Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Lin your dish cloth looks nice and so does your Christmas tree. Where are the present.
    I like the glitter one too.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,185 Member
    Options
    Marie - Santa hasn't brought any presents yet! o:)

Hope you had an enjoyable day. Did you decide to pass on that complicated scarf with flower pattern? I see you're making a popcorn bag? How does that work? Is it like those microwave potato bags only larger?
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers
    just a run by before Alice gets out here. It rain all night but stop for today.

Lin <3 we have not put up our tree yet and it is only a very small one. A
    bit too early for us. I have decide to make a quilted bucket for my pop corn bucket. researching quilted buckets now. or was. Will get more involve in it later today.
    have a wonderful Sunday everybody.
    here is what I have done so far

lf8q4xm5u1fa.jpg
    Marie
  • linder4866
    Options
    That's a cute bag Marie! Enjoy your day with Alice. I put up the tree because I just got it this year and wanted to see how the pre-lit thing works. It has 6 different combinations of lights. I could have it up all year long!! I kind of like the pastel lights and the white ones are good too. As long as the remote works there are options. ;)

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello sneakers and a happy Sunday to you all. It's gone 5pm here already and after a quick walk with George for his final pee check the fire is lit, I'm sipping a lovely cup of tea and wondering what to eat for my dinner. My neighbour and I spent a few hours at the allotment digging a couple of beds before covering with agricultural plastic for the winter months and then came home with leeks, parsnips, celery and tomatellos (I know I've spelled that wrong but haven't any idea and if I do spell check will no doubt lose this post!) The weather has been glorious and we will probably have a frost overnight but I don't mind that because it will kill off lots of bugs and slugs!! I've read all your posts so am keeping up with everyone and once things quieten down should find the time to write more.

Stay warm! <3
    Jackie
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Lin; I like you Christmas tree and it will be fun to have all those choices for lights. I also like the Christmas tree skirt. Did you make the dish cloth. Nice colors.
    Sandy, where are your going to be cruising to. I need to book a cruise. I love to go crushing around.
    Marie, You are go organized by pinning up your patterns up on that cork board. The pop corn bag looks cute. And it makes me want to go pop some pop corn. My favorite snack.
    Shirley: Yu are always having so much fun with your sailing club friends.
    Buzz: I am no help n graphics. I am proud that I can post photos now but the graphics are another ball game all together.
    Been kind of a lazy day today for me. I did my hour swim early this morning but then came home and stayed in the house all day. I did crochet up a little cell phone pouch so keep my phone in. That way it protects it when it bounces around in my purse.
    My son called and asked if he and his wife could stop by after she got off work and Of course I was delighted. I was just finishing up dinner so we invited them to eat with us. I had plenty. I'd made some soup with fresh peas, ( I shelled them all ) , carrots and potatoes. Even made the tomato base from fresh tomatoes. It was really quite yummy. My daughter in law helped me organize my digital photos. But as soon as she left I forgot how to do it on my own. It worked for a minute and finally I just got fed up and said NEVERMIND.
    Well have a good Sunday everyone.
    Phyllis
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Pic of my little phone cover and the baby booties I finished today. I used the extra yarn to make the phone cover. f5vnp94h11pv.jpg
    9x90uhuf9npt.jpg
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Hi all, love all of the crochet knitting projects.
    we got in Friday afternoon and they wanted us to change to a new truck. Worked on it until dark Saturday. Today, I am catching Jims congestion, and he has a fever again. Hope hell get better sooner this time. Meanwhile, I am working thru a mountain of laundry, blankets pillows rugs sheets.
    taking medicine and will get jim to doctor tomorrow. Im a bit concerned that his back is hurting, like last time. Hope it isnt his kidneys or liver.

Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Phoebe sorry to hear Jim is running fever again. . hope it is not serious.
    alice and iwent out to eat. at Jason 's deli. good veggies salad. I just pile on all the veggies. I think that will be our eating place for a while. Very good. They had a ice-cream
    machine but I pass on that.

Alice has lost over 24 lbs and looking real good. Me I gain 2 lbs. this week
    I think I need to tape my mouth up. Hugs Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,128 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Happy Sunday or what is left of it.......... :D We took Lisa for a birthday breakfast early and then Bryanna and I went to see the new Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1. It was really good and can't wait for part ll. I have to get to bed early tonight as I get Robby at 6 am. I will be taking him to see his mom again tomorrow because she has to work a 12 hour day and he will be sleeping when she gets home. She has a half day on Tuesday and then off until the following Monday. The good news she told me is that when her mom comes back on December 3, I will just have to watch him two days a week. Her mom goes back to Florida the end of January so it will be short lived and I will be returning to five days. Oh well, at least it keeps me busy and moving and away from my computer. B)

