track with eating again and decided to go back to the Readers Digest eating plan so for the next 5 days its cutting down on calories. It kind of like a detox to the body. I sure was hungry for dinner tonight. :| The first two days usually are hard but it gets better after that. Then they add more food after that.

BUZZ - So good to hear from you again. Sorry your next is bothering you. Usually when I have that pain it comes from a knot in my shoulder blade. Usually Dave uses the massager on it and breaks up the knot and then the neck feels better.

SANDY - Wow, early to rise. I hope you get through the week and are okay with it. With all you have going on you won't have time to be down in dumps. :)

LIN - How exciting you are joining a knitting class. I never got into that but my MIL makes
    afghans all the time and they turn out beautiful. She made one for each of my daughters and now she is making one for her great grand-daughter. Love the sayings on the Hallmark plaque.

JACKIE - Stay dry my dear and hope your house is okay with all the rain.

MARIE - Your picture is so cute with that hat on. Kylee is sure getting big.

BARBIE - You must be glad Jake is home again. :D

Sorry is I missed anyone, a lot of ladies are not responding like they used too.

Have a good evening, its getting dark so early now.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada

High of 62F and now 49F. A warm day today.

• Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. I haven't been here for a long time and really don't have the time to read and respond to everyone like others do. I have been going to college plus working fulltime. I really do care about each and every one of you. Have a blessed evening.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh my gosh----Becky! So happy to see you.......you have a very busy life. I hope college is going well for you. I was so glad you started attending. I hope everyone's health is okay. Hugs..........

Lin
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe - safe travels my friend. It has been nice to have you with us so much lately. Selfish of me but I will miss your frequent posts.

Gotta get on it. Lots to do before my class this morning. I wish it was week after week but it is only two classes. I think the second one is next week. They do offer a time you can come in and consult with their expert for free after you've taken a class so if you are stuck on something you can get some help. Hope it's fun.

Talk to you soon.

Lin in Central Iowa where 60 degree weather is now a pleasant memory
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1762894qrto6r76uz.gif

Happy Tuesday!! :D Going to start getting pretty chilly this afternoon, maybe some rain and/or snow showers. :# Day two of a 5:30 wake up, feeling very tired today but have less driving to do so should be able to get a little nap. We went to attorney and he will go to court with us on the 19th. In the meantime we went back to DMV and found out her suspension is over Thursday and she can drive. So only one more day of driving which I can handle. Still think I will get up at 6 on Thursday and Friday so I am trained for Monday. :D

Lin, what is your first knitting project??? Love your Hallmark ABC of Faith, thank you for sharing. <3

Becky, so happy to see you post here. I see you on Facebook but not everyone here is on there. Congratulations on college and hope your hubby is doing well. We miss you here but understand how life gets in the way. <3

Shirley, you will do great now that you are back on track. With these holidays coming I wish I could also get on track but I am thinking while watching Robby I will be too busy to eat. :D

Phoebe, safe travels. We will miss you posting everyday, you bring a smile to everyone with all your kindness. <3

Buzz, I was also upset when I couldn't open another window from reply, but I just open a second window through my browser. Happy to hear your neck is better but that doesn't mean to get back into full swing until it is healed. Take care of yourself and thank Mike for serving. <3

Jeri, I agree company is always nice but always great to get back to normal, even when it is family. <3

Chris, so good to hear from you again. Too bad about bad internet, but thanks for sharing your email address. I have learned my lesson in enabling, but I am such a people pleaser it is hard. :#

Marie, hope all is well with you this morning, didn't see your cheery good morning. <3

Have a wonderful day even if the sun isn't shining.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time