Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• delraybuzz
    delraybuzz Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Computer problems; invaded by malware that locked my computer yesterday! Seems it got into Chrome and I was able to open Explorer to allow Dell in and fix everything but now most of my cookies are missing! Oh well, at least I found us!
    SANDY, for some reason, the bottom of that ROBBY video allows everything but close! No X, No shut-off, weird! I will have Robby forever! Not bad!!! Maybe we can fix him up with adorable MAGGIE, if JERI agrees.
    JACKIE, believe it or not, I fell asleep as the great debate started, thank goodness,...or I would have been ill! I cannot believe a grown person in public life has never learned name calling is an infantile expression. But then I never watched his you're fired program, so I don't know where he's coming from. I just worry the rest of the world sees all of us normal American folk as ill-mannered boors! Really, world, we try to be pleasant, caring, and normally well-mannered!
    MARIE, and ALICE dear daughter, we all are hoping you stay well and no more problems with clots or anything else! This aging process is definitely not for the weak.lol
    I've been up for hours now, trying to straighten out my computer. Yesterday, Comcast gave us no digital service...phone, internet and TV..Service sucks! I will call them and ask for credit.
    Gotta get up fully now and make my coffee. I am using Amazon Pantry deliveries now, which cuts down most grocery trips. WOW!
    Please forgive me for not addressing each of you dear friends, but I'm ready to dop as I wakened at around 4 AM and need my caffeine!
    <3 Buzz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,161 Member
    Options
    Good to hear that Marie is home. Hope we'll see you soon dear friend.

And Buzz, your ability to straighten things out is astounding. I wish I could do as well! It is so essential to have our Internet and phone connections. I am sorry Comcast let you down. Glad your slept through the debate, grab your sleep whenever you can and the sound bites of the highlights (or low lights) are replayed endlessly. We have early voting in our state and several libraries are voting sites. Friends, the parking lots are busier than I have ever seen them and while I have been at one library, there is a steady trickle of voters. I will be beyond glad when the election is over, the fighting over the results is over, and he have a new President in place.

Meanwhile, I will continue coloring and reading.

Off to Tai Chi/Qigong. It is cold and I am wearing a coat and gloves this morning. Brrrr.

Hugs.

Lin

P.S. JERI, CUTE CUTE CUTE digital scrap booking pictures. And wow, making crossword puzzles. Tomorrow is the all-day scrap booking day at my church. If I am in the neighborhood I might stop by to take a look at all the projects.
  • Jacean2016
    Jacean2016 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Just me popping in to say we are having a second dreary, dismal day. I shall try and toddle off to Chapters for cards and a book if the rain eases, oh, and less exciting for groceries, mustn't forget the Beans chicken supply!

BUZZ, and all our American friends, are you aware that a site is on Facebook, I believe, for Canadians to sign in and let you all know how you folks south of our border are highly regarded and liked by us northerners. Unfortunately I can't use it, but I want you to count me in! You for instance, are an extremely likeable bunch of gals, and I personally whilst working never met an American contractor or engineer spoken to on the phone that I didn't like. For instance two of our contractors sensed I guess that I was short of cash at that time and at month end before returning home, would take me out for lunch with them at some very nice restaurants. I will never forget the kindness of Paul and Rich.

Most of the world is aware that the "infantile grown person" and often charismatic character to some, is something that pops up from time to time in ALL countries. As we used to say "there's one born every day" unfortunately.
    Anne.
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    Well, well my bees are still as feisty as ever so became decidedly cross with me just now as I did my best to extract one super of stored honey but then I suppose if they spent most of the summer collecting supplies they are bound to be just a little pee'd at someone taking it all from under their roof! I'm now going to mix up sugar syrup to compensate.
    A beautiful day, warm and sunny as our seasons become increasingly confused, or is that confusing? George chased a jogger this morning, growling and grumbling all the way so we are having a strict day at home and wow, it seems to be working because when I told him to stay in the cottage when I went back to the hive to collect the still smoking smoker I was somewhat surprised to find on my return he'd done as he was told!! Patsy, this training lark is not as easy as any of us would imagine and I'm the first to admit consistency goes out the window with me at times so of course George is going to test me especially when he does a Katie with bottom and wagging tail in the air!! At least Brady the not so kitten any more, is calming down and no longer giving me heart failure every time he jumps or climbs!
    Buzz, Anne's right about our perception of your elections since it's obvious your choices this time round were limited through no fault of your own. Two people showing themselves up to look bad does not a nation make and the British media spends a lot of time out and about various states asking the American public what they think of what's been happening and most answers are intelligent and articulate so please don't worry on that score.

Sandy ~ Thank you for making contact with Alice so we know what's happening with Marie.

I must get on because my day seems to be flying away from me. Hello to everyone I missed. <3
    Jackie
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,111 Member
    Options
    CUBS WIN! Happy Friday! :) Finally a day at home to myself. I am thinking of doing laundry but might just wait until Monday since I have to pack a bag for Babe's house. Went and watched Frozen with Robby and Lisa at their house, cute movie. He has a croupy cough but still is in a good mood and still so cute.
    I was home in time to watch the Cubs win and now my ex husband and my son want me to make no plans for Saturday other than to watch the Cubs. Each time I watched them they won, the two days I didn't they lost. Coincidence? I think not! lol

I am so grateful we have Alice to keep us informed about Marie. I didn't want to bother her on her birthday but we were all concerned so I felt a message would be okay. Poor Marie has been through so much lately, but happy to hear she had no blood clots and was resting at home.

I did not watch the debate, the Cubs were just more interesting and since you are all voting for me, I didn't think they stood a chance.

