Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Ditto BUZZ, happy anniversary.

Guess what it's doing outside. No prizes if you guessed raining! Again!

I might have solved the problem of the unfenced yard. Might because Jill hasn't quite clued in this first time. Or has she?

I've acquired a screw in the ground hook, attached to which is a long long leash, and to which one is supposed to attach one small dog.
    Problem, attached small dog sat looking at me in the rain, head on one side, and apparently thinking "come on Anne, what are you doing lurking in the doorway, lets go WALKIES." She's very smart which means she will either catch on and gallop onto our lawn, or she will catch on and think "you ain't getting away with this, lets go WALKIES!"

I'm getting used to being outsmarted by one smart dog. Sigh.

Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,166 Member
    Options
    That is interesting Anne. I would likely bet on Jilly Bean. :D

Running late. Off to church.

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    To dearest Buzz and Mike

vmc8x0sw6x47.jpg

It really does sound like you and Mike.
    Hugs and warm wishes
    <3 Jackie
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Buzz and Mike!!
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For LIN, score: Jilly 5 - Anne 0

On the plus side, I went to Hikers Haven and bought myself a gorgeous fur trimmed red parka made in Canada. This is for walking The Bean, and I was going to throw my ancient 26 year old parka out, (I deserve a new one don't you think!) BUT it's too gorgeous to walk Jilly! Made the young chap who sold me it smile. It's fairly expensive despite a discount and I said I wouldn't probably get my money's worth out of it. "Why ever not" he asked "it should last for ever", so I told him I wasn't going to last for ever and as I was heading for my 81st it would be most annoying if I only got one winter out of it! Can't wait for it to snow, it really is gorgeous. Now I've got to find something warm for our Jilly and we'll be all set.
    Made Michael his favourite bacon and egg pie for lunch, all in all a very good day.
    Anne
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Anne - the jacket sounds lovely and warm. I think you should get some use this winter at least. I hear it will be a cold and snowy one. Now for a snuggly jacket for Jilly.

Dave has everthing out of the garage and its been washed down twice. Now for the next step of sealing it. This will be an all week project. He left the garbage cans out on the patio all night and guess who
    left a mess this morning, the racoons.
    I decorated for autumn in my front entrance today and my flowers have been relegated to the front.
    I did laundry today as I have a doctor apt. tomorrow morning so I am one step ahead.

Happy Anniversary Mike and Buzz!!

3558914ksbdzrjecb.gif[/url]
  • linder4866
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good evening. It was a busy day. Trader Joe's, Sunday school, church, cleaned up communion, then went out to check on a friend. She didn't' come to church and wasn't answering her phone which troubled me. I took her the little package of things I had gotten for her at TJ's. She was home and said she was ready to come to church and then didn't feel well so stayed home. She apparently fell asleep in her chair as she didn't hear her phone ring. After a visit I drove home, made and chomped down my lunch. Finished straightening for tomorrow's furnace service call, worked on my jigsaw puzzle for a while and read for a while. Now I have hundreds of emails to sort through. Time to try to clean out my inbox.

Hugs.

Lin

Anne, maybe you can get a jacket for Jilly that matchs the color of yours. It sounds lovely by the way.
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind thoughts and graphics.
    JACKIE, I was so moved by your words I used them in the card I made for my sister and her husband on their coming anniversary. Thanks so much!
    <3 Buzz
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    At the boat today and cleaned up, wrapped everything in bags and brought some things home. One more night on the boat for our Tom Turkey party then up in the cradle for the winter. Another summer gone but today was warm and beautiful. We had lunch after that and now home. Trying to think what
    to make for dinner.

Have a good evening everyone.

Shirley
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Anne, we need photos to be able to see your coat more clearly. Jilly's too when she gets hers.
    Work work.
    Phoebe
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    special to Buzz and Mike
    1012247u28zdbjoze.gif
    With lots of love in their heart just look at the love in thheir eyes
    Love you both Spend every minute you can with Mike. I know how special he is to you he is pretty special to us too..Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    t69067.gif Happy Anniversary, Buzz and Mike

:) I have been home from the hospital for a few days and glad to be here. Jake is doing all the chores and making sure that I don't over do. He walks the dogs but not as long as I did, but they are OK with that. I have found a balance between walking, sitting in the chair, reclining in the recliner, and sleeping. Letting someone else take care of me has been difficult because I am used to doing everything for myself. We're taking this recovery one day at a time.

