Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    p.gifh.gifo.gife.gifb.gife.gif
    8zfoa2bprdzt.jpg
    Have the best day ever dear Phoebe and yes, eat whatever you fancy!

<3 Jackie
  • pinkperil
    Options
    I'm burying myself in housework as the most awful news keeps coming. Oh dear, what a sad world we seem to be living in so everyone, just hug nearest and dearest and enjoy each day.

Jackie

PS Patsy ~ You so love Katie please do just ask for your vet's opinion on waiting until midway between 1st and 2nd heat because here in the UK most vets time it precisely within a 10 day window, no compromise, to avoid nasty side effects. I know you'll do the right thing for Katie.
    (I was going to put a big red heart there but they seem to have suddenly disappeared!!)
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,140 Member
    Options
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!! :) Busy week but just wanted to say good morning. Celebrating my son's birthday today, he chose Portillo's for lunch, then some geocaching. They are meeting friends for a quick reunion but we will have ice cream cake when they return. Have a great day!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    linder4866 wrote: »
    30louilrmeau.jpeg
    082lth5qlq91.jpeg

You are the only folks who I can share my joy of scratching color onto paper. Thanks for skipping over my boring posts. This is such fun!!!

Just beautiful.

Jeri
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    Just a comment from an outsider who doesn't understand too much about American politics. Heard just a little of Michelle Obamas speech today and the bit I heard contained no insults, no character assassinations, just so refreshing after the dramas of the past few months.
    Anne

Fresh material for the next speech by Mrs Trump then!! LOL
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Can't wait, JACKIE!
    Anne
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. Working today. Be back tomorrow. <3
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,201 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I have been doing a little of this and a little of that today. Trying to get to various web sites and downloads I have been scooting around from my iPad to my Windows laptop to my Mac. Ha. Pretty funny but got a few things accomplished.

I am going to a farmland seminar tomorrow and checked the company's web site today. I can't believe they have a farm adjoining mine for sale right now! Very interesting. I hope tomorrow is interesting as well.

I started to read Cara Black's "Murder on the Quai" and I don't know if I like it that much. We'll see. I did read that book, Alexander McCall Smith's book of stories. Very interesting. He used old photos and made up stories for each of them. "Chance Developments" is the title. I did enjoy it. Interesting photos and stories.

The news seems so distressing these days. Many days have more than one tragic incident. Appalling.

I don't do politics so I am treating republicans and democrats equally. I am ignoring all!

Wishing everyone happy and healthy days. Praying these horrendous killings end. Immediately.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    To your last paragraph LIN, amen. Anne.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I have been active in politics for years. Our family in various states have run for office. I have worked on presidential campaigns for decades. Toward that end, I can't help but be not only interested but absolutely obsessed. This political situation is riveting and I can't stay away from the news. I have always felt somehow my vote did matter. I wanted my voice to be heard. I would encourage everyone to become informed and vote for the person and cause that says what you believe. It is all we can do.

Today was misty and cool. With a sweater and sweatpants, Katie and I did morning exercises. It felt like fall and I see a few light colored yellow leaves. Can you believe it? Also I saw a bunch of kids in the football field. Not practicing but maybe organizing.

I am going to chat with the vet about Katie's spay proceedure. Thanks you all for the warning about doing this too early. I hope I don't make our vet angry but I really need to go very cautiously on this. Katie is my pal and I guess I need her to be fit and healthy. Dr. And vet Drs can be very thin skinned when it comes to questioning his or her recommendations. My dog! My decision! I want the best outcome possible!
    Worried,
    Patsy
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Phoebe - Happy Belated Birthday!

Hi, Been missing everyone. I had some elective surgery and have been recuperating. Unfortunately, one of the meds has made it more difficult to lose weight. But recovery is well underway and meds are done. I have a trip planned end of August so I'm ready to get the weight back down a bit. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. :)
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    My desktop is having problems with reproducing some of the photos.
    Mike's kids came over for about 1 and 1/2 hours. They go back to NY tomorrow. Short and sweet. They insist neither of us go to the cemetery tomorrow because of the heat. We agreed to stay home. My feet feel better today, but I am so tired I keep dozing at the keyboard!
    I wish I could agree with LIN's last paragraph, but I am extremely concerned about the future of our great nation and the world and this particular campaign year has me worried as can be. Understanding causes of violence may help change root problems, but I feel rudderless in the midst of this chaotic period!
    <3 Buzz
    Options
    I agree with Lin because watching the arrows whizzing by on TV just makes for more disgust at their behavior. I guess I always expect presidents to have a great amount of dignity, so the candidates should be the same.
    I'm sure I've missed some of the violence, I usually miss a bit of news when we are working. I just keep remembering the news anchor reporting that isis called for sleeper cells, and individuals to attack. This was a couple of months ago. So it's a call to all crazies.
    Be safe
    Phoebe
  • pinkperil
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Question of the day, where do my brain cells disappear to at such a rapid rate and can they ever be found again? Just spent several minutes looking for the 2 pairs of reading glasses I possess without luck so dug out very dark reading sun glasses to read your posts and was about to struggle to see to type when I noticed a glasses case on the table next to my laptop. Shook it and laughed.... you can guess what I found; now just one more pair to find!

Yesterday evening I set off with a friend to view a giant puppet that has been created by local engineers to celebrate the Cornish mining heritage and having left a car on a friend's driveway we walked across the moor in driving drizzle (if there is such a thing!) for a mile or so at the same time looking at beautiful areas and planning new dog walks! The tall metal and steam puppet was a sight to behold and well worth the walk and soaking but we were both shattered by the time we walked back to the car a couple of hours later. I managed to video some of the action and will put a little film together later today.

