Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    Oh Canada indeed!! Can you hear me singing?

Anne, will you start the Sneakers Refugee camp? A Visa can extend for six months right? Maybe we can visit Anne, Shirley, Jeri and Gayla? Are our dear Canadian friends starting to worry??

Actually I would love to see Jackie's corner of the world while I am dreaming here.

Hey, I got my errands completed this morning and even had a Maj during the game just before we finished for the morning next to the last tile!!!! Exciting. No one won the first game.

After lunch I started reading emails, doing my usual online scrabble, jigsaw puzzle etc. Totally forgot to throw a load of laundry in the washer. Well tomorrow morning after Tai Chi I guess.

At least there is no debate tonight. Thank goodness.

Best wishes tomorrow Barbie.

Hugs.

Lin
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Okay! I 'm in! We will team up and buy a senior golden sneaker condo in Anne's neighborhood. This thing has legs, as John says.
    Patsy
  • linder4866
    Options
    That's the spirit Patsy!!!!!

:D

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in. Now you have to realize it is a very old house, only 2 small bedrooms, so don't forget to bring your sleeping bags! We'd have to make the living room a dormitory. Jilly would be one very happy pup, and remember Canada isn't all fir trees, Mounties, Ojibway singing Indian Love Call and jovial French Canadians like I thought before I got here. However, on the plus side we do have Costco, Walmart, Starbucks and The Organic Garage for Lin. Oh and Lin, should you move on I'll join you on the plane to Cornwall because in the past, we as a family spent most of our vacations in Jackie's part of the U.K. That tells you something!
    Anne
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Lin, we may actually have to make that turn to Rescue you if your flooding in Iowa catches you. I know the news showed Cedar Rapids had water coming out of Windows! Be safe.
    Yes, must visit Cornwall too.
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hello my dears
    Waiting on my nurse then my hairdresser will be by to cut my hair and Jerry's too.
    Jerry gave me my shower this morning. Sure felt nice to get this old body clean up early in the morning.I think We will stop dtse bath lady and just let Jerry do it. I did not like the late afternoon for a shower.. Trying to get back to normal around here/ if there is such a thing.
    See you guys later
    <3 Marier
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Apples Anne???????????????????
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Hi MARIA, after last year's super bumper apples, the poor old trees are having a rest this year. Not much on either.
    Anne
  • linder4866
    Options
    And after eating so many apples Anne, you might need a rest from them!!

Hello - cloudy and chilly is the weather report from here. Cedar Rapids is now reporting the water levels are lowering so I won't need a rescue over here in DSM. Tai Chi this morning, a stop at Michael's with a fist full of coupons but didn't purchase. Was looking for postcards to color. My friend who had surgery today said she would like some but none were in stock. Then to the grocery store for10% off day. Home for lunch, my veggies were delivered and are put away in the refrigerator, and finally got that load of laundry finished. Baking a few little sweet potatoes (the heat in the house feels good). Gotta get moving again. Meeting a friend very early tomorrow morning for coffee and chat. Then on to the library for the usual Thursday group. Webinar when I get home.

Was excited to find many jigsaw puzzles at the senior center this morning. I found out you can just take home whatever you want and return them when You get around to it. Total honor system for those and for everything in the library. Nice to know.

Marie, you are getting all fixed up. Yippee! It reminded me I need to clip my fingernails. They always look horrible but are long and horrible now!!

Phoebe, I hope you are getting a bit of time to yourself while you are home.

Barbie, thinking of you today. I hope the surgery is over and you are down to the business of healing.

