Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Jilly has a brand new bed as well PATSY. The old one was still okay, but she doesn't like to curl, she's a stretch out flat on her back, paws in the air sort of dog. The old bed, minus cushion makes a super toy box. The sides are short enough for her to hop in and root amongst her depleting toys. They are depleting because her great joy in life is chewing them to pieces, but at least, so far, she's left the furniture alone.

I wish at times I was Jilly, she makes friends so easily, but on the positive side that is beginning to rub off on me. She got picked up and cuddled by two people on our recent walk. The young woman who gave her the teddy bear, and a man we've met before and wouldn't you know, we got chatting about Slim Whitman! It's funny how something is never mentioned for years and suddenly it becomes a topic. He mentioned his daughter was born in Mexico and I started singing Mexicali Rose. How do you know that! He asked. Because I'm old I said and I loved Slim Whitman and his gorgeous voice. How odd, small world isn't it!

That's a super thing you've created JERI! The children will be so pleased one day. In a way I've done something similar, starting with the earliest photos I can find of our clan. The first photo is of my then so young great grandma in Victorian dress, and so I'm told, looking a bit like me. Or me looking like her! There's my 3 great uncles, all killed in World War One sporting their regiments highland kilts and looking oh so handsome. Their poor mother, she in the Victorian crinoline, was Scottish hence them in Scottish regiments. I've written any history I've gleaned down the years and hope my grandsons will enjoy.
    Well time to go and find Jilly's friend Amy with owner Janice,
    Night night, look out for that harvest moon!
    Anne,
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :)Jeri, your scrapbooking is amazing...you are very talented and hard working to do those...did you do something like that for all the grandchildren or is this a new hobby?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Good morning Sneakers. I am up early. This morning. I think my coffee is about ready.

Jerry will be up in another 30 minutes.

Alice starts a new job Monday, She will get a rest from me. I am going to have to called on kathy more
    Did I ttell you all I can;t eat on taking this t greens veggies on taking tiis blood thinner. and I missed them specially the salads I will dtalk to my doctor about changing to a brand that I can
    Love Marie <3

Jeri a girl of many talent
    ts Beautiful job of scrap making

• Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) Windows are open again, fresh air feels wonderful. I didn't go to the assembly, I was too tired. I am meeting friends again this afternoon so will go to Mass in the morning. Nothing new, nothing exciting.

Marie, glad to hear from you and happy Alice got a new job. How are you feeling and how are the blisters and sores?

Jeri, the digital scrapping is just beautiful, your kids are going to love them. I don't know how you find time to do it all, you are amazing. Sorry you have to have surgery, will pray for a fast recovery.

Anne, I looked for the moon last night but it was too cloudy.

Enjoy your day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    The moon was beautiful to see who didn't get a chance to see it. We spent two days across the border at a port in Wilson, NY with two of our friends. The weather was cool and sunny both days. Saturday night we ventured out to a new pizza place we have not been to before. We were going to walk there but one of the members gave us a ride there and we walked back. We enjoyed the pizza and craft beers they were serving. I did get off my calorie plan a little but I am back on schedule today.

Now back home and the himidity again, its raining here today and this morning we woke up to a flood in our kitchen, laundryroom (downstairs) and downstairs bathroom. Not a great thing to wake up to. So after mopping and cleaning up all morning Dave is repairing the problem which came from under our kitchen sink, a hose let loose and so did the water.

Buzz - I hope Hospice can give Mike some happiness and give you a break from all the caregiving you are giving to Mike. I am sure you need some rest from all this. <3 Thinking of you. Good luck finding
    a printer.

Lin - I wouldn't know what to do with Okra but I am sure you can find something on line for recipes.
    The cards you are making are lovely and I am sure the ladies will enjoy them and appreciate all that you do.

Sandy - I hope you find those earrings. :)

Jeri - Great scrapbooking photos, my nephew's wife does the same thing for her kids and family.

I still have to get my exercise in some time today when the weather gets better, is it does.
    We are invited to dinner with some friends tonight.