Got soaked (again!) on our walk this morning so have changed into comfy jeggings and top and hope for a quiet day with a bit more housework achieved.

Patsy ~ As much as many politicians annoy me to the point of shouting at my tv I too can't help but feel a need to follow what's going on and a sense of achievement when something like our referendum goes against the odds and predictions. Power to the people still exists in our democratic countries and we should cherish our right to vote. I'm guessing your vet's biggest concern is to avoid unplanned puppies but he should also be knowledgeable about Katie's hormone levels and the safest time to operate so I do hope his biggest concern will be for her rather than his ego!! Think of yourself as a protective labradoodle mum with fluffy main and flashing teeth when you discuss options!!

Marcella ~ I'm sorry to read you've been through a rough patch although it sounds positive and encouraging that you are making plans. Take care and pop back in when you can.

Buzz ~ A wise move to avoid the heat at the moment although sad to miss the funeral. Your sleepiness could be your mind and body catching up with needed rest after the difficult period you've been through so I do hope it means you are managing to feel just a little bit relaxed about Mike and confident he is being well cared for. As for what's going on around the world, you have every right to feel rudderless but there really is nothing to be done right now other than show we are all stronger in mind than the fanatics and will overcome all that is thrown at us.

Phoebe ~ You're right, there's no knowing where these despicable people will attack next and recent events show just how mindless and cowardly their actions are so we must get on with day to day life and stay safe. Did you manage a birthday treat or did work intervene?

Lin ~ I want to tell you how much I love and appreciate the pictures you've been showing us because they are like an oasis of beauty. The recent bookcase in particular had me staring in awe for some time while telling myself I don't have the time for colouring myself and anyway mine would never look as good! A small world when you discover the farm you will visit is next door to your land for sale. Perhaps it's meant for some reason but only time will tell.

Marie ~ I'm guessing you are being kept very busy with rehabilitation and more steps each day. Hopefully you'll be home soon but meanwhile keep working at getting yourself better. <3

Goodness, nearly lunchtime and not much done so will crack on, starting with the kitchen floor steam cleaner! Also beginning to brighten outside so maybe some gardening later!!

Have a good day
    Jackie
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    PATSY, don't be scared of the vets reaction when you question him. Katie is your only concern, not his feelings. My vet is convinced I am having money problems hence delaying the procedure but that isn't the case at all. I am concerned for Jilly's problem free future. I have to admit some prejudice here in taking the British vets stand on the timing of this procedure. I have immense confidence in British vets, if not British dentistry (for humans) in the past! I don't know what the general stand in Canada is by vets, but it would appear to be unanimous amongst American vets for early spaying. For me, I will let her go through the first heat, keep her in the yard during that time with me in attendance at all times and decide after that time whether to spay or not. Who would have thought when we took these delightful little girls on, the worry it would cause. For me personally, I wouldn't have liked being "spayed" at the age of 11, lol.
    World news, ah, the account of the 85 year old priests death had me teary eyed and angry. That poor man had survived WW11 as a child only to have his throat cut in old age by two barbarians from the Middle Ages. I am speechless about this "modern" world we have created!
    I was fairly active in politics, my husband more so, when we lived in the UK. Whilst I never get involved in arguments or try to change others views we HAVE to be personally active and take an interest or the day will come when we lose our democratic way of life.
    Sombre posting from me today. On the whole I'm optimistic by nature but the present day leaves me along with BUZZ rudderless and powerless.

I shall go and make a cup of tea, the answer to all English women's problems, play with my exuberant girl and generally bury my head in the sand.

But, LOVE to all you lovely sneakers, from Anne. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!! :) Things are going well with my son and his wife. He had a great birthday yesterday and we still have more fun planned. Today Bryanna is coming and we will attempt to geocache again, our efforts were in vain yesterday, it was too hot and the area was too filled in with weeds and such. We ended up walking around a body of water which ended in 5000 steps. Tonight we are going to dinner with Bryanna and then more games. If nothing else we are keeping busy.

I can't add to the political views, I still haven't made my mind up on whom I will vote. I am thinking of writing my own name. lol

Have a great day!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I keep hoping to wake up and find that this whole Presidential political thing will have just been a very bad dream caused by something I shouldn't have eaten. I'm ready to wake up now. :#
    Options
    Anne, and Jackie, you are right in that we must not ignore the politics completely. We must be ever stronger when faced with the terrors in our modern world. The priest' murder will be less effective for the terrorists. It shows any doubters left in the world that they are not respectful of Any persons, no one is immune, all should prepare if they plan to fight, or make final arrangements if they don't intend to. I always find myself asking what horrors in childhood did these people endure? That may be a mistake on my part, they surely weren't loved?
    So, a hot day in California, a Nap(yippee), and who knows what.
    Jackie, yes, had a few carbs yesterday(;-)).
    Lin, I agree, love the colorings! Plz keep us updated. What is the next step with your car?

Marcella, I hope you are doing well. Elective surgery can be a large or small surgery, so rest up and enjoy this summer! Glad you are at-home and not in a rehabilitation facility.

Which brings me to Marie, you keep it up, you'll be able to do more when you get home! I hope you actually do feel better.
    Hi everyone else, I'm sleepy.
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    2429420lmkt4zhzgw.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHOEBE!! Enjoy your day!!

Sandy - I guess I missed something going on in your family. I hope all is well.

I had lunch with my sister yesterday and all went well. Things are getting better and better between
    us and she is doing much better this days since she met Joe. I hope this continues for her since she seems very happy this days.

We will be leaving Friday for another sailing club cruise and probably be home by Wednesday. I will be in contact.

Shirley