Talk you again soon.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I seem to have missed an entire group of posted information, including BARBIE's surgery! Lots of luck, dear! And I surely hope there will be room in that retirement cottage for a couple of senior (very) bats!
    Sorry to be so distracted, but problems apparent with Mike's lungs as they are filling up again! Difficult watching him trying to understand what's happening to my formerly vibrant and dashing spouse! I kidded him about dinner in Paris to celebrate our 39th anniversary but his response was not the old kidding answer! Sad, but hardly unexpected.
    Nice to learn about the trust enjoyed by LIN's senior center. Puzzles are great for eye/hand coordination!
    Thinking of you all!...
    <3 Buzz
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Wow, it's a wild and woolly day out there, the Bean and I nearly got blown away. High winds, dark clouds and rain. Jilly was most reluctant to put a paw over the threshold for the first time ever. However once out it was rather envigorating! To think only 5 months ago I wouldn't have dreamt of going out so early and in such conditions. The only living being we encountered was a lady struggling with an umbrella and clutching the leash of a small bedraggled poodle. It became all worthwhile for Jilly at that point because she can't resist yapping at poodles. Oh we met Harry from next door dashing to his truck, he did pause to pat Jilly! Maybe things will improve for our next struggle against the elements, but I doubt it. The CBC forecast was 5 days of the same.
    I hadn't realized BARBIE was having surgery either. Hope all went well for you Barbie.
    Anne, the windblown.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! We have another beautiful day. John finished painting his shop...thank God! It was quite a job. In my estimation, all it needed was a hosing off the dust and spiders, but I guess I was wrong. Anyway it is done and looks great. In our usual rusty red with brown trim. Some houses just seem to say "paint me this color, I will only be happy if I am this color!" This is a rusty red house with brown trim. Snuggled in a forest of Oregon green trees...it had to be red.

Barbie: wishing you a painfree and good recovery.

Anne: in truth, I believe that life requires an investment of courage! Trying new things, learning something new and sometimes it means taking a risk. Like raising a new puppy without a fenced in back yard and realizing how wonderful and time consuming they are. Puppies are exhausting but they add so much to our lives.

Buzz: we hear your heartbreak. It is worse than having the illness yourself- seeing your lifelong love in pain and distress. We stand by your side, we are with you in spirit.

Lin: you have just given me a great idea. I have huge collection of books that need a new home. The senior center...perfect!

Katie is calling for a treat and to go outside...
    Patsy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Buzz it is rought to see our love ones goes in distress. I need to somehow take Jerry check book away from him But do not know how to go about it. And many more little annoying things he does.
    I had a good lunch of of chili Mac Was really good. . starter using rice Pasta for the gluten free pasta. Not bad. Feel pretty good to be cooking tasty meals again. I am cutting down little bit. A little of this and a little of hat, I think I have really been over eating way to much.
    Barbie when is the surgery?
    <3 Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    All the Canada kibbitzing made me laugh. :)

Our company left today, Whew! It was fun seeing our friends but busy and lots of dishes. Kathy and Isaac came on Wednesday, and meeting "Annie" the australian shepherd did not go well. One look at her and he started crying, plus meeting our friends for the first time. He eventually calmed down and was
    good after that but still didn't like the dog. Maybe one day he will like dogs. LOL

We had so much fun with Isaac and I did manage one picture on my camera. He knows when the camera is on him and started smiling, so cute! He is interacting with grandma and grandapa and playing all the time and very busy!

Anne- Our weather here has turned too, lots of wind and rain the last few days and the temps are really dropping. I hope Jilly likes winter, LOL

Barbie - Good luck with your surgery and I hope all goes well. <3

Shirley

• linder4866
    Options
    Barbie posted on her news feed yesterday. Her surgery was yesterday and by last evening she had eaten and walked a bit. Great start Barbie!!!!!!
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Great, Great news BARBIE.

Well, we've had 6 walks in the rain today, 2 long, 2 medium and 2 short. Just one to go before bed.
    I guess you are doing the same PATSY?
    We've learnt who to greet and who to avoid on our treks. On the Negative. The baying Beagle boys, a rather nasty but beautiful white Samoyed. Is that right? And of course Mr Rottweiler. On the plus side, big, amiable Rheilly, little Beans the dachshund puppy, Trouble, and best of all Amy. Jilly runs up to Amy, who is about spaniel size, goes as tall as she can and puts her paws on 8 year old Amy's shoulders to thoroughly lick Amy's face. Amy lets her! I wonder if Jill thinks Amy's her mom or vice versa? The main thing is that all this socializing makes Jill a very friendly dog and she's very good with all the little boys and girls around here who love to cuddle her. I've always had an early morning walk but NOT in the wind and rain of this morning. It was a speedy walk with no one out and about.

