Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,195 Member
    Options
    I have heard of Slim Whitman but hadn't listened to his music. Yeah Marcella for finding that song for Anne.

I am a rock and roll girl!!! I do like jazz, blues and some classical music. But in the dreams of my youth I would sing in a rock band. :D

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I guess I read in dribs and drabs, catching up eventually , so I just found BARBIE's full post. I know I mentioned it earlier, but really want to reiterate how glad I am that by this time next year, she will look back and think how happy she will be to have had that surgery! I know we all wish you the best, BARBIE!!!
    I don't recall if I mentioned finding the "key" to all our billing error right on Humana's private site, and almost all of our costs are disappearing as tthey straighten out the errors. My screen keeps locking, s0 I'll get to bed and try to sleep!
    <3 Buzz
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    My pleasure. I'm glad they are happy tears. Jilly sounds adorable.
    Marcella
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Fun trips back to wonderful musicians who mostly deserved our respect. I don't remember Adam Faith. Slim and the doggy in the window yes. Like Lin, I don't remember Slim's music, just his name. Loved that funny mudda fadda song, can't remember his name.
    Anne, I need to tell you about a tiny dog I had years ago. She was no bigger than Jilly will be. I waited until she was two or three, then had her spayed. She seemed to do very well. Later that year, she developed seizures. A vet told me that it has been known to happen after altering a dog. Thought you should know.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Sandy ~ Here's an article from one of our magazines for seniors. Their points may or may not be of help to Babe but certainly well worth suggesting he check them out just in case!
    https://www.saga.co.uk/magazine/health-wellbeing/treatments/reduce-dizziness?utm_source=newsletter-sep02&amp;utm_medium=email&amp;utm_campaign=Magazine Newsletter

A beautiful day today and dogs have been walked on the moors where now that the school holidays are over the silver brigade has arrived..... people of a certain age who are active, motivated and ready for any challenge. Today a large group were setting up an outdoor art class so I assume they will be painting the glorious scenery, ponies, cattle and bah lambs!
    I was hoping the gardener would be here this morning as it's a fortnight since his first visit but no sign so I'm going to head outside now, sip my coffee and make a plan for myself. Will catch up with everyone this evening.

Jackie
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Had to quickly look this up for Anne ~ You're thinking of Cilla Black who was a great friend of the Beatles and they got her into showbiz. That's quite a mini skirt she's wearing!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dDWEIvbZkY

Her first and biggest hit was Your My World and even my dad loved it until halfway through where her voice becomes quite nasal.... I can see him pulling a face even now!!

Jackie
  • linder4866
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Mudduh Faddah song was Allan Sherman. I had his LP.

I remember Cilla Black's name but not anything she sang. Interesting video Jackie. I have never heard that song and oh my, what a mini mini. It would be a tunic today right?

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    That was lovely JACKIE, thank you. I wasn't thinking about our lovely Cilla though, I was thinking of a 4 man group who sang "I'm a rambler, I'm a rambler" and something that started "oh say that you will still be mine, and in no other arms entwine, oh leave me not where the waters flow, on the banks of the Ohio" I think! So long ago, but I loved to hike when young and in the first song "he'd rather be up on the mountains than getting married on Saturday". Absolutely lovely to see a young Cilla again and yes I wore skirts like that!

PHOEBE, I'm sorry about your little dog, how sad. That's exactly what we all fear, especially me and Mike who she will belong to one day. She is so very tiny, extremely intelligent and fun, very loving, and after Cinders tragic death we are sort of paranoid. The heat wasn't much of a bother at all, just a lot more washing. She's very social, so the worst was taking her out for walks and me asking startled owners of dogs she wanted to bounce up to, "is your dog a female or neutered?" It's definitely the "in" thing because so far we haven't met a dog who hasn't been altered. I'm also the only one who home cooks dog food most of the time, so I guess I'm a bit of a throwback in dog ownership as well as music! Lol. I suspect I shall let her go through another heat because it will be the end of February and not much trotting about of the amorous variety to meet. Then........
    We've had lots of mixed breed dogs in the past, none spayed, all home fed, and all in the past anyway before the advent of heartworm only seeing vets at the end of their long healthy lives. I hope this is the Beans future as well.