Have a great Saturday.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Skimmed through and thank you all for your comments and support. JERI, fabulous talent! PATSY, You hit it right on the button and I smile an d leave quickly as soon as I detect that whine! We ALL have things to cope with! SANDY, I hope Robby is OK.
    Now I will share how I solved my printer problem: After copious research, including paper weight and envelope size, I discovered the newer printers don't compare to my discontinued model, so I researched Amazon and bought a brand new discontinued Canon Pixma MX310, which is what died on me after 8 wonderful years! Of course the price was more than triple, as I recall it was about $60 8 years ago! But well worth it! I love how motherly PATSY and ANNE are about Jilly and Katie, and wonder how they got trained to use their new beds. My Gamine and Coco always slept on mine! BARBIE, happy to hear you are still walking, and hope the surgery goes beautifully.
    Well having spent the entire day researching printers, I'm "noshing" on prunes before I go up to dine with Mike, who I received word has been driving his chair around the lobby. That means he'll be feeling brighter. Have a gorgeous weekend, y'all!
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    Skimmed through and thank you all for your comments and support. JERI, fabulous talent! PATSY, You hit it right on the button and I smile an d leave quickly as soon as I detect that whine! We ALL have things to cope with! SANDY, I hope Robby is OK.
    Now I will share how I solved my printer problem: After copious research, including paper weight and envelope size, I discovered the newer printers don't compare to my discontinued model, so I researched Amazon and bought a brand new discontinued Canon Pixma MX310, which is what died on me after 8 wonderful years! Of course the price was more than triple, as I recall it was about $60 8 years ago! But well worth it! I love how motherly PATSY and ANNE are about Jilly and Katie, and wonder how they got trained to use their new beds. My Gamine and Coco always slept on mine! BARBIE, happy to hear you are still walking, and hope the surgery goes beautifully.
    Well having spent the entire day researching printers, I'm "noshing" on prunes before I go up to dine with Mike, who I received word has been driving his chair around the lobby. That means he'll be feeling brighter. Have a gorgeous weekend, y'all!
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    edited September 2016
    Options
    BUZZ, Not much training in the use of old and new dog bed. HER bed sits on MY bed which fortunately isn't a single bed, lol. I'm glad the Bean likes her own bed though because she is so small I'd be frightened of crushing her during the night. Drawback, I am often awakened to a long pink tongue washing my face. Now THAT gets one sitting upright at 6 in the morning!
    Might as well bore you all again. My puppy is 7 months old and all grown up. Sadly, Anne. In this photo she is sitting, or rather squeezing into her old dog carrier which she's outgrown and it is now a "chew toy". The glassy eyes are because she fell asleep just after the photo was taken after two hours of playing with Michael and a long long walk.
    fbgfacbskks2.png
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,189 Member
    Options
    Jeri, incredible digital scrap booking!! A friend told me she is starting that and giving up the real world variety. She is finding it difficult to give up all the special papers and pens and extras. You take such wonderful photos that you have much to work with!

Buzz, congrats on ordering a printer! And thank you for letting me know what materials you use for card making.

Anne, darling Jilly Bean. Love the photo. Isn't it time soon for the chewing and destruction to slow?

Patsy, new dog bed for Katie. Lucky girl. You are such a good dog mom.

Marie, glad you have been spending time with Alice. Sorry about your green salads. I hope you will be able to eat them again soon.

Shirley, welcome home but oh my, sorry about the flood!! What a horrible surprise.

I think I'll go to bed early. I was up late last night and I have been tired all day.

Hugs.

Busy Sunday on tap once again.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I surely did not mean to double post, but I thought my post was gone completely when Golden Sneakers disappeared as I was trying to post! An error message told me I was offline and could not reach the website, even though my modem said I was online! I also found some missing photos and other sundries after the Windows Update yesterday. Late, as usual, but I needed to work with the laundry, and that's done so I'm off to sleep...
    <3 Buzz
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    What a lovely face on Jilly Bean!
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Hi LIN, you think so, I think so, but when it comes to chewing 7 month old Jilly doesn't think so. I'm very lucky though, because she doesn't chew the furniture, cushions or rugs, only her own stuff, which mainly comprises of a lot of chew bones, oh and the strap of her too small carrier bag. She's not allowed near her new carrier, unless in it!
    There shouldn't be much time for chewing today, more like tug of war games, 2nd love after chewing bones. It's family day and the guys do rough house her. She is one small but very tough, strong puppy. Mike thinks it's the home cooking! Don't let the sweet looks fool you! This dog thinks and acts like a giant guard hound. Mind you it's mainly posturing, she tends to run behind me if she thinks real danger is in sight!
    Anyway, I love her dearly and she's certainly brightened up my summer.
    It rained all day yesterday which made for some damp walks. In fact we didn't meet anyone on our walks. What did that old song say,
    "Mad dogs and English men go out in the midday sun", only in our case change to "women" and "rain".
    Have a super Sunday everyone, damp or otherwise, from us.
  • CALIECAT
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sandy I Think I am healing pretty well.my nurse and bath lady been taking good care of me. So has Jerry except for the cooking Just found out I can't eat very much greens veggies. on taking this thinner. for my blood. For lunch i am having corny dogs. Love those. My eating has change a lot.

Going back to the TV room to watch me some football

Marie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! :) Went to Church, had a video call with my son and soon will be meeting a friend to watch some football. Not a big sports fan but being with friends is good.

Marie, I am glad you are feeling better and were able to go out with Alice for lunch. Too bad Jerry can't cook but do you have meals on wheels where you live?