I'm not sure about the snow though SHIRLEY. Maybe this year will be mild? Otherwise I could well lose The Bean in a snowdrift! A friend suggested an orange coloured winter dog coat with flashing beacon attached to collar!

BUZZ, I just haven't the words to let you know just how sorry I am. Terribly hard on you. Terribly hard on Mike.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    I echo Anne's comment Buzz. What a tough situation you face each day. I am sorry. Ike continues to have more and more health issues. Health care providers are taxed beyond their abilities with complex cases.

Shirley, I am sorry Isaac did not get along well with the dog. Maybe when he's older. But if not he'll certainly find some other type of great pet.

Anne, what a lot of walks!! I had to take my dog out for about a year until my fence was installed. I will admit to being relieved when I could let him out to race around the backyard and to stand up with his front legs up over the deck railing and observe the activity in the neighborhood.

Patsy, I am glad the painting project is complete. I agree with you, it seems some houses just require a certain color. I am glad your house told you what is right. :D

I had a great day. My friend and I got together early and she stayed for several hours which made her very late for work. Then several hours with the Thursday morning ladies. Home, lunch, webinar, finished a puzzle because I seem to have a compulsion when it comes to puzzles.

Tai Chi tomorrow, new glasses to pick up and then probably meeting a friend to see Sully. Unfortunately she has had a medical issue pop up and has to see the doctor in the morning so we'll see what happens.

Onward to try to catch up a bit. (Did get a load of laundry done and put away.).

Wishing you all of life's good things.

Hugs.

Lin

v16xhes2gizg.jpg
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Lin! Is this one of yours? Beautiful! We have some trees like this that I'd love to decorate,but I would be afraid of the top part.
    Buzz, I know Mike, and you,are frightened, it's so hard to go thru shortness of breath. Prayers and thoughts are with you and him.
    Barbie, glad to hear your surgery went well. Hope you'll be careful and then be fit as a - a line dancer!!!
    Marie, I don't know what you can do unless maybe turn your finances over to your children. Then you wouldn't need a checkbook. If you don't have to pay for the nurse to come out, you might want to reconsider the shower. Jerry might get pretty tired doing all of that on a daily basis.
    Sandy, and Jackie, hope you're having fun.
    Shirley, we have a great-niece that is terrified of dogs. She's always been that way.
    Patsy, your colors sound just right. Hug Katie for me, please.
    Anne, that's a lot of wet walking! I hope you are well enough for it. Love your description of Jilly's friends and foes. We've had nary a drop here. Dry and crunchy.
    My aunt said she had been thinking about me and almost called me this morning. Now she believes she's telepathic! I showed up just in time, lol. She is about the same. Doesn't remember much, but she still knows everyone. She keeps forgetting that her living arrangements are permanent. We walked all over, she introduced me to lots of people, like I hadn't been there ever. She also asked some strange questions when we were at the nurses station. She wanted a key for her door(they don't have locks) a few other things.
    I've got a good handful of things to do, but I'm ready for bed! Tomorrow, tomorrow, etc.
    But first, a local animal shelter had an auction on Facebook. Here is one item I won that I really hoped to win.
    ackuym2zl71l.jpg
  • linder4866
    Options
    Phoebe, that is totally beautiful!!!! I am so glad you won it. Is it the original art work? A print?? Where will you display it? Great cause.

The puzzle I put together and posted the photo above is one I borrowed from the Senior Center. I will take it back tomorrow.

Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd is on hold for me at the library. Yippee. Extra stop will be needed tomorrow.

Time for sleep.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    MARIE, when I felt Mike could no longer drive safely, I managed to "lose" his car keys in the wash! Is there anyone at the bank with whom you are friendly enough to discuss how other clients have handled the problem successfully? I know men resent giving up areas they have taken care of all their lives, but it can get very dangerous if you just ignore the problem of money handling! On the other hand, he might feel relieved!
    LIN, as usual, your approach to coloring is unique and interesting! Is that tree a plate? I don't blame PHOEBE for remarking about it!
    I again want to thank you all for your support at this time. This is one of the few places I dare express what I'm feeling as I would not want one word getting back to Mike! It's difficult enough for him, poor dear! Now I must get badly needed sleep.
    This is actually the second 1/2 of a post the website tells me is too long. I don't understand the limit!