Phoebe, so sorry to hear Jim has a fever again and that you are feeling under the weather as well. Praying for a quick recovery for both of you and that the doctor finds nothing serious. <3

Phyllis, your booties are adorable as well as the cell phone case. You are a busy lady with all your projects.
    Glad you got to spend time with your son and his wife, family time is great. We are going on a 7 night Western Caribbean Cruise leaving out of Port Canaveral Florida on March 1. We will go to Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, George Town, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico. Very excited and trying to get all the arrangements done is mind blowing. :#

Buzz, speaking of my cruise I found this hotel that offers pickup from the airport, the room of course, free breakfast, then transportation to the ship and when returned transportation to the airport. It is $238.59 for two of us, do you think that is a good price? Here is a link;
    http://www.cocoabeachportcanaveralhotel.com/orlando_cocoa_beach_hotel_shuttle.shtml
    let me know what you think? Otherwise I need to make arrangements from airport to hotel and then to the cruise ship, this sounds simple to me. <3

Jackie, happy Sunday to you as well although you are probably sleeping. I only saw slugs while visiting my son in Portland Oregon and they were ugly nasty things. Some were huge and scared the crap out of me. :p

Marie, your popcorn bag is very cute, is it for individual popcorn or for a big bucket to share??? <3

Lin, your glitter graphic tree is nice, but your tree in your home is beautiful. I have a little pre-lit tree that I keep on a table. I had thought about putting my outside decorations up today because it is fairly warm but it is also raining so I didn't. I really prefer to wait until after Thanksgiving. B) Love your knitting projects, you are doing a good job. <3

Hope you all have a great week.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Belated happy Sunday, and I attempted to post last night but when I was finished and clicked on POST, it simply emptied out and I was too frustrated to try again! Running behind on birthday and sympathy cards, as we have several deaths and many birthdays this month, and I have been preoccupied with trusts, wills, medical affairs, lawyers, etc. plus concerns about DH's more frequent erratic behaviors! Much of the time he is his dear sweet self,...until some 5 year old tantrums pop up and I just don't expect it or recognize this same person! We have enough people going down that path to recognize what's happening, but I'm finding it scary and frustrating to realize there isn't a blessed thing I can do to help except learn to keep my cool and not upset him, as he quickly forgets what he's said or done! He mentioned today that he's not used to being tired all the time, and being unable to do projects he used to handle easily upsets him. And confuses him. Tarnish in the golden years! Again, we made a good choice choosing a Lifetime Care Community. I doubt we would be accepted now! Like most people, for years I said I'm not ready yet. When we need it most, it's too late to be accepted! Enough...
    SANDY, it sounds like an excellent deal you have with the pre-cruise hotel. The "season" is here, and prices are really rising this year, and your price is right! What line is your cruise on? Are you going with family? Friends just returned from a lovely Caribbean cruise on MNS or MSN or an Italian line with gorgeous ships/ Stairs built from Swarovski crystals, wonderful shows, decent weather. But 3 people had bad falls and returned with fractures or breaks, so watch those stairs and showers! The elevators were always too crowded to use!
    PHOEBE, so sorry about Jim's returning fever and your congestion. Hope you aren't overworking! Are you ever able to take a real restful vacation with no responsibilities? Sometimes we need to stop and smell the...well, whatever we enjoy smelling!
    LIN, you do manage to get pleasure from what you do, and it; s a wonderful attribute. You certainly GIVE pleasure to everyone else!
    PHYLLIS, the adorable booties leave me hankering for at least one more baby in my life! I appreciate the pleasure you feel holding that grandchild!
    MARIE, is it possible the fiber is too much too soon? It may simply be holding more body fluid than you have been used to! Give it time to adapt. And give Alice cheers from us all!
    I am having tiny successes with losing weight, but have finally, after many weeks, come down about 5 pounds, depending on what time of day I weigh. Of course, I try to convince myself the leg wrapping must weigh a ton, but I kid myself. How much can 4 elastic tape bandages really weigh?
    JACKIE, your involvement with your allotment is such an inspiration! And the bees, and your way of living. You just seem so comfortable with nature! Is living where you are now similar or different than your life while in Canada?
    SHIRLEY, your boating season ends as ours really starts getting busy! Remembering what season we are in gets very confusing here in Florida. Crops are just starting to grow, and strawberries are ready for picking again! We look out the window on cloudy days and feel wistful about snow! Just not like Buffalo last week!
    We watched Jersey Boys this afternoon, and since I was never fond of the falsetto sound of Frankie Valli's era, I was probably the only member of the audience who was not enthralled with the movie. New Jersey gangs and criminality were also a turnoff, so I guess I was a "wet blanket" sitting there! I loved Sinatra, the Beatles and others, but balked at these high sounds coming from popular singers of that time!
    Time for a small supper, and early bedtime, as I have another session for my legs tomorrow early morning. The PT thinks I might be finished in another week. I would love to be able to get a leg pump through my insurance, but was told one had to prove a history of cancer and lymphedema to receive them, and thank goodness, I haven't had that! I will be happy to be back in simple compression stockings soon. And perhaps back to the pool!
    Have a lovely evening, everyone.
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed a discrepancy in the number under her avatar showing how many posts one has supposedly made? I just realized many of my numbers either never change or sometimes actually go backwards! Weird!
    :( Buzz
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Phobse I am going to tell you like I did last time. Get Jim to ER if he gets worse I know you are really worried and I feel for you.
    Sneakers lets all pray for Jim. my prayers from the bottom of my heart Take care. Sweetheart.
    lots of hugs thru all of this.
    Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Buzz, we are sailing with Royal Carribean, Freedom of the Seas.
    Options
    Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. We are just being chased by a bit of fever, 99 for me last check. I'm still doing laundry, haven't gotten to our clothing yet!