Jeri, could your granddaughter get any cuter??? I think Robby and Isaac will be fighting over her in years to come. :)

Buzz, not sure why the player doesn't work for you, but hope it doesn't play each time you open the sneakers forum.

Have a wonderful day everyone!! I think it is time for me to start working my program again and lose some weight!!

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    Options
    Nice day here, wow big difference from yesterday temperature in the 60s and yesterday almost 90!!! Glad Marie is resting at home.
    Buzz, I Know the world is watching and laughing, but not at us, at the candidates. Maybe we aren't laughing so much because we have to live with the winner!!
    Sandy, if everyone knew that you influenced the Cubs, you'd have a lot of invitations!! Lol. Good to see these two teams going to the World Series. So it's next week when Babe goes back ?
    Lin, not quite coat weather here, but soon. Sounds like fun to go to the scrapbooking event, so many ideas!
    Jeri, how is your hand?? Love the digital page. So sweet.
    Got to get back to laundry, truck laundry. I have some rugs that are spot clean only, so I hang them outside, spray with water hose, follow with scrubbing bubbles. Then air dry. I like to pack it all away in the car to make room for mopping the floors.
    Patsy, what a cute image of Katie wiggling her bottom. <3 .
    Anne, do you take a cart with wheels when you shop? Hug ms. Jilly for me.
    Back to it!
    Phoebe
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sandy Robby was adorable singing his Fight song even though he wasn't feeling good. :)

Marie So happy to hear you are home again from the ER and no blood clots. <3 I hope you stay healthy for a while. Thinking about you buddy. <3

Jeri A beautiful family picture of the new grandbaby. So sweet! Enjoy Banff its so beautiful there and maybe you will share a picture or two?

Raining here today just like in Anne's neck of the woods. I took down the bird bells and Niger seed
    feeders down and cleaned them for another year. I have two suet cages ready to go but I will wait for the rain to stop.

I baked some Pillsbury cookies today and I had some cream cheese frosting left over. I think its a
    cookie day. Maybe it will make Dave feel better since he has a cold. I am still sleeping in the spare
    room so I don't get it. :p If he feels okay by tonight we will go out for dinner.

Shirley

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm not homebut mmy blood sugar and mt y sight is. Not so good. So hard to read what i post i was in er from 3 pm till 10 pm wednesday and fill owfuf. No blood clough but didhave a bladder a high b ovvordings to mmy home nurse will causes a high treading in mynlood sugar runnin atround 350 fo 400 no wonder i cant see.
    Options
    We love you MARIE
  • linder4866
    Options
    Oh yes!!!! Marie!!!! <3<3<3 So happy to hear from you.
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    Great to hear from you MARIE girl. ❤️❤️❤️XXX Anne.
  • oystereyes
    oystereyes Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your recent health issues, Marie. I know how awful high Blood sugar can mess with your eyesight. It is an ongoing thing with me as well. So far I have been able to keep things under control. You seem to be a strong determined lady! I think you can beat this problem. You are a Dallas cowgirl, after all. We are all thinking of you.
    Patsy
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    Options
    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MARIE <3<3<3

6vl3vyaoal6l.jpg

lots of hugs ~ Jackie

• linder4866
    Options
    Beautiful bear!!

Wishing everyone a safe and pleasant day. I am in my way out to wander through some of the long list if interesting things going on today because the sun is out, the weather is lovely, and several things sound so good! Best thing, if I change my mind I can just come back home at any point. Gotta love that.

Hugs.

Lin
  • Sandydur
    Options
    GO CUBS! Happy Saturday! :) No plans this afternoon until 5:00 Mass. Then coming home to watch the Cubs hopefully cinch their spot in the world series. I am not a die hard sports fan and hardly watch sports, but this is so exciting and if only it could happen in my life time. One Day at a Time.

Marie, glad to see you post here but if rest is what you need then rest. You are such a fighter and I do hope things are improving and soon you can feel like yourself again. Love you!!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Sandy
    One Day at a Time
    Options
    Me same as Lin. Checking out some items for sale, safe places, no worries. And a trip to our friends big market. Lots of yummy vegetables today, and I can't wait!!
    Have a happy Saturday everyone
    Phoebe
  • Jacean2016
    Options
    I give up. Who on earth are the cubs SANDY, I would imagine not a cricket team? Anne.
    I'm spending the afternoon doing pen and ink drawings, in between walkies.....of course!
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Jacean2016 wrote: »
    I give up. Who on earth are the cubs SANDY, I would imagine not a cricket team? Anne.
    I'm spending the afternoon doing pen and ink drawings, in between walkies.....of course!

Yikes!! American Baseball!! We have two teams in Chicago, the White Sox and the Cubs.

The Cubs won back-to-back World Series championships in 1907 and 1908, becoming the first Major League team to play in three consecutive World Series, and the first to win it twice. The team has appeared in a total of ten World Series, most recently in 1945.

I was three years old the last time they play in the World Series and not even a twinkle in my parents eyes in 1907 and 1908 since they weren't even born yet.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I hope your Cubs win since our Blue Jays did not get that far but did a fantastic job this year, Go Jays!!
    This all about base ball, Anne.

A very cold day today only 43F and you guessed it, we have the furnace on. I just finished making some
    beef barley vegetable soup for us to enjoy this week. Dave is getting better from his cold and his cough
    seems to have subsided.

We have a free movie coupon so we are going to see "Sully" tonight with Tom Hanks.

Marie Please keep fighting my friend, I hope you are doing better today. <3

Shirley
  • Jacean2016
    edited October 2016
    Options
    SANDY.....oh. Thanks, my suspicions were correct. Hope they win and make your day.

Anne