Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Saving that video for tomorrow as the computer keeps stalling tonight. I think comcast is forever working on new ables or something! Good luck to PHOEBE and JIM tomorrow. I hope I'm finished taking colonoscopies! Goodnight all...
    <3 Buzz
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,120 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! :) Just popping in to wish Jim and Phoebe good luck today. Hopefully I can pop in everyday to say hello but if not have a good week, I hope to do the same.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your condolences and well wishes. It was not an enjoyable trip. I was tired and, to stay awake while driving, I munched all the way there and all the way back. I returned home late Saturday and slept and rested until this morning. Now that I am back, I feel the need to change up my routines a bit. I will probably be checking in with MFP only weekly for a couple of weeks. So, if you don’t hear from me as much, that is why.

Wishing everyone a wonderful week.
    Marcella
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    OK Marcella, this is a great time of year to refocus. It's certainly much easier to go for a walk. Yay! 72F on Thursday!! Today is the last day to be considered hot @ 87 degrees. And Marcella, that is Exactly what happens to me when driving. I munch. All the time. So far, I've only managed to focus on high fiber snacks. But overall, I need to be more aware of my calories.
    Goods news for Jim. All clear. No biopsy needed. No polyps. So glad that's over for another five years for him. It wears Me out!!
    Speaking of which, I desperately need a nap!
    Safe travels, Sandy.
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Phoebe - Happy days for Jim, I know how that procedure goes. No fun, prep worse than procedure.
    Glad everything is okay!

Lin - I hope you had a fabulous Birthday for a fabulous friend that you are. :) I love that cake that
    Sandy posted.

Marcella - I know what you mean about changing things up. I feel that way too and find I am rushing to post sometimes because there are so many things I should be doing.

Sandy - Enjoy your week in Wisconsin. See you when you get back!

Jackie - What a great video of the animals including the funny chickens with slippers. Very entertaining.

Patsy -We are winding down with our sailing too. Dave went to the boat today to take the sails down.
    Yesterday he brought home our jackets and liquor. Still more to do. We still have one more club party in October then we can haul it out of the water.

Anne - I hope you enjoyed your DQ, love that ice cream or just ice cream in general. LOL

I have been busy since yesterday making food for our company which is coming tomorrow.
    I have an apt at 11:00 am tomorrow for the field vision test for my eyes. Then our company should be
    coming after that with their dog Annie. Rain is predicted for the next few days so we will probably be
    inside. Wednesday Kathy is coming with Isaac, I hope he likes the dog.

I was thinking about taking group voice lessons but I checked my calendar and I will missing the first two lessons so I decided maybe this isn't the year for that. So I emailed my director and told her so.

Just finished making homemade soup and will get some groceries now and go to the bank.

Shirley

• Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Great minds think alike SHIRLEY. With the chilly rainy day I'm making chicken veggie soup from the chicken carcass which we had over the weekend.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Oh Dear,

LIN - I missed your birthday. Head hung in shame. Happy happy Birthday.

Photoshoot was so much fun. The photographer was a friend of Melissa's when she was a kid. We all knew her and she had a great way of relaxing everyone. Even if the pictures didn't turn out I know everyone had a fabulous time. Here are a couple teasers. We'll get the originals in a few days.

5al83xq24b99.jpeg
    the 0j8mmjct5n50.jpeg

Heading for Washington tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing my sister.

Jeri
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Jeri this has to be a first for me. More kids than adults. So adorable. enjoy your visit with your sister. by the way how is she doneing?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My new rocer bags I pick up at Walmart the other day. Noting but plant food in them. [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/h4/9yh3pzi5c5d8.jpg[/im Marie[/img]
    Options
    Veg soup here too! Great minds, etc. Jeri, those photos aren't traditional, and that's the best thing about them! So much love and happiness.
    Marie, I like your grocery bags. I have to stop buying the bags, my car is full of them!
    I'm still sleepy, night.
    Phoebe
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Was hoping for more time today but somehow all sorts of thing keep popping up, including a couple of phone messages I just cannot make out...yet I think they are from either Hos[ice doctor or nurse! I hate mumbled messages!
    PHOEBE , hooray for Jim's results. SANDY, wishing you a un trip. SHIRLEY, that group voice lesson sounds intriguing! JeRI, what fabulous pictures...as usual! ANNE, save me some soup; yum! MARCELLA, recoup as long as you need! MARIE.
    Sorry, but I have just a couple of minutes to clear the counter before the big debate, so I'm dashing off! We used to attend so many concerts at Hofstra, but tonight I'll simply watch and listen and grind my teeth!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I got some of the work in the basement cleared up today and made some phone calls and an online chat with one of my credit card companies. So I will take that as a productive day. Need some more of them though to catch up a bit more.

