Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Marie - Sorry hon, you are having so many troubles lately. I hope too that your sugar will go down after your antibiotics.

Anne - Loved the sweater color you picked for Jilly. It looked nice on her so curious to see the other one after you are done.

Lin - Enjoy your day of activities.

Sandy- I guess you are taking care of Babe when he gets home. What were the results of his tests?

Marcella - Your son is one lucky guy to get his phone back and all his information.

Phoebe - Have you ever tried Oxyclean on your rugs mixed with water? It really cleans nice. I hope your rug turned out good.

Not much going on today, I had choir last night and now we have 42 members in our choir, it is expanding. Our concert is on December 4th and it will be here before we know it.

I have an apt. with the diet clinic tomorrow so interesting to see how much they can tell me that I don't already know and what their plan is.

Shirley
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,136 Member
    Options
    Anne, maybe you are not happy with your creation but the bean is CUTE and looks smashing in red!!!!

Lin
  • delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Adorable Jilly! No time after reading all the posts, but you've all covered what I would have said except for the trouble SANDY had with posting on MFP. It won't accept your post unless you sign in with you password if it doesn't recognize the computer! I had that all last week while Dell was working on m software! I just couldn't figure it out, but that's the answer! Gotta run get Mike and deliver his meds before dinner. so see ya'll manana! ;)
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    I think Jilly looks grand in her sweet sweaters. She isn't smiling, lol. She's so cute.
    Patsy, does Katie need a sweater or a raincoat in winter?
    The rug is doing ok so far. It has plenty of time to dry. There is no rain in the forecast.
    Shirley, thanks for the oxyclean tip. That would've been better than scrubbing bubbles. The cats like sleeping on the rug draped over the table. :D it'll be vacuumed when we bring it indoors.
    I'm patching my comforter today. Tomorrow laundry. Friday ill probably visit my aunt. Saturday and Sunday we attend the airshow. Looking forward to that. Monday, pack up, and Tuesday we go to work :( .
    Tonight we are having Mexican chicken. The instant pot really saves time with that.
    Have a good evening.
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just got back from walkies. Jilly was as warm as toast! Can't resist showing you the full look! Mind you she had to be dragged out from under the coffee table before we went out. We got a few smiles. Goodnight from us, and no more photos, promise!
    Anne and Jilly.
    lhigxicasv3l.jpg
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Jilly is adorable no matter what sweater she wears and red is her color.

Jackie - Really cute picture of George's double, have you found a place for it yet?

Shirley
  • delraybuzz
    Options
    I have shocking (to me, anyway) news tonight. As I was preparing to relax after a very pleasant dinner with Mike and another couple, there was a knock on my door and a security staff asked me to accompany her to the 3rd floor. I insisted she explain why, and her answer was "He's gone!" I think I can truthfully say I simply was not prepared, and still cannot believe it! I am not feeling like sleeping, and I needed to share this with my dear Sneaker friends. His depression was so sad to watch, and I can only hope he is in a better place now!
    <3 Buzz
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Buzz, indeed such a shock for you ,us, and all of his friends there. I'd noticed that from your information, he was declining but I didn't think he was ready as long as he had his oxygen. I was concerned about his difficulty with eating, but I thought it would take quite a while for that to affect him.
    I am sending hugs to you, wish it was more. You took such good care of him. I hope he is his old bright happy self now. You will see him again. Much love to you.
    Phoebe
  • linder4866
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Oh my dear Buzz---I am incredibly sorry for your loss. I am shocked at this sudden news. God bless you and hold you up. Love you my friend.

Lin
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dear BUZZ, I am so very sad you have suddenly lost Mike. We are never prepared. PHOEBE is right, you will be together again. God bless you.
    Love from Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Dearest Buzz, I'm so very sorry and like you, shocked to learn that Mike has gone. If we do go to a better place then for sure he'll be there because his decline in health would never have been what he'd have wanted or expected. Thank goodness you are surrounded by good friends who can now offer you the support you've so often extended to them.

You know I'm thinking of you and send hugs and my love. <3
    Jackie
  • linder4866
    Options
    Dearest Buzz,

1652187znzfwis758.gif

Lin
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Feeling much netter this morning. maybe be able to go to Walmart today,no nlister on my legs..Sore seems to ne gone.At long last

Love marie
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Buzz, while i have only known you for short time really, it is true that there seems to be a connection that is beyond understanding. I understand your loss and a feeling of relief that Mike is no longer suffering. It is really important for you to remind yourself, you did take such amazing care of your sweetheart. You constantly teach us about pushing through tough situations, dealing with life's changes. We all wish we were at your side, holding your hand. We can't make it better but we can try to help shoulder some of the grief and loss. Reaching across the miles to walk beside you during this sad time.
    Patsy
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Buzz, I am so very sorry, please accept my sympathy.

lowd6hc7vg0s.jpg

Love you,
    Sandy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :'(:'(:'(Buzz,

2131596huvrogyuwz.gif
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Buzz - So sorry. Words seem inadequate Sending you hugs.
    Marcella
  • delraybuzz
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Your response to Mike's passing is so uplifting, warm and enfolding, it reminds me thoroughly of the "thread that binds"! This morning was rather embarrassing as I broke down every time I met or spoke to someone. As the day wore on, my response to the shock and grief of others was to try to comfort them! My own reaction became more contained. By evening (yes, I went down to dinner as originally planned), I was able to become part of the group and actually handled all my empathizing friends without breaking down! So I am not too worried about my reaction to the planned service on Sunday at 2 PM, as I am among very caring people simply sharing a similar grief for a man who loved kidding with humanity and was welcomed and loved by just about everyone who knew him. I either missed the many subtle clues, or misunderstood his rapid decline, but the entire professional staff did the same thing! Everyone reacted with shock and disbelief, and a huge outpouring of affection and sympathy. From wherever. Mike had to be beaming back! Our granddaughter from Hawaii/Oregon, called to say she is coming on Saturday and would like to stay several days, and our corporation is not charging me for the mini-suite she will be using! Another new friend sitting at our dinner table insisted on picking Meg up at the airport, and I invited myself along! Here it was, less than 24 hours following the shocking loss, and I was able to look forward to life again! Mike's musician DD is planning to speak and also use her iPod to play his very favorite music, Exodus, and his kids (middle aged!) will all be here, while mine are trying to decide if it would be better to be here after the memorial and crowds have dispersed, leaving me more alone. Either choice is fine with me, as truly I feel suddenly stronger and understand I am not alone! The hospice Social Worker called and offered help and advice plus counselling if necessary, and I cannot praise that group enough for everything they gave us both! I highly recommend considering them if the need arises, and it is not true one must leave Medicare or HMO's any longer! The groups work together seamlessly! In our case, even the VA cooperated with both and all medications (plus every comfort imaginable) were covered by one or the other!
    I do hope my experience will be of some help in the future,...and may no one need it for a very long time!
    Thank you, each and all, for putting up with me during this difficult period and helping me with your own insights along the way.
    MARIE, I hope you continue to improve, dear little sis, and do not rush to do more than you are comfortable doing so you don't relapse! You and your dear Jerry must try to stay well!
    Oh, my, 3:13 AM! Enough rambling, I'm off to bed!
    <3 Buzz o:)