Anne, Daisy loves to chew on toys as well and she is 8. My other rescue dog Freeway, loved to get the squeaker out of a toy as fast as he could which usually meant minutes. As long as they don't chew on furniture I think it keeps them busy. Jilly has the cutest little face. <3

Buzz, these computers and websites can drive one crazy but then how we would all stay in touch? MFP gave me a headache yesterday but was finally able to get on later in the day.

Lin, busy day for you as usual. BTW I got some pieces put together just haven't been able to get the outer side done which is frustrating. All the pieces look alike. lol

Shirley, still no luck with my earring so will get an estimate for a new one Wednesday before bingo since the jeweler is close to where I play. You are doing well with your food choices and a nice loss. I am still in summer mode and not exercising enough thus no weight loss.

It was great seeing friends yesterday, I hadn't seen them in a while. One was engaged and now broken up, the other is moving to Arizona and the other is just recovering from a hysterectomy. We used to see each other at the other complex I lived, mostly at the pool.
    Didn't stay long but it was a nice get together.

Have a wonderful day.
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Late evening here already so just checking in. We had a beautiful walk this morning and met lots of people and their dogs. There wasn't a hint of wind or even breeze and we could see for miles but the temperature is falling now and a few clouds gathering. I made a few phone calls yesterday to check on the health of friends and one has put me on to Jigsaw World, a website where you can choose jigsaws to put together and then earn points depending on how long you take to then choose more. A real time waster but I did enjoy some time on there between watching tennis on the tv. Poldark will be on in a short while so I'll take in the Cornish scenery and all the drama! Anne ~ what a gorgeous girl Jilly Bean is and I'm sure she'd get on well with Scruff who chews toys to shreds and kills the squeak as soon as she can. A funny observation.... young George has taken a dislike to your Mr T especially when he's wearing that white golfing cap and every time the man pops up on the tv growls and grumbles at him which does make me laugh!

Everyone enjoy the rest of Sunday.
    Jackie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Anne- Your little Jilly is darn cute!! What a precious face who only a mother could love.

We had a lovely time last night for dinner with our friends who are also sailors. We haven't seen much of them this summer because they were gone for a month in the beginning of the summer and then
    Tim had to take care of aged mom and get her into a facility. It was nice catching up, our dinner was low cal as were the appes but then the dessert came out which was decadent. Oh well, I will weigh
    tomorrow to see how I did. I am back on 1200 calorie plan today.

Weather here has improved and sunny but the humidity is still in the air. I did some grocery shopping at Walmart and then finished off at Sobey's. I can never find everything at Walmart but going to two stores believe it or not is saving us money. We are having my MIL over for dinner for tonight for steak.

Sandy- I hope Robby is feeling better, we are going to see Isaac next week Wednesday and stay overnight. He is a going concern now.

Marie - You are sounding better and better everyday. Check with you doctor about changing your
    script to one where you can eat greens.

Jackie - Jigsaw world sounds interesting, are you doing this too?

Buzz- Glad you could find a computer that fit your needs. You are one savy computer lady. :)

Have a good evening all!! Thinking of each and everyone of our Sneakers Family.

Shirley
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon friends
    It seems my weight isn't changing at all and I have decided to just keep trying.
    My IBS and acid reflux/gerd was giving me so much pain I couldn't stand it. So read books etc and went off meds , changed my diet dramatically and I feel better.

Today went to church, then organic gardener to pick up 3 different squadh. Just finished picking my apples, strawberries and beans. My house is so full of organic veg and fruits.

Going to cut fabric now.
    I read your posts but may not answer unless I can get Internet.
    Marie you look great.
    Chris
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Chris i am beginning to feel like my old self some now. Still have way to go.I feel like I had a g reat big nightmare. over 3 months.
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    My post disappeared.
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Beautiful fall day today. I am not sure I can cut the day short and head inside to watch football. That seems very wrong somehow. So I will just sort of be late for the beginning of the game. Very late....

I was up very late last night. One of my special no-sleep nights for no good reason. Uuuugh! But I feel okay and am chugging along. Katie is off her feed lately. She skipped breakfast and isn't too interested in her noon meal. For a ravenous puppy, this is alarming. But it is Sunday and it will either be better tomorrow or we will get ready to visit the old doc! He isn't old but he is very practicical. He also has a labradoodle. His pup is a bit older.

I ordered a few new sweaters and pants for fall. One of the pairs of jeans is such a kick! John will be astonished. I got one of those highly distressed pair of jeans. Raggedy with patches and bleached spots. To complete the look there are rhinestones around the patches. Can't keep from laughing about this. I will wear them when we go to lunch with some friends. You just can't beat down that old hippy influence from long ago. I don't have my long braid down my back and I removed the diamond stud from my nose when I applied for a real job. Everything else is almost the same.

Patsy