Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phoebe for the pumpkin soup recipe on our recipe topic. . It is on my bucket list to make Sounds good
    I ran across the gluten free booklet you sent me years ago. I has a dressing recipe I may make me for Christmas. also has some bread recipe I would like to make .
    Got to get back to embroidering Minnie Mouse if I can thread the machine May hvae to wait till daylight and get Jerry to help me.. I am reading all the post but just not able to comment too much. But I do keep up with you guys.

<3 Marie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Glub! Glub! Santa will be coming to Oregon in a submarine this year. We are still in heavy rain and mudslides and flooding! Wow! Mother Nature isn't happy at all.

I ordered a few treats from Amazon this year. Pantone cakes and almond toffee from a family run candy factory in John's home town. Fresh fruit for me! These temptations will not be too disastrous if I stay away from the toffee. I depended on the Internet for shopping this year. I must say, it turned out pretty good. I am only waiting for a couple of things. Fingers crossed they get here in time.

I am now trying to come up with something else for the Christmas dinner. We have turkey ALL the time. We don't eat red meat, that leaves fish or chicken....hummmmmm? No one else cooks in our family. I have total responsibility. In other words, the blame is on me. I do want to fix a lovely Christmas dinner for my little nestlings. But what?

Phoebe's pumpkin soup sounds great!
    Buzz, all of the wonderful events at your facility sound great to me. I believe I could tempt John into a sports coat and tie. He swore he had given them up when he retired.
    Sandy, I hope you come home tanned. With all the social whirl, you will need to rest from your vacation.
    Lin I only need reading glasses since I have had cataract surgery. I can buy those outrageous ones in the department stores. I need the kind with palm trees and jewels on the side temples like Elton John.
    Anne are you baking apple pie for the Christmas feast?

Time to wrap more gifts and send out more ecards,
    Patsy
  • Jacean245
    Jacean245 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    No Patsy, no apple pie for the Christmas feast, we'll be having Mary Jo's wonderful home made traditional Christmas plum pudding and home made brandy sauce for dessert. The same pudding that Bob Cratchitt's wife steamed in "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens. Here they are after the first steam and are now maturing until the big day for the last steam. Anne.
    l190di8tx75f.jpeg
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Set alight with brandy and brought into the dining room with short lived blue flames, well you can't get more Christmassy than that! Tomorrow is my youngest grandsons 23rd birthday and I've been invited for dinner where I wouldn't be surprised to see apple pie! I've spent every birthday so far with this grandson so I am immensely lucky. We aren't big on turkey either, so maybe Beef Wellington or a roast loin of pork with stuffing on the big day? We used to have goose in the UK, but everyone here isn't too keen. I'm not into red meat either, but I'll go with the flow. As long as I have a cracker to pull, I'm happy.
    Enjoy today everybody, Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,119 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pudding Anne! Enjoy the dinner with your grandson. It is amazing you've been able to see him each year for his birthday.

Patsy, I do not eat any animal products but back in the day, waaaay back, we sometimes had little Cornish rock hens (is that right, you know what I mean I would imagine) stuffed with wild rice.

It is cold and blustery here today. Have a couple of errands to do and trying to decide when I want to get out there and FREEZE!

Hugs everyone.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Those plum puddings look amazing!, I can just imagine the whole event. Flaming puddings, ooooohing and aaaaaaaaahing from the family as it is brought in from the kitchen! Just like Dickens described. What a marvelous tradition!

Cold here too, we have had a record breaking wet December and it isn't over. The rivers (and there are many in Oregon) are all jumping their banks and the mudslides are terrifying. We are okay currently but we are watching the creeks and hillsides very carefully. It has put a damper on certain Christmas activities. Public caroling, Santa parades etc.

The Cornish game hens are a good idea , Lin. No left overs and sort of festive. That sounds promising. I also like Anne's cracker tradition. I see a package of them in Costco of all places.