bye for now,

Phoebe
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe - I hope tomorrow morning Jim is feeling better and that you will not come down with anything.............hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Monday!! :D Another rainy day with snow predicted tonight. Robby is sleeping but for how long I don't know so I will try to be quick. I am again taking him to see mom since she has a 12 hour day today. She gets an hour for lunch today so she can squeeze her son all that time. My son is picking Robby up after he gets home which should be around 5:30, so I also have a long day. I go to Florida in less that two weeks so I have that week to rest and relax.
    Phoebe is having a problem getting on this forum, I have sent her the link but for some reason she can't seem to connect with us. She said she misses all of us and hopes to figure this problem out.

Have a wonderful day everyone, I hope the sun is shining where you are.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Um, Sandy, it wasnt me having trouble getting on here. Hope it isnt a scam.
    Jim went to the doctor, got injections and prescription. I am heading out in a bit to pick that up.

Gee, it sure is hot today. Lol! Im picking on you snow people. 67 for the high, I'll take it! Even with the wind.
    Sandy I think you are making Lisa's day, you are so good to your kids.♥
    Probably leaving tonight or in the morning, so I'd better get going.

Have a great day.
    Phoebe
    p.s. I forgot to say that Jim's diagnosis is bronchitis
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Phoebe It was gayla who is having trouble getting into our forum. I got a PM from her too.. Good to hear all seems to be Ok with Jim. I am relieved to hear that.
    I had a bad night last night my blood pressure went uo to 185 the highest it ever been.But it went down to 124 this morning. And blood sugar went up to 178 And don't know why. Unless I forgot my meds. Which is easy for me to do. I took 2 water pills and was up peeing all night. and this morning bad diarrhea Ought to have a good wegiht lost in the morning. And how are you feeling today?
    I am embroidery a red rose this morning and he turn out so pretting.
    Take care.
    now t
    Marieo get back to my embroidering
    Hugs.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    A chilly evening and no doubt going to be a frosty night again. This morning I walked George across the moors in glorious sunshine and without the slightest breeze the sun felt warm even though it wasn't much above 9c. I usually follow an old rail track that then takes me on to a pony trail but we came upon a few moorland cattle standing where we needed to walk and because I knew George was likely to kick his heels and confront them took the safer option and did a U-turn! Still an enjoyable walk.

Phoebe ~ Hopefully Jim's medication will work and you'll both have a good trip. Stay safe.

Buzz ~ Thank goodness it sounds as if your leg treatments are working and if you are thinking and hoping a trip to the pool is imminent that has to be positive. How sad that Mike continues a slow decline but you're right, nothing you can do except keep your cool since it does seem he is aware of certain changes whether physical or mental that so frustrate him. You're definitely living in the right place and I think that's all down to you having the strength of mind to make the move while you could even if you felt at the time it was premature. You asked about my lifestyle in Canada compared to now and to be honest the difference is immense because when in Toronto my partner and I lived in an apartment with no garden, not even a balcony. We spent most weekends on lake Huron where he had a cottage but weekdays we worked downtown so a typical big city life. When I returned to the UK I wanted a complete change so although working full time in the city of Plymouth made sure I found a property in a rural area and the rest as they say is history!!

Marie ~ That's quite a shift in your blood pressure but I know you monitor all your stats carefully and will see your doctor if it continues but take care.

Sandy ~ Did you ever imagine you'd be getting up so early in the morning; you used to love your bed!! You're wonderful to be helping to such an extent but I bet you can't wait for your cruise and a lie in!

Tomorrow morning I'm meeting my friends at the local indoor pool for our weekly swim and will then take things as they come depending on weather. Hello to those I've missed, LIN, PHYLLIS, JERI, BARBIE, SHIRLEY and GAYLA, hope you find your way back to us. Time to settle down for the evening as it's gone 8.30pm.

Jackie