Senior Golden Sneakers

Replies

• oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Well! It didn't work.... It is under Dr. Weil 60 seconds to sleep on YouTube. If you need help on sleeping, this might be helpful.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,359 Member
    Good day - I went to Qigong/Tai Chi this morning and met a friend at the book store after. We talked for quite a long time. She is going back to work half time. I was quite surprised. Meanwhile she apparently spoke to someone at the local bead shop who told her how much I admired a piece in the shop. She got it for me for my birthday. I am astounded. I know how much it cost and it is a very extravagent gift. Here's a photo. Need to get some walking in and tomorrow I leave early to meet a friend at the craft show.

xc5f3838tgmx.jpeg

I am still awestruck. Hugs to all my dear friends.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,267 Member
    oystereyes wrote: »
    Well! It didn't work.... It is under Dr. Weil 60 seconds to sleep on YouTube. If you need help on sleeping, this might be helpful.
    Patsy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4G31LGyog
  • Some kind of virus on my phone. Keeps popping up 'youve won....etc driving me Battier!!
    Sandy, I shared the video on Facebook yesterday. Jim's cousin is having terrible insomnia.
    Lin that is a gorgeous necklace, and you deserve it!! Happy birthday by the way , but when is it? I'm forgetful these days, did we miss it?
    Sandy have a wonderful trip, so glad Babe is generous too.
    Have a great evening.
    Phoebe
  • 6cookys
    6cookys Posts: 242 Member
    Phoebe. I keep getting that spin thing too, I have to turn my phone off to get read of it.

Sandy have a wonderful trip. My mom's family came from Thorp Wisconsin and other family in Cutehey, Millwaukee, and Soldiers Field.

Shirley what diet clinic are you going to.

Marie so glad you are doing so good.

Buzz keep taking care of yourself.

I am too darn busy any more. Tomorrow 50 th birthday party for my oldest son. Sunday a potluck picnic in the park. Monday quilt guild. Tuesday senior citizens lunch . And the rest of the week is busy too.
    In between the above we are cutting shrubs etc down for the winter. I am getting fabric ready for the retreat in a few weeks.

Have fun in what ever you are doing.
    Chris
  • Sandydur
    Phoebe, restart your phone and maybe change your password. Lin's boirthday is Sunday, the 25th. I would never let you miss it!! BTW, Babe is going to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, because the ear Doctor couldn't find anything wrong. Me thinks his son told him 5 doctors agreed he should go there since he and I both agreed he should when Babe was in the hospital. This is a good thing, I hope!

Sandy
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited September 2016
    WoW, dear LIN.....

Got my new printer set up and raring to go, but it left me exhausted! Since it was made around 2008, it needed many new updates, but I love it, and it helps to be so familiar with one's computer!

I'll be back with more time tomorrow, I hope. Meantime, sleep well y'all!

<3 Buzz

• I did some kind of clear browsing data and it did the trick so far.
    Thanks Sandy. I restarted my phone and changed my password too.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Well LIN, I know it's your birthday tomorrow, but just in case you sleep in, and then are rushing off to church and you are too busy to turn on the old iPad:-

MAY YOU HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW!!!!! Spoil yourself!
    Hugs from Anne and a big sloppy "Kiss". from Jilly. XXX.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,359 Member
    Good morning and thank you so much for the lovely wishes this morning!!! And yes I will likely be rushing off to church tomorrow but I am also rushing off this morning to stand in line for the craft show!!

Hugs.

Lin
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hello All,

We are getting a family portrait done today. Not sure how it will turn out as Joshua always hides his face and Sarah is too busy moving to stay still. It will be a challenge. We've been trying to schedule this for over a year but life keeps getting in the way. My sister, a new baby, the busy lives of our kids and grands. Cross your fingers.

Heading to Washington State on Monday if all goes well. That awful shooting was in the town next to my sister. Haven't heard from her yet. Will phone her this afternoon.

Jeri
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    A very happy birthday Lin! I know you will be doing something special with friends and it will not involve cake, but sweet lady, you are a sweetheart without it! Age does interesting things to people, I think. One sort of gets distilled. Personalities get concentrated. Sweet people get sweeter, grumpy people get grumpier. Anyway you are that sensitive sweet personality that just keeps getting sweeter.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Happy Saturday! :) Trying to organize myself for my Wisconsin trip, paying bills, mentally packing, etc. I think I will go to Mass at 5:00 so that tomorrow I can wash some last minute things and pack. I will be going with Bryanna to see Robby tomorrow so they can retake those family pictures. I need my Robby fix to last me through the week. lol

I guess my balcony furniture and grill will be in my house all week which doesn't make me happy but I am sure it will be fine. Will be happy when this balcony is done.

Have a great day!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • delraybuzz
    SANDY, do you have any idea what happened to my picture? It seemed to disappear when I tried to fix the post for LIN's birthday graphic and an error said I didn't have permission to do that! I must have broken a rule so they are punishing me?
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    edited September 2016
    Buzz, go back to your profile picture and see if it checked as your main picture. Otherwise you might have to upload it again. Somehow you deleted it from our feed but it does show up on your own page.

You might also want to clear your history and cookies.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Buzz- Sorry your picture didn't go through. I saw something was missing, but I can't help don't know what you did.

Chris- The diet clinic is called The Wharton Clinic in St. Catharines,ON. I tried printing out the sheets they want me to fill out, 4 in total, and our printer was not making good copies. So we are going to email our stationery store and see if they can print them out. Technology is great when it works.

Lin - I hope your birthday tomorrow is awesome and you do something for yourself. You are so kind to others. <3 That is a lovely necklace that your friend made for you. Wear it in good health.

Jeri- Good luck on the family photo.

Patsy - I will have to watch your video on sleep, although I sleep pretty good. I am familiar with that Holistic doctor.

Today was such a beautiful day we did our bike ride to Ridgeway today which covers 12 miles. We
    left early this morning and stopped in town for our breakfast. I actually got Dave to look in the stores
    with me. We went to the farmers market and met up with an old friend. His wife had a stroke 2 years
    ago and he found out his heart is only working at 25%. His doctor told him to lose 30 pounds so he is going to the Wharton Clinic too but his apt is before me. He has to quit work and cannot even mow his lawn because of his health. His wife is younger than me in years and he is 4 months younger than me.
    We were both shocked to hear this.

Now I am back home and catching up on the computer.

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    I did everything you suggested, but my photo seems banned from Senior Golden Sneakers forum. I must have done something really bad! I was trying to correct a graphic that came out wrong, and that error warning came on telling me I couldn't do that! Oh well, remember me, y'all! Gotta run. Have a super trip, and a great weekend, and Happy Birthday!
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Buzz,
    I wrote an email and got this response and viola your picture has returned.

Dear Sandy,

Thank you for being an active member of our MyFitnessPal Community!

I am not sure why that happened to her but we have fixed the issue and her profile image is showing up again.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.

Warm Regards,
    Alex
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited September 2016
    Buzz, you are a baaad girl, lol. Who knows? It might be the website but might be the browser. It may return without any help!
    Phoebe