I wonder what will occupy my every minute when the holidays are over? I am getting somewhat weary of all the prep. I love it but there are times when it all seems too much. Maybe it is just today...cold, wet, and dark. Time for a fire in the fireplace!
    Patsy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I was hoping after 2 days of Microsoft repairing Windows 10all on its own , it would run normally, but again, it required me to use a password to log on, and it is s-l-o-w to perform, and the program is wider than ever in Internet Explorer! Last night was just superb and I tried to control myself during the appetizer hour (I was not too bad) and it was all just elegant, which is more than I am! Surprisingly, my weight was down a pound this morning, which was encouraging. Took DH to cardiologist today for his EKG and Echocardiogram and told him if he doesn't control his terrible food choices, I see no point in going to doctors who waste their breath and my money telling him what to do, and he follows none of their advice and only complains about lack of energy! GRRrrrrrrrrr! Website is 2 miles wide again today, so I'm logging off. Big hugs to y'all!
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Puddings look wonderful Anne!
    I like the little hens too. So easy to bake. Dh doesn't. Have to get Honey baked ham for him.
    Stay warm Lin.
    Buzz, I hope Win10 isn't planning to do that to me! Good for you, one lb down!

Brief hello
    The debut of Star wars is Friday. Electronic signs over the freeways in Arizona read

" aggressive driving is the path to the dark side"

Be safe
    Phoebe
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    smiley-sleep012.gif Everyone is in bed already waiting for me to finish reading all your postsl

<3 Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,074 Member
    Options
    Home, but was busy so will check in tomorrow.
    Sandy
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Super busy day ahead here too. Musicians recording in the studio downstairs this morning, regular Thursday errands to do, and my husband surprised me last night with an "Oh by the way, our office Christmas dinner is Thursday night." I've given myself 30 minutes of quite time this morning to drink my coffee and read MFP posts. Now, I guess it's time to jump up and throw the day into high gear!
    Marcella
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Sneakers,

I had a nice post and tried to find a picture of Isaac but lost my post in the process so I will start again.

Anne - your pudding looks like it came out of the book of Scrooge. It looks delicious.

Buzz- Your meals are phenomenal at the place where you live. I too would not be able to lose weight
    with all those luscious meals.

Phoebe - Be safe on your travels, hope those glasses weren't prescription.

Sandy - Welcome home!

Marcella - Good luck at DMV.

Patsy - So much rain you are having. Be safe too!

Jeri - Love of the picture of you both, beautiful and your tree is lovely.

Lin - I went to the Mall yesterday after lunch with a friend and was not going to buy anything, but
    I ended up getting something for Dave for Christmas and something for the house.
    Dave has gone to the library for some books to read, I am impressed with him.

Marie - Your Minnie Mouse quilt should be beautiful when you are done. Let's see it!

Our choir Christmas party was fun and nice to talk to the ladies I don't know that well yet.
    I am a newbie to the group. The food was amazing which the Soprano's organized ( my group).
    I brought rocky road squares and left them there for our director's family to enjoy.

Today is running errands and a chiropractor apt. this afternoon. I am feeling much better since on
    the antibiotics and still have more to finish yet. Dave is also on antibiotics and puffer for his chest
    cold and he had a bit of bronchitus. So we are both on the mend. The weather here is so gloomy
    and gray day after day, but no snow yet so I will take it.

I will try and find the picture of Isaac and post it.

Shirley
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! :) You know the old saying, nice to get away but always great to be home.
    I had to go see Robby as soon as he got home, he is growing so fast and saying so much.
    Babe came with Daisy and she was so excited to see me, life is so good. I am not sitting until after the New Year, I asked if her mom could watch Robby today so I can go to my meeting which I haven't been since sitting and tomorrow I have an eye appointment. Lisa will start her winter break after tomorrow and Wednesday we will all go and see Santa. Can't wait to see how Robby reacts.
    Time again is short so I will come back later. I am the same weight as when I left so that is a good thing, although I still am trying to lose those last 5 pounds. Will see if I lose an ounce or two before weigh in tomorrow. lol

Have a great day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Sandydur
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ihndvuhhb4kw.jpeg

th8mbkqy11m2.gif

So sorry we are late......Hope your birthday was wonderful! I do believe you might be the baby of the group at 58 and we are so happy to have you with us!!
  • Jacean245
    Options
    Whoops, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCELLA FOR THE 15th. Better late than never. Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh darn....,.HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marcella. I always forget to check in on the birthday post. I apologize.

What did you do on your birthday?? It sounds as if you have very busy days ahead.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Me too Marcella I used to be pretty good at it
    it but not any more. But Any way Hope it was a good one.

1919038r6srf3pmum.gif
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARCELLLA!!! Sorry we forgot I guess the Christmas countdown is keeping us all
    busy. I hope you enjoyed your day.

Shirley
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Happy birthday to you, Marcella!
  • linder4866
    Options
    Marie wrote me a note and said she is having comouter problems and wanted you to know in case she doesn't post for a while.