<3 Barbie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Good to bear from you Barbie. Yes, one day at a time. Allowing someone to take over your care must be very difficult.

I have had the furnace i specter, cleaned, etc. as well as the humidifier and the electronic air filter. One issue remains and I hope to hear from the company later this week. Some cleaning and a trip to finish purchasing a bit more for the wedding gift and a quick stop at the library were also on my agenda for the day.

When I visited my friend yesterday I was attacked by biting gnats. I am just a mass of itching swollen spots and frankly if I had any allergy medicine I might be tempted to take it. I took a shower this evening and slathered myself in calamine lotion. I am still scratching like mad.

Well, I am going to get a glass of water and try to stop this incessant scratching.

Hugs.

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Gnats; ugh! Hope you get rid of the itches, LIN!
    SHIRLEY, another boating season finished! May you enjoy many more.
    MARIE, what a specially sweet message! Mike feels he knows you and all our SGS friends, and your message will be very much appreciated by both of us when I see him tomorrow!
    BARBIE, glad to hear you are allowing yourself a bit of pampering from JAKE. I'm sure it makes him happy, as well. Just heal well and don't rush things ad you will be good as new once you are up and about!
    Thanks PHOEBE, MARCELLA, ANNE, and all of you who wished us well, and I don't mean to leave anyone out so one big blessing on all of you!
    ANNE, I agree we must see that indulgent new coat that will make your 80s into a fabulous decade! Of course you deserve it!
    Now, since I finally got to bed this morning as the sun was rising, I'm about to make up for it by slinking off to sleep! I know SANDY's vacationing, but where's PATSY?
    <3 Buzz
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hello! I have also been enjoying a curious allergy! Since John's big painting event, the dust, pollen, paint fumes have been an interesting irritant. Sneezing, coughing, runny nose and headache! Oh Joy! Let me say folks! When I am miserable I let the world know loud and clear. I whine and fuss and make life a trial for everyone around me. Today I feel better. The paint on the shop is dry (sort of) and it is raining. Oddly that has helped.

More important! A very belated happy anniversary to Buzz and Mike. John and I have been married much longer than you two. You are just newly weds! You are blessed to have each other. I know something like this has been done many times before, I suggest you slip off your shoes and slide in bed next to your dear Mike. You will sleep better and you know Mike will enjoy your company!

Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    Options
    Buzz and Mike,
    2000669xcufw7l7iq.gif

Buzz and Mike, Barbie and Jake and all our Jewish friends,

zuvo9cjgadn7.jpeg
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Buzz and Mike. Big hugs.

We are having fun at my sisters. Not doing much but enjoying being with her.

Here is a couple of the photos from the recent photoshoot

4yg0q6p88hj2.jpeg

k4d1xfb74jl2.jpeg

Best wishes to all,

Jeri
  • linder4866
    Options
    Beautiful family Jeri!

Good morning. Still digging at all these bites. They are all over my neck, back, stomach, etc. Massively annoying. Now I need to go and sit still and concentrate for Mah Jong. Yep, that's not likely! Then several errands before finally returning home sometime this afternoon.

Be well. Hugs.

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    hope those bites are under control by now must have been bad
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,113 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! :) I almost went through withdrawal without my phone or internet working.
    I had a great time but glad to be home, although I got a call from Babe on the way home and he is leaving for Mayo Clinic in Minnesota tonight. I will be watching Daisy which means sleeping at his house once again. I am glad Babe is going to find out about the dizziness but not thrilled to be staying at his house. I love being with Daisy but prefer the comfort of my own home. He will be there three to seven days unless they find something quickly, which I hope they do but hope it is minor. One Day at a Time.

It took me forever to read all the posts I missed but I did read them. Buzz, you got married to Mike at the same age I married Babe and Babe was 53. I loved Patsy's suggestion of crawling into bed with Mike and hope you took her advice. Barbie, glad your surgery is over and wish you a speedy recovery. I don't have to tell you how important therapy is because I know you will do whatever it takes to get back to walking the dogs and dancing. Lin, I would suggest benadryl for your itching. To everyone else, please forgive me for not responding to all the posts but there are only so many hours in a day. lol I have to pack a bag and get myself together for my next adventure.

Have a great day,
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time