Marcella, we will see you when you have time to be here. Do what is right for you and your well-being.

Phoebe, glad Jim's test is over and hope you both get some rest.

Buzz, I understand, things pop up each day don't they? And everything takes more time than I think it should.

Marie, good to see you.

Jeri. I love the photos. Is one picture a follow the leader? :)

Anne, I am odd gal out today. I did not make soup. I made a big bowl of salad. And it is all gone and I need to cut up more vegetables again!

Tomorrow I hope to get to my credit union, a quick stop at a grocery store and a nice long game of Mah Jongg. Then back to paperwork I hope.

Hugs to all.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    I took the Bean out by the light of the silvery moon today. 6:30 am. Amazing what you can see in the dark! The early risers and their bedroom lights on, everything else peaceful, no cars. What a contrast at 7:45 our second walk and sniffle. Kids waiting for school buses to be run up to, other dogs to be barked at, Amy and her human to be licked, squirrels everywhere, work crews arriving to give us new telephone etc wires, and the low sun rising. Quite exhausting, the second walk, I shall make a cup of coffee and Jilly's already curled up snoozing.
    Another bowl of chicken soup for lunch, mmm.
    I watched the first half hour of THE debate and the two old age pensioners, then ambled off to bed. I thought the make up department did a good job on the pair of them. Did I miss anything important? The world carries on its daily trek around the sun, and the politicians come and the politicians go. Me too, I must do some tidying up today in my own little plot.
    Anne
    Options
    Printing some address labels so I'm saying hello from my laptop.. 1st in a long time for me. I should really take it downstairs.. Leaving the printer upstairs?
    getting clothing washed today. Tomorrow I will visit my aunt. Thursday I will run some errands Then depending on how Jim feels, we will return to work on Friday.. maybe Saturday.
    Hope Sandy is having fun in Wisconsin.
    Anne, it is so good for you and Jilly to take these walks.. I want to walk Honey like that.. just a 10 or 15 minute walk. Okie wants to follow us, and I am afraid he will one day. The only thing I can do is lock him indoors.. poor thing. He loves Honey.
    ok, off to the post office to mail my packages.
    Phoebe
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Watched the debates and have decided the only option for me is to move to Mars or that new moon off Saturn with the waterspouts. I was not meant to live in today's world.

John stepped on a huge slug while immersed in the big shop painting effort. He tracked it in on the carpet. This is a slugs revenge. This goo cannot be removed easily. Oh you cannot imagine the mess!

Computers do have that mythical Union. When one breaks down, all other computerized devices strike in sympathy. My iPad, Mac computer and John's PC all hate one another. They have locked up some of my work and will not let me have any of it. A small hammer or a flame thrower could solve this problem.

Have a nice day folks. One of my scheduled activities is the twice a week brush-brush of Katie. She steals my socks and kitchen towels right off the counter. She hides them in her secret place and sort of buries them under invisible leaves and dirt. Strange but then that's our Katie.

Packing to move to outer space but still need transportation.
    Patsy
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    There's always Canada PATSY. I fell in love with British Columbia, the city of Victoria, oh, and the beautiful flower gardens. Gardeners delight! Drawback, houses are VERY expensive I believe. You could motor up, no space ships needed!
    Anne.
    Options
    Patsy, we may have to mount our brooms
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    PATSY, Back to moving to Canada, doesn't your son own a boat? Land at night! I don't think Mars has art galleries or shops that sell pots of paint so you would be most unhappy there!
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,176 Member
    Options
    We could drive. Phoebe make a left and head to Iowa. We can just head North. My passport is ready.

Lin
    Options
    Oh Canada!!!!