And girls, be assured that although I may live in the past, with my aged knobbly knees no mini skirts in my future!
    Anne. (Little old lady passing by - Gracie Fields, remember that?)
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Oh joy, I've found it on YouTube but don't know how to let you gals see and hear it.

It's named, The Manchester rambler, by the Spinners.

Oh boy do I ever miss those high moorland places, play it and you'll see what I mean because the scenery is shown.

Anne
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Ah yes, mini skirts and go go boots. Those were the days! Don't guess I'll be rocking that look again. Or maybe...
    Marcella :D
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,138 Member
    Options
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    Oh joy, I've found it on YouTube but don't know how to let you gals see and hear it.

It's named, The Manchester rambler, by the Spinners.

Oh boy do I ever miss those high moorland places, play it and you'll see what I mean because the scenery is shown.

Anne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv0OPOZBWxI
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Happy Wednesday! Happy Unanniversary to me!! 25 years married and 13 years before that makes 38 years since I met Babe; half of my life. I will probably stop there before bingo unless he comes here between doctor's appointments. I am fine and I do enjoy my life so God's plan for me is working.

The music from the 50's was quite different than these videos, Little Darling, shaboom shaboom life could be a dream, etc. These were my songs during my teen years and my favorite place to hang was just like a scene from Happy Days with the jukebox on the table booth. Good years, good times!! And yes I wore miniskirts in the 70's, really short miniskirts!

Jackie, thank you for the link, I will share it with Babe. He seems to like the new ear doctor and really hopes he finds something wrong so that is can be corrected. I would like that also so he once again at least go to movies and/or dinner.

Buzz, I am glad you were able to find the papers for the corrections of insurance payments. That has to be a load off your mind. Keep those legs up and take care of yourself.

Marie, glad to read on Facebook you got to go out with Alice, that had to be a great treat.

Enjoy your day and keep smiling, drives all the grouches crazy.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • Jacean2016
    edited September 2016
    Options
    And there you go, and I'm bawling again, in almost the same accent as the Spinners, only female!! Imagine Anne up there picking the Heather for drying at home for good luck.
    I've just learnt that the four Spinners are still with us, alive and well. Good news indeed.

Thanks SANDY, MARCELLE, and JACKIE, you are dolls!

Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Buzz, just saw this on Facebook so copied it for you and for anyone who is dealing with dementia!

nfdms937tg5c.jpg
  • linder4866
    Options
    I think I found a link to the Allan Sherman song........maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jjiWS__Mp0
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    You did, lots of fun LIN. And thanks to you too. I've so enjoyed listening to these old favourites. I see The Streak is in your video. Must listen to that again.
    Anne.
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Loved that one Lin! I probably know all the words. lol
  • Jacean2016
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Me again and back to Slim Whitman. Just read that he was more well known and appreciated in Great Britain than in the USA. Sad, wonderful falsetto voice.
    "The spinners, the city sings back"" Liverpool Lullaby (mucky kid)" is the recording I was going on about and although hers is nice, I prefer it to Cillas. It's sung with no background accompaniment, voice only if anyone's interested. On YouTube.
    Anne.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I am with Patsy as being a rocker and love the 60's , 70's and 80's music. I've heard of the Spinners but that is all. You guys are going way back. I enjoyed the Beatles and British Invasion that was my kind of music. Also the music during the Vietam times.

Yesterday was a perfect day for sailing. Dave and I went out yesterday and it was perfect conditions, hard to equal that day we really enjoyed it.

Marie - I am doing a 1200 calorie meal plan from Pinterst. The meals are all done for you but its only for 7 days so you will have to repeat the meals. I am on day 3 and have already lost some weight. Just trying to get back to eating less and no snacks.

Last night was a 12 hour fast and blood work today. I did have a breakfast sandwich instead of
    oatmeal after my blood work because I was on my way to yoga class.

We are leaving tomorrow for an overnight on the boat across the border with our friends. It has been cooling down here after yesterday's humidity so it should be great for sleeping.

Love the dog pictures, keep them coming.

Picture of Isaac with one of his sticks. He loves sticks.
    6y91ufngt1c8.jpg

Shirley
  • linder4866
    Options
    Ah yes, mini skirts and go go boots. Those were the days! Don't guess I'll be rocking that look again. Or maybe...
    Marcella :D

Why not? If you want